XBL 1 Month $2.48 @ Toys R Us

Maaaaan!

I was all excited when i read the title too...

Guess I gotta put in work and make the drive

Wow, those are damn cheap prices on all of the Live subscriptions and kits. The Live Vision kit is probably the best deal: 12 month subscription and the Live Vision camera and headset (along with a handful of Arcade games and a few bucks worth of MS Points) for $40, which is $10 cheaper than the standard 12 month card would be alone.

Really wish there was a Toys-R-Us close to me that I could check for this deal...

How is this not a deal? Maybe I don't understand the board's definition but it looks like we could save a nice chunk of change with the price cut.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Stop posting non-deals![/quote]

$2.48 x 12 (for a normal XBL Year subscription) = $29.76

Most likely around $33 / $34 with shipping and tax.

How would this not make it a deal?

not to mention some people might not want to commit to the year sub and just wants to try/play for a month or two.
At this price its definitely a deal, rep to the OP.

I already have a year sub tho so im good.

Bah, I hesitated on the Vision pack yesterday and missed it, and these just bypassed me completely.

For those that asked, TRU and TRU.com prices don't always match. I know that at least these items were still marked regularly in store yesterday, so don't assume that you'll be able to run out and get them.

On that note, did anyone else notice this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2807842

It's possible that TRU.com is simply getting rid of old stock, since that seems to be the same thing they just slashed the price on, but at the regular price. I don't know why they'd be doing it, but why else have two seperate listings for the exact same thing?

[quote name='Ha429rout']yea toyrus has been having great deals through the holidays i like emmm![/QUOTE]

so basically, you just posted that so we could see your sig, amirite?

huh no.. this thread is about toyrsus giving good deals so i said that..?

dude its a sig everyone sees everyones sig im sorry i made one about my referral thread excuse me.

I think most retailers are going to the new format of pre-paid cards. They must be activated at the register first. This could be why TRU is getting rid of there stock of old cards.

[quote name='ajh2298']Do Toys-R-us B&M prices always match what the .com price says?[/quote]

Nope. Both operate independantly of the other. Prices won't match and B&M won't pricematch online.

I wouldn't bother wasting time or effort with B&M on this one.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']$2.48 x 12 (for a normal XBL Year subscription) = $29.76

Most likely around $33 / $34 with shipping and tax.

How would this not make it a deal?[/quote]

No, MSRP is $7 or $8 for a 1 month card, so $2.50 *is* a deal. Just like it's cheaper to buy a 12+1 card than 8 one month cards at MSRP. Just because the deal on a year to get it for $25, is like comparing the price of apples and oranges, because they're still seperate products.

i got 20 months of it for ~50 shipped to my house (not from tru) ... price match it to other stores people. good luck.

thanks again threadstarter. I am so happy my csr overlooked the "temp not avail online"

[quote name='DualDisorder']Just came back from the TRU in Rockford, IL. They had no 1 month cards and the 3 month scanned as normal.[/quote]

Just saved me the trouble of going out to check. :p

Man, this would have been nice. I'd rather have a stock of 1-month cards anyway. It isn't unlikely for me to go a month without wanting to play any games online.

bread's done
Back