X06 Rumors

OGHowie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Supposedly some X06 announcements that somebody posted on a couple forums.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/x06/rumor-x06-announcement-roundup-203314.php

"Tommorow is the X06 conference in Barcelona. Some info has been leaked including some big surprises. Here is a list of what is going to be anounced tommorow. Tune in for the confernce at Xbox.com from 6pm GMT.

Gears of War single player and multiplayer videos shown. Playable on show floor.

HD-DVD anouncement. Release date and price for Europe and United States. £119.99/E149.99 and December 1st release in Europe.$199.99 USD and November 24th release in US.
All will be bundled with Universal Media Remote.

A new Halo 3 trailer is shown. Some multiplayer info revealed. Aiming for 50-64 player online. Announce that Halo 3 will be the first game to run natively on 1080p. They will make full use of this update. Available in 2007. Playable behind closed doors.

More info about 1080p and how it will be done. New dashboard announcement. Release date revealed for late November. Will allow users to try out homebrew content made with XNA game express.

More news on Live Anywhere and how it will function. Talk about function with Zune and XBLA titles.

Rare show off new version of Killer Instinct for the 360. Will support 4 player tag matches. Playable on show floor.

Alan Wake shown and fully playable. Will also be availble on Windows Vista. Coming this Spring.

Fable 2 trailer shown. Multiplayer confirmed.

Black Xbox 360 anounced. Available this Christmas around the world. New Xbox 360 core and premium bundles shown. Xbox 360 Classics game list. Kameo, PDZ included. More this spring including Oblivion.

Many more videos and games are playable. I have just listed some of the major ones."

Yeah, I can have ANOTHER remote with my HD-DVD...if I take the plunge. I'll still use my 360 Logitech remote though

Nice news though. Black 360 sounds fun...maybe they'll add multiplayer.

50-64 players for HALO 3....wow, that's a lot of cheaters... ;)

[quote name='doubledown'] Black 360 sounds fun...maybe they'll add multiplayer.
[/QUOTE]
The console will be black. Not the game "Black".

These rumors sound way too good to be true, but I pray they are.

50 player multiplayer seems a bit unnecessary and almost more of a counter to Resistence on the PS3.

Hopefully, the black 360 will come along with a price cut.

[quote name='guyver2077']i wil fucking go nuts if they announce killer instinct!!!!!!/quote]

You and me both. Especially if they release the original as a bonus disk or XBLA...

original ki on xbla would be huge!!! man they could make so much money of that...

fuck what more could i ask for. one of my wishes is already happening with umk3 online.. ki would be awesome

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i smell bullshit[/QUOTE]

Agrees, but some of it is probably true. Ex: Playable GOW on showfloor. That's believeable.

I would LOVE killer instinct to come out on a console again MAN I've missed that series *sigh* good memories of KI2 and my N64

I was just talking to a friend the other day about how MS really needs killer instinct on XBLA. I hope that rumor is true.

64 players in halo is not that big of a deal is the map is big enough.

that's a lot of good news. :) way better than TGS.

multiplayer Fable? yes please.

Here's some rumors on the demos:

If you are even remotely excited about that, there is more to come, unless you don’t like playable demos of course. Any football fans around? No, oh well, I’m still starting with the best; Pro Evolution Soccer 6! Yes, that is great news! And if this all holds true, I won’t be posting for a while (sorry Curry)! Alright, alright, there is other stuff. Viva Pinata anyone? Or how about Splinter Cell Double Agent multiplayer demo? Yup, apparently it’s all going to be there. Make of it what you will.
  • Splinter Cell Double Agent multiplayer
  • Crackdown
  • Forza Motorsport 2
  • Sonic the Hedghog
  • Viva Pinata
  • Need for Speed Carbon
  • Call of Duty 3
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 6
  • Mass Effect
  • + MORE
Videos:
  • GOW single player and multiplayer
  • Halo 3 trailer
  • Fable 2
  • LOTS MORE….
Picture Packs and Themes:
  • Fable 2
  • COD3
  • Crackdown
  • X06
  • Community Pack
  • MUCH MORE
http://www.xboxic.com/news/1692

man I'm really hoping a lot of this is on the lvl looks like MS is really shaping things up right around the PS3 and Wii launches to should make things very exciting.

Wow that is a lot of demos. I think I may have to call BS at this point. I just can't see a Mass Effect demo this early.

And I'm really curious as to how Fable will be multiplayer.

This "leak" in general has to be bogus (although some of the obvious stuff is true - showing GoW, HD-DVD date, etc) but just for S&G let's pretend it's legit...

Gears of War single player and multiplayer videos shown. Playable on show floor.
Not surprising.

HD-DVD anouncement. Release date and price for Europe and United States. £119.99/E149.99 and December 1st release in Europe.$199.99 USD and November 24th release in US.
Not surprising either:
[quote name='KaneRobot']200 bucks. Bank on it.[/quote]

A new Halo 3 trailer is shown. Some multiplayer info revealed. Aiming for 50-64 player online.
No chance in hell. That's the bit that's making me doubt the legitimacy of these "rumors."

Announce that Halo 3 will be the first game to run natively on 1080p. They will make full use of this update. Available in 2007. Playable behind closed doors.
Interesting. I don't think they can pull off 1080p, but we'll see.

More info about 1080p and how it will be done. New dashboard announcement. Release date revealed for late November.
Probably the week before the HD-DVD release.

Will allow users to try out homebrew content made with XNA game express.
Homebrew content the user made, or homebrew content other people made?

More news on Live Anywhere and how it will function. Talk about function with Zune and XBLA titles.
Don't care.

Rare show off new version of Killer Instinct for the 360. Will support 4 player tag matches. Playable on show floor.
Now THAT would be pretty cool, although KI doesn't really hold up to the test of time like, say, Street Fighter II. Could be interesting to see what they do with it.

Alan Wake shown and fully playable. Will also be availble on Windows Vista. Coming this Spring.
Moderately interested, but it's annoying that MS thinks we care about this game as much as they seem to.

Feh. Didn't take interest in the first one, but the multi is good and doesn't have a monthly fee it could be worth checking out.

Black Xbox 360 anounced. Available this Christmas around the world.
Sigh.

New Xbox 360 core and premium bundles shown. Xbox 360 Classics game list. Kameo, PDZ included. More this spring including Oblivion.
Would rather see a price drop, but I understand why they are doing the "new" bundles instead. I'll grab Oblivion when it becomes a Platinum title.[/quote]

This "leak" in general has to be bogus (although some of the obvious stuff is true - showing GoW, HD-DVD date, etc) but just for S&G let's pretend it's legit...

Not surprising.

Not surprising either:
[quote name='KaneRobot']200 bucks. Bank on it.[/quote]

A new Halo 3 trailer is shown. Some multiplayer info revealed. Aiming for 50-64 player online.
No chance in hell. That's the bit that's making me doubt the legitimacy of these "rumors."

Announce that Halo 3 will be the first game to run natively on 1080p. They will make full use of this update. Available in 2007. Playable behind closed doors.
Interesting. I don't think they can pull off 1080p, but we'll see.

More info about 1080p and how it will be done. New dashboard announcement. Release date revealed for late November.
Probably the week before the HD-DVD release.

Will allow users to try out homebrew content made with XNA game express.
Homebrew content the user made, or homebrew content other people made?

Don't care.

Now THAT would be pretty cool, although KI doesn't really hold up to the test of time like, say, Street Fighter II. Could be interesting to see what they do with it.

Moderately interested, but it's annoying that MS thinks we care about this game as much as they seem to.

Feh. Didn't take interest in the first one, but the multi is good and doesn't have a monthly fee it could be worth checking out.

Black Xbox 360 anounced. Available this Christmas around the world.
Sigh.

New Xbox 360 core and premium bundles shown. Xbox 360 Classics game list. Kameo, PDZ included. More this spring including Oblivion.
Would rather see a price drop, but I understand why they are doing the "new" bundles instead. I'll grab Oblivion when it becomes a Platinum title.[/quote]

[quote name='KaneRobot']

[/quote][/QUOTE]

Me too. Halo 2 sucked with 16 players. Everyone figured that out pretty quickly and stopped playing BTB. Bungie cut the Big Team stuff back on the playlists for slightly smaller games. Halo 2 is great for 4 to 8 player games, but beyond that it's just pointless.

The SC:DA demo is a no brainer. Ubisoft has released a demo for every SC game to date, and usually a month or so ahead of the actual game release. A lot of these others are just some forum trolls wishlist. I'd love to be proven wrong, but my hopes aren't going to be too high.

[quote name='rabbitt']It would be nice to see a demo of Alan Wake on the Marketplace next week.[/quote]

Yeah, I've been waiting for that game for a while

No chance in hell we see Forza 2 or Mass Effect demos this early. Neither of those games will be in stores before March. Although I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get COD3 and Splinter Cell demos.

[quote name='help1']when is X06?[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow.

That's why people think these leaks might have some validity since it is only a day away.

Killer instinct and Mass effect are the main biggies, but pretty much the entire show seesm to be AAA stuff... heck the front page on xbox.com boasts about the whole thing being AAA centered.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']No chance in hell we see Forza 2 or Mass Effect demos this early. Neither of those games will be in stores before March. Although I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get COD3 and Splinter Cell demos.[/quote]
We got Lost Planet almost a year before it's scheduled release.

[quote name='psychobrawler']Me too. Halo 2 sucked with 16 players. Everyone figured that out pretty quickly and stopped playing BTB. Bungie cut the Big Team stuff back on the playlists for slightly smaller games. Halo 2 is great for 4 to 8 player games, but beyond that it's just pointless.[/quote]
I agree that Halo is great with 4 to 8 players, but 16 player games didn't suck because of the number of people. It sucked because of the lag. When we got a 16 player game going that was lag-free, it was hot fire.

[quote name='Trakan'] I agree that Halo is great with 4 to 8 players, but 16 player games didn't suck because of the number of people. It sucked because of the lag. When we got a 16 player game going that was lag-free, it was hot fire.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, BTB is my FAV.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Agreed, BTB is my FAV.[/QUOTE]

Eh about 50-64 players. It's pointless. Halo is more of a "tactical" FPS online when you really get the intricacies, and strategies down. 4 v 4 is almost a perferct format, with teammates calling out positions, timing weapon and powerup spawns, etc.

With 50-64 players, this pretty much kills the core of Halo, turning it into more of a UT-style, free-for-all-esque game. I agree with 16 players and lag however. I thought it was pretty fun, but the lag always kept me from actually wanting to spend alot of time playing it. If they are able to keep games lag-free with the use of dedicated servers, instead of having gamers become "hosts" this might work. But not with 50-64. I call 32 max. IF THAT.

Also, I think the new Halo 3 trailer may be true. If you listened to Bungie's podcast a couple days ago, they did say they have something very very big to show at X06, so we'll see.

[quote name='OGHowie']
All will be bundled with Universal Media Remote.[/QUOTE]

:bomb: NOOOOOOO :bomb:

I just went and bought one a few weeks ago.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Eh about 50-64 players. It's pointless. Halo is more of a "tactical" FPS online when you really get the intricacies, and strategies down. 4 v 4 is almost a perferct format, with teammates calling out positions, timing weapon and powerup spawns, etc.

With 50-64 players, this pretty much kills the core of Halo, turning it into more of a UT-style, free-for-all-esque game. I agree with 16 players and lag however. I thought it was pretty fun, but the lag always kept me from actually wanting to spend alot of time playing it. If they are able to keep games lag-free with the use of dedicated servers, instead of having gamers become "hosts" this might work. But not with 50-64. I call 32 max. IF THAT.

Also, I think the new Halo 3 trailer may be true. If you listened to Bungie's podcast a couple days ago, they did say they have something very very big to show at X06, so we'll see.[/QUOTE]

All it would be is offering the option to have such a high player count. Of course they are still going to offer 4 vs 4 and the usual we play now but they also have to bring something new to the table. 64 player deathmatch would be fun in containment or a level of that size. If 360 isn't going to have UT2007 we might as well have something way better.

Although a couple problems come to mind, just off the top of my head, Without dedicated servers this feature is worthless, how long would the wait time be for matchmaking to find 64 people? Are people going to stay around for team games? I'm under the assumption that Bungie's Halo 3 team is working on getting the bots ready for H3 launch but how good will they be?

[quote name='Trakan']We got Lost Planet almost a year before it's scheduled release.

[/quote]

BOX! I stand corrected. Still, I just don't see it happening.

I pray that they don't have 50-64 people. Just give me Halo 2 with better graphics and new maps and I'd be happy.

And dedicated servers...

And online co-op.

[quote name='zewone']I pray that they don't have 50-64 people. Just give me Halo 2 with better graphics and new maps and I'd be happy.

And dedicated servers...

And online co-op.[/QUOTE]

AND make it so the plasma pistol cant hold it's chargeup for longer then 5 seconds, doing so for more time will cause it to backfire and deplete your own shields.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']AND make it so the plasma pistol cant hold it's chargeup for longer then 5 seconds, doing so for more time will cause it to backfire and deplete your own shields.[/QUOTE]
Never thought of that, but that's a GREAT idea.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']AND make it so the plasma pistol cant hold it's chargeup for longer then 5 seconds, doing so for more time will cause it to backfire and deplete your own shields.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea man.

bread's done
Back