XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
So hows Rayman Legends? Is it fun? I kinda find annoying to stick my head out of Los Santos to get a flight to Bosnia, or Andorra, closer to where I live.

So hows Rayman Legends? Is it fun? I kinda find annoying to stick my head out of Los Santos to get a flight to Bosnia, or Andorra, closer to where I live.
It's not a good idea to talk about doing whatever it is you're doing. Just do it. With that said, the first game was amazing. Lush, vibrant worlds, tight controls, solid, fast-paced platforming, and some of the best co-op I've ever played with my girlfriend. I'd expect Legends to be even better since it supposedly builds on the first one. I'm half-tempted to buy it at retail.

What games do you think will be part of the Games with Gold program?

Based on what has been given so far and what has been announced (Halo 3) they could be: Battlefield BC1/2/ or 1943, Forza 2/3, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Gears of War 1 or 2, a pre-MW COD title, or a Twisted Pixel game.
Yea nobody knows. I would imagine Microsoft has an inflated sense of value in giving us a Halo game. So that month I would expect an old arcade game as the other offering. How old is anybody's guess. The old Forza or GoW games is as good a guess as any I think. I would hope they'd avoid launch titles but who knows. If it's a launch title I want the snowboarding one, at least I'd play that once in awhile.

Forza 2 and Halo 3 is my guess for November.

October some haloween theme games? Maybe Left 4 Dead 1 and Scarygirl XBLA
Hmmm you're right. Maybe Costume Quest. Even though I have it, that would be a cool choice. They would never give Left 4 Dead away I don't think.

To me, it seems they are going for titles that are somewhat related to new releases or XBOne titles. The timeline doesn't always match up right, but I still sense the connection.
AC2-Black Flag

DR2/Case West-DR3

Halo 3-Halo xbo title

Vegas-Splinter Cell

Fable 3-Fable remastered

Crackdown-there was the mysterious orb symbol on the xbo dash during the reveal

Still don't know how Magic and Defense Grid made it in though.

Either way, my guesses based on all that is Forza 2/3, and old COD title(probably COD Classic), Halo 3 obviously, and a Battlefield title

Dice and 3arc/IW won't discount or give M$ their game for games for gold.

I would see Bethesda giving out a game far before Dice/3ac/IW. Although a bad company would be my first within that series that would go free.

Burnout Paradise would be a better option. Then put the DLC on sale and maybe generate some money too.
That's why I thought Bethesda might give out a game. There's enough good DLC in almost all their games to recoup some, if not all, of the cost of the free game. Let alone if they give away FO3 then it might hook some for Vegas or if they give out Oblivion then they might get them on the hook for Skyrim.

I don't know why there is an issue with the mods with talking about free games from other regions. I have on several occasions confirmed with Microsoft that there is no issue with their terms with having accounts in other regions. I moved from Canada to Australia at a time when you couldn't migrate accounts to Australia and even after moving here, because I brought my NTSC-U, I was instructed that the best thing was for me to use a Canadian account and not migrate.

Yes, using a VPN, that might be considered breaking their terms, but there is absolutely no issue with using an account from any region no matter what country you might live in. And it's Microsoft's fault for giving games away. This happens in retail stores from time to time - I've been at stores where things ring up at the wrong price or even sometime ring up for free. It's the job of whoever is managing the store to either pull the product or fix the scanning issue, otherwise there is no problem with people taking advantage of it. In fact most countries have policies where you get the item free if it rings up incorrectly. I know that's the case in Australia and Canada. Why any mod would feel differently about this being the case in a digital marketplace is beyond me.

Would a mod shut down a thread if Best Buy had accidentally set up their scanners so that PS3s were ringing up at $10 and they let it go on for 24-36 hrs? That's on Best Buy to fix and it's completely ethical for people to take advantage of that. As such these mistakes on Microsoft's part is Microsoft's fault and their problem, not the consumer. It is completely ethical for us to take advantage of it and this whole need for things to be on the downlow due to mods shutting down threads is ridiculous. I understand being hush about it so that people can take advantage of it before Microsoft clues in but that's all.

You see that in so much here now, though... NO flipping talk at all. NO free game talk... It's barely a deal site anymore. More like a vehicle for ads that make Cheapy money. I've probably only actually USED a couple of threads here at all in the past 6 months. Everything else that would have been useful is gone.

To me, it seems they are going for titles that are somewhat related to new releases or XBOne titles. The timeline doesn't always match up right, but I still sense the connection.
AC2-Black Flag

DR2/Case West-DR3

Halo 3-Halo xbo title

Vegas-Splinter Cell

Fable 3-Fable remastered

Crackdown-there was the mysterious orb symbol on the xbo dash during the reveal

Still don't know how Magic and Defense Grid made it in though.

Either way, my guesses based on all that is Forza 2/3, and old COD title(probably COD Classic), Halo 3 obviously, and a Battlefield title
Everyone keeps mentioning FM 2/3 but those are not available as Games on Demand now so they would need to add them first. Considering they haven't done that for any FM game to date, I don't see them doing to just give it away free.

There is a Defense Grid 2 in the works and could possibly be xbox one console exclusive... Magic was free to help promote the latest in the series?

I agree we will probably get an old COD title though. COD 5 was the worse IMO so that will likely be the one.

Everyone keeps mentioning FM 2/3 but those are not available as Games on Demand now so they would need to add them first. Considering they haven't done that for any FM game to date, I don't see them doing to just give it away free.

There is a Defense Grid 2 in the works and could possibly be xbox one console exclusive... Magic was free to help promote the latest in the series?

I agree we will probably get an old COD title though. COD 5 was the worse IMO so that will likely be the one.
That's a great point with Forza, I hadn't considered that.
I said COD Classic because it would be a cheaper option to give away, and they seem to be throwing in a few arcade games, so it would fit the mold of random arcade game plus a COD title to hype Ghosts

World at War was not the worst in the series. Perhaps one of the older titles or MW3, but WAW was a great COD title and I would love to get it from the promotion. Im expecting Halo 3 to drop around the same time as Halo 4's "goty" edition comes out (which is next month).

That's why I thought Bethesda might give out a game. There's enough good DLC in almost all their games to recoup some, if not all, of the cost of the free game. Let alone if they give away FO3 then it might hook some for Vegas or if they give out Oblivion then they might get them on the hook for Skyrim.
Fallout 3 would be a great game to get. But saying that, probably won't happen. Hell, why not GTA San Andreas. Not like GTA V needs the promotion but you probably wouldn't hear many people complaining about quality even though it's an Xbox game.

Please no Rockstar, I already have GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, and Bully on Demand.

I'd also like to see Burnout Paradise. I put in over 80 hours on my old account and played with CheapyD a lot then... I remember getting a bunch of LIVE Vision images from him everytime I'd crash into him. One was him holding up his PS3 controller. Getting the game for free and discounting the DLC would be the best way for myself to get back into the game, as I've never even explored the other island yet.

I for one can't wait for October's Halloween sale....I missed out on RE4 last year and hope they'll put it up again..maybe both Darksiders games on sale would be nice as well...I know its irrelevant right now, but I just can't bring myself to care about Rainbow 6 or Battlefield, so....gotta look to the future!

I expect Kinect titles. The best thing I can find plausible would be Alan Wake.
I thought of AW also. Great game and has been discounted heavily lately ($5 GonD, Humble Bundle, Canada game/console bundle pack etc). Would be an awesome giveaway if you hadn't played it yet. I've bought it 3 times now. Regular edition and traded it in. Collectors edition which I reluctantly sold for $70 (bought for $20 at WM). Then got again on the GonD sale. Still was good on the 3rd playthrough.

AW2 is still being thrown around as "coming" but with as much setbacks as its had, I don't know if it ever will. At least we got American Nightmare, which gave me some hope for AW2

Saw this video some days ago..quite hilarious...

On another note I downloaded and used 5 brand new (never before downloaded) apps for at least 5 ours but the last punch on the rewardspage won't pop up hum

That was hilarious. I think the last time I bought DLC was almost two years ago.

Edit: I remembered I bought some minecraft skins for my sister, and the Halo 4 season pass. I only downloaded one of the map packs, then sold the game :/

Here is a little ditty on DLC...sigh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rTYpKlIc_fg
hahah perfect.

I've stayed away from 99.99% of DLC this gen. Some DLC is not bad, and I've traded a few "standard editions" and gotten "Ultimate" editions for not much extra. That seems to be the way to go for me. Buying DLC piecemeal seems like a total scam though. If you add it up for some games, it's a travesty what has happened to the industry as far as value. It's like their is no effort even put into games anymore, just scheming how to extract more money for as little creative work as possible.The $$$ must all be going to the executives instead of to creative talent.

Thank god for Rockstar.

That was hilarious. I think the last time I bought DLC was almost two years ago.

Edit: I remembered I bought some minecraft skins for my sister, and the Halo 4 season pass. I only downloaded one of the map packs, then sold the game :/
The Halo 4 season pass was the biggest waste of money. No way am I paying for map packs for games any more. You rarely if ever get to play them. Map packs should be free or they should not exist.

Well the fine print seems to say otherwise:
Yea I know they mentioned it. However, I don't think they have thought that far ahead and that was legal just in case. Still, it just begs for them to hear negativity for a simple promotion that was supposed to be positive. I mean Defense Grid trended on twitter and everybody was angry. This thing kind of backfires if everyone is angry about it rather than like "Thanks for the free games this is cool."

So even if they somehow did plan ahead for a kinect game maybe they would rethink it.

Yea I know they mentioned it. However, I don't think they have thought that far ahead and that was legal just in case. Still, it just begs for them to hear negativity for a simple promotion that was supposed to be positive. I mean Defense Grid trended on twitter and everybody was angry. This thing kind of backfires if everyone is angry about it rather than like "Thanks for the free games this is cool."

So even if they somehow did plan ahead for a kinect game maybe they would rethink it.
Hopefully, as I haven't got a Kinect so it would be wasted on me at least for at this point in time. I wouldn't feel the need to complain or anything, but I do think it would be smart if like was mentioned here before, they picked a kinect game that at least had some controller support (such as Child of Eden). Actually I'd rather like to get that, but it seems a pretty niche game for them to choose if they did, so something like Kinect Sports or an earlier Dance Central would seem more likely (though I seriously hope they are smart enough not to pick one of those, as I can only imagine the backlash).

I really don't have any problem buying map packs as long it keeps the game fresh and the content is new. As for story content I usually wait for the GoTY where the DLC has to be installed to you hard drive from disc. I usually buy the GoTY used get the content from the disc to my hard drive then return the game saying I didn't like the game. IIRC the only time I went out and bought DLC for a single player game day one was for Mass Effect 2-3

I really don't have any problem buying map packs as long it keeps the game fresh and the content is new. As for story content I usually wait for the GoTY where the DLC has to be installed to you hard drive from disc. I usually buy the GoTY used get the content from the disc to my hard drive then return the game saying I didn't like the game. IIRC the only time I went out and bought DLC for a single player game day one was for Mass Effect 2-3
So you steal the DLC. Classy.

So you steal the DLC. Classy.
I only done it twice but the second time I bought the game brand new, played it for a little bit and traded it in for another game 3 years later. Once I found out I had the DLC on my hard drive still I bought the game on demand during a sale and it still sits.

I don't know, and I don't see anything wrong. You can buy a used GOTY edition, install the on-disc DLC, and return it according to Gamestop's return policy.
You can also do that to rent any used game of your choosing for 7 days. I dont think thats their intention with a return policy.

That Aladdin DLC video was hilarious thanks for posting it! Oh and a side note, Far Cry Blood Dragon was soooo much fun. I found it nearly had as much content as FC3 and I actually liked Blood Dragon way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back