Xbl 1 month for only $1-Today Only (Silver Members)

interesting... can you get more than 1 month? where do you go to get the deal, in the deals of the week section? can you use MSP to pay?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, and is it for new accounts or can it extend current users? I'll do this definitely.[/QUOTE
Don't know. It's for silver members though.

[quote name='Vincent_Core']I saw it next to the deal of the week special on XBL and no you need either a credit card or a debit card.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it too... on both mine and my friend's account.

We didn't sign up for it yet... wasn't sure if there was a catch. We were both Gold before, since relapsed into Silver, and the option is there to get a month of XBL for only $1, right on the main "blade" with Xbox 101, the deal of the week, all that other BS.

Oooh, I just bought a 12 month card that I haven't redeemed yet. Will jump on this when I get home. That way I won't feel as bad paying $37 for the 12 month card when they were being sold for $30 a few months ago.

I just checked and didn't see it but I already have gold and just added a 12+1 card 2 weeks ago, paid $30 for it haha above poster.

Checked my Canadian silver account and didn't see the $1 offer either. Maybe it's a US silver only deal trying to get you hooked on XBL. You can always click to turn off automatic renewals on xbox.com

Maybe it's some sort of goodwill gift for the downtime XBL had yesterday?

Though on that note, are they giving us a day's reimbursement for the downtime or did they just halt our subscriptions til XBL was back up again?

1 Month for $1$1.00
Exclusive Limited Time Offer: Buy a 1-month Gold membership today for only $1.00. As a valued Xbox LIVE® Silver member we invite you to join the world of Xbox LIVE Gold, where you will enjoy early access to demos, trailers downloads, discounts on your favorite marketplace content, plus the thrill of playing your favorite games online with your friends! For only $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month, your 1-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership helps you get the most out of your Xbox experience. Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price monthly membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends. Pricing details can be viewed in the Account Management area of your gamer profile. For information about changing or canceling your membership and your membership refund policy, go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

[quote name='voidedx']Won't they try to set up re-occuring billing? $8 per month? Better read the fine print.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Here are the offer details:

1 Month for $1 $1.00
Exclusive Limited Time Offer: Buy a 1-month Gold membership today for only $1.00. As a valued Xbox LIVE® Silver member we invite you to join the world of Xbox LIVE Gold, where you will enjoy early access to demos, trailers downloads, discounts on your favorite marketplace content, plus the thrill of playing your favorite games online with your friends! For only $1.00 plus applicable taxes for the first month, your 1-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership helps you get the most out of your Xbox experience. Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price monthly membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends. Pricing details can be viewed in the Account Management area of your gamer profile. For information about changing or canceling your membership and your membership refund policy, go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

It says that I can change the renewal so we'll see.

EDIT: Beaten

[quote name='Aysion']Maybe it's some sort of goodwill gift for the downtime XBL had yesterday?

Though on that note, are they giving us a day's reimbursement for the downtime or did they just halt our subscriptions til XBL was back up again?[/QUOTE]

Happens every time...:roll:

my account went silver so I was able to get in on the deal. you can only buy 1 month at $1. you need a silver account to do this. and a CC

PROBLEM! it puts you in for automatic billing so now i have to call MS and turn off automatic billing.

can you turn off automatic billing online? I hate calling MS and having to deal with that stupid robot

This is awesome..I was going to renew soon so this will allow me to hold off on buying a sub for another month

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flameo2000']can you turn off automatic billing online? I hate calling MS and having to deal with that stupid robot[/QUOTE]

At the moment, you can't. I'll wait a day or two if it's possible to remove automatic renewal. Otherwise, we have no choice but to call CS. Oh well, it's a buck!

You have to be running Live Silver and its the first thing that showed up. I was about to use my 12+1 month card also lol. Thanks OP, 1 dollar for 1 month is fantastic.

I just got my debit card today, and a friend was pushing me to join XBL. I saw this deal and jumped on it for that price, since I don't know how much I'll use it so I was hesitant about the 3 month or year sub.

They must love me. :D

[quote name='disillusion386']At the moment, you can't. I'll wait a day or two if it's possible to remove automatic renewal. Otherwise, we have no choice but to call CS. Oh well, it's a buck![/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully this isn't a one day only thing...I'll wait.

[quote name='flameo2000']Yeah, hopefully this isn't a one day only thing...I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

Well I meant that I'll wait a day or two to try if I can remove automatic renewal online. I've already done the deal. THe OP states that the deal is today only.

[quote name='disillusion386']Well I meant that I'll wait a day or two to try if I can remove automatic renewal online. I've already done the deal. THe OP states that the deal is today only.[/QUOTE]

Oh whoops, I better learn to read :bomb:...going ahead with it then, thanks.

[quote name='mcdaking84']I will paypal anyone $2 for each code[/QUOTE]

Huh? There are no codes. You log in to your account, pay a dollar, and it upgrades you to Gold.

[quote name='$hady']I just checked and didn't see it but I already have gold and just added a 12+1 card 2 weeks ago, paid $30 for it haha above poster.

Checked my Canadian silver account and didn't see the $1 offer either. Maybe it's a US silver only deal trying to get you hooked on XBL. You can always click to turn off automatic renewals on xbox.com[/QUOTE]

I couldn't turn off the automatic renewals on xbox.com. Does anyone know how to turn off the automatic renewals online? I don't like to call XBL CS.
Thanks in advance.

well then there's no way to turn it off online. Call the 1800 number. You're getting something for mad cheap you gotta do some work. Stop being lazy.

[quote name='simp1ysimon']i thought they give out a month free to any new silver member anyways[/QUOTE]

I think these are for people who have had gold memberships before and then didn't want to renew. New silver members wouldn't be able to take advantage of it because they would automatically be signed up for the free trial of gold.

to turn off the auto renewal, you have to call support and either have the operator remove your credit card from your account or cancel the xbox live gold subscription (keeping the month you paid for).

the only online option that i can think of, that may or may not work, is to replace the credit card attached to your account with an expired date/fake number. this is through the microsoft account website, not the xbox live account website.

for those who want to sign up but not have auto renew. Some banks can issue you a virtual CC number for a CC to use online. Bank of America can set it up so its only good for 1 month and has a specific credit limit which you can set to whatever. Set it at 2 bucks and when they try and auto renew they cant

I just called XBL CS. and it only took 5 minutes to deal with the issue. IMO, just call the customer service and deal with it sooner than later. I think a lot of people will be calling to turn off the automatic renewal because of the promo.

Also just called XBL CS and removing automatic renewal took less than 5 minutes. Seriously, 1 buck for a month is sweet! A toll free call doesn't even matter.

for those thinking of using the debit numbers and such. It's possible than ms will suspend your account until you update your billing info.

bread's done
Back