X360 HD-DVD Drive - 170.51 shipped

it is also $149.99 in store at sams club... alot still have the king kong+remote pack in also remember you have the mail in offer for 5 free HD movies

[quote name='almasy82']it is also $149.99 in store at sams club... alot still have the king kong+remote pack in also remember you have the mail in offer for 5 free HD movies[/quote]
$159.88 @ mine.

with that sams club pass, it says "10% service fee applies to all non-members." So..will they charge that to you if you use this pass. Kind of confusing, seeing as it says "temporary membership number" on the same coupon.
oh..i guess it does say that they will charge the 10% on the bottom of the coupon.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']with that sams club pass, it says "10% service fee applies to all non-members." So..will they charge that to you if you use this pass. Kind of confusing, seeing as it says "temporary membership number" on the same coupon.
oh..i guess it does say that they will charge the 10% on the bottom of the coupon.[/quote]
Wrong.

Excludes California, South Carolina, and Elmsford, NY.

Reading comprehension ftw.

I'd really like to get the HDDVD drive, but i have a feeling that HDDVD is going the way of the dodo bird within the next year.

[quote name='backlund']I'd really like to get the HDDVD drive, but i have a feeling that HDDVD is going the way of the dodo bird within the next year.[/quote]

yeah, i'm kinda iffy about it too. i just got an hdtv tho so i'm really anxious to see what an hd dvd can look like. i don't know if i can wait for the ps3 to get a decent deal again for the blu ray player.

[quote name='SonicPower']Well, you guys feel that way because of Sony PR.

HD-DVD is here to stay because of price.[/QUOTE]Guess I better start renting some HD-DVD's from Blockbuster now then. Maybe I can find an HD-DVD player at Target, too?

Can't wait until the Spiderman and Harry Potter movies come out this fall on HD-DVD, Bluray is finished.

[quote name='SonicPower']Well, you guys feel that way because of Sony PR.

HD-DVD is here to stay because of price.[/QUOTE]
It might as well be renamed the Universal Studios HD Player at this point.

Honestly, Blue Ray destroys HD DVD simply becuase it has more choices, better quality, and its cheaper (this is while comparing a core + HD player vs. a 20gb PS3.

Which is a perfectly relevant comparison since the 20 GB PS3s are widely available. Don't turn deal threads into debates over what format/system/cheese is better everyone. It's annoying.

$170 (so is $150) is still way too high for me, but my roommate is looking to buy one of these. I'll pass it on to him. Thanks OP and others.

I really wish we could have a discussion about finding a deal on HD-DVD with out BR/PS3 fanboys telling people how we shouldn't waist our money.

I used to think CAG was above fanboy comments but I guess not.

[quote name='TimPV3']Can't wait until the Spiderman and Harry Potter movies come out this fall on HD-DVD, Bluray is finished.[/quote]

Keep waiting for Spider-Man, because it will never happen.
Sony is handling distributing and it was already announced no HD-DVD version (for obvious reasons) only Blu-Ray, regular DVD, and UMD.
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/810/810443p1.html

[quote name='LanceJr']Keep waiting for Spider-Man, because it will never happen.
Sony is handling distributing and it was already announced no HD-DVD version (for obvious reasons) only Blu-Ray, regular DVD, and UMD.
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/810/810443p1.html[/quote]

i think he was being sarcastic...c'mon man...you even have a 'sarcasm' avatar...you didn't see that coming? lol

[quote name='LanceJr']Keep waiting for Spider-Man, because it will never happen.
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/810/810443p1.html[/quote]

Sony Pictures owns Spiderman, so of course, that will not come out on HD-DVD.

Though whatever, I liked the second one, but I didn't enjoy the first and especially the third.

Glad that I like Warner and Paramount movies. :)

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']i think he was being sarcastic...c'mon man...you even have a 'sarcasm' avatar...you didn't see that coming? lol[/quote]

OH I know, and expected me not to respond to your sarcasim?

[quote name='bugg33']It might as well be renamed the Universal Studios HD Player at this point.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Warner Brother's who released actually more content for HD-DVD than Blu Ray (80 movies versus 60 movies including some good exclusive, for now, of the Matrix Trilogy and Batman Begins). They also have extra features on the HD-DVD for certain dual format releases, like 300 for instance, where the HD-DVD has picture-in-a-picture pre-production film with commentary as you watch the post-production film. It's cool tos ee what they CGId and how they did certain scenes. This is extra not available on Blu Ray.

I have both HD-DVD and Blu Ray, and both have their ups and downs, so I'd say it's worth it. It's not like you can't keep watching movies if the format goes away, and many of the HD-DVD movies come in combo format (DVD and HD-DVD) on the same disc.

bread's done
Back