X360: Alan Wake Full Game Download Code -- $7.99

astr0boy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Saw a thread for the limited edition at Dub-mart floating around for 29.99. If that's too fancy for you, PC Game Supply is selling the full Alan Wake Game code as a downloadable game on demand for $7.99. It was 9.99 this morning. The download is 6.23 GB.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Alan-Wake-US-Download/

Reviews for game: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/alan-wake
Reseller ratings/reviews for PC Game Supply: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/PC_Game_Supply

I was a little sketchy about the seller...I mean..PC Game Supply, really? But reseller ratings look okay and hell, if worse comes to worse, its $7.99.

If repost, please delete.

Cheers.

Amazon marketplace has had people selling these anywhere from $6-$9 for the past few months. I recently bit on this and loved the game to death, can't wait for the sequel.

I rented this back when I had my Blockbuster pass and really had a hard time getting into it. Does it get better as you go along?

Yeah I had a retail copy I grabbed from BBV for $5 after the B1G1. Kinda feel bad for getting rid of it, but I always knew that these download codes were 6-7 bucks.

Any CAG have an extra one they want to get rid of?

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah I had a retail copy I grabbed from BBV for $5 after the B1G1. Kinda feel bad for getting rid of it, but I always knew that these download codes were 6-7 bucks.

Any CAG have an extra one they want to get rid of?[/QUOTE]

Last I looked in the marketplace there were 50+ with ZERO being sold/traded.

These must make great cushions...

[quote name='krashhole']I rented this back when I had my Blockbuster pass and really had a hard time getting into it. Does it get better as you go along?[/QUOTE]

I found Chapters 3, 4, and 5 to be some of the most exciting gameplay I've experienced in quite a while. I had a hard time getting into it too. Either it didn't explicitly state it, or I skipped over it, but you have to fully shine your light on the Taken and wait for the 'darkness' to disappear, otherwise they take tons of bullets to take down and you'll be out of ammo in no time. Once I figured that out, I started really enjoying the game.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Last I looked in the marketplace there were 50+ with ZERO being sold/traded.

These must make great cushions...[/QUOTE]

How are you searching for it in the Marketplace or are you talking about in the Trade forum? Sry if Its a noob question. Im looking for a download code, not a retail copy.

[quote name='krashhole']I rented this back when I had my Blockbuster pass and really had a hard time getting into it. Does it get better as you go along?[/QUOTE]
If you didn't make it to chapter 3 you're seriously missing out. The battle at the farm is so fucking epic. Chapter 5 is probably my fav chapter overall due to the sherriff and Barry being along for most of the ride.

I'd say no. The gameplay remains pretty constant. I was sucked in by the atmosphere and story, but I'm also a sucker for Stephen King and Twin Peaks. It felt oh-so-right.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Those buying this don't forget the Signal DLC is free now.

Can be found here[/QUOTE]

No, It still costs 500+ points. What you saw for free was the video trailer for it.

Always amazes me how people are just finding out about these download codes. I swear they must get a new post at least once a month. I bet if they combined all the posts about it here the thread would be 100s of replies long!

Still a good find OP, just happens to be a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost.....

[quote name='zeke222']No, It still costs 500+ points. What you saw for free was the video trailer for it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I know it was free because I DL it for that simple fact. Now I can't see how much it costs because I was signed in playing around with the My Xbox app

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Always amazes me how people are just finding out about these download codes. I swear they must get a new post at least once a month. I bet if they combined all the posts about it here the thread would be 100s of replies long!

Still a good find OP, just happens to be a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost.....[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, I have been seeing these pop up for quite a long time.

I however always passed on them because my HDD was full. I however finally upgraded and now would like to pick this up. Anyone vouch for this site/ how fast was the code sent out/ is it just through email?

Took 40 minutes to get my code and it worked.

Mark it as Legit. They didn't even charge me until I got the code and phone call.

Waiting on phone a call now, we will see.

...Ok, got the call exactly 29min in. Waiting for code....
...recieved the code, logged into Xbox.com, entered the code and its in my download queue!!!

If anyone cares or is wondering, it is the joy of having an off shore call center and cheap VOIP. The code is actually a JPG of a download card code. Worked great! This is a nice CAG deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is amazing, it remind me of watching a tv show. My sister used to watch me play just to see the story

[quote name='Jhuntley']If you didn't make it to chapter 3 you're seriously missing out. The battle at the farm is so fucking epic. Chapter 5 is probably my fav chapter overall due to the sherriff and Barry being along for most of the ride.[/QUOTE]

I never got through the 1st chapter. I went ahead and bought the code because I have really been curious just how much more interesting the game gets.

[quote name='krashhole']I never got through the 1st chapter. I went ahead and bought the code because I have really been curious just how much more interesting the game gets.[/QUOTE]

You have to get to Chapter 3, then it gets good and the end of the Chapter 2 is the build up. Chapter 1 just sets the stage like any good mystery

Thanks OP for posting, and Thanks guys for the comments on the game play. Now I just have to find the time to play it lol. My back log has grew pretty big since signing up on CAG a year ago :)

I'll vouch for Alan Wake as well. I absolutely loved it, and the TV episode format the game uses is different from every other game out there. Creepy atmosphere and great (and creepy) characters all around. Make sure to watch the free prequel web videos on Zune Marketplace as well.

[quote name='wwfward']I'll vouch for Alan Wake as well. I absolutely loved it, and the TV episode format the game uses is different from every other game out there. Creepy atmosphere and great (and creepy) characters all around. Make sure to watch the free prequel web videos on Zune Marketplace as well.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Uncharted Series on PS3 is pretty Awesome and this game is along those lines. I Borrow my brothers PS3 just to play Uncharted and wish there as a similar game on Xbox but Alan Wake come close.

Why are there so many cheap download codes for this game? I want to play it but don't want a code that was gotten through shady methods.

[quote name='Antipodes']Why are there so many cheap download codes for this game? I want to play it but don't want a code that was gotten through shady methods.[/QUOTE]

You can always donate alot of money to microsoft for the same product :D

[quote name='Antipodes']Why are there so many cheap download codes for this game? I want to play it but don't want a code that was gotten through shady methods.[/QUOTE]
People didn't want them in the various system bundles out now.
Alan Wake, Halo Reach, Carnival Games, Child of Eden and Gunstringer/Fruit Ninja Kinect (they come as a bundle) can all be had for around $30 if you look at the right sites and are patient. I just bought codes for all 5 within the past month...

bread's done
Back