XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, saw it when I logged in this morning.

So for those who don't know, wiki's are back. If you've been around for a while, you'll know that since ReddJoey left, this thread's OP had been turned into a wiki and the thread community basically handled all the updates. That was brought to an end when CAG 3.0 launched without wikis, but now they're back.

As of now, I don't have too many problems when it comes to updating the OP. Depending on my schedule, sometimes it doesn't get updated until later in the day on Tuesday, but I think there was only one time so far that I didn't get the update up til Wednesday. I also don't always include tons of additional info in the OP, which some people like and some people dislike.

So my question is, should I re-wikify this thread? Or should I just leave it as is for now? If you feel one way or the other, please post your opinion. I also added a poll to this thread and I'll do whatever the majority vote says, so please vote if you care. Here are a few pros and cons I can come up with about wiki posts:

PROS:

• Possibly more timely updates
  • Probably more info in OP (about other deals, compilation discs, achievements, etc.
  • Stealth deals will probably get posted sooner
CONS:

• Less format consistency
  • Easier to vandalize (though it's also easy to revert any vandalism)
  • Can create a "camel" (many people throwing in their 2 cents. A "camel" is a horse designed by a committee)

You can vote at the top of any page of this thread. Thanks.

This is a post from Chidomaru (xbox360achievements page) that explains it quite well:

Assuming you've already purchased Pac-Man CE: DX, then when you next launch the game (whilst connected to Live) there's a title update (20mb) which will prompt to download.
This is the update that turns DX into DX+ and it adds the new medal challenges (but no new achievements), a couple of new level options, the improved score comparison section, and the overhauled game menu layout. This is all free.
There is also a single free skin for completing all achievements and medals.

Why is the original Borderlands so much despite being nowhere near as good as the second one?
What? Please take your trolling ass elsewhere. What do expect? It's a sequel. Usually in sequels, they improve quite exponentially more than it's predecessor (Especially in the case of top tier AAA games like borderlands). You

There is also a single free skin for completing all achievements and medals.
Nice to hear that. I have all the chievos (too easy), I shall see soon enough what they ask to do in order to get those medals. Free skins are always welcomed!

What? Please take your trolling ass elsewhere. What do expect? It's a sequel. Usually in sequels, they improve quite exponentially more than it's predecessor (Especially in the case of top tier AAA games like borderlands). You
which is why people love BioShock 2 more than the original right?

Point is, there is no reason to buy the first for a little less than the all around better sequel. You can easily skip the first and miss nothing.

Point is, there is no reason to buy the first for a little less than the all around better sequel. You can easily skip the first and miss nothing.
Ok? I don't see anyone saying to buy the first right now, and the price is a publisher decision and has no relation to the quality of the game, so I don't know what you're getting upset about.

I guess I don't understand what your complaint is. Borderlands 1 is 33% cheaper than Borderlands 2, so it is a fair amount cheaper than its sequel. It's not like games bottom out at $0. On Games on Demand, games usually bottom out around $20, then stop dropping. Borderlands is there. Borderlands 2 is normally $30, so it's a tad more expensive, but it's pretty close to bottoming out at $20 as well. Within the next year they'll probably both be $20.

So maybe your complaint is more directed at the Games on Demand pricing more than Borderlands? Still, I don't really understand where you're coming from.

I've always had an issue with most of the Games on Demand pricing but the pricing for that franchise seems strange is all. Borderlands 2 has been on sale in various places for months now (most likely because of the DLC and GOTY version coming) and is an incredible value for that cheap but the original never really changes in price to reflect that. I would think it would be priced dirt cheap to encourage more sales because unless you're a collector or need to play every game from a franchise, the original adds nothing to the experience of the sequel. It was a good game but it's more a question of "why bother?" in regards to this sale.

PROS:

• Stealth deals will probably get posted sooner
So, Ive heard people say this. But what the the hell are they even talking about? I can't remember any "stealth deals" nor will anything be posted faster since people just post it to the thread. The only thing wiki threads do is cause everyone to just throw their personal opinions and attitudes into the OP.

So, Ive heard people say this. But what the the hell are they even talking about? I can't remember any "stealth deals" nor will anything be posted faster since people just post it to the thread. The only thing wiki threads do is cause everyone to just throw their personal opinions and attitudes into the OP.
I agree. I just added it because other people think there are stealth deals that go unnoticed.

Picked up Borderlands 1 tax-free for $9.99. Until it is impossible to buy Microsoft points, I will keep buying them. They keep my balance tax-free. Added a 4000 and a 1600 point code today, which would be $70 USD, but because I have a migrated Canadian account, I got $81.20 CDN. Everything in Canada is the same price as the US anyways, so I just basically benefit from a slightly cheaper price when I do it this way.

Stealth deals have really become a thing of the past since XBLDB showed up.  Hard to be stealth when that site catches them all automatically.  As far as yes or no on the wiki subject.  I say leave it how it is.  When RedJoey was running the thread by the end he had become very slow in updating the OP sometimes which was a good reason to make the OP a wiki.  I think you've done a great and timely job updating the OP since you took over and see no reason to let others come in and mess with it.  From the looks of the poll most don't agree with me though.

Stealth deals have really become a thing of the past since XBLDB showed up. Hard to be stealth when that site catches them all automatically. As far as yes or no on the wiki subject. I say leave it how it is. When RedJoey was running the thread by the end he had become very slow in updating the OP sometimes which was a good reason to make the OP a wiki. I think you've done a great and timely job updating the OP since you took over and see no reason to let others come in and mess with it.
I would say stealth deals are unadvertised (though most are price drops) drops or price errors. In the case of the latter, having the OP as a wiki would be handy, as those tend to show up quick and vanish just as quickly. But we often talk about it in-thread anyways (as most normal people don't check XBLDB daily on their own, like myself).

XBLDB does not make stealth deals a thing of the past, it just makes them easier to notice as opposed to someone randomly going through the marketplace looking through item by item.

I think you're doing a great job personally, Tyler. The only reasons I would advocate for a wiki at this point in time are for those "stealth deals", to go back to adding my achievement info, and (mainly) if you felt like you needed a break from constant OP updating. If the latter ever comes to pass, I'll change my vote from no to yes.

I've always had an issue with most of the Games on Demand pricing but the pricing for that franchise seems strange is all. Borderlands 2 has been on sale in various places for months now (most likely because of the DLC and GOTY version coming) and is an incredible value for that cheap but the original never really changes in price to reflect that. I would think it would be priced dirt cheap to encourage more sales because unless you're a collector or need to play every game from a franchise, the original adds nothing to the experience of the sequel. It was a good game but it's more a question of "why bother?" in regards to this sale.
If you were the creator or publisher of the games wouldn't you want people to play both of them?

Also, generally speaking XBL and PSN on demand pricing is consistent with retail pricing. The difference is the retailer chooses to discount part of their cut or they have a backend deal with a publisher to offer lower pricing that doesn't include digital markets.

And comparing used game prices to on demand is not a fair comparison.

The good news is that we see publishers offering lower pricing on digital content and more sales as well. This will get much better next gen with everything being digital.

I think you're doing a great job personally, Tyler. The only reasons I would advocate for a wiki at this point in time are for those "stealth deals", to go back to adding my achievement info, and (mainly) if you felt like you needed a break from constant OP updating. If the latter ever comes to pass, I'll change my vote from no to yes.
Agreed, you're doing an excellent job Tyler. If that was you adding the achievement info on the old wiki page Bobby, I also appreciated having that info.

I think that Tyler is doing a great job. The reason I liked the wiki was because as more people were involved, there were more discussions about the ways to do it and such (and messing ups), and imo was a good part of the thread (though it wasn't to the ones involved in the OP I guess :p).

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.  I was expecting about a 75/25 split in the poll results, so the current results aren't too surprising. If these voting patterns hold up over the weekend, I'll wikify the OP on Monday.

It sucks that I still can't wikify the 2nd and 3rd posts of this thread as well, those are the ones I'd prefer to wikify since I don't update those as much and it would be cool if others could change it themselves (specifically the XBLA release dates, XBLA and DLC disc lists, and the game impressions page).

Add me to the list of people who think Tyler is doing a great job! I may not use it too often, but whenever I do turn to the OP it's always easy to understand and tells me exactly what I need to know, so if he's cool with continuing to update it than I see no reason to change it. That said as someone who has maintained a thread like this, it can certainly becoming overwhelming and I'm sure he could use a break every now and then, in which case I'd be happy to add my two cents to the OP when I can. 

So basically I leave it up to Tyler to make the final call on when he wants/needs someone else to chip in ^_^

Relevant to those paranoid of the Ban hammer:

Got hit with it today, claims I was reported (which is odd). Sorry to say it will happen eventually. hope you survive, don't ever try this again if you survive. I acquired Rayman, but never launched it. only game I launched was injustice, oh well, i guess bad things happen. it'll be nice, not having to worry about games on XBLA anymore. I hope all goes well for the thread, Great job Tyler! This thread has been useful ever since I lurked CAG. With that i bid farewell, and thanks to everyone for helping me find a great community!

Relevant to those paranoid of the Ban hammer:
Got hit with it today, claims I was reported (which is odd). Sorry to say it will happen eventually. hope you survive, don't ever try this again if you survive. I acquired Rayman, but never launched it. only game I launched was injustice, oh well, i guess bad things happen. it'll be nice, not having to worry about games on XBLA anymore. I hope all goes well for the thread, Great job Tyler! This thread has been useful ever since I lurked CAG. With that i bid farewell, and thanks to everyone for helping me find a great community!
Got my ban yesterday, my question is my buddy is giving me his 4gb console. When i put my hard drive back in, all those games will still be there. I hope I dont get banned again fucking MS

Edit. Thanks to Tyler for your work on this thread!

Got my ban yesterday, my question is my buddy is giving me his 4gb console. When i put my hard drive back in, all those games will still be there. I hope I dont get banned again fucking MS
Well, to be fair, we kinda deserved it. Silver Lining: I have too much schoolwork I haven't bothered playing it anyway, and I've moved to PC, where games are so cheap, who needs free?

Agreed, you're doing an excellent job Tyler. If that was you adding the achievement info on the old wiki page Bobby, I also appreciated having that info.
Yeah, that was me. I'm like an achievement encyclopedia at this point, so I figured I'd put it to good use. I remember getting a lot of flack for it though, so it's nice to be appreciated.

I think that Tyler is doing a great job. The reason I liked the wiki was because as more people were involved, there were more discussions about the ways to do it and such (and messing ups), and imo was a good part of the thread (though it wasn't to the ones involved in the OP I guess :p).
You mean how I'd ALWAYS fuck up the BBcode in the wiki so Cornelius would have to fix it after hitting me repeatedly with a stick? I can't say I miss that TOO much, haha.

I'm surprised about the voting, actually. I remember a lot of people not liking how it's a wiki. But the people have spoken, I guess.

If it were to go back to a wiki though, I'd absolutely do general/achievement updates again Tuesday mornings since Tuesday is my off-day from school/work.

Well, to be fair, we kinda deserved it. Silver Lining: I have too much schoolwork I haven't bothered playing it anyway, and I've moved to PC, where games are so cheap, who needs free?

Yea im not mad I know i got my hand caught in the cookie jar lol. But my son is stoked he now has my banned console and I got another one for free. So all im out is a cpl days of xbox live

Yea im not mad I know i got my hand caught in the cookie jar lol. But my son is stoked he now has my banned console and I got another one for free. So all im out is a cpl days of xbox live
Lucky you, I'm sure my friend with his Omani friend would be absolutely devastated if either of his two consoles got banned since he shares them often and has invested so much into Gold/lacks the funds to purchase a new console in the near future.

By the way, that pattern with the only console bans being issued to people who got Rayman Legends is still holding true. :)

i would also like to chime in that tyler is doing a great job.  I'm a lurker mostly, and when I did post, it wasnt too much, but I check out the OP every Tuesday to get all my info, and its clear and concise

I wonder if they'll give a xbox live fee refund if you have a lot of time left when you get banned. It would suck to have like 3 years on there.

its some sort of grey area only they know the logic behind. i played all of the games on main profile, with a handful getting achievements in. RAyman2 was not one I got achievs in, seems like this game was the 'bait game.' all my foreign profiles have been suspended, but not main. im done messing with all that, it was a good run.

i know i know, Im not banned.... yet.

its some sort of grey area only they know the logic behind. i played all of the games on main profile, with a handful getting achievements in. RM2 was not one I got achievs in, seems like this game was the 'bait game.' all my foreign profiles have been suspended, but not main. im done messing with all that, it was a good run.

i know i know, Im not banned.... yet.
What is RM2?

I have faith in you, Coach McGuirk.

If I was banned, hell yeah I'd be mad. Not really for myself, since I downloaded what I needed already, and I don't do multiplayer, but mad in principle because 1) This was the first one of these I ever got in on, while others have been doing these for a while. 2) They never told anyone they'd ban people for taking advantage of their mistake. So you see thousands doing it with no consequences for 6 mos, and no warning about a ban, of course you ought to be pissed.

Hello, can someone help me with this, I want to buy bioshock infinite but when I click on purchase there is a small 1 next to the $19.99 that says plus tax, if I click the confirm purchase will I be charged more than $19.99? or the price that I'm seeing is the final price? I, once read that the tax is being charged for the reward points... but I just got 50 cents! do I need to make a 50 cents purchase to get rid of the tax thing? (i'm tring to buy with my converted MSP)

When they ban you, does it make your XBL downloads unplayable on your console?
Not sure why you think this would happen. A banned console is basically an offline console. If you have the license on the console to play offline/not on your account, then the game/item will be useable offline. If you didn't download the item on that particular console either by purchasing it on the same console, or redownloading after a license transfer, you're not going to have the license to play without being connected to Live, and a banned console obviously would prevent you from connecting to Live.

Not sure why you think this would happen. A banned console is basically an offline console. If you have the license on the console to play offline/not on your account, then the game/item will be useable offline. If you didn't download the item on that particular console either by purchasing it on the same console, or redownloading after a license transfer, you're not going to have the license to play without being connected to Live, and a banned console obviously would prevent you from connecting to Live.
I'm talking about the GT here.

I voted yes to the wiki because I thought Tyler might be sick having to keep up with it, and might like the help. He seems up for keeping it going, so I'm changing my vote to no. He's done an amazing job. Best thread on CAG!

I voted yes to the wiki because I thought Tyler might be sick having to keep up with it, and might like the help. He seems up for keeping it going, so I'm changing my vote to no. He's done an amazing job. Best thread on CAG!

I'm talking about the GT here.
Not sure what you're asking.

Re-reading your post... if you're referring to "When they ban you, does it make your XBL downloads unplayable on your console?" like I quoted, again, if you have the license on the console, it won't matter if the gamertag is banned, or even on the console to begin with, it'll work offline. If you're referring to "Is it possible to log onto your account online and see if you're banned so you can just disconnect your 360 from the Internet?", you would get an email if your gamertag is banned. If your console is flagged for banning, keeping it offline is only going to help prevent corruption of the profiles and saves. It will be banned the next time it connects online if it is flagged to be banned.

I don't know how else to deconstruct your post and question.

Not sure what you're asking.

Re-reading your post... if you're referring to "When they ban you, does it make your XBL downloads unplayable on your console?" like I quoted, again, if you have the license on the console, it won't matter if the gamertag is banned, or even on the console to begin with, it'll work offline. If you're referring to "Is it possible to log onto your account online and see if you're banned so you can just disconnect your 360 from the Internet?", you would get an email if your gamertag is banned. If your console is flagged for banning, keeping it offline is only going to help prevent corruption of the profiles and saves. It will be banned the next time it connects online if it is flagged to be banned.

I don't know how else to deconstruct your post and question.
I think you answered my question. Basically I'm reading people say you "lose" your content. As in, someone bought $800 in XBL content, their GT is banned and they "lost" it. I think you're saying it's still usable. This is a good reason to stick to physical disks. Frankly if MS banned me that would be it. I wouldn't buy their console again.

I just downloaded Ascend: Hand of Kul Free With Gold via the Xbox home screen.

EDIT: It seems this is just another free to play game. Kind of misleading having it on the home screen like that.

EfaEeSi.jpg

I think you answered my question. Basically I'm reading people say you "lose" your content. As in, someone bought $800 in XBL content, their GT is banned and they "lost" it. I think you're saying it's still usable. This is a good reason to stick to physical disks. Frankly if MS banned me that would be it. I wouldn't buy their console again.
Xbox Support has said this on Twitter several times "If your account is banned, you also forfeit the licenses to any games that have licenses tied to it as listed in the ToU."

My wife basically gave the best response to hearing about my banned console...” Do you wanna go get a new one?” Why would I say no?

My question is how do we find out if its console only and NOT account? Dont mind getting that 50 gift card deal at best buy if my account is still active. I still show as gold and have my $20 account balance on xbox.com...should I assume this means simply buying a new console will fix this?

Thanks for all the support guys.

Haha due to some not-so-shocking information I just got when turning on my Xbox and then logging on to xbox.com, my interested in XBL sales has suddenly plummeted.  I doubt I'll have a ton of ambition to update the thread on a weekly basis, so I'll be switching it up to a wiki post here soon.

My biggest regret?  Not buying Sacred Citadel a couple weeks ago.  I had about $12 on my account that went to waste. 

My wife basically gave the best response to hearing about my banned console...” Do you wanna go get a new one?” Why would I say no?

My question is how do we find out if its console only and NOT account? Dont mind getting that 50 gift card deal at best buy if my account is still active. I still show as gold and have my $20 account balance...should I assume this means simply buying a new console will fix this?
Try logging into xbox.com to see if your account is still active. If it's not, it will just take you right to a page saying you're banned.

I would wait at least a few weeks though to see if your account ban is still coming (I got hit with both) before investing in a new Xbox.

Try logging into xbox.com to see if your account is still active. If it's not, it will just take you right to a page saying you're banned.

I would wait at least a few weeks though to see if your account ban is still coming (I got hit with both) before investing in a new Xbox.
So you got both account banned and console banned?

Xbox Support has said this on Twitter several times "If your account is banned, you also forfeit the licenses to any games that have licenses tied to it as listed in the ToU."
Well yeah, that means you don't get to download it anymore. If you already have it on the physical console, they can't physically take it away from you. The capability (thankfully) isn't there. If the game/download is tied to your system, you'll be able to play it indefinitely.

Yup my halo 4 console is BANNED when I turned it on tonight. Of all the consoles why my halo 4? I think I'm finally done with gaming IF my profile is banned aswell as I had a lot of money invested in it . Today is a sad day indeed my friends :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back