XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BudzMcGee']This is making me wish there was a demo. I haven't played any of the old RE games, so I have even less of an idea what to expect.[/QUOTE]
Played silent hill?

Man, I finally won a scratch and match and my winning prize is Fierce Moves: Super Ninja Training for my avatar lol wtf?! At least i finally won after about 100 tries.

I wish that capcom had never changed Resident Evil. IMO, the only good game since Code Veronica was ORC. I can't stand 4 and can barely tolerate 5.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']I wish that capcom had never changed Resident Evil. IMO, the only good game since Code Veronica was ORC. I can't stand 4 and can barely tolerate 5.[/QUOTE]

Now that is a very unpopular opinion. You can't stand RE4, yet you think ORC was good?

[quote name='MagmaOasis']I wish that capcom had never changed Resident Evil. IMO, the only good game since Code Veronica was ORC. I can't stand 4 and can barely tolerate 5.[/QUOTE]
I liked ORC but it wasn't better than 4 or 5
[quote name='krashhole']Which should I get, RE:4 or RE:Code Veronica?[/QUOTE]

both

lol you cannot be serious....RE4 is a well polished and well done game even if you dont like it that game is still very well done and holds up really well. ORC is just one giant turd of a game that is broken at every corner.

Man, between this thread and the other one dedicated to the GoD sale, I'm having a hard time keeping up...Good thing I spend a lot of time on the toilet, but too bad there isn't a #usefulpost tag to filter out the garbage...

Skulls of the Shogun is already down to 800 points.

Also looks like tomorrow is Call of Duty for the GOD sales.
Black Ops is 1600.
MW3 is 2400.
MW/MW/WaW are 800 but WaW is already back to full price.
Black Ops II is 4000.

[quote name='ooga']Buy El Shaddai ;)[/QUOTE]I almost did for that price! lol

Anyone know what time the daily sales end? I'd like to get RE:4 as well, but won't have the funds until after midnight.

[quote name='krashhole']Anyone know what time the daily sales end? I'd like to get RE:4 as well, but won't have the funds until after midnight.[/QUOTE]
They've been lasting until the following morning. I don't think the Halo games went back up until after noon (Eastern) yesterday, and about the same for Assassin's Creed today.

[quote name='Barry Burton']did i send you a private message or your boyfriend mitchyyyyyy mitchyyyyyy[/QUOTE]

That's your comeback? Only serves to prove my opinion about you.

Anyway, nothing for me with the COD sale.

[quote name='ooga']Buy El Shaddai ;)[/QUOTE]

Is it any good?

I know it's only $3 and I've downloaded the demo, but I have yet to play it.

If it's good (and I don't get anything else that's on my list), I'll probably end up getting this and Dirt 2 (which is also $3 here in Canada).

P.S. Tomorrow's sale is CoD with a few decent prices and surprisingly Skulls of the Shogun just went on sale as well (didn't it come out like literally last month?)

[quote name='Masters_93']Is it any good?

If it's good (and I don't get anything else that's on my list), I'll probably end up getting this and Dirt 2 (which is also $3 here in Canada).

P.S. Tomorrow's sale is CoD with a few decent prices and surprisingly Skulls of the Shogun just went on sale as well (didn't it come out like literally last month?)[/QUOTE]I thought El Shaddai was a good game. The graphics are amazing and the music is relaxing. It's without a doubt worth the 240 points.

From XBLDB...

Full Game - Skulls of the Shogun™ - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 33% off - xbldb
Call of Duty® 3 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty® 2 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: World at War - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 - 2400 MSP ($30.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: Black Ops - 1600 MSP ($20.00) - 60% off - xbldb
Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare® - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 67% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - 4000 MSP ($50.00) - 17% off - xbldb

What are the chances of RE4 ever being less than $9.99? Say $4.99?

Just purchased Code Veronica X. Haven't played since the Dreamcast. See what these extras are.

[quote name='Tsel']Skulls of the Shogun is already down to 800 points[/QUOTE]
That's about as much of a surprise as Boba Fett being my favorite Star Wars PFX2 table. I'll be expecting a sale @ 400 points shortly before summer, then I'll be all over it.

Speaking of that, here are some new custom PFX2 covers I made with my sweet MS Paint skills:

PinballFX2StarWars800_zpsb5705fe4.jpg
PinballFX2CivilWar_zps5fc5405f.jpg

I would hope I'm not the only one with a JPG catalog of all of my games/music/movies...

[quote name='Gore']What are the chances of RE4 ever being less than $9.99? Say $4.99?

Just purchased Code Veronica X. Haven't played since the Dreamcast. See what these extras are.[/QUOTE]

No chance IMO.

[quote name='Masters_93']Is it any good?

P.S. Tomorrow's sale is CoD with a few decent prices and surprisingly Skulls of the Shogun just went on sale as well (didn't it come out like literally last month?)[/QUOTE]

unless its been purged but in the 90-96 page range of the thread are countless opinions on that question of el shaddia which i will summarize as its a damn fine game at 3 dollars

[quote name='seppuku']From XBLDB...

Full Game - Skulls of the Shogun™ - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 33% off - xbldb
Call of Duty® 3 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty® 2 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: World at War - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 - 2400 MSP ($30.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: Black Ops - 1600 MSP ($20.00) - 60% off - xbldb
Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare® - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 67% off - xbldb
Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - 4000 MSP ($50.00) - 17% off - xbldb[/QUOTE]

thanks

although i really have to say COD4 and lower should be 5 dollars and under i mean really come on. theres no reason for those games as downloads should be holding that price for that long. id love to try some of the older ones just because but not for 10 dollars.

I feel for $10 I could pick up preowned copies of most of the earlier COD games.

I picked up COD3 GOTY for $4 preowned not too long ago.

[quote name='kayne2000']unless its been purged but in the 90-96 page range of the thread are countless opinions on that question of el shaddia which i will summarize as its a damn fine game at 3 dollars

thanks

although i really have to say COD4 and lower should be 5 dollars and under i mean really come on. theres no reason for those games as downloads should be holding that price for that long. id love to try some of the older ones just because but not for 10 dollars.[/QUOTE]

I agree but they will sell at 800 points no problem so doesn't really make sense to make them 400. Can't even tell you how many people I know who only play COD/shooter games and wouldn't even consider any other genre.

[quote name='emwearz']Call of Duty: Black Ops is $2.95 on the Aussie Marketplace.
GET ON IT![/QUOTE]

Damn. Too bad im in the US, I would buy that for $3.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']The msp I buy from amazon are only for US use only, while bing points are non regional?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that Bing Points work on my AU account.

[quote name='emwearz']I can confirm that Bing Points work on my AU account.[/QUOTE]

so, is the only way to get in on foreign prices-bing points? (aside from living there) you cannot add paypal (us customer) to your xbla aussie account?

me wantee - bing hoarders id trade halo reach anniv. map pack for the 240. its all i have to trade!

It is listed at 480MSP.

I use Paypal on my account to purchase games, but I am not sure if they would check if your account is of the same region.

I purchased The Walking Dead (which was banned here) on a US account and play it on my AU account, but I can not say if it would work with Black Ops, but don't see why not.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']I agree but they will sell at 800 points no problem so doesn't really make sense to make them 400. Can't even tell you how many people I know who only play COD/shooter games and wouldn't even consider any other genre.[/QUOTE]

sadly i agree and know some of those people but my main point is how the hell do COD games hold their value so well. they are like nintendo games in that regard and its annoying

and this is a sale i was hoping for the 75% off mark on most games.

These sales really make me appreciate physical copies and their fantastic complete editions.

Although I would be lieing if didn't say I'm not interested in some games, Dirt 2, Dark Messiah and perhaps Bioshock. Those are good deals.

Todays deal just make me think....*sigh* i miss COD4. Those were fun times.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So I can create a fake AU account, buy Black Ops with my Bing points, and then play it on my normal US account?[/QUOTE]

Sadly it's IP-locked - you'll need a VPN as well.

You can buy the games via a proxy but if the game can be restricted in two ways. Your IP address (location of internet connection) and your version of xbox. I was under the impression that australian xbox's and games were all PAL format while the US is NTSC so this wouldn't work.

I tried to buy CVX off the hungarian marketplace but even though it didn't care about my ip location, the game itself was PAL and could only be purchased through a PAL xbox (usually european).

And the COD sale is sad. Those older games should be 5 by now. They've already been on sale for 10 before (referring to COD2/3...)Oh well...guess I'll go ahead and grab RE5 while I'm at it since I don't have to worry about harddrive space being eaten up by COD games....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back