XBL 1600 Points Card Clearance at Walmart YMMV

Iron Angel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Today at walmart the clearance aisle had quite a few 1600 points cards for $15 dollars. While not great of a deal its still better than paying $20. Anyways, might want to check it out. My guess is because it had GH2 on it and was a "special edition". This is most likely YMMV.

im new here & sorry 4 askin a noob question but i was wandering what YMMV meant if any1 can explain it 2 me be great

Mr. J

i just passed by Walmart this afternoon, and its 22. maybe tomorrow. It's not as good as MTV's but 15 is not that bad.

Walmart's deals are always YMMV, a_secret_boss. So if someone finds clearance prices at one store, you're likely not gonna find that price at a different one.

I'm starting to think all YMMV Wal-Mart "clearances" should go in the bragging rights forum...or at least the deals by state/reagion

[quote name='Foo228']I'm starting to think all YMMV Wal-Mart "clearances" should go in the bragging rights forum...or at least the deals by state/reagion[/QUOTE]

You aren't alone. We could even have a sub-forum off bragging rights for known YMMV deals like Wally World.

Its to easy to actual steal these cards at Wal-Mart. Might leaves them on the shelves in no wrapping at all. 5000 Point Cards for the taking. Tempted.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Its to easy to actual steal these cards at Wal-Mart. Might leaves them on the shelves in no wrapping at all. 5000 Point Cards for the taking. Tempted.[/quote]

Aren't they supposed to be activated at the register?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Its to easy to actual steal these cards at Wal-Mart. Might leaves them on the shelves in no wrapping at all. 5000 Point Cards for the taking. Tempted.[/QUOTE]

What happened to you?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Its to easy to actual steal these cards at Wal-Mart. Might leaves them on the shelves in no wrapping at all. 5000 Point Cards for the taking. Tempted.[/QUOTE]
.... uh.... it's really not that hard at all to resist stealing.... or killing people, or stuff like that.

Seriously, if the only reason you don't commit crimes or act like a dipshit is because it's not "easy" to get away with... you have a problem.

Just sayin'.

you're a fucking idiot.

sorry, it had to be said.

I sorta wish nobody mentioned the whole activation process at checkout...he woulda possibly been caught scratching off the back of a card or just snagging it and finding out afterwards that it was useless

XBOX Live cards do not have to be activated at the register. They are protected via a scratch off code and that is it. They aren't like a gift card where the card itself is scanned and activated. Same as I-Tunes cards. The card is in the package and that's it. They do not swipe it to activate it. So in this rare case, the thief is smarter than the honest person.

XBox Live Cards INSIDE protective plastics do not have to activated... But the ones that walmarts sell and the one that they are talking about in this topic are different they are the ones "Powered by Fastcard" which do need to be activated (no protective covering and they are just hanging off a hook like phone cards).

They were still $19.99 at Wal*Mart when I was there yesterday. Every single loose card on the shelves was scratched off and I actually felt bad for the store for once thinking somebody had stolen every code.

It's lame that Microsoft doesn't give a bulk discount when you buy more points. The cost per point is exactly the same regardless of whether you buy 600 or 4900 points.

Wow, remind me never to trade with you...

Haha, if you were really going to steal points cards then just scratch the numbers off and write them down. Keep putting them into your xbox every day or so and see if yo uget lucky enough to get their cards points before they can enter it. But then again thats assuming they are stupid enough to not notice you already scratched it off.

No luck at my Wally World either; they were twenty bucks. But I did pick up Prey for $19.99 so it wasn't a wasted trip :)

And yeah, somehow I found the inner strength to not steal a rack full of unactivated cards ;)

For those of you who think they dont have to be activated your extremely wrong. The clerk that checked me out said, "Hold on a second, I have to activate it so it works."

Ya, seriously... what the hell Gizmo?

[quote name='Iron Angel']For those of you who think they dont have to be activated your extremely wrong. The clerk that checked me out said, "Hold on a second, I have to activate it so it works."[/quote]

The clerk is extremely wrong. There's nothing to activate. It's a scratch off code. It's the exact type of "security" that a lottery ticket is.. next you're going to have to tell me that the cashier at the gas station has to "activate" the lottery card so the numbers underneath will appear once scratched off.

[quote name='Scorch']The clerk is extremely wrong. There's nothing to activate. It's a scratch off code. It's the exact type of "security" that a lottery ticket is.. next you're going to have to tell me that the cashier at the gas station has to "activate" the lottery card so the numbers underneath will appear once scratched off.[/QUOTE]

You have to activate gift cards, you have to activate this. There aren't even any points to argue about. NOT VALID UNTIL ACTIVATED AT REGISTER. I'm not sure why this is so hard to process.

just to tell you guys you do have to get them activated
I do it everytime some one buys one hell the register it self even tells me to swipe it after scanning it

There are two kinds out there...those that need to be activated and those that do not. I do not know why people insist on thinking it has to be one way or another.

[quote name='Scorch']The clerk is extremely wrong. There's nothing to activate. It's a scratch off code. It's the exact type of "security" that a lottery ticket is.. next you're going to have to tell me that the cashier at the gas station has to "activate" the lottery card so the numbers underneath will appear once scratched off.[/quote]

Well, to be fair, gift cards have to be activated. And most gift cards these days have that scratch off stuff, because people were writing down numbers and plugging them in online after people purchased them. Happened a lot around Christmas.

I don't know either way about the 360 cards though. Not that it matters. Nobody should be stealing them anyway.

[quote name='DanteMayCry']There are two kinds out there...those that need to be activated and those that do not. I do not know why people insist on thinking it has to be one way or another.[/QUOTE]

Because we're talking about Walmart, who only carries the activation cards. That's why.

How are these cards "activated"? The UPC is the same on every card, so how does the register know which specific card is being activated?

Gift cards are a different story, since each one has a different, specific identifying number, as opposed to a generic UPC.

I think that's why people are getting confused. It's moot, anyway, since stealing is stealing and it's wrong, regardless of required activation or not.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']How are these cards "activated"? The UPC is the same on every card, so how does the register know which specific card is being activated?

Gift cards are a different story, since each one has a different, specific identifying number, as opposed to a generic UPC.

I think that's why people are getting confused. It's moot, anyway, since stealing is stealing and it's wrong, regardless of required activation or not.[/QUOTE]

Same way gift cards work. Cashier runs the card through the swipe slot, the card gets activated.

Holy shit you people are a bunch of morons. I never stole any cards.

This is what I posted
Its to easy to actual steal these cards at Wal-Mart. Might leaves them on the shelves in no wrapping at all. 5000 Point Cards for the taking. Tempted.

Notice how I said 'Temped'. Never did. Just as if anyone here would be tempted if they saw an Xbox 360 outside with no one around.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Same way gift cards work. Cashier runs the card through the swipe slot, the card gets activated.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh....so these ones have a magnetic strip?

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Ahhh....so these ones have a magnetic strip?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They hang up like gift cards (or phone cards) along with similar ones for 3 and 12-month activations for Live. Top part tears off the same, but there's no reason to keep the card once you've entered the code.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Holy shit you people are a bunch of morons. I never stole any cards.

This is what I posted

Notice how I said 'Temped'. Never did. Just as if anyone here would be tempted if they saw an Xbox 360 outside with no one around.[/QUOTE]

We thought you were an idiot for thinking you'd get home with more than some plastic.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Yes. They hang up like gift cards (or phone cards) along with similar ones for 3 and 12-month activations for Live. Top part tears off the same, but there's no reason to keep the card once you've entered the code.[/QUOTE]

[Johnny Carson]I did not know that....[/Johnny Carson]

Thanks!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']We thought you were an idiot for thinking you'd get home with more than some plastic.[/QUOTE]

Huh? What are you eve trying to say?
Some plastic?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Huh? What are you eve trying to say?
Some plastic?[/QUOTE]

The cards are made out of plastic, and without activation you would only have the plastic (card).

[quote name='GizmoGC']Huh? What are you eve trying to say?
Some plastic?[/QUOTE]

Did you bother to read what I posted at all? Unactivated cards=worthless plastic.

Good lord.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Did you bother to read what I posted at all? Unactivated cards=worthless plastic.

Good lord.[/QUOTE]

That's wonderful.

Did you read what I wrote before you went off that I was stealing some cards? :roll:
Please point me to where you wrote 'worthless plastics'.

bread's done
Back