XBL Deal of the Week (11/23-11/29) - Peggle, Death Tank, and Fable II DLC

RBH

CAGiversary!
Deal of the Week continuously delivers more fun to Xbox LIVE Gold Members for less, so take advantage of these stellar deals the week of November 23:

Fable II: See the Future (Microsoft Game Studios) will be available for 400 Microsoft Points, Peggle (PopCap Games, Inc.) will be available for 400 Microsoft Points, and Death Tank (Snowblind Studios, Inc) will be available for 800 Microsoft Points worldwide.

And the week of November 30, download Sonic The Hedgehog™ 2 (SEGA) available for 240 Microsoft Points worldwide (except India.)

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/21537/Microsoft-Give-Thanksfor-Xbox-360/

Peggle for 400 points sounds good.

Sorry if already posted.

I got a code for Knothole Island from a dev I know at Lionhead, but will definitely be buying See the Future! Great deal.

[quote name='hufferstl']Finally a deal-of-the-week worth it. Keep it coming! I'm hoping for a shadow complex sale before the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Exactly even though I think Shadow Complex is worth it's price I'm a cheap ass obviously. ;)

[quote name='RBH']Every single game on XBLA has a demo.[/QUOTE]
I thought so. I also thought I remembered trying to try Peggle demo out too in the past and there was no demo. Memory must have failed me.

YES!

Also, I introduced it to my best friend's wife and he thanks me because while she's playing it he can play his video games. xD

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Always wanted death tank, and thought it was to overpriced. but at 800 points, i will bite. thanks. OP.[/QUOTE]

It was, it really has no single player... a bud of mine and I bought it tho.
Welcome more players, it is worth 800 IMO, should be the regular price...

[quote name='voidedx']I recommend trying to find or wait for Pop Cap Vol 2 (disc) on sale. It has Peggle, Feeding Frenzy 2, and Heavy Weapon (and resell value). If you hate the other games and only want Peggle, then just get the 400 point deal.

$20 (not a sale)
http://www.amazon.com/PopCap-Arcade..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1258675294&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

The XBLA compilation discs don't install and play from the HDD properly though, it still spins the disc (noise, heat right above the GPU).

Ahh, finally. Peggle for 400 sounds great, even though I have it on PC and Nintendo DS. Love these deals of the week.

Sonic 2 the week after!? Fantastic!

[quote name='mis0']Is Peggle really that good. I've never heard of it until just this week. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I hope so, it looks like it would be pretty lame to be honest. Is the 360 version better than the PC version?

[quote name='J7.']I hope so, it looks like it would be pretty lame to be honest. Is the 360 version better than the PC version?[/QUOTE]

I jumped on the Peggle train late and got it for the first time this year when it came out for the iphone and played it a ton. I'd say at 5 on the xbox you can't go wrong.

[quote name='Virsago']They're probably having a sale on peggle since it comes out on psn today for $10.[/QUOTE]

Was just thinking the same thing.

The deals seems to go live around noon ET. I've almost missed a couple of deals from the prior week but the old pricing was still live around 11AM ET.

Check back in a few hours and I think they'll be up.

When you buy something online, can it just sit in your queue indefinitely? My 360 died over the weekend and don't plan to replace for awhile but want to get the Fable II DLC.

Thanks!

[quote name='180husher']Peggle says 400 points but when I go to the confirmation screen the price is 800 points...I'll wait till they fix that.[/QUOTE]

shit, that makes me wonder if it was like that for me. Did you do it on the pc or on the 360?

Just the 360. I guess I could try the website.

Edit: The website is labeled and priced correctly at 400 points.

Anybody know if the Nights? add-on pack is worth the extra 400?

[quote name='jacknicklson']When you buy something online, can it just sit in your queue indefinitely? My 360 died over the weekend and don't plan to replace for awhile but want to get the Fable II DLC.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yeah it'll be there when it returns. After you purchase something you can redownload it at anytime also from a list of items you've purchased. No worries with buying now and playing later.

Just grabbed See the Future myself for 400. Hopefully since it's been forever since I've played I'll be a millionaire when I turn the game on.

Do I really need another version of Peggle? I ditto the question about the multiplayer modes in the 360 version. Is there anything different from the Mac version or is it just the normal "Dual" game as in the PC/Mac version, albeit online? Might be worth it if I can find some friends to play with - I'm not sure it would be much fun with a stranger.

I love the deals of the week. There is so much old crap on the marketplace, I don't know why they don't have more sales like this on some of that old content. I'm in for Peggle and possibly the Fable DLC(I haven't started Fable2 yet and I'm not sure I will need any additional content). Does See the Future really add a lot to the experience?

Hmm..have Peggle on PC and mobile. Worth it for 360?

So who here has actually purchased the full version of Death Tank. Is it worth it?

Peggle's multiplayer mode is 4 player. Everybody tries to get the best score. It's pretty fun, though not elaborate.

Not that saving $2 is that big of a deal, but I'm grabbing the Fable 2 DLC for sure. I need new stuff to do in that game since I've already beaten it a few times since it came out. Definitely one of my favorites. I would have grabbed DLC for it earlier, but I heard these expansions aren't that great. Worth $5, I'm sure though.

MS really screwed the pooch with the Death Tank pricing. The game was still born as a result. I don't even think I can pick it up at 800 because I'm not sure if anyone even plays it online. Multiplayer is where it's at.

They really should have dropped the price to 400 to try and infuse the online with extra players.

I didn't know that MS was still doing deals of the week - maybe they should put more things that people want as deals of the week to lure them in.

Peggle for 400 points is a must buy.

Can anyone clear this up for me?
When I went to download the Fable DLC there were two versions. One was free while the other was 400 points. They both were the same size and were named exactly the same, no demo indication. Can anyone clear this up for me?

[quote name='chris mrozek']Can anyone clear this up for me?
When I went to download the Fable DLC there were two versions. One was free while the other was 400 points. They both were the same size and were named exactly the same, no demo indication. Can anyone clear this up for me?[/QUOTE]

click more details

If you want to play co-op with a player who has already downloaded Fable II See the Future content, you will need to download the Fable II See the Future (Free) pack.

I'd love to jump on this - I specifically used a 48-hour Gold code to try to....

then found out that they're only a quasi-Gold membership - doesn't qualify for Gold-only deals. :(

Almost forgot about the Fable II DLC. I just picked up a points card at Blockbuster (store credit) and purchased See the Future. I passed on Peggle since I already own it on the DS.

bread's done
Back