X-Men Trilogy Pack Blu-ray Now Only 31.98 + FS at Deep Discount

my store has like 10 of these but 60 in store, says online deal only so if i order this online to store can i buy it online and pick it up later today?

im not passing on this

i really wanna do it but BB is selling the pirates 1-3 bluray for 14.99 and they are the steelbooks

[quote name='styl3s']i really wanna do it but BB is selling the pirates 1-3 bluray for 14.99 and they are the steelbooks[/QUOTE]

You can't just blurt out something like this without some proof. If this is the case, how come it isn't one of the thread topics. Is this YMMV? How about a little bit more info on this bold statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how they are packaged, but a quick search on BB.com shows the POTC blu-rays for $14.99 each.

BTW, the X Men Trilogy is on sale only FOR TODAY: FEB 21, 2010.

I was thinking the same, but it's the cheapest right now, compared to a $30 Gold Box back in Nov that apparently sold out in less than 15 mins. Other sites are selling this for quite a bit more.

Bought this sale since there's 8% Bing to bump tax back. Thanks OP for the heads up. I figure if I wait too long they might decide to get rid of the extra discs and features.

Just got the xmen trilogy and all three pirate movies individually for $85 and some change. Best deal I've ever gotten.

Just went in-store and checked. The Pirates Blu-ray are not the steelbook versions. Also in my shop (Broadway, NY), the Pirates Blu are not advertised as $14.99 and do not ring up as $14.99, so save yourself the pain with customer support and just do in-store pick-up if you want them or get them delivered.

Still, I felt that with a little more cajoling I might have convinced them to have given me the steelbooks for $14.99 since everyone seemed confused about my assurances that on-line, it was $14.99. And at the end, one of the customer service reps. just gave up and applied a generic price-match discount.

I picked up the first and second movies--but I might return them as the price is pretty good but isn't fantastic or anything.

I picked up the trilogy and then found the 4-disk version of "Up" on sale for $18 so I got that too. Thanks a bunch for the heads up OP, I really wanted to upgrade my X-Men series to blu ray. (It is also my first blu ray purchase)

[quote name='goldeneye64']Picked this up. I had a $5 rewards zone certificate. Plus with free shipping and bing cashback it came out a lil less then $30.[/QUOTE]

goldeneye64 or anyone else who knows,

Did your cashback show up yet? I ordered this morning and still nada. Wonder if it's because they don't really process orders on Sundays.

Also, since you used a RZ cert, did the amount get based on pre or post RZ.

Thanks.

I didn't have a reward zone cert since 210 of my points got wiped out Feb 1st BUT I ordered thru bing this morning and got the notification for cash back around an hour later. It's usually shows up pretty quick for me except for Target which screwed us. We ordered a Pancake Puff pan ( LOL ) and were never credited for the purchase. Lost a whooping .90 !!!!!! Will pick up the movies tomorrow after work.

Hmm, I usually get that notice fairly quick with a store pick too. Since I went with shipping this time, I'm at a lost as to the time frame.

The slowest it's ever taken was a few hours with Newegg.

Appreciate the reply.

[quote name='sobishop']These do not specify steelbook. This is why I questioned his statement. Can anyone confirm the steelbooks are also 14.99?[/QUOTE]yea i went in the store today. its only the regular BRs and they had to PM the website. i couldnt get the steelbooks to go. i probably could of but maybe ill try another day. depends whose there.

only cuz i couldnt get those i bit for the xmen trilogy.

Make sure you check your discs. My copy of X2: X-Men United was missing the first disc and instead just had a copy of the X-Men movie. Hopefully it wont be to much of a problem for me to get this swapped out at Best Buy on Thursday.

[quote name='Hibiwa']goldeneye64 or anyone else who knows,

Did your cashback show up yet? I ordered this morning and still nada. Wonder if it's because they don't really process orders on Sundays.

Also, since you used a RZ cert, did the amount get based on pre or post RZ.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Showed up in my account 5 minutes after I placed my order with an amount of $2.80. Thats 8% of the $34.99. So it was pre-tax and pre- certificate.

Thanks goldeneye54.

To be safe, I placed another order with a RZ and it showed up pending a few minutes later like yours. Glad I redid this even if I have to deal with a return.

[quote name='sobishop']These do not specify steelbook. This is why I questioned his statement. Can anyone confirm the steelbooks are also 14.99?[/QUOTE]

I got the 3 POTC steelbooks for $15 each yesterday. All I had to do was say that BB.com had the movies for $15, and the cashier went off, cane back, and put in the BB.com price match(and waited for 'the key')

I'm sure it's a big YMMV depending on cashier, how big the checkout line is, if the manager's a chode, lunar cycles, etc.

BUT, there is a way to at least escalate your cause at Best Buy. If the cashier/manager claims that the $15 is for the normal editions only, point out the fact that the 'list price' on the site is $35. The regular versions have price stickers showing $30, while the steelbooks have a $35 price sticker. This argument might not help on AWE, as its list is $36 on BB.com

[quote name='manthing']I got the 3 POTC steelbooks for $15 each yesterday. All I had to do was say that BB.com had the movies for $15, and the cashier went off, cane back, and put in the BB.com price match(and waited for 'the key')

I'm sure it's a big YMMV depending on cashier, how big the checkout line is, if the manager's a chode, lunar cycles, etc.

BUT, there is a way to at least escalate your cause at Best Buy. If the cashier/manager claims that the $15 is for the normal editions only, point out the fact that the 'list price' on the site is $35. The regular versions have price stickers showing $30, while the steelbooks have a $35 price sticker. This argument might not help on AWE, as its list is $36 on BB.com[/QUOTE]
yeah this is how i did mine, the site shows the 35.xx as 15 which is the steelbook price not regular edition and they couldn't find the "steelbook" on the site with pirates in it so they PM'd the steels

im a happy camper

Do yourself a favor, save some money and some sanity, just buy the first movie on Blu-Ray. Then pretend the other 2 movies never existed... you know, like the Matrix.

^ Considering the second movie is far and way the best of the 3, I don't quite get your post.

And Honestly, the 3rd movie isn't that terrible, it's way better than the shit-storm Wolverine was.

I just tried it again at the Union Square NY store (for the steelbooks) but no go. All they did was check the SKUs to see if they matched. I tried to advance my cause for the $35 dollar thing--but I didn't have a copy of the website with me so I couldn't point it out.

I'll try one more time with the Broadway store and if I can't get it (I'll print out the website). If not, I'll just return everything. I don't even care about the steelbooks, it's more the fact that there's a better deal out there that I'm apparently not getting that bothers me.

Destro, I pray to god that he was talking about Pirates and that you were talking about Xmen ... Otherwise you should both be taken outside by the good taste police and shot. Yes X2 is the best, yes Pirates 1 is the only good part of that trilogy ;)

now that the pirates movies are on sale, im trying to decide if I want that trilogy on blu, or if I want to keep last weeks purchase of the green lantern, wonderwoman, and doomsday on blu or return them for the POTC movies. argh.

any thoughts?

[quote name='etcrane']Destro, I pray to god that he was talking about Pirates and that you were talking about Xmen ... Otherwise you should both be taken outside by the good taste police and shot. Yes X2 is the best, yes Pirates 1 is the only good part of that trilogy ;)[/QUOTE]

I was talking bout X-Men, but I did think the 3rd Pirates was good. It was at least a little different in terms of tone.

[quote name='ZForce915']Did anyone else have a weird orange circle sticker on the back of their copy of x-men 3? I thought that was strange.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that mine to also had an orange sticker. Don't know why it's on there but yes weird.

[quote name='ZForce915']Did anyone else have a weird orange circle sticker on the back of their copy of x-men 3? I thought that was strange.[/QUOTE]

Yea I had it on the back of mine. Maybe it was so the workers knew which one to put last.

[quote name='wild21crazy']Yea I had it on the back of mine. Maybe it was so the workers knew which one to put last.[/QUOTE]

I could see that, make sure they know what order they go in so you don't end up with x3/x2/x1 as the order when you open it.

Just glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Darnit, DeepDiscount has X-Men Trilogy for only $31.98! Grrrrrrrrr. Can't decide if it's worth the hassle of a double return to save under $4 after bingky.

Weird thing is the title says 9 discs including digital copy, but the description detail says 6. Anyone heard of them dropping the digital copy or something?

[quote name='Hibiwa']Darnit, DeepDiscount has X-Men Trilogy for only $31.98! Grrrrrrrrr. Can't decide if it's worth the hassle of a double return to save under $4 after bingky.

Weird thing is the title says 9 discs including digital copy, but the description detail says 6. Anyone heard of them dropping the digital copy or something?[/QUOTE]

I think that the hassle isn't worth $4.

[quote name='wild21crazy']Yea I had it on the back of mine. Maybe it was so the workers knew which one to put last.[/QUOTE]

It's probably to tell the difference between the box set version of X3 and the preexisting standalone version.

[quote name='ZForce915']I think that the hassle isn't worth $4.[/QUOTE]

Guess not. DD does take longer to ship and the BB ones are on their way. I still have to return one of the BB orders no matter what anyway -- it'll just look very strange to return the same thing twice.

edit: Thanks wild21crazy. Just saw the FOX Mega Sale banner and the sale prices end 3/2/10.

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up 2 of the pirate steelbooks, but for some reason the clerk decided I couldn't pricematch the first one lol. So I'm stuck at 2/3 POTC steelbooks, and one normal blu.

It would bug the crap out of me to have 2/3, so congrats on the PM.

Got my X-Men Trilogy yesterday. Haven't checked the discs yet, but glad I ended up with two orders since one of them got dinged around the edges -- that one is going back.

bread's done
Back