x rocker chair clearance @ Walmart

deadlite

CAGiversary!
Hey I just picked up the x rocker video game chair at walmart for 40.00.

I got it mainly for ds and psp and I must say lumines ROCKS with this chair.

However the headphone to audio jack adapter doesn't fit the ds very well so you may want to pick up a different one at a radio shack or something.

Just printed it. I'm going to go to my local store in the next 15 mins and report if I was able to get it. Crossing my fingers here.

Typically, I'd say this would never work.

Wal*Mart's policy on Price Matching clearly states *local* and *competitor*, and a Wal*Mart in another town falls under neither of those two.

However - apparently stores have *TONS* of these things. I'm talking like 50 or more. So, perhaps, if you manage to talk to the store manager (or the assistant over Furniture) and they want to get rid of these things bad enough, they might be willing to let it slide. So basically, it might be worth trying, but don't get your hopes up.

$65 at my Wal Mart, manager said they will NOT price match another store on clearance item even with a copy of a reciept no matter how many they have in stock.

Pretty nice chair if you don't mind cords running to it.

0009433851225_500X500.jpg

Some things you should know about the Kickin' Deep (KD) X-Rocker:

* The subwoofer built into the seat lets you feel the bass, not just hear it
* The X-Rocker features Audio Force Modulation (see below) technology for optimum performance.
* It folds for easy storage! That's right!
* It's ergonomically designed to provide strong back support
* Dimensions? 33"H x 21-3/4"W x 36"D. Just the right size for everyone from kids to adults
* At 38 lbs., it's hefty from its quality electronics yet light enough to be moved around by a less-than-hefty person
* Two 3-watt speakers built into the headrest place the mids and highs right at ear level!
* One built-in powered 4" subwoofer with a port for deeper bass is at your command with an adjustable volume control
* Frequency response? 60HZ-15kHz. We knew you'd ask.
* The X-Rocker's high performance amplifier output with high, mid and low-range frequency response provide the clarity, crispness and fullness of a sound chair priced much higher.
* Its subwoofer and satellite speakers are capable of withstanding 80-watt loads
* Connect the X-Rocker to any sound source! Hook up your MP3 player, iPod, PSP, PS2, Xbox, TV, DVD player, CD player and more
* Of course, it's been acoustically tested to meet demanding standards - well above competitively priced systems
* Durable faux-leather vinyl fabric makes cleaning the X-Rocker easy

Games:

* Jump into the game with XboX Revolution, PlayStation2, Game Cube, Gambeboy or any other games
* The X Rocker makes handheld games come to life
* Link multiple chairs together for simultaneous multi-player enjoyment

Movies:

* Plug in your TV, DVD, or Satellite TV for an enhanced home theater experience

Music:

* Get into the groove when you plug in your iPod, MP3 or CD player
* Use the X-Rocker as your personal sound system or fill the entire room with music

Audio Force Modulation? What's that?

Audio Force Modulation (AFM) is a unique sound system designed specially for the Kickin' Deep X-Rocker. Using the open space inside the chair to amplify sound and increase sound quality, it features speakers that are built directly into the frame of the chair. AFM technology delivers vibrational audio that intensifies every experience, whether you're rocking to the music, feeling the pulse-pounding action of games or enjoying your favorite movie. The X-Rocker features an adjustable powered subwoofer coupled with tuned "tweeter"/mid-range speakers to provide a multi-sensory entertainment experience.

The only thing I don't like about mine is that it falls and stays back if you lean too far back. Some of the other gamer chairs I've tried always bounce you back up.

Has no one been able to price match cause my brother went to the walmart 2 towns over with my receipt and got one, the price there was still 70.00.

[quote name='Nephilim']$65 at my Wal Mart, manager said they will NOT price match another store on clearance item even with a copy of a reciept no matter how many they have in stock.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to imply that Price Matching would work just because a store has a ton of these things in stock - quite simply that some stores may *want* to get rid of the things so much that they're willing to match another Wal*Mart (Something they normally wouldn't do) in order to get rid of 'em. For 99% of those who try, I'd have to say that it just isn't gonna work.

[quote name='gizmogc']Change the title to read YMMV. Since only 1 or 2 people have atually found this for $40[/QUOTE]

ya but the title just says they are clearenced which it appears that everyone is at least finding them clearenced out to $70.

[quote name='deadlite']I'm fairly new so I don't know what YMMV is.[/QUOTE]
Your Mileage May Vary, meaning that it is a deal that is specific to stores, not a chainwide deal.

Gotcha, I guess some people might be getting confused if they highlight the title and read the first part of my post though.

Sorry about that but if the stores have as much in stock as they say they do then it should hopefully be just a matter of time before the price drops there too, unless the managers are too stingy to price drop further.

$70 at the Severance Center WalMart in Cleveland, supposedly marked down from $99. They did have a decent looking poker table that was clearanced down from $99 to $40 though.

They went from $99 to $70 and now to $55 at the Wal-Mart in Woodburn, OR. We have about 30 in stock so a further clearance should be expected.

My store (Princeton, IN) just marked these down to $50 in the last couple of days. However, we still had 50+ on hand and apparently, still more coming in...

These were $90 when I checked last week at the store in Poinciana, FL.

Went this weekend, and they were clearanced (red-tagged on each box) for $55. Snagged one. Still a huge stack remaining.

Thanks OP. Picked one up on Tuesday for $50 at Delmont, PA Wal-Mart. No more lying in the floor! YES! Finally I can sit comfortably to play games.

Nice Find!

Finally found one at a nice price.

Cleraranced to $50 at the Wal-Mart in Mt. Prospect, IL. They had about a dozen or so on the shelf. Bought one, brought it home, and set it up in about 1 minute. It's all one piece that's folded in half -- you simply unfold the chair, slip a brad into three hinge-like cylinders to secure the two pieces into one, and velcro the seam closed with an outer velcro flap.

I was happy to find a decent amount of cords in the box -- power adapter, 2 sets of RCA cables, 1 set of female-female RCA couplers, and a 1/16 stereo-RCA converter. I love having an abundance of RCA cables & connectors, as I'm always Frankensteining different products together.

On the side by the sitter's right knee/thigh, there is a instrument panel and connection dock consisting of a power cord input, RCA input & output, headphone input, power on/off switch, and knobs to adjust volume and bass. When you turn on the chair, a blue light illuminates the product name on the instrument panel -- a nice little touch. On the left side of the chair, you will find a nice little 5-inch wide pocket, perfect for storing headphones, remote controls, or DS/PSP games. A 360 controller doesn't fit completely, but you can shove one handle into it for safe keeping.

I hooked it up to an MP3 player, and for $50, I'm pretty happy with the sound output. I cranked it to the max volume and max bass on the chair, and was presented with clean, loud sound with very little distortion. The bass output won't send you to the hospital for back surgery, but it does add a little low-end to your listening environment.

"Why does it have RCA output?" I asked myself. The instruction manual indicates that if you have more than one X-Rocker, you can daisy-chain them together for a row of aural sitting, instead of trying to split the signal to hook up each chair to the main sound driver.

But is the chair comfortable? Well, if you've ever sat in one of these floor rockers before, it does the job. It gives your body full support from head to hips, and the absence of sides to it make it the perfect chair in which to play games/watch movies/relax. I've always found it uncomfortable to play DS/PSP in my desk chair, because the arms get in the way and I get uncomfortable looking down after a while. I've always been keen on floor-sitting, and I've always enjoyed these low-profile chairs for relaxing. It has a fake leather material covering it, so watch out for sharp objects in your pants pockets before sitting down.

My room is pretty cramped right now, so I'm wrestling to find an adequate place to store/display the chair for the time being. My main reason for purchasing the chair will be to play DS & PSP with an amplified volume, since both devices are pretty low-volume for my tastes. I feel that it is a very good value, especially at this clearanced price point. Thanks OP!

$55 at the Pontiac, IL Wal-Mart. Three left. (I don't need one, so I'm holding off unless they get very cheap!)

Bought one from Fairfield, CA for $50. Works well, sound is clear and definitely a cool addition to an entertainment set.

Last time I checked they where $70, but maybe they dropped. I wouldn't budge unless they hit $40 or below so I'm still going to wait.

I picked one up at Wal Mart last night. I bought a few other things when I was there and somehow the cashier didn't scan the video game rocker box correctly, so it didn't ring up and I ended up getting it for free. Can't beat that price!!!

Anyways, I'll give some feedback on the unit once I get it hooked up later this week.

I just realized a cool way to add the chair to your home theatre setup--run your audio to the chair, then output it back into your stereo via the RCA outputs...voila! Not only can you have your surround sound kickin', but the chair will be added to the environment! Gonna try it tonight after work.

[quote name='mick16']I picked one up at Wal Mart last night. I bought a few other things when I was there and somehow the cashier didn't scan the video game rocker box correctly, so it didn't ring up and I ended up getting it for free. Can't beat that price!!!

Anyways, I'll give some feedback on the unit once I get it hooked up later this week.[/QUOTE]

Nothing like stealing! Alright!

bread's done
Back