XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure you wanna see it?

June 2013

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PS3 - 6/4/13
Gods Eater Burst - PSP/Vita - 6/18/13
LittleBigPlanet Karting - PS3 - 6/11/13
Machinarium - PSN - 6/11/13
Saints Row: The Third - PS3 - 6/18/13
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Single-Player Campaign via the Free-to-Play Multiplayer game - PS3 - 6/11/13
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - PS3 - 6/11/13
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward - Vita - 6/25/13

July 2013
Battlefield 3 - PS3 - 7/2/13
Dokuro - Vita - 7/30/13
Jet Set Radio - PSN - 7/16/13
Metal Slug XX - PSP/Vita - 7/23/13
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee - PSN - 7/9/13

August 2013
Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - PSN - 8/13/13
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower - PSP - 8/20/13
Hitman Absolution - PS3 - 8/6/13
Machinarium - Vita - 8/27/13
Zen Pinball 2 - Star Wars Pinball - PSN/Vita - 8/20/13

September 2013
Galaga Legions DX - PSN
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - PSP/Vita
Ico HD - PS3
Rayman Origins - Vita
Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection - PSN

All credit to Mr. Tanuki for the list. If you live in Europe, the list would look a lot better.
Oh.My.God. :rofl: Thanks, Tylerh. That's very informative. I'd like to ask a question although it's way off-topic being this a 360 thread but: if i'd subscribe today to PS+ would I have access to all past freebies? My 360 drive has finally stopped reading discs and I'm considering the PS3 500G bundle with gta5 and the last of us. Or swallow my bile and purchase an used fat 360 and gta5.

I think it would be a better comparison to show the first 3 months of PSN+.
Why? Games with gold will be over this december. Following ur reasoning, compare the first 3 months of Live Gold with any other subscription service, PSN+ or whatever. But you are right, using the first 3 months of PSN+ would be the only way Games with Gold doesn't look outdated :)

Nice that they're getting closer to day one releases on 360. Not bad.
Is there any particular reason why this arbitrary delay has to be worn down at all and not just be done away with in one swoop? There's clearly an audience for the day one digital releases of retail games, so having any sort of delay just discourages the habit.

Another month and no Lost Odyssey.

One of these days I'll get the game to go along with the guide I bought for $1 when Hollywood Video closed.

I need some clarification on a couple things so I can see just how much Microsoft dropped the ball here.

With the change in points to $, why are we not able to put several items into a cart like nearly every other digital retailer?
My guess is that it has to do with how taxes are charged? Thus why they won't bundle them? That whole tax thing is going to really wreck a lot of e-commerce...

BTW, I nabbed that Ben 10 game while it was still up. It's not an awesome game, but it's not actually awful. It plays like an NES game honestly, like playing the game Strider or something, except you can transform. Controls are a bit floaty. At some point I'll play through it probably and try to get some Achievements. There also is apparently some from of Endless/Gauntlet/Infinite Mode or whatever to play in. Don't know what the deal was with that game though. If they take it back away from me I won't cry.

The new Xbox Rewards system is up, if you guys didn't see the discussion in the other thread.

It seems to be quite similar to the old program.

So they didn't "evolve the way we earn rewards for doing the things we love"?

Taking a quick glance at the new XBL Rewards:

• The currency has been changed from points to Rewards Credits. 5,000 credits needed to deposit into your XBL account, which is $5 for US people.
  • It at least looks like they do a much better job of communicating what you can do for credits and your progress to earning the $5 deposit.
  • I see Punchcards are still there along with renewing Gold, friend referrals, surveys, and gamerscore cashback rewards.
  • Punchcards for the next two months covers buying map packs (boo), renting/buying TV shows and movies (boo), and downloading completely new apps and using them for 5 hours (eh).
  • The gamerscore rewards has a new tier for 75k+, so I'm not in the best tier anymore. :( You get $0.30 back per $10 spent for the top tier, $0.20 back for the second tier, $0.10 for the third tier, and a nickel back for the bottom tier. We got 2% back before for the top tier with no minimum required, right? That's a bummer.
  • They also have a new reward for playing a new retail release for at least 10 hours within 30 days of its launch. XBLA/GoD/IGs don't count.
Seems like they spent most of the work coming up with a new reward currency that wasn't points but was also not real money so they didn't have to work a bit more to cover various real currencies.

msoft bends u over and u have no choice but to take it but sony has awesome games for free in ps plus. Xbox ain't even worth it anymore, lulz, xbox

Such ignorance....

How do you have no choice????
well if u commit yourself fully to microsoft then, your pretty much saying, take my money and rip me off msoft. The free games program that Xbox launched is a joke and they should be ashamed of themselves for even to think about competing against ps plus

msoft bends u over and u have no choice but to take it but sony has awesome games for free in ps plus. Xbox ain't even worth it anymore, lulz, xbox
I love how everyone keeps saying you get games for free in PS+ when you actually have to pay for the membership just like xbox. And besides maybe on Xbox we aren't getting big titles but at least we can keep the games even if our membership expires.

I am not trying to start a console war because I own both console and enjoy them equally.

well if u commit yourself fully to microsoft then, your pretty much saying, take my money and rip me off msoft. The free games program that Xbox launched is a joke and they should be ashamed of themselves for even to think about competing against ps plus
But it's not a joke...

It's a joke if they don't release the specific games you want?

I personally, with a collection of over 200 titles now, would prefer older, obscure titles.

And comparing it to the rental service of PSN is getting old

You can pay $0 and still access and keep these games...

So they didn't "evolve the way we earn rewards for doing the things we love"?

Taking a quick glance at the new XBL Rewards:

• The currency has been changed from points to Rewards Credits. 5,000 credits needed to deposit into your XBL account, which is $5 for US people.
  • It at least looks like they do a much better job of communicating what you can do for credits and your progress to earning the $5 deposit.
  • I see Punchcards are still there along with renewing Gold, friend referrals, surveys, and gamerscore cashback rewards.
  • Punchcards for the next two months covers buying map packs (boo), renting/buying TV shows and movies (boo), and downloading completely new apps and using them for 5 hours (eh).
  • The gamerscore rewards has a new tier for 75k+, so I'm not in the best tier anymore. :( You get $0.30 back per $10 spent for the top tier, $0.20 back for the second tier, $0.10 for the third tier, and a nickel back for the bottom tier. We got 2% back before for the top tier with no minimum required, right? That's a bummer.
  • They also have a new reward for playing a new retail release for at least 10 hours within 30 days of its launch. XBLA/GoD/IGs don't count.
Seems like they spent most of the work coming up with a new reward currency that wasn't points but was also not real money so they didn't have to work a bit more to cover various real currencies.
I suspected they'd do away with the cashback perks entirely, so this is decent news for me at least.

The troll-feeding around here makes me a sad boy.

Have to agree with everybody, the games suck, but at least we get to keep them if we drop the gold so everything sucks because we can't have the best of both worlds.

On another note, i just logged in and saw my account still showing my MS points but then they disappeared. MS should have just left the points and let people buy everything with money like the GonD. Still deciding if I should send in my copy of Bully to Amazon for $12.26 and get the GonD version. Is Bully that rare?

Off topic, but does the Game of Thrones game really suck that bad? Im not a graphics monger and I love RPG's.

And why is this thread 4 stars? Should be 5, vote for Tyler's work people!!

Just saying I rather have limited access to great games than permanent access to $2 games. I pretty much feel like if you arent paying for a membership your doing it wrong regardless. I pay for both and primarily love XBL but PSN just kills it in value.

It seems that Ben 10's xbla has been removed from the marketplace (EU at least). I purchased it some hours ago though.
Heh, this actually is a better way to delist a game - give it for free for half of the day, then remove it. :p

I snatched it, even though it looks awful.

They also have a new reward for playing a new retail release for at least 10 hours within 30 days of its launch. XBLA/GoD/IGs don't count.
I'm buying retail games at release from time to time anyway, so a little bonus like this is welcome.

Well my live membership is up September 1st, and with these two games, Magic & Vegas, it looks like i have no incentive to resubscribe right away. Don't want either game, so will just wait to see what October or November's games will be.

Holy Shit, people. They don't owe you anything except the service you pay for. Free games are just icing. Don't like the service? Quit paying. I'm sure bitching in this forum will solve all your problems. I bet MS is calling a mandatory meeting to figure out how to please you. There is a PS+ thread to gloat in, if needed. I, for one, can't wait for the 1st to catch some Magic games with fellow CAGS.

So pretty much all they did was add that you must spend a minimum of $10, since the percentages are the same, aside from the addition of the new top tier.

Heh, this actually is a better way to delist a game - give it for free for half of the day, then remove it. :p

I snatched it, even though it looks awful.
Yes, this way is better, but I guess that they just messed it up, didn't mean to be free I guess.

For me the right way to delist a game, would be by Major Nelson saying so a WEEK before the delisting and with a simbolic price of $1 or anything like that (or free).

Is there any particular reason why this arbitrary delay has to be worn down at all and not just be done away with in one swoop? There's clearly an audience for the day one digital releases of retail games, so having any sort of delay just discourages the habit.
payola from gamestop.

that's kind of a joke but at the same time i would be 0% surprised if it were true

Holy Shit, people. They don't owe you anything except the service you pay for. Free games are just icing. Don't like the service? Quit paying. I'm sure bitching in this forum will solve all your problems. I bet MS is calling a mandatory meeting to figure out how to please you. There is a PS+ thread to gloat in, if needed. I, for one, can't wait for the 1st to catch some Magic games with fellow CAGS.
Don't worry. Already pcmasterraced'd it.

Picked up Bully. Points converted to cash with no problem.

I have no interest in Magic the Gathering, but I'll try Rainbow Six Vegas. I'm more about gameplay than graphics so I don't really care that it's an old title just as long as the game is playable and, you know, good.

What is considered the best Tom Clancy game series?

The two titles are a good mixture.  I still have my copy of Rainbow Six so I probably wont download it but haven't played that Magic title so I will add it to the collection.

For those PS+ people complaining about how old Rainbow Six is... here is September's PS+ titles you can rent for free.

- Resident Evil Chronicles HD - Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (i.e. one of the two titles in this collection) released back in 2007

- Ico - released in 2001

- GTA Liberty Stories (Vita) - released in 2005

- Galaga Legions - released in 2008

- Rayman Origins (Vita) - the only recent game there on a system that tons of people do not own.

What do you notice... they are all very dated as well. 

Wow entitlement is so high on this forum anymore. 

I wonder which apps quality for the punchcard, it would be funny if the Pizza Hut app qualified. I'll have to ask them about the gold renewal reward, my family plan renewed on August 21st.

I find it amusing that for as "terrible" as XBox and MS supposedly are, there's still no lack of people willing to come into this XBox deals thread to comment.

Pssssst... If you're coming into this XBox Deals thread that often, you can post all you want about how awful MS is, but... we all know you're still just eagerly waiting to see the new deals.

Looks like Bing Rewards are now offering $3 cards at 360 (gold)/375 (regular).

I'm thinking I'll probably store up money from that and points cards still out there for DLC-related purchases and save regular charges for bundles and digital games.  It has that option to use/not use cash stored to your account when getting stuff.

You'd be better off getting the $5 Amazon gift cards for 475 (gold) and getting points through them. Unless you're planning on using it for the WP8 aspect. Or the Tango card for 470 (gold). Plus, both have $3 options for less than the $3 Xbox Digital Giftcard (330 and 320 respectively).

Looks like Bing Rewards are now offering $3 cards at 360 (gold)/375 (regular).

I'm thinking I'll probably store up money from that and points cards still out there for DLC-related purchases and save regular charges for bundles and digital games. It has that option to use/not use cash stored to your account when getting stuff.

You'd be better off getting the $5 Amazon gift cards for 475 (gold) and getting points through them. Unless you're planning on using it for the WP8 aspect. Or the Tango card for 470 (gold). Plus, both have $3 options for less than the $3 Xbox Digital Giftcard (330 and 320 respectively).
Redeeming amz now but i always buy random stuff there so no more xbox redeems for me. doubt much be good anyways now tmnt was a joke. I rather play old ones.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely do that. :D

The points once converted can be used for apps and games on WP8 or Win 8 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back