XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I never could get into DMC. I played some of the first and I think the demo for 4. The fixed camera angles always drove me nuts. I'm also a fan of action games but I didn't like the hit a dude eight million times and juggle him for 18 hours gameplay. I know the combat is suppose to be a blast but I just always felt like I was in combat too long. I guess I might not have been doing it right but Ninja Gaiden always felt more satisfying to me. I also felt like there was never any weight to the enemies when you hit them. I always thought I should LOVE the series but never did while playing. I might give the new DMC a chance though because I like Ninja Theory's other games.

Does anyone know if AC2 DLC are worth getting? Are they any good and how long is each one???

Ive never played any Devil May Cry before is the HD collection worth it at $15? How about DMC4 at $5?
It's worth it for the 3rd game. The intro in 3 is better than the first 2 games combined (that's mainly because the 2nd one was so terrible, it drags the 1st one down). Don't remember much of 4, but they all play almost the same. Keep an eye out for the reboot on sale because that one is on par with 3.

Does anyone know if AC2 DLC are worth getting? Are they any good and how long is each one???
If you don't get the DLC you only play sequnces 1-11 after that you skip to 14. Ubisoft delievered a game that wasn't complete which imo was the only thing I disliked about ACII

If you don't get the DLC you only play sequnces 1-11 after that you skip to 14. Ubisoft delievered a game that wasn't complete which imo was the only thing I disliked about ACII
That crap annoyed the hell outta me. The most blatant case of content being taken out of the main game just to release as DLC later I've ever seen.

How is "Full Game - CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET" only 200 MSP but "CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET : ALL-IN-ONE PACK" 1,000 MSP?

Anyone like the arcade cabinet? I've found most of those games don't quite live up to the nostalgia but I just watched the trailer and man I remember all of those games and wasted many quarters on them.

Somehow I never played any of those arcade capcom games growing up, aside from 1942. Which is pretty odd since I went to arcades a lot as a kid of the late 80s-90s. When this collection first came out i thought the cowboy game was sunset riders and got super exited. Thats a remake that could take my money day one. Pew pew...

I absolutely love Asura's Wrath. So ridiculously entertaining and fun. 

Skip the ACII DLC, its just 2 very mediocre chapters with no cheevos  (if you are into those). I have never really cared for any of the AC dlc, but I have yet to try the AC III DLC. Any word on how good that is? Does it have any sailing missions? I really enjoyed those.

AC III DLC. Any word on how good that is? Does it have any sailing missions? I really enjoyed those.
Not positive as it's been a little while but I believe there was some sailing. Overall though I can't really recommend it personally other than for the sake of 100% completion. You get some neat powers but they get old quick and they make the missions so ridiculously easy being able to fly from point to point and go invisible.

Main game sits at 84 on Metacritic right now while the DLC ranges from 63-73.

Check the trading thread here...there's been a few MSP sellers recently, I'm sure one will hook you up.
ive been fishing there but one guy in particular isnt responding. I dont want to spend 23 on 2400 msp but its better than 24.49 plus tax that CGT offers right now. I am just hoping someone still has some of those 1200 MSP codes they got from the Microsoft Store Glitch left they want to move.

My sweet spot is 20 bucks, but im willing to forego a pack of cigs if i have to. So I can do the 23. I just need them, like now...

because im a tight ass that has a few mouths to feed so having any money to actually spend on games is rare. I do bing rewards for MSP on 5 different accounts and so far i have managed to hustle 8004MYXBOX on free months of XBL for the last 3 months. lol

also, i know there are better deals here

I've been waiting for Asura's Wrath and Final Fight to be on sale, so, now's my chance ^_^

I would've bought DMC4, but I already own it on disk, so... I better don't waste more HD space.

Ah crap, sorry. When I searched "Ducktales" I'd get results for both the game and the video. Upon clicking the game it said free, little did I realize that it still took me to the video page. Sorry everyone.

There is an ad on the dashboard (something music related, I really can't remember the name) where you can instantly win 800 points for watching a video. I tried on several accounts with no luck.

How is "Full Game - CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET" only 200 MSP but "CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET : ALL-IN-ONE PACK" 1,000 MSP?
Not worth it.

Get Vol. 1 and Vol 2. of the Capcom Classics Collection instead for PS2/Xbox 1.

Way better selection of games for about the same price.

There is an ad on the dashboard (something music related, I really can't remember the name) where you can instantly win 800 points for watching a video. I tried on several accounts with no luck.
i dont think any of those things work... i did the supersoaker one a couple of weeks ago and broke the top score list... i didnt win anything but a bruised thumb

Question.

Didn't like the feel of the first Lost Planet, heard the second is quite different, and worried that I might possibly be fooled.  For those who have played the game/own the game, is it different than the first Lost Planet and worth the purchase?

not much chatter about AC: brotherhood/revelations, are they worth 1200msp?
Brotherhood is better, and while I do think both are worthy of the price, it seems a little high for what I would imagine physical copies go for these days.

I never could get into DMC. I played some of the first and I think the demo for 4. The fixed camera angles always drove me nuts. I'm also a fan of action games but I didn't like the hit a dude eight million times and juggle him for 18 hours gameplay. I know the combat is suppose to be a blast but I just always felt like I was in combat too long. I guess I might not have been doing it right but Ninja Gaiden always felt more satisfying to me. I also felt like there was never any weight to the enemies when you hit them. I always thought I should LOVE the series but never did while playing. I might give the new DMC a chance though because I like Ninja Theory's other games.
I agree. Every time I returned to a room, the enemies returned. Fighting them felt more like a chore. I also couldn't get use to the combo system. Still on the fence on Ninja Gaiden though. I wish it was more like the NES games.

Picking up Asura's Wrath. If this happened a year ago, I would have passed on it due to the controls (I'm use to the X position on the PS3 controller than the button on the Xbox controller) but I'm more comfortable since then.

Also picking up Final Fight Double Impact even though I have this on PS3. It sucks that you can only play this when you're online, but nice to have in case the PS3 is down for maintenance or vice versa.

Mega Man 9 and 10 at $5 each is a steal. It's too bad the 360 doesn't have the rest of the Mega Man series available.

Are there any story elements from Assassin's Creed 1 that I should know about before playing Assassin's Creed 2 or can you jump in without any confusion? The first game was too boring for me to finish, but the trials I've played of the other games were more fun.

It's worth it for the 3rd game. The intro in 3 is better than the first 2 games combined (that's mainly because the 2nd one was so terrible, it drags the 1st one down). Don't remember much of 4, but they all play almost the same. Keep an eye out for the reboot on sale because that one is on par with 3.
Blasphemy.

not much chatter about AC: brotherhood/revelations, are they worth 1200msp?
Revalations is my favorite out of the series, with Brotherhood right behind it. You can't really go wrong with either one.

But like others have said, you can find physical copies for the same price or even cheaper. They are both $15 on Amazon right now.

I ask because I happen to have exactly 1200msp. I missed the AC3 sale by thismuch.
I've been wanting to play these games for awhile but backlogs prevented me. the only one I played was the first and found it boring as f*** , but I heard from many they've gotten better. now, I do like stealth games though. a lot.

that said, I'm going to try out AC2, since its free, and figured I might as well snag one of the others with these extra points laying around.......unless something better is coming up???

The first one is kinda boring but finish the story it will be integral when playing revelations as Ezio has regular flashbacks back to Altier's time. I think you will appreciate the story more if u complete the first but thats my opinion

was there any change with the graphics quality between bro/rev?
Nah they are pretty much the same.

Brotherhood takes place in Rome though so there's more beautiful scenery imo.

Climbing up to the top of the Colosseum and then parachuting off is very satisfying.

I agree. Every time I returned to a room, the enemies returned. Fighting them felt more like a chore. I also couldn't get use to the combo system. Still on the fence on Ninja Gaiden though. I wish it was more like the NES games.

Picking up Asura's Wrath. If this happened a year ago, I would have passed on it due to the controls (I'm use to the X position on the PS3 controller than the button on the Xbox controller) but I'm more comfortable since then.

Also picking up Final Fight Double Impact even though I have this on PS3. It sucks that you can only play this when you're online, but nice to have in case the PS3 is down for maintenance or vice versa.

Mega Man 9 and 10 at $5 each is a steal. It's too bad the 360 doesn't have the rest of the Mega Man series available.

Are there any story elements from Assassin's Creed 1 that I should know about before playing Assassin's Creed 2 or can you jump in without any confusion? The first game was too boring for me to finish, but the trials I've played of the other games were more fun.
Final Fight Double Impact is online only...that's news to me. I've played the games plenty of times offline.

I loved the DMC series..until 3. Didn't like the added difficulty. Two was my favorite because I could hook up the street fighter anniversary fight stick and have a blast flipping around taking out enemies with guns and swords. Thought 4 was good too. The difficulty for easy and normal were just right. Sometimes I just like to kick ass when I play...

I'm pretty sure the online-only DRM is only on PS3.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 also has online DRM on the PS3, but I don't think it does on the 360.

Question.

Didn't like the feel of the first Lost Planet, heard the second is quite different, and worried that I might possibly be fooled. For those who have played the game/own the game, is it different than the first Lost Planet and worth the purchase?
I hated Lost Planet 1 I never found it to be fun just very annoying. Lost Planet 2 was pretty fun if you have Co-Op partners.I thought they fixed a lot of the problem that I found to be pretty stupid in LP1 and improved the gameplay a lot more.

I hated Lost Planet 1 I never found it to be fun just very annoying. Lost Planet 2 was pretty fun if you have Co-Op partners.I thought they fixed a lot of the problem that I found to be pretty stupid in LP1 and improved the gameplay a lot more.
I actually thought the exact opposite. 2 just felt like it had very annoying and boring, even in coop (especially the train mission). The first one just felt better to me, and at least tried to have a story and characters. Unlike the second where it felt like a bunch of faceless soliders (which it was).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back