XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, mods nuked the thread. This is a stolen joke, but apparently it was against the rules to discuss free Xbox Live content in the Free Xbox Live Content thread.

I doubt they'll embrace xbone. Major Nelson said he doesn't like it at all. I figure they just bought the domain so that someone else doesn't make some type of parody site with it.
Even more: this is cheapassgamer and what is cheaper than free? :p But I respect their decission. Good samaritans could rephrase their statements like: "hey guys, a friend from Oman has paid me a visit here in my house and when recovering his profile I realized he owns wrc powerslide and he doesnt even like fckn racing; he told me he got it for free" XDD

I'm on the fence with Battleblock Theater. I was in the Beta and I did like the game. However, now that it's been live for a number of months, I'm wondering how the live community shaped up. Are there good/many user-created levels? Are the vs. games still fun (towards the end of the beta, several of the games were a cluster as everyone was just spamming grenades). Have you had good experience playing the coop?

So is this why I can't see any DLC, arcade games, etc. other than the new releases? Anytime I try to go into say like Forza Horizon to see it's DLC it comes up with some error and won't let me in. Has been doing this all week.
I remember the good ol'days when there was an interruption or disfunction with the service like the current one, and Microsoft compensated us with free games. In fact, my first arcade games were free thanks to that, Undertow and Carcassone. But I wont complain, these current issues have brought me more positive things than negatives :whistle2:

I'm on the fence with Battleblock Theater. I was in the Beta and I did like the game. However, now that it's been live for a number of months, I'm wondering how the live community shaped up. Are there good/many user-created levels? Are the vs. games still fun (towards the end of the beta, several of the games were a cluster as everyone was just spamming grenades). Have you had good experience playing the coop?
Yes. Never played. Absolutely.

Even more: this is cheapassgamer and what is cheaper than free? :p But I respect their decission. Good samaritans could rephrase their statements like: "hey guys, a friend from Oman has paid me a visit here in my house and when recovering his profile I realized he owns wrc powerslide and he doesnt even like fckn racing; he told me he got it for free" XDD
Problem is people don't realize they're breaking rules when they ask that stuff, so they don't know how to ask. And free stuff brings all the lurkers out of the woodwork.

fuck ing mods. They closed down the other thread where people were discussing it too, so the discussion has already started leaking over here. By trying to enforce this one rule (which Skonson mentioned he doesn't even feel like it breaks the Xbox TOS) they are actually ruining threads.

EDIT: I take it back. Looks like they have reinstated the free content thread.

Guys... .... remember my Oman friend who paid me a visit... here... in my house? I'm playing with him "Dark" and "The testament of Sherlock Holmes" . The more you know!

Guys... .... remember my Oman friend who paid me a visit... here... in my house? I'm playing with him "Dark" and "The testament of Sherlock Holmes" . The more you know!
Damn, I hope your friend is still at your house when I get off work today. Since I'd love to have him over for some hummus and a reading of some of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's best known work.

I also won two. I tried it both ways for the hell of it. It accepted both of them, so you're good to go however way you choose to do it. When doing it from the website, it said to check your console to get your balance.
Thanks. I was on the fence for some of the expiring RHCP songs, but now that they'll be covered by these codes I'll definitely get them. I think after any song I'm on the fence about gets pulled I'll hate it if I didn't pull the trigger on the purchase.

What promotion is this that three different people each won these $2 codes from? It's not mentioned in the previous 100 posts (just the regional pricing talk).
Recently Harmonix had drawings for free Rock Band dlc. They actually gave $2.00 credit so you can choose any song you want.

The free content thread wasn't nuked. A new version was made that covers all countries and was stickied at the top of the free stuff forum. Things like how to use vpns or other ways of getting around blocks are the only talk not allowed.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318386-list-of-all-free-xbox-live-marketplace-content-20/
It was completely removed from CAG for most of yesterday, not sure when it came back, I just noticed it was back this morning.

I stopped by home to see if your friend was there. He was nice enough to let me download Dark. Sherlock Holmes however, appears to be region locked.

Any idea if the Saints Row 4 season pass includes an online pass?  Your friend from Oman let me download it so I could pick it up from GS this week used.

If I buy a season pass, is it linked to only my profile or can anyone on my Xbox access it?
The pass will be linked to your account. However the first console you download it to, anybody will be able to access it without having to be logged in. This is how it is for games at least, I would imagine the same would be true for this?

Sorry to go off topic: I noticed Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is currently one of the deals of the week.

I've read reports of folks not being able to save their games while playing. Is this a common problem for this title? I was thinking of buying it this afternoon but if it's problematic I'll pass.

Is something wrong with the marketplace? The support site says it's up and running but it's not letting me download BattleBlock Theatre. 

Sorry to go off topic: I noticed Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is currently one of the deals of the week.
I've read reports of folks not being able to save their games while playing. Is this a common problem for this title? I was thinking of buying it this afternoon but if it's problematic I'll pass.
I've never heard of this problem. I don't think you can save during a missions, that might be what people don't like.

I created an oman account and on my console it says that xbox live isn't available in my region. Did I do something wrong? Is WRC even still working?
Discussion of how one might go about circumventing any restraints in place to get content from a country other than their own... is currently against the rules!

The pass will be linked to your account. However the first console you download it to, anybody will be able to access it without having to be logged in. This is how it is for games at least, I would imagine the same would be true for this?
I can confirm if the season pass is downloaded on the Xbox, other users on the Xbox can access the season pass content. I have Saints Row the Third season pass and it works with profiles on the same Xbox. Nice.

I've never heard of this problem. I don't think you can save during a missions, that might be what people don't like.
The mission structure can be a little weird (and this is true of regular Far Cry 3 as well). Normally any open world content you do gets auto-saved, but if the game considers you to be currently on a mission (usually based on entering a certain zone on the map), the normal save rules don't apply and you will go back to your last mission checkpoint if you die, even if you made a bunch of progress doing open world stuff that wasn't related to the mission the game thinks you're on. You just need to be a little careful about what you're doing. I haven't heard of any actual technical problems with saving.

So MLB Nicktoons is actually really fun. Looks like this game is going to throw me past 300K.  :p

I love that Gir form Invader Zim is a commentator lol.

The mission structure can be a little weird (and this is true of regular Far Cry 3 as well). Normally any open world content you do gets auto-saved, but if the game considers you to be currently on a mission (usually based on entering a certain zone on the map), the normal save rules don't apply and you will go back to your last mission checkpoint if you die, even if you made a bunch of progress doing open world stuff that wasn't related to the mission the game thinks you're on. You just need to be a little careful about what you're doing. I haven't heard of any actual technical problems with saving.
This is good to know. I'll keep that in mind when I start up FC3 soon.

So MLB Nicktoons is actually really fun. Looks like this game is going to throw me past 300K. :p

I love that Gir form Invader Zim is a commentator lol.
The game is pretty fun if a bit shallow. Some basic things like in-game stats, to see how your players are doing, are curiously missing. I've definitely gotten my $3 worth from it even when it feels bare-bone. 4 more achievements and I can move on. :)

Yes to all 3 of those questions. The Behemoth features community levels every 1-2 weeks in their Furbottom's Features and you can unlock new special heads by either selecting or completing the levels depending on the week. They've made some fixes to the versus/arena games like preventing players from scoring on the side of the basket. Players unlocked more than grenades so you'll see people use fire or acid or sometimes the ice blower or fan. It depends. Co-op is also fun in all the modes. I do co-op campaign and arena with my friend online or nephew offline against bots since he's less experienced. There's lots of content.

I still need to buy FC3 BD, butI've been addicted to Diablo III all week.

Also, is it region free?....you know before I book a flight to Monaco.
Before you book your flight, how are you planning to bring your gold over for the trip? I know borrowing it for 2 days does not make me happy. What are my other options to feel as golden rich as the folks in Monaco?

Oh fuck this is the funniest thing I've ever seen on CAG

BTW my 250Gb Hard Drive is full. Any suggestions on what should I do?

I had a friend in Monaco who fell into a coma since yesterday, and has yet to wake up. 

do u guys think this drive will work well for 360 games?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Kingston-DataTraveler-Ultimate-G2-32-GB-USB-3.0-Flash-Drive/productID.253804200

3.0 speeds are good but idk if that means it will be fast on 2.0 as well. it seems a little bulky, but if it's too big nothing a little usb extender can't fix.
I wouldn't see why it wouldn't. Not a brand I've used myself, but with 3.0, the big thing to remember is that you'll only get what 2.0 can actually support. For example, if it's write / read speed was 32kb per sec and 2.0 could only support 16kb per sec, you would only get the 16kb regardless.

Note: I'm not sure what 2.0 actually can support off the top of my head. These are just random numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back