X1/PS4 Rayman Legends Pre-Order $39.99 Amazon & Best Buy ($31.99 w/ GCU)

Ugh, there isnt really anything at Best Buy for a couple dollars!

Maybe I will preorder PvZ Garden Warfare since it comes out the same day as Rayman... I just didn't really care to get that at launch though. Hm...

Any great ideas for something under $10 but still usable from Best Buy?
You can get a cheap DVD/Blu-Ray/Game/CD and that should put you above it.

So if the $39.99 I spent was through promo credit I acquired within the past week, is it safe to say that it should be returned to my account if I cancel the preorder?
It's a crapshoot with customer service acquired promo credit (I don't know how they do expiration), but otherwise yes, pretty safe - if you got it from c.s. the only thing you can really do is take screenshots, cross your fingers and cancel and see if it applies to your next order.

Ugh, still can't find anything to go with this at BB to use my $35 RZ Cert.

I really want to just slap it on to PvZ Garden Warfare but the more I look into that game the more I have a feeling it is going to be a disappointment. Hmmm...

Ugh, still can't find anything to go with this at BB to use my $35 RZ Cert.

I really want to just slap it on to PvZ Garden Warfare but the more I look into that game the more I have a feeling it is going to be a disappointment. Hmmm...
Can't you just buy that and return it later? You should get back however much of that $35 certificate was applied to it. :???:

Can't you just buy that and return it later? You should get back however much of that $35 certificate was applied to it. :???:
I didn't think they would refund the couple dollars? $3 of the certificate would apply to Garden Warfare and so if I returned it I assumed I would just be SoL for those few dolllars.

Seems to be $40 everywhere (BB, Amazon, GameStop, and Newegg), are we sure this is not just MSRP?

I didn't think they would refund the couple dollars? $3 of the certificate would apply to Garden Warfare and so if I returned it I assumed I would just be SoL for those few dolllars.
Nope, you should get back whatever portion of the certificate is applied to any item you return in a given transaction.

...At least, that's what I figured. If anyone can corroborate this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Nope, you should get back whatever portion of the certificate is applied to any item you return in a given transaction.

...At least, that's what I figured. If anyone can corroborate this, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Yeah it should go back as whatever portion of the cert was applied to that item as that amount of points to your account.

Glad this is a $40 MSRP apparently. Makes it an easier decision to pick up the PS4 version despite having the WiiU one already.

Ugh, there isnt really anything at Best Buy for a couple dollars!

Maybe I will preorder PvZ Garden Warfare since it comes out the same day as Rayman... I just didn't really care to get that at launch though. Hm...

Any great ideas for something under $10 but still usable from Best Buy?
They sell pop and candy. Find something near the registers.

Might have to grab this since its only 32.

After learning about this, im definitely getting it for next gen (x1 prolly):

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rayman-legends-for-xbox-one-ps4-kills-loading-times-thanks-to-power-of-new-consoles/1100-6417059/

January 10, 2014

Rayman Legends for the Xbox One and PS4 will include numerous features and content not found in the other versions, including new Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, and Splinter Cell-inspired playable characters available to players in the Heroes Gallery.

"Jumping in and out of a level has never been faster and it's a great feeling to have such a seamless experience," Morel said. "Navigating in the game now feels smoother and your gaming experience is never stopped by loading transitions."

One big load time to start the game with no more load times (outside of the cutscenes and dieing) is one of the many reasons DR3 was so great. Look forward to no load times.

"Xbox One owners will get additional Splinter Ray, Ray Vaas, and Globox Vaas costumes, whereas PlayStation 4 owners will get an Assassin Ray costume.

The multi-platinum rapper also neglects to mention that the Xbox One version will include 10 exclusive challenges with time-limited Achievements, or that the PlayStation 4 will feature its own touchpad actions."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/snoop-dogg-announces-rayman-legends-xbox-one-and-ps4-release-date-in-weird-trailer/1100-6416664/

It could just be a sale. It's been at $59.96 for a month in my cart now, and it just dropped today.
no, it's not a sale nor price drop. Retailers put $60 as a placeholder because a price hasn't been announced. Now, officially, it's $40. They wouldn't do a sale on a game that hasn't come out yet lol. And, before you answer, note that a sale on a specific product and a general promotion are not the same thing

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why people are trying to compare this release to Tomb Raider definitive edition? The graphics on TRDE were completely redone. Rayman Legends is being ported from a game that was made for this gen consoles. Ubisoft even says "graphics will be even sharper" LOL man I hope everyone understands what they are buying here. The WII U version is good enough for me.

I don't see why people are trying to compare this release to Tomb Raider definitive edition? The graphics on TRDE were completely redone. Rayman Legends is being ported from a game that was made for this gen consoles. Ubisoft even says "graphics will be even sharper" LOL man I hope everyone understands what they are buying here. The WII U version is good enough for me.
I was waiting to pick this up for cheap on last-gen when they announced that it would come out for next gen and so I decided to get it at release.

I know exactly what I am getting ; )

Because people have a sense of entitlement that is most of times unwarranted. :D/

That article is pretty uninformed and inaccurate. =\

Xbox One: Vaas Ray / Globox, Splinter Ray (preorder item Xbox 360), 10 time-exclusive achievements

PS4: Assassin Ray (preorder item PS3), trivial touch commands

Both: Champion Ray (awarded to people that do a lot and are VIP) and Funky Ray (Uplay bonus, was originally a Wii U exclusive)

......i know that. I'm asking for official details.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/321910-best-buy-gamers-club-unlocked-120-for-2-years-30-for-currentrecent-members-20-off-new-games-extends-to-current-members/

no, it's not a sale nor price drop. Retailers put $60 as a placeholder because a price hasn't been announced. Now, officially, it's $40. They wouldn't do a sale on a game that hasn't come out yet lol. And, before you answer, note that a sale on a specific product and a general promotion are not the same thing
To be fair, at the time, every retailer had the list price at $60. I was just guessing hence the "it COULD just be a sale."

With the PS4 library being so limited right now, I might have to pick this up. I never played it on another console, so I don't have a problem buying this version, especially for only $31.99. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Anybody know if the wiiu interface works any better or would recommend it over the 360 style interface.  Going to play this with my daughter.  Trying to decide to get this on xbox one or wiiu.  Thanks.

bread's done
Back