XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I understtood that Slingshot DLC for X-Com was only accessible when starting a new game. I've read on some forums that X-Com may have been patched to allow a game already in progress to play the slingshot missions. Anyone know whether that is the case?
Thanks.
It replaces the first council mission with one for the DLC, which you can skip for a regular council mission and do the DLC later. Anyways, unlikely if that was even patched to work with older saves that the patch would have made it to xbox. Start a new game.

Blarghhh.  I would totally bite on Infinite.  Twenty dollars is a magical price!  I just don't think I would get to it anytime soon.  GTA and all that...

Nobody asked yet but, even at the price of Free, stay away from Ascend: Hand of Kul.  I love Signal Studios but... can't escape the facts from beta testing it.

It's an interesting enough premise I guess.  I like that you are something more than human, a huge giant essentially compared to the game's humans and that you quickly discover that YOU are dwarfed in the world still.  And I liked the idea that it's an MMO but that player's can't interact directly.  This, it seems, would solve a lot of griefing problems.

Wrong.

I was not yet out of the "tutorial-ish" portion and some other players (Dark or Void, I was Light) were hanging around and still finding ways to harrass using Curses, and got me killed with no possible way for me to do anything about it.  Combine that with the fact that I was not yet into the real game even yet but already starting to get a bit bored anyways... and it resulted in me simply exiting and deleting my beta access and moving on to something better.

The game is going to have a lot of complaints and unhappy players, even for free (or because it's free even).  They would have been wiser to eliminate player interactions altogether and simply make it a battle of Void, Light, and Dark where the players can't interact or affect each other in any way.

So my take is stay away.  Their efforts to stop grieifing apparently only encouraged griefers to get more-creative in how they go about it before it was even out of beta.  I can't imagine how bad it'll be open to the actual public, being a free-to-play.

Nobody asked yet but, even at the price of Free, stay away from Ascend: Hand of Kul. I love Signal Studios but... can't escape the facts from beta testing it.

It's an interesting enough premise I guess. I like that you are something more than human, a huge giant essentially compared to the game's humans and that you quickly discover that YOU are dwarfed in the world still. And I liked the idea that it's an MMO but that player's can't interact directly. This, it seems, would solve a lot of griefing problems.

Wrong.

I was not yet out of the "tutorial-ish" portion and some other players (Dark or Void, I was Light) were hanging around and still finding ways to harrass using Curses, and got me killed with no possible way for me to do anything about it. Combine that with the fact that I was not yet into the real game even yet but already starting to get a bit bored anyways... and it resulted in me simply exiting and deleting my beta access and moving on to something better.

The game is going to have a lot of complaints and unhappy players, even for free (or because it's free even). They would have been wiser to eliminate player interactions altogether and simply make it a battle of Void, Light, and Dark where the players can't interact or affect each other in any way.

So my take is stay away. Their efforts to stop grieifing apparently only encouraged griefers to get more-creative in how they go about it before it was even out of beta. I can't imagine how bad it'll be open to the actual public, being a free-to-play.
I never had any issues like that, I really enjoyed my time with the beta and never ran into any griefing issues.

Nobody asked yet but, even at the price of Free, stay away from Ascend: Hand of Kul. I love Signal Studios but... can't escape the facts from beta testing it.
That wasn't my experience at all during the beta. I highly enjoyed it and would recommend that everyone at least try it out. The game is great, IMHO.

Anyone know when that free Ascend Souls Pack DLC from the Summer of Xbox will be available and would it be sent to your email or the dashboard? Thanks for the clarification.

I'm with Tyler and Eugaet. The game wasn't bad at all, was actually pretty fun. I didn't get grief'd too bad either.  You can interact directly, with curses. But those curses don't just auto kill you. Most curses revolve around sending NPCs into your realm to attack you.

The only thing I found at fault with the game was the speed at which items degraded and the cost to repair them. Be sure to save watch your gear and not over spend. You can easily end up with a broken weapon and no way to repair it. At which point, you do almost no damage with melee and have few choices to get your shit together.

Anyone know when that free Ascend Souls Pack DLC from the Summer of Xbox will be available and would it be sent to your email or the dashboard? Thanks for the clarification.

I got my code about a week ago in my email. You might want to contact Xbox support if you don't have it yet.

I also have to say I quite enjoyed the Beta of Ascend, and didn't run in any problems yet...it's kinda interesting that you only interact with others by using curses. Didn't know though that your items go bad that fast...but I only equipped the free stuff in the beginning anyway so nothing lost yet =P (and didn't die yet, so the free stuff is good enough in the beginning if you know how to play the game it seems)

Anyway I can only recommend playing it, it's a fun game and somewhat unusual to other games I played before...=)

I also played some Ascend before and felt it was really fun and only had good experiences so far, didn't have to spend any real money on it either

i have no complaints about throwing old games on GOD; i've still got a bunch of money to spend, although admittedly not much HD space. i'd get alpha protocol with some of that....if i hadn't picked it up on pc a few months ago for two dollars. but some games are good to have on the HD because they're good to play in spurts. i'd totally buy skate 3 and get rid of my disc if it got GOD'd bc that's a perfect example of a game i want to play on impulse for 5 minutes quite often vs having the disc i hardly ever touch.

i thought pacman dx+ was going to be a free update...it seems nothing changed except they added a whole stack of DLC? is any of it worth it? also saw motocross madness got new dlc today which i'm totally down for, one of the best xbla games IMO

Anybody else being asked to sign into their consoles again? All accounts on my console are being asked for email/password. Seems strange to me. Don't remember ever being asked unless it was to recover my account to a new Xbox.
Yup. They want me to have a backup but said that my text option wasn't confirmed even though I never got a text. Then i put in another email but the link I clicked said I couldn't access it because it was the wrong account so i couldn't confirm it. So like, every other time I go on my console I get that stupid prompt and there doesn't seem to be anything i can do about it. But like everyone else says, I just cancel out and go about playing. It's just tedious and annoying.

Ok, now I am starting to get worried. People told me not to worry as sales always suck during the Summer of Arcade promotion but were now a few weeks past that promotion and the sales still suck. I mean cmon, Borderlands and Bioshock 2 for the 10,000th time???  There are a TON of older Arcade titles that have never been put on sale, not to mention a ton of DLC that has yet to be put on sale and we get Borderlands and Bioshock again. It was just really nice to see MS improve on the sales front and its really depressing seeing them go right back to how they used to be. I just don't get it, especially now that were close to the XBox One launching. Oh well, another week another crap sale. 

By the way, the free game of the month deal is pretty much worthless if all they are going to have are games that are 3+ years old. There hasn't been a title yet that I didn't already own, a couple years ago. Don't get me wrong, I understand they cant have new games all the time but you have to have some newer titles mixed in every once in awhile. As is, its done absolutely nothing for me. 

Ok, now I am starting to get worried. People told me not to worry as sales always suck during the Summer of Arcade promotion but were now a few weeks past that promotion and the sales still suck. I mean cmon, Borderlands and Bioshock 2 for the 10,000th time??? There are a TON of older Arcade titles that have never been put on sale, not to mention a ton of DLC that has yet to be put on sale and we get Borderlands and Bioshock again. It was just really nice to see MS improve on the sales front and its really depressing seeing them go right back to how they used to be. I just don't get it, especially now that were close to the XBox One launching. Oh well, another week another crap sale.

By the way, the free game of the month deal is pretty much worthless if all they are going to have are games that are 3+ years old. There hasn't been a title yet that I didn't already own, a couple years ago. Don't get me wrong, I understand they cant have new games all the time but you have to have some newer titles mixed in every once in awhile. As is, its done absolutely nothing for me.
Last week was terrible, but the two weeks before that were pretty good. I spend probably $25 or so on sales games those two weeks. This week isn't great but there's some good first time discounts and good prices (such as the Tiny Tina DLC and Infinite for $20, Borderlands 2 for $15, and Bioshock for $10). Next week isn't awful with Terraria and Zeno Clash 2 going half off for the first time (I'm very surprised Terraria is getting a 1/2 off sale this soon, I'm sure it sold very well).

A lot of it depends on what you're looking for. They rarely put really old games on sale, and even though many of us here would like them too, they must not think they will be big sellers.

I'm not going to defend the Games with Gold promo though. While I not going to complain about "free" games, the actual lineup has been underwhelming. But I do think Clash of Heroes is probably the best and most valuable game they've given yet.

Ok, now I am starting to get worried. People told me not to worry as sales always suck during the Summer of Arcade promotion but were now a few weeks past that promotion and the sales still suck. I mean cmon, Borderlands and Bioshock 2 for the 10,000th time??? There are a TON of older Arcade titles that have never been put on sale, not to mention a ton of DLC that has yet to be put on sale and we get Borderlands and Bioshock again. It was just really nice to see MS improve on the sales front and its really depressing seeing them go right back to how they used to be. I just don't get it, especially now that were close to the XBox One launching. Oh well, another week another crap sale.

What. It's not even been a month since SoA ended. Far Cry: BD and CoJ: Gunslinger going on sale for half off after barely being out four months weren't good enough for you? The Behemoth and and WB sales weren't super but they put plenty of content on sale for the first time. Next week's sales are new as well, so relax.

So much fail in one post. The sales the past couple of weeks have been pretty good... CoJ:GS, FC:BD... Seriously - half off of new games isn't good enough???? Bioshock Infinite this week for as cheap as it's been ANYWHERE??? That's no good? Seriously. Your indignance is misplaced. There has been some pretty good sales on some rather new games since SoA.

Were you paying for XBL before the free games? Did you join JUST for the free games? If you didn't, then STFU. Just don't download them. If you did, you're an idiot. You should have known these would be old games. I just hit download for the license and then stop the download. I haven't played any yet, but I'm not bitching because I've been a member for 11 years. It's not like the free games were ever a consideration in me joining XBL. Geez. So much entitlement, so little intelligence these days in the world.

So much disrespect in this thread since my last post a week ago. Oh well, I'll go back to gta...

Thanks Tyler and Cornelius for updating ;)

Since everyone is bitching all the time about Games wtih Gold on Major Nelsons Blog...found an interesting article to this: http://www.oxm.co.uk/62695/microsoft-defends-free-xbox-games-with-gold-weve-got-some-great-games-coming-up/
Quotes:

"Getting free games is always fantastic, and they're great classic games, triple-A-rated games."

Yup. Magic the Gathering...definitely AAA material there... /sarc

"Microsoft's Larry Hryb has apologised for the disappointment over Defense Grid in particular."

My friends and I had a blast with this game. Guess tower defense isn't for everyone. One of my favorite GoGs.

I don't really understand how someone could be disappointed with Games with Gold. Everyone seemed to think that Live Gold was worth paying for before, when we were getting zero free games. Now we're getting some free games, and even if they're not particularly amazing or recent, some free games has to be better than zero free games, right?

I don't really understand how someone could be disappointed with Games with Gold. Everyone seemed to think that Live Gold was worth paying for before, when we were getting zero free games. Now we're getting some free games, and even if they're not particularly amazing or recent, some free games has to be better than zero free games, right?
Not really. For starters, people will always get mad if a company touts something and then doesn't deliver on their perceived promises. So they made the announcement and then underwhelmed everybody. Secondly, not everyone believes Gold is worth it, especially at full price. This thread was always full of people saying that. Third, a lot of people felt this was an answer to PS+. That probably isn't fair but perception of it is all that matters. And put up against PS+, Games 4 Gold is god awful.

People are disappointed because so far it has been disappointing for a lot of them and it's totally their right to feel that way.

Oh I would never argue that Games with Gold by itself is a reason to subscribe to Live Gold, or to purchase an Xbox 360 over a PS3. That's neither here nor there.

I guess I don't see the difference between what was "touted" and what was delivered. They promised free games, specifically Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2. They delivered free games, including AC2 and other titles, with Halo 3 presumably coming before the end of the year.

I certainly don't remember Major Nelson or anyone else promising particularly recent and valuable games, or that Games with Gold was meant to rival Instant Game Collection, which it doesn't.

It's just a bonus over and on top of what we were already getting for our Gold subscription fee. If Gold wasn't worth it to you before, I wouldn't expect GWG to change that, but it's not like it makes Gold any less worthwhile.

Quotes:

"Microsoft's Larry Hryb has apologised for the disappointment over Defense Grid in particular."

My friends and I had a blast with this game. Guess tower defense isn't for everyone. One of my favorite GoGs.
It wasn't actually Defense Grid that Major Nelson apologized for. He apologized to those who thought Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed II were going to be the first GWG released. Defense Grid just happened to be the game that came out instead. That article is mischaracterizing the apology.

The reason he explicitly apologized for that game was because people and video game media outlets understood "This program will include games like Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2" to mean "The next two games in this program will be Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2" and nobody at Microsoft noticed or bothered to correct this miscommunication. So when they announced Defense Grid was going to be the next game available, everyone freaked out since they were expecting Halo 3 or AC2.

EDIT: Beat by DeadofNight

Geez. So much entitlement, so little intelligence these days in the world.
Why do YOU feel entitled to give that guy crap and tell him to STFU over his opinion?

Pot calling kettle black much?

You don't agree with his opinon, fine. But don't come on here spewing hidden political agenda's and giving people crap just because they have a different opinion than you.

That article with Major Nelson said Banjo Kazooie was released. I don't recall that being a free game and was that released in the UK or simply foreshadowing?

"To date, Microsoft has given away Crackdown, Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Shadowrun, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, Rainbow Six Vegas, Defense Grid: The Awakening, Fable 3 and Assassin's Creed 2."

That article with Major Nelson said Banjo Kazooie was released. I don't recall that being a free game and was that released in the UK or simply foreshadowing?

"To date, Microsoft has given away Crackdown, Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Shadowrun, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, Rainbow Six Vegas, Defense Grid: The Awakening, Fable 3 and Assassin's Creed 2."
It's the current free game in South Africa

First world problems, you has them !
Wow, never heard that one before, lol. Everything in this entire website is first world. Do you honestly believe people in 2nd or 3rd world countries are coming here, shopping around online for the cheapest place they can buy video games? If you want to listen to 2nd and 3rd world problems then don't come to CAG.

First world problems, lol. Can a statement possibly get any more stale?

I'm not going to defend the Games with Gold promo though. While I not going to complain about "free" games, the actual lineup has been underwhelming. But I do think Clash of Heroes is probably the best and most valuable game they've given yet.
For me the most valuable is Dead Rising 2, by far. And I don't even want to play it.

Last week was terrible, but the two weeks before that were pretty good. I spend probably $25 or so on sales games those two weeks. This week isn't great but there's some good first time discounts and good prices (such as the Tiny Tina DLC and Infinite for $20, Borderlands 2 for $15, and Bioshock for $10). Next week isn't awful with Terraria and Zeno Clash 2 going half off for the first time (I'm very surprised Terraria is getting a 1/2 off sale this soon, I'm sure it sold very well).

A lot of it depends on what you're looking for. They rarely put really old games on sale, and even though many of us here would like them too, they must not think they will be big sellers.

I have to disagree. Its not that the prices are bad, its that the content has been up a thousands time before. I cant even estimate how many times I have seen Borderlands and Bioshock content in the weekly sales. Again, there is a ton of content that has never been on sale and we get this Borderlands Bioshock crap on a bi monthly basis. MS just had a Borderlands 2 sale just before the Summer of Arcade. There hasn't been a good sale in months and the free game choices have been a joke, games that came out 4+ years ago that can be purchased for 10 bucks brand new.

Again, I understand that they cant give away newer games all the time (well they could if they wanted too but I understand why they dont) but a newer title every once in awhile would be nice. As is, the free games program has been a HUGE letdown thus far. Actually HUGE is a massive understatement in my book. Sales have easily been one of the biggest weaknesses of the 360, during its entire lifespan. MS made serious improvements over the last year but now it appears to be going back to how it used to be. I am an avid XBox supporter so it pains me to say this but sales and free games is one area where Sony and the PS3 destroy MS and the 360. If MS wants to compete on this front, they need to do a lot better than what we have seen this generation. They have had some good sales here and there but for every good sale they have there are like 5-6 that totally suck.

When did we get Shadowrun???

So much fail in one post. The sales the past couple of weeks have been pretty good... CoJ:GS, FC:BD... Seriously - half off of new games isn't good enough???? Bioshock Infinite this week for as cheap as it's been ANYWHERE??? That's no good? Seriously. Your indignance is misplaced. There has been some pretty good sales on some rather new games since SoA.

Were you paying for XBL before the free games? Did you join JUST for the free games? If you didn't, then STFU. Just don't download them. If you did, you're an idiot. You should have known these would be old games. I just hit download for the license and then stop the download. I haven't played any yet, but I'm not bitching because I've been a member for 11 years. It's not like the free games were ever a consideration in me joining XBL. Geez. So much entitlement, so little intelligence these days in the world.
Telling me to STFU, now that is funny. There is nothing more comical than internet tough guys. I will post whatever I want whenever I want and nothing you can say or do will ever change that so why don't you go flex your internet muscles somewhere else.

As for the rest of your post, there isn't anything even worthy of a responce. It just looks like a 12 year old's temper tantrum.

Is there anything I'd be missing (besides the physical box and disc) by buying the GoD Bioshock Infiniteinstead of just the physical game like an oneline pass or any kind of extra content ? Getting offly tempted to pick it up finally.

For me the most valuable is Dead Rising 2, by far. And I don't even want to play it.
Agreed. because even though I had beat it, its' the only game I have on my hard drive because i might just throw it on and kill some zombies for fun. Another good choice would be like someone mentioned Skate or a fighting game. Something that can sit there and just be picked up when you are in the mood. Rainbow Six and Defense Grid i didn't even bother downloading.

It's still in beta. They'll probably fix it if it's that bad.
No it launched public today according to MajorNelson. That's why I posted on it.

My experience with it was the final few days of beta, for the record. That's why I felt like commenting on it. Maybe my experience was so bad because it was so late in the beta and had more bad apples. Getting ambushed by 3 or 4 guys Cursing you at once while you're still in Tutorial mode is not the way to introduce players to the game. They need to disable that while you're in Tutorial still.

I'm not going to argue with anyone, not out to do so. Just wanted to convey my disappointment with it. I have respect for Signal Studios and I guess I expected my experience to be better, there were elements not well thought-out.

YMMV. I'm not normally an RPGers, let alone an MMORPGers, I have done my share of MMORPGs though, including testing them.

I like Torchlight a lot more than Diablo III though so... I may possess a viewpoint off the curve.

Just logged on and it said my console was banned, nothing about my gamertag.

All i got in on was the oman deals and rayman so beware.

On a side note my son is stoked he just got a 360, getting my popcorn ready this is gonna cause a shitstorm on the internet

I got banned too and I also only downloaded rayman luckily it was only console my account seems fine its just going to be a bitch to transfer all my game saves via USB flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back