X1600XT or 6800XT?

I don't exactly understand what a 256-bit does better than a 128-bit chip but for mid-range brands, I doubt the amount of bits matter all that much.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']check out tomshardware.com for a side by side comparison?[/QUOTE]

i checked and he didn't compare them :(

For Nvidia XT means slowed down budget version. For ATI it means extra fast and awesome version. I would go with the the 1600 in this case, the 6800 is good but since it is XT then the 1600 wins.

[quote name='dtarasev']For Nvidia XT means slowed down budget version. For ATI it means extra fast and awesome version. I would go with the the 1600 in this case, the 6800 is good but since it is XT then the 1600 wins.[/QUOTE]

I know that but I was more concerned about the 128 bit and the GDDR3. I'm leaning towards the 1600 but I have an nforce4 motherboard so I'm thinking the 6800 would work better and it's cheaper so I have more money for games.

ATI still works good with Nforce boards. Nforce mobos are my favs but I like ATI video cards. I build all my systems that way and never had ANY problems performance wise. But Uber fragger is right Nvidia XT=weak sauce

bread's done
Back