X-Files COLLECTOR'S SEASONS $19.99 at Costco...

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
These are the original prints of the X-Files seasons (that were $99-130 each back in the day) complete with the bonus features. These are NOT the slim new releases that don't have the bonus content.

I spotted a few boxes worth of them at the Venice Beach/Culver City Costco when they opened this morning, each marked $19.99. Specifically saw seasons 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8, but I'm sure they had a few of each 1-9. I haven't checked online yet, but I do recall their prices and selection often varied between in store and online. Definitely a good deal for some very hard to find boxed sets IMO. And get an extra 2% cashback if you have an Executive Costco membership card.

They won't have them online, as their in-store selection of DVD's blows the tits off of their online selection, which is pretty much zip.

Interesting that they're calling them "Collector's Editions". :whistle2:s Might be worth a look-see, depending on what's in the collector's editions versus the slimpacks.

Saw them at my local Costco. Chock full of extra features, and at a great price as well.

Damn $10 thinpacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
shrike, where are the seasons 10 a piece? also, if you find the exact difference could you please post. i cant find the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Animal7390']shrike, where are the seasons 10 a piece?[/quote]Last summer, when BB had that $10 off any Fox DVD set coupon, they had a bunch of the Fox DVD sets for $20 each, so I stocked up on my X-Files seasons. That, and a number of other shows as well.

If I didn't have them, I'd be all over these like white on rice.

I'm not sure if they were collectors editions..But I seen all season of X files at Walmart for $19.99 each too. I ended up geting Beavis and Butthead Season III for $14.95.

[quote name='Grumpy Junglist']who pays 100 a season? thats like the moron who pays a grand for a ps3![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they debuted at $100 each around eight years ago. Same thing with the old Star Trek season sets.

To add to that, from what I understand it was a brave new world of TV-on-DVD when these and Star Trek came out. No one knew what to expect, and hardcore fans probably saw it as normal; nothing to compare to.

24 eps for $100 is, after all, only $4 an episode :D

Myself, I want the large box that was released not too long ago; my understanding is that it has all the extra features from these old sets...?

The big box set is a repackaging of all 9 collector's edition seasons, the first movie, and a bonus features disc containing some documentaries from the four Mythology releases. Plus a drawer full of random stuff like a comic book and an episode guide and some other crap like that. If you can find it for less than $180 (and I'm sure you can if you look around a little), it might be worth skipping the Costco individual sets currently on sale and getting the full series instead. Unless you just have to pick up one or two seasons to complete your collection.

[quote name='shrike4242']Last summer, when BB had that $10 off any Fox DVD set coupon, they had a bunch of the Fox DVD sets for $20 each, so I stocked up on my X-Files seasons. That, and a number of other shows as well.

If I didn't have them, I'd be all over these like white on rice.[/quote]

If I were you, I would re-buy the deluxe originals at Costco, then try to craigslist the slimpacks as a "complete" set of all 9 seasons for $100 or best offer. I'm sure someone would bite.

[quote name='karkyco']If I were you, I would re-buy the deluxe originals at Costco, then try to craigslist the slimpacks as a "complete" set of all 9 seasons for $100 or best offer. I'm sure someone would bite.[/quote]I might do that, assuming I can find all of them. From what I had seen, there were only seasons 2, 4, 5, 6, maybe also 3.

I'll take a check the next time I run into Costco.

[quote name='dinosaursrock']The big box set is a repackaging of all 9 collector's edition seasons, the first movie, and a bonus features disc containing some documentaries from the four Mythology releases. Plus a drawer full of random stuff like a comic book and an episode guide and some other crap like that. If you can find it for less than $180 (and I'm sure you can if you look around a little), it might be worth skipping the Costco individual sets currently on sale and getting the full series instead. Unless you just have to pick up one or two seasons to complete your collection.[/quote]

You can definitely find the box set for less than $180 on ebay, I just bought it a month ago for $155 with free shipping (and with the 35% cash back live search for a total of $101). The box set is nice, comes with the first movie and a guide that gives a brief description of each episode. Also comes with all of the extra stuff they ever made like commercials, etc. At the moment it also comes with 2 tickets for the new movie, just went and saw it this past weekend.

bread's done
Back