XB360 Guitar Hero II Bundle for $29.99 at Best Buy(in store only)

Sharingan Tony

CAGiversary!
I was at Best Buy today and noticed that the Guitar Hero II Bundle's on XB360 were only $29.99 a piece. At the register it scanned for $89.99, but I told the cashier lady they were on clearance for $29.99. She brought out a clipboard with a lot of bold text and different deals highlighted(I tried to peak at what was on the list, but I couldn't see anything else :lol:). She had to override the price for me, but I got 2 bundles for only $29.99 a piece. I don't have a scanner to show you my receipt, but I got these at the Brooklyn Center, MN store. Deal is in store only, online price is still $89.99. Oh, and if anyone is going to that area there were still around 10 or so left before they closed tonight.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Sounds like one of 'em YMMV Manager specials.[/QUOTE]

Yep. My BB had the bundles for $39.99 on Christmas Eve if I recall.

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']I was at Best Buy today and noticed that the Guitar Hero II Bundle's on XB360 were only $29.99 a piece. At the register it scanned for $89.99, but I told the cashier lady they were on clearance for $29.99. She brought out a clipboard with a lot of bold text and different deals highlighted(I tried to peak at what was on the list, but I couldn't see anything else :lol:). She had to override the price for me, but I got 2 bundles for only $29.99 a piece. I don't have a scanner to show you my receipt, but I got these at the Brooklyn Center, MN store. Deal is in store only, online price is still $89.99. Oh, and if anyone is going to that area there were still around 10 or so left before they closed tonight.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like BS!

"but I told the cashier lady they were on clearance for $29.99."

How did you know they were on clearence in the 1st place?

If you knew about GHII why dont you know what else is on clearence?

I've seen BB's with signs in the gaming area with lists of stuff on clearance, he probably saw that. But yeah, if it was on a list with a clipboard and needed a manual override I'd say it's EXTREMELY YMMV.

[quote name='ICEPICC']This sounds like BS!

"but I told the cashier lady they were on clearance for $29.99."

How did you know they were on clearence in the 1st place?

If you knew about GHII why dont you know what else is on clearence?[/QUOTE]

I would assume that the tag read $29.99

Non- Believer based. I tried this in the past.... and I was told to F*** off. People at Best Buy are seriously cheap bastards even if it's on sale and you dont know it theyll charge you for it and if you tell them that they have to over ride it. They give you the round around and end up getting a manager that will prety much tell you the same thing.

You either got LUCKY or you got a stupid employee not properly trained. Either way I don't believe it. I'm going to BB right now :)

Typical YMMV guys.

If you can pick it up for any where near that, pull the trigger. Good port, good guitar that works with all music games on 360.

I used to work at bby and this happens when the managers print out lists of "at-risk" merchandise. Its basically clearance items that if not sold by a certain date, will count against the store's shrink. It's up to management to take a hit on the margin, or wait and try to sell the item at regular price before the out-of-stock date. So if your local store has an anal inventory manager (mine did), you'll see these clearance deals every so often.

This is a regional deal. It needs to be moved to the MN deals thread. I just went to this store and bought 2 for me and 1 for a gift. The manager said it is only this store, so don't waste your time running around. BTW they had about 12 left and the price is not marked and they ring up at $79.99. You have to tell them and if they don't know find a manager or the guy by the door. Security knows now and was like wow what a deal. Thanks OP!!

YES they are $29.99!!!!!

Hey Everyone, thanks for posting. I just drove out to the Brooklyn Center BB and they still had 10 brand new, unopened, GH2 packages with guitar and game in stock. The cashier knew about the price adjustment and it rang up at $29.99 plus tax. Great price. Also, the trade-in value for GH2 game only is $12 at gamestop. Good luck.

EDIT:

I just ordered the GH2 from the website and chose in store pickup @ the BC location. I'll let everyone know if they price adjust it or not.:pray:

[quote name='manthing']EDIT:

I just ordered the GH2 from the website and chose in store pickup @ the BC location. I'll let everyone know if they price adjust it or not.:pray:[/quote]
Shouldn't have to. When you order from the website someone is supposed to pull the order. If they pull it you have less chance of them not having it when you get there. I shoulda just bought them all to make sure all that wanted them got them.

[quote name='rmb']Shouldn't have to. When you order from the website someone is supposed to pull the order. If they pull it you have less chance of them not having it when you get there. I shoulda just bought them all to make sure all that wanted them got them.[/quote]

I know I don't have to worry about them having a bundle there for me when I get there tonight.

What I am worried about is if they will adjust the price from the $95 I paid on the website to $32 it would be if I bought it in store.

I really don't think that will be a problem though :pray:

As of 6 PM there was still one bundle left. There were also a few unbundled Xplorers for $25.

Also, for anyone who cares (ie nobody), I was able to return/rebuy the bundle I bought online for instore pickup @ the BC BB

Ok, this deal isn't bogus and I have a feeling it may happen at more Best Buys.
Went to my local Best Buy (east Madison, Wis) and told the salesperson that they were clearancing their GHII's at another BB for $29.99 (they are selling them for $59.99) and he said that they have so many of them that it may come to that.
There were over a hundred 360 GHII bundles stacked in different parts of the store - yes, over a hundred. So now I just have to wait and see. If and when it drops it's going to be a word-of-mouth sort of thing I imagine.

bread's done
Back