XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheese and rice. People need to relax already. If the sale is no good, just don't buy anything. Stop with the teeth gnashing just because its not to your liking.

Last week was great. Two weeks ago was great. It'll be great again. Just stop with the fucking "omg. This is sooooooo horrible. How dare they!!!!!!!!"

Cheese and rice. People need to relax already. If the sale is no good, just don't buy anything. Stop with the teeth gnashing just because its not to your liking.

Last week was great. Two weeks ago was great. It'll be great again. Just stop with the fucking "omg. This is sooooooo horrible. How dare they!!!!!!!!"
This. Not too long ago, we would get really shitty deals for weeks on end. Im perfectly fine with getting one good week of sales and then a not so good one afterwards.

Xbox support is saying it's a known issue & they're looking into it, fwiw. If anybody's truly bothered about missing the sale, it might be worth sending them a tweet or chatting with support -- probably a long shot but maybe they'll extend it a day.

sad that asura's wrath went back to normal price, especially since all the other Capcom games are still discounted. I would say they reached their quota of sales for the game and changed the price. I really need to stop talking myself into buying games, thus waiting until the last possible day to purchase.

This. Not too long ago, we would get really shitty deals for weeks on end. Im perfectly fine with getting one good week of sales and then a not so good one afterwards.
This week's deals are really pretty cruddy. Most these Tom Clancy games are quite old and can be had for $5 or less at local Gamestops. Previous week's good deals don't excuse this week's bad deals, and this week's bad deals don't invalidate some of the better deals we've gotten in previous weeks.

Yea everybody just not talk about anything and let the thread die. That's always a great plan, right? I say complain if you want. Let confoosious ignore you if it hurts his fragile sensibilities.

Why did Asura's Wrath go back up already? I seriously just bought MS points to buy it and in that time it went from $10 to $30.
I learned my lesson (after having missed few games this way) and got the game in first days from this sale.

End War?? Wasn't there a server close on this game?
Yep, at this point is not worth even at lower price.

btw: Not that anyone cares, but action bundle is already removed from marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Action-Packed-Bundle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411416?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

I would buy a couple of those Resident Evil avatar outfits if they were 80 points instead of 160. The heartache of setting up arbitrary price thresholds for largely useless stuff. Guess I'll just continue to sit on my unused points. (Unless in the next few hours I lose my mind and decide to buy Lost Planet 2)

I learned my lesson (after having missed few games this way) and got the game in first days from this sale.

Yep, at this point is not worth even at lower price.

btw: Not that anyone cares, but action bundle is already removed from marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Action-Packed-Bundle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411416?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone
MS is really going all out with these bundles. 2-4 days of availability is just so awesome!!!

I haven't been on CAG for about the last 8 days. What exactly was in this Action bundle? The link only shows me pictures, I see one of them was the Dishwasher. How much was it also? Hopefully I didnt miss out on something I would of liked.

Edit: Nevermind the last image says the games. Not sure If I would have grabbed it or not but to late now. Oh well.

"This bundle includes five full Xbox LIVE Arcade titles: “The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile," "Bloodforge," "Dungeon Fighter LIVE,” “Islands of Wakfu,” and “Unbound Saga.” for 1600msp.

Damn another crappy week of deals. At this rate I know i won't use up my points before the conversion date.

Also benjamouth in case you didn't see it, Dennis Farina passed away yesterday. He shall be missed.

"This bundle includes five full Xbox LIVE Arcade titles: “The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile," "Bloodforge," "Dungeon Fighter LIVE,” “Islands of Wakfu,” and “Unbound Saga.” for 1600msp.

Damn another crappy week of deals. At this rate I know i won't use up my points before the conversion date.

Also benjamouth in case you didn't see it, Dennis Farina passed away yesterday. He shall be missed.
so what is the down side to having you r points converted, i wasn't really worried about it...until now

Wow those sales are so bad... GRAW, GRAW2 and R6V2 were 4€ during the first XBL Ultimate Sale, why would you try to sell them again for 10/15€... Conviction for 400MSP would've been an insta-buy, with this price I guess I can wait a bit more.

I haven't been around the thread lately but I have a bunch of cheap MSP burning a hole in my proverbial pocket. What say you, CAG, on some recent and/or never-been-on-sale titles to pick up? I've already started with Monaco and on the no-sale side I already have the much-recommended Half-Minute Hero.

MS is really going all out with these bundles. 2-4 days of availability is just so awesome!!!
Lol..I know, right? I'm really not seeing the point of this. It's not like the prices are so amazing they can only have it up for a limited amount of time.

What the hell - bought Haunt.  It looks like something I can get my kids playing.  I'll just have to reconnect the Kinect to my older son's 360 since I traded our living room 360 to GS the other day for $225 ;).

I ended up buying the three discounted Asura's Wrath DLCs a bit ago, since they were still live. I don't replay games too often, but I might replay that one when I go to play the DLC. Only thing though is that I have to wait until I am home in the states on vacay a month from now to download them, because I don't have a day and a half to dedicate to downloading the 1 gig plus of data.

God I hate this internet up here........

Only downside to the conversionis having to pay tax. Especially if you already paid tax when you bought them.
This is incorrect. You will not pay taxes on purchases made using any points that are converted to currency. This is because MS cannot legally double-tax you on purchases.

This is incorrect. You will not pay taxes on purchases made using any points that are converted to currency. This is because MS cannot legally double-tax you on purchases.
That is not the case for me (Ohio resident). I had funds converted and I paid tax on my XBLA purchases.

That is not the case for me (Ohio resident). I had funds converted and I paid tax on my XBLA purchases.
Hmm, that really shouldn't be happening per MS's official policy:

"Will I be taxed on my purchase?

We will not apply taxes when you purchase content using currency that we add to your account at the time of the transition. However, when you use currency that you add to your account after the transition (including from Xbox Gift Cards), all appropriate taxes will be applied to those purchases."

Source link: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

Maybe it's a glitch in the beta -- I read that they had some issues with European currency conversion rates, so maybe this is another issue. They really shouldn't be doing this as double taxation is generally prohibited in most jurisdictions.

What is the cheapest/easiest way to get Gold on an account in order to take advantage of a Gold-only deal?
I'd like to know this as well. I ordered a one year Live card but in case it doesn't ship in time, I would like to get an online code for one month's worth so I don't miss out on the Assassin's Creed 2 freebie. Any suggestions?

It wasn't updated in the OP but is it safe to say the only new deals this week are the Tom Clancy ones??

no it isn't. I was taxed on a purchase yesterday.

edit. Nvm it was a CC purchase that was taxed at a 4%.

So I guess time to make my decision on Asura's Wrath.  Anyone know if you can boot up and play the Part IV DLC before beating the main game?

I played the game on PS3 so I don't have an Xbox save file, and I'd like to just play the DLC right now without having to play through the whole game again.

Tyler, I swear I just saw a posting where you asked if you can just boot up Episode IV on Asura's Wrath. I just tried it out. And it looks like you can. It's warned me I should play through Episode 18 before booting this up. But it seems to work fine.

I did Skonson, and I appreciate you checking it out for me and answering that for me.

But I decided to not buy Asura's Wrath, so I deleted the post.  I just have too many new games to play to justify 800 MSP on a re-buy.  I may still grab the DLC for the future though, so thanks for the info!

Those TC prices suck indeed but I already own most games so it's okay. I only ended up buying Street Fighter III since the trial was fun. Hopefully we get decent sales next week.

I just picked up Double Agent for $3.50 at GS the other day.  About 3x times higher than what you can get it for at retail, this is a horrible GoD sale even by MS standards.  To bad, we had a couple of good weeks lately.

Asura's Wrath is back down to $9.99.
I keep trying to buy Asuras wrath while its back at $9.99, but the system continues to tell me sorry. I can't even log into live via Xbox; I've been trying to buy via my web browser. Maybe live is down for me or that the system is shutting my purchase down because the game should be back at full price...

So basically we should post feedback about great deals, but should remain silent on terrible deals?

All hail Microsoft!

I'd like to know this as well. I ordered a one year Live card but in case it doesn't ship in time, I would like to get an online code for one month's worth so I don't miss out on the Assassin's Creed 2 freebie. Any suggestions?

It wasn't updated in the OP but is it safe to say the only new deals this week are the Tom Clancy ones??
There should be a thread on the Free board with a link for a month of Gold if you have a Silver account. I just used it a few days ago.

Then this WILL be a lawsuit as many places here in OH tax point cards (not all, but some). It would be a double taxation at which M$ would/will be fined up the wazoo.
I think the store charging tax on the gift card is the guilty party. The content you buy with the gift card is what should be taxed; not the gift card.

Or you might just live in an area where they do charge tax on gift card purchases. In which case you got a raw deal. But, charging tax on purchases you make with gift cards is normal for any retailer.

Another thing to consider is some retailers might be charging tax on MSP because the cards might technically be considered a product. Since they don't show a cash value on them they aren't seen as a gift card, so they aren't tax free. Maybe when Xbox gift cards start showing a cash value on them those retailers will stop charging tax on them.

About the conversion FAQ saying converted funds won't be subject to tax. That FAQ has changed a few things it said. It's possible tax being applied to converted funds is a mistake, but it's also possible any day now that line about converted funds not being subject to tax will be removed.

Before the conversion I now plan on spending all my MSP.

Weird, on the marketplace (webpage) says that Asura Wrath is still $9.99. That beta has a lot of problems, but you can still purchase through the webpage, isn't it?

So I bought some stuff for the first time in weeks. Obviously the Capcom Arcade Cabinet was going to happen, but I was also thrilled to see they finally discounted Mega Man 9 for the first time. Funny how they seemed to scale the graphics back a little more than they needed to with MM9 and 10. When compared to MM5 and 6, they don't look as good (the backgrounds are left a bit more simple than they needed to-could have easily done more with them), but I love the new enemy types and maps. Well worth the $5 each (especially considering it cost me about $170 to pick up all six of the original NES Mega Mans-could have sworn I already owned a couple of them but could not find them in my library).

Also taking a small gamble on the Asura's Wrath DLCs. I bought all of the ones on sale, now I just have to find the core game for my buy price. $10 for the disc max is completely reasonable I think. I know the digital version is on sale for that but I don't spend more than $5 on digital versions of games I can get on disc.

Back to nothing for me again this week, but no big deal. I'm still going through a retro phase.

It has to be the company's decision on taxing the purchases doesn't it? In my state I pay no tax on PSN but pay it on the Nintendo eshop and I hate the way the eshop does it. Setting incremental card amounts but then charging tax on purchases is just an awkward way to do things.

It kind of shows why gaming media were mainly the ones complaining about "how terrible the points system is" but actual gamers had completely gotten used to it and liked the convenience for the most part. It allowed Microsoft to price things in ways that worked with the card amounts. Where as if you get a $10 card on the eshop you can't buy two $4.99 games.

I wish they would have left it alone at the end of the 360's cycle.

I just 100% completed Assassin's Creed II.

Should I buy the other the other installments in the series? I liked this game a lot.

I haven't played them, but from what I've heard the sequels are very similar, so if you like one you will probably enjoy the others. They are also really cheap now, so yeah I'd say pick up Brotherhood and see if you still want more (Revalations and 3 have a lot more mixed opinions).

Slightly off topic but how does the downloadable version of Chaos Theory hold up? I played the original and Pandora's on original Xbox. Also owned Double Agent on 360. For 800 points I'm considering it especially because of Conviction's weak sale price.

Should I buy the other the other installments in the series? I liked this game a lot.
Most people I know think 2 is the best one. Having played them all I'd suggest yes. It's a great series. I like them all about equally with the exception of Revelations which is my least favorite.

Playing one game back to back with another may start to get repetitive though. They are all extremely similar games which is why I like them all but I think I'd get tired of it without a break in between games.

All of them up until 3 are pretty much the same. Even then, 3 is not that big of a difference. You would probably enjoy them all since you liked 2 a lot.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC is 536MSP?? What the hell are they thinking to come up with such a weird price??

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back