XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't put it in my top five, but I enjoyed Alan Wake very much. I bought American Nightmare the minute it first went on sale...but in my backlog its sat.

On the off topic of Fez, I started playing through it myself in an attempt to throw my hat into that Raptr contest, but as atmospheric as the music is and as clever as the gameplay is, navigating the game world has become quite tedious. My interest has definitely waned....But in all fairness, it seems with many games I'd be better off just playing through the demo a couple times rather than buying the full game.

[quote name='Althax']I know I'm in the minority for hating on this game but I can't help it! I wanted it to be good. I wanted to like it. I tried to like it. But there were too many aweful names and inuendos in the game writing itself. Darkness Falls, Night Springs, etc. etc. etc. the final straw was Rose Marigold. I was so disgusted by that one that I felt intellectually assaulted.

All that really turned me off to what the game was. It was such bad writing that it pulled me out of any imersion in the game. Add in the repetitive enemy encounters and I checked out of the game mentally. The rest of it was going through the motions just to get to the end.

I understand why people like it on some level, but whatever pulled people into that game didn't work on me at all. I was repulsed by the horrific writing. But even understanding what the game was about and why some liked it, I still can't see how anyone would put it on a top 5 or must play list.

Different strokes indeed and dont let me be the only voice in your decision but I felt that I had to offer a dissenting view to all the gushing on it. I recommend reading a few reviews if there isn't a demo to try first.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you didn't like about the writing. The fact that it uses sort of lame names for people and places? If that was the case I don't see how you could like most works of fiction, I mean Peter Parker, Tony Stark, Johnny Blaze, Luke Cage, Sherlock Holmes, Major Major of Catch-22, Lolita, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Dr Strange, Flash Gordon. Horrendous names. If I couldn't play a game because of names I would give up on everything. I mean Gotham City or Metropolis? What kind of names are that? Harley Quinn? Two-Face? Are you kidding me? Killer Croc? WTF!? But look at Remedy's history. Max Payne 1 & 2 are brilliant games. But really, a game with a character named Max Payne who is addicted to painkillers!? And another character named Mona Sax?! According to your logic you'd skip those games based on just the names alone and that's a shame.

But in terms of the aspects of the writing that you found perhaps weak or cheesy. I think that's meant to be part in parcel of the fact that the game is taking place as per something that Alan is writing and he's a writer of "Stephen King"-esque proportions, so he's not a pulitzer prize or booker prize winning novelist, he's more of a pulp horror writer. So the conceit is that
you are in one of his stories, imagined by him and with all the tropes of his writing.
I thought the writing was brilliant, engaging and cohesive in the way that the world was built and the characters were brought together. There were a few slight things that bothered me. The typical New York "Jewish" character Barry being played up to a certain stereotype, but then again we're in a story full of archetypes and in some ways it's not a polished edited work of fiction, it's something that
Alan has written in a week's time
and so there is so much of it that is incoherent, but it works so well. I think Remedy did such a brilliant job of marrying David Lynch, Stephen King and Rod Serling's writing styles. I literally couldn't put it down.

As per the gameplay, is it repetitive? Yes, but it also varies. Enemy types differ, situations differ as you begin to wonder at times if you're meant to run to the next lamp for safety or fight it out to get a manuscript or some extra ammo. Often they switch things up by removing your weapons and forcing you to fight with just your flashlight. They also have some amazing boss battles. I am just playing through Max Payne 3 and loving it, as it's similar, great story, great characters and almost identical gameplay. And both games are repetitive in terms of combat. But the combat itself is exhilarating. I found every encounter a challenge, especially as I tried my best to add further encounters by looking for chests and manuscript pages. I didn't need a skill tree or new weapons, though there are a few that come your way weapon-wise. I just loved the combat and how tense it could be. It was such a nice change of pace from the take cover behind a chest high wall and take pot-shots at something until it dies. That level of combat I find so boring these days, which is why Gears of War 3 was such a horrible grind for me to finish that trilogy. But beyond the combat I loved indulging in every part of the world. It is such a fully realized world with lots of little foreshadowing and things that you can see and hear like in Metro 2033 that just bring you into the world.

I want to give Remedy credit for being one of the few developers of this generation to go for a simplified gameplay without the worry of being repetitive. I am playing Portal 2 finally, and just hit chapter 6 and I'm so bored by all this new goo stuff that Valve included in the sequel. A lot of developers believe that your game needs to throw new mechanics at the player every few hours or we get bored. I just feel like Valve didn't believe and trust enough in the mechanics that made Portal 1 such a masterpiece and now they have to throw in one conceit after a next. And for the first 4 hours of the game I couldn't put it down, but now I might be done with it. All I want are interesting puzzles not new mechanics. Especially when the portal mechanic is such a strong one to begin with. So yes is Alan Wake repetitive? Of course. In the same way that any good game is repetitive. Any beat-em up, any fighting game, any puzzle game, they are all repetitive. Plants vs. Zombies is repetition after repetition with a few variations, but the gameplay is so solid that I want to come back and repeat it. And thankfully Remedy didn't muck around and through new mechanics at me every level. They kept it simple. Hopefully they won't throw the kitchen sink at the game mechanics for the sequel. Believing and trusting in a few solid mechanics is a much better strategy.

And like Max Payne 3, I have to say that I loved the quiet moments when you were outside of combat, during the daytime. The radio shows and the episodes of Night Springs were brilliant too and added to everything.

And visually it's one of the better looking games of this generation, especially in terms of how far they take some of the gameplay. The twisting cabin in the second DLC is one of the most brilliant moments I've ever experienced in any media. And I thought that Remedy was doing something that only could be done in a videogame and it was something that I hadn't experienced in a videogame before. That alone was worth the price of admission to the DLC for me.

I highly highly recommend the game. It's my favorite Xbox 360 game by far. It's a good length. I loved the game being split into chapters. And the DLC is great. I just wish they used the mechanic of bringing words to life through the flashlight a bit more in the actual game rather than leaving it to the DLC, as it's such a poetic mechanic that really makes the game a standout. It's really cool when you are bringing levels to life by shining your flashlight on words.

As someone who writes, I really really felt this game was speaking to me. And I can't wait for a sequel. Yes, there is some corniness, but you have to understand that that's part of the genre, especially the literary genre. You're basically in a Rod Serling-era Twilight Zone episode, directed by David Lynch and written by Stephen King. That's the game. If that doesn't make you want to buy it then you really really really needed to be hugged more as a kid.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']. My biggest XBLA purchase regret is without question Bastion, and I even picked it up on sale. I would turn over my ownership rights to it for a mere percentage of MSP back. I find it uninspired, monotonous, and downright tedious to try and force myself through. The narrator is the only unique aspect to the game and he does nothing for me as well. Theres always going to be games that just don't click for some of us.[/QUOTE]

I still haven't finished Bastion. For all its praise I just couldn't get past the fact that I don't give a damn about the world and setting. It reminds me a bit of Zeno Clash in that the art is lovely but none of it makes sense and the whole thing falls apart for me. I also found it much harder to control with a gamepad than a keyboard and mouse (picked it up as well as a Humble Bundle deal and played it there too). I don't hate the game but I agree, beyond the visuals and the narrator it doesn't have enough going for it to really make me come back to it and feel a need to save the world of the Bastion. I keep thinking of The Neverending Story, for some reason that's a world that makes little sense but because of its strong characters I feel invested in it. Bastion doesn't have any of that. And I guess for me story is more important than gameplay (I love Deadly Premonition for this reason because the setting and characters are so amazing even though the gameplay is horrible).

Add me to the list of people waiting for a Mass Effect 3 DLC sale. I've been waiting and waiting for a sale on Omega and Citadel, and still nothing after all this time.

And I absolutely LOVED Alan Wake. It's one of my top 10 favorite games ever.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Add me to the list of people waiting for a Mass Effect 3 DLC sale. I've been waiting and waiting for a sale on Omega and Citadel, and still nothing after all this time.

And I absolutely LOVED Alan Wake. It's one of my top 10 favorite games ever.[/QUOTE]

Same been waiting for ages. :(

So I never got around to Alan Wake but always wanted to play it. Does everyone think $12.99 used is a great price for it?

I'll chime in and say that I'm waiting for a Mass Effect 3 DLC sale and that I loved Alan Wake as well. That is all. Valuable input, right?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yes it is. I'm about half way through the game.

Also, I just found out that my $20 Amazon Video Game promotion from the trade-in deal a few weeks ago works on physical MSP cards, though it doesn't work on Online Codes. But I ordered a 1600 MSP card using it because this sale will make me use up my last Target Black Friday card. :)[/QUOTE]

I was looking forward to Pid then I played the trial and that game is damn hard. I'll have to think long and hard on that to see if it's worth 400 MSP for me. I don't want another Spelunky where I'm stuck and can't progress even though I enjoy that game.

Speaking of that Amazon promo, they rejected my trade-in so I'm pretty pissed about that. I got the Songbird edition of Bioshock Infinite from GameStop since BBY was sold out and forgot to cancel my Premium edition pre-order from BBY. I decided to keep it for the $20 reward certificate and just sell the extra copy on eBay or something. Then that Amazon promo would have gotten me $75 credit so I sent it in and they rejected it for no good reason. I literally just took off the plastic wrap and sent it in. I'll have to see if I can still sell it close to what I paid. Such a headache.

[quote name='Zonic505']Upcoming deals & content blog is up.[/QUOTE]

As for the rest of the sale I'll probably bite on PQ Galactrix since I also passed at 800 MSP and I'm definitely in for Rocketbowl at 200 because I enjoyed the trial and was tempted at 400.

If anyone wants to play Texas Cheat'em multiplayer I have it. I won a copy when it came out and played a little bit but it's in the backlog.

Otherwise I'm glad I stocked up on points because all the Dance Central tracks will be mine! (Actually, I may not have enough points, but I'll get the marathon packs that I'm missing from DC2/3 which will drain all my points. Yay!)

[quote name='dirtyvu']OMG! Just finished Ghost Recon Future Soldier and the DLC is about to go on sale!!!! yaya!

read good reviews about raven strike. any input on the other GRFS DLC?[/QUOTE]

How long was the campaign? I'm thinking of starting it. Since I haven't played it yet I'm unsure about getting the DLC too.

[quote name='simmias']Wow, all you Alan Wake haters need to put that in your sig so I know never to trust a game recommendation from you.[/QUOTE]

LOL! I was going to write a love story to the game to combat all the hate but I see other lovers have written enough such as skonson. I still have the Collector's Edition of it and it's one of my favorites based on presentation and of course the game itself.

i see the op hasn't mentioned all the new sales.... even though some of you guys seem to know what's up....

here is a lazy preview of what's to come..

1610761-9277ZKH.png

[quote name='locolukah']I loved Alan Wake, but I hated American Nightmare for what its worth.[/QUOTE]

Initially, I loved American Nightmare. I thought it going to be more of what I loved and I did love it for the first hour or so. I won't spoil it, but those who have played and beat it will know why I was straight-up sick of it by the time I beat it.

Another couple of things to remember with Alan Wake in terms of the GOD version.

A: as I recall the GOD version did not come with The Signal DLC as only retail versions came with that. So if you do buy the GOD version please expect to have to buy the first DLC. (I highly recommend both DLCs - they aren't the best thing ever, but they have some of the most immersive, thrilling and crazy-ass gameplay that shows you just what videogames can do and only do as opposed to other types of media.)

B: I don't know if other people found this to be true, but I played AW on two different Xbox machines (an early white one and a black slim) and on both machines I played it on the Alan Wake disc ran about as loud as a gas lawnmower and so I needed to do an install anyways. It's about 6.3 gb and each DLC is about 400mb or so from what I recall. So if you are thinking about grabbing it on disc to conserve HD space, be aware that you will likely want to install it anyways. The sound in the game is fantastic btw and would be spoiled by the sound of your DVD tray in motion.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Same been waiting for ages. :(

So I never got around to Alan Wake but always wanted to play it. Does everyone think $12.99 used is a great price for it?[/QUOTE]

It's ok I guess. I think you can get download codes on ebay for about $7. But I'd wait for tomorrow and see what the GoD version ends up costing

[quote name='Cleaner7']I was looking forward to Pid then I played the trial and that game is damn hard. I'll have to think long and hard on that to see if it's worth 400 MSP for me. I don't want another Spelunky where I'm stuck and can't progress even though I enjoy that game.

Speaking of that Amazon promo, they rejected my trade-in so I'm pretty pissed about that. I got the Songbird edition of Bioshock Infinite from GameStop since BBY was sold out and forgot to cancel my Premium edition pre-order from BBY. I decided to keep it for the $20 reward certificate and just sell the extra copy on eBay or something. Then that Amazon promo would have gotten me $75 credit so I sent it in and they rejected it for no good reason. I literally just took off the plastic wrap and sent it in. I'll have to see if I can still sell it close to what I paid. Such a headache.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is ridiculous. I got lucky that my $20 bonus credit went through, but I've heard several horror stories very similar to yours. OT Story so I'll spoiler it.
I bought Sly 4 off Amazon for $30 and immediately locked in the trade in value of $21.35 + that $20 promo. I got the game, opened it, plugged it into my PS3 so I could claim the Vita version, then sent it right back out. Luckily they accepted mine, otherwise I would have been extremely pissed and had a headache on my hands of how to get the most out of my Sly 4 PS3 copy that I didn't want.

[quote name='canvasch']i see the op hasn't mentioned all the new sales.... even though some of you guys seem to know what's up....

here is a lazy preview of what's to come..

1610761-9277ZKH.png
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this is a joke?

I posted pretty much that exact image to the OP this morning, even with a very similar headline of "Lazy Man Version". I forgot to include the Alan Wake info though, because I wasn't thinking when I copy and pasted the image.

[quote name='Zonic505']Upcoming deals & content blog is up.[/QUOTE]

Amazing, Xbox 360 CAGs should take the time to applaud Major Nelson for actually getting information out on discounts ahead of time. It allows the diligent deal seekers to plan ahead with their money. He should be encouraged to continue to do this, opposed to giving 1 week of after-the-fact notice and one actual preview week for deals.

I've abstained from purchasing anything from the Xbox marketplace the last few weeks due to the lack of discounted items I want. Now I know this coming week doesn't offer much for me, because I already own Bangai-o (based on pure nostalgia I have for the N64 and Dreamcast versions), Puzzle Quest (1, original has more appealing character to me and doesn't overstay its welcome, which are positives that overshadows the theoretically more mechanically sound sequels), and everything Alan Wake (still in my backlog, given the discounted prices I paid for the games and DLC, it will be worth it for me to chime in on how I feel about it).

[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha it's kinda funny that E.Nich would choose that game to vent about. He's right, it totally sucks when they delist games without prior notice, but Outrun is pretty much the only one I remember that they actually did give prior notice about.[/QUOTE]

Wait! We can choose which games to vent about?! Oh man, I gotta get in on that. You know what grinds my gears? Tiger Woods PGA Tour. There, I said it. That is all.

In all honesty, I have never played one of those games =P. Anyway, Outrun Online Arcade was one of the few XBLA delistings which had a proper sendoff: ample warning time with discounts prior to delisting. I had not noticed titles on GonD also get the delisting action as well until MWB pointed it out earlier on the thread. This reinforces my preference for owning games on a physical medium over a digital release, one day in the future I can still pop the game back in and play. Less concerns with delistings (recalls? revisions?), tomorrow's new console reveal best cater to me that way too.

In recognition of tomorrow's reveal of a new Xbox, I decided to try to knock off an old Xbox 360 launch title from my backlog. Like Outrun Online Arcade, I find Ridge Racer 6 quite an enjoyable driving game at least for the early goings (but less colorful than Outrun Online Arcade). The only other Ridge Racer game I've played prior was R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, which at this point is better for me because it was such a chill game, listening to its great soundtrack, being in the flow of zen gaming at late nights with its JogCon controller. I know I can stream that soundtrack from my computer to the 360 (or rip the CDs to the system, but I lack 360 storage space), but I noticed 5 pieces of DLC for Ridge Racer 6 which are songs titled similar to ones from the R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 soundtrack; does anyone know if these are new specially remixed versions made specifically for Ridge Racer 6, or are they exactly the same songs from the original? I don't believe I've seen any sale ever offer an 80MSP DLC for less, and the 5 DLC songs [18: Motor Species (remix), 23: Naked Glow, 24: Your Vibe, 25: Move Me, 26: Movin' in Circles] would at this time be a major step up from the songs the base game has (I've only learned to appreciate a few, but none are up to the level of the R4 soundtrack). I really need a DLC reward offer to go with these purchases, if I were to impulse buy them without knowing. My Google searches do not yield any answers so I'm hoping someone else here can tell me before I make a bad decision (with Microsoft Points earned from Bing).

[quote name='Althax']I know I'm in the minority for hating on this game

Different strokes indeed and dont let me be the only voice in your decision but I felt that I had to offer a dissenting view to all the gushing on it. I recommend reading a few reviews if there isn't a demo to try first.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty glad that you expressed a different minority view of a game. I tend to do that as well with my oddball view/opinion/take on games all the time within this thread. Your opinion is very appreciated by me. I am glad people can formulate their own opinions and take the contrarian view from what seems like constant "universal" praise/disgust to demonstrate other perspectives one may take. I have been swayed into some blind purchases with constant praise, which had yielded some regret purchases (sometimes influenced also by situation with lack of good sales and a large non-moving balance of Microsoft Points), in turn the purchases did not help my cause in being a CAG. Diversity in opinions may allow for us to step aside and maybe gain the perspective to try a demo or borrow first before committing to a purchase. So I do not see you as a hater, just being honest with yourself and sharing to help others out on purchasing decisions.

[quote name='kcobra22']Just got done with the Resident Evil Revelations demo....decent, but I can probably wait a few months for this one.

Downloading the Sanctum 2 demo now. I was a little disappointed reading through the Co-optimus preview though:

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of demos, thanks for chiming in to my earlier request. I didn't have time I wanted to devote to the demos this past week. I keep reading good things (to me) for Resident Evil Revelations, with a return to survival horror and brunette Jill Valentine ^^. I'll likely wait for a decent discount on the title before I claim it for my own (I still haven't decided which platform to get it on yet) as well.

Seems like the reveal of the next generation of Microsoft console is getting everyone into a nostalgic mood about their 360 memories that we broke out in conversation over polarizing thoughts on certain titles. I can somewhat see Althax's view on elements which betray a narrative/mood: at least I see it in a similar way how off-putting Matt Hazard (discount this coming week for the XBLA edition, but I didn't like the demo) ripping on other games and just uses its theme of parodying bad game elements to hide behind almost as protection to excuse itself from the same faults.

Lets not forget, there's always the case of a game simply "not your thing." Doesn't mean the game is bad, it is just not made for the person. I remember conversations on this thread mentioning how some just do not care for horror or jump-scare games (I'd guess tylerh), or maybe prefer non-science-fiction settings (ooga?), or something as extremely odd as my tastes (which I will save describing for another day because you're going to lose respect for me if there were any to lose to begin with ^^).

All this conversation of Alan Wake, has made me seriously consider promoting it up on my priority list for my backlog, just so I can give my take. I know this, if the game is 83% off, you will get it for much less than I did ($20 shipped from Walmart on holiday 2011) but the packaging making it all look like a book also reinforces my preference for owning games on a physical medium over a digital release =P.

Tomorrow, we will get a clearer vision of what Microsoft has lined up for us. I do hope it is not like the Major Nelson post Xbox Delivers for Core Gamers with Machinima and more where it mentions "Twitch, IGN, GameSpot, CNET, Revision3 and GameTrailers and more" which all may have fine programs, but I am really old, and my flawed logic would expect Xbox to deliver, you know, actual games for core gamers. Then again, that's why I do not have the foresight and business acumen like those highly paid at Microsoft which knows that what they really want are icons on the dashboard to be portals to websites accessible by any standard browser, or the financial savvy to understand the benefits of not discounting old content ever and just delisting content. That's why I'm not paid the big bucks, and really care to be a CAG ^^.

Also, while we are all feeling nostalgic with our 360s, let us reminisce:
[YOUTUBE]AZYhri2tsM4[/YOUTUBE]
It wasn't elegant, it did have an overabundant use of text, but in retrospect we had it good.

Man, I was hoping for a sale on the Need for Speed Most Wanted DLC. If I'm under the assumption that the Complete DLC Bundle includes only all the expansion DLC, then I can only expect a 400 MSP discount, making it a definite pass for me.

If you want to clear your backlog, Outrun Online Arcade takes maybe 15-20 minutes to beat if you're halfway decent at it, though I guess it could take longer if you want to get all of the endings. Still, you'll hit credits very fast if that's what you're after.

The Twitch.tv app for Xbox 360 is the worst version I've seen yet. You can't log in to your account for easy access to your subscriptions and there's no search to make up for that, so you're shit out of luck if they're not featured or playing one of the most popular games at the moment. The Blades was also terrible, as it took several button presses more to do anything than it should have.

[quote name='the Gooseler']I haven't played Alan Wake, but everything I've heard about it is positive.

Damn another two weeks of no Mass Effect. I can't believe some of that DLC hasn't been on sale since at least 2009.
I wonder what is going to happen when the next Xbox Live marketplace is up. Will it be integrated into this marketplace, will these games drop in price before being removed down the road, and if so what happens to our stuff when the servers that have these things goes down?

Off topic, does anybody have the name of the thread with the international list of GonD that shows what can and can't be played on a US xbox? I can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

Prepare yourself for a Gold exclusive Mass Effect sale sometime in the next few weeks, since I just let my subscription expire and have been waiting since that last Mass Effect 2 sale in 2010.

Is Ghost Recon worth getting on GonD? I can see Future soldier being around $20ish but does that include the Online Pass? If not should I get it from Gamefly for $15 and hope I get an online pass in the box that works?

I will defend Fez with all my heart for the rest of my life. That game is AMAZING. Not in a long time have I ever been so sucked into a game. My fav game of 2012, BY FAR.

[quote name='wigglesizking']Is Ghost Recon worth getting on GonD? I can see Future soldier being around $20ish but does that include the Online Pass? If not should I get it from Gamefly for $15 and hope I get an online pass in the box that works?[/QUOTE]

Games On Demand always include online passes and Gamefly games always include Online Pass and original box for the game.

I'm in your OP ... changing bitmaps to bitcoin! ... Nope, all done now, so enjoy the show in a few hours!

[quote name='Cornelius']I'm in your OP ... changing bitmaps to bitcoin! ... Nope, all done now, so enjoy the show in a few hours![/QUOTE]

Didn't realize someone else was doing it so I started out but you beat me to it. Spent a good 50 minutes sorting things out too - sigh. Well at least it's done.

I didn't realize that Dark Souls is $19.99 on the marketplace. Looks like it'll likely go down to $10 judging on past sales. I'm definitely going to grab it at that price, and possibly use my 800 msp from the punchcard promotion for that.

Prices are updated (mostly) Split second is a pleasant surprise, played with a friend years ago and was fantastic (but not better than Blur, the one I pick years ago) definitely buying now.

And the rest of you should try it.

A shame that Alan wake DLC isn't more cheaper.

I've updated the front page to reflect that Alan Wake's American Nightmare is showing up as 320msp - I think that's a great value for the game. It's not perfect but for 320msp I think it's worth getting.

The DLC for Alan Wake is showing up as 280msp each. No clue what the GOD game is going to be as it's still $29.99 for me but when I click to buy it shows up as $49.99 which tells me that they are making a change on it in the system at the moment.

edit: There are a bunch of GOD and DLC going on sale at the moment. Though with the new Xbox announcement it is possible that these are price drops too. Hard to tell. But Split/Second and Pure are 800msp (both great games though Pure is probably a cheap one to find on disc as I remember buying it for my nephews at Ebgames for like $3). Split/Second's DLC is on sale too. Cars 2: The Video Game is down to 1200msp and has some DLC. And some Tron: Evolution DLC has gone on sale which makes me wonder if that is going to drop as well. I've edited the main page.

Edit 2: I've just realized that these games: Pure, Split/Second, Cars 2, Tron, etc are Disney games. Epic Mickey 2 is on sale now for 1600msp. So there must be a big sale for all the Disney games. I'll change the op accordingly as these trickle out.

Also I'm now guessing that the Alan Wake GOD will be 400msp. As they promised up to 83% off and as of yet only delivered 73% off on American Nightmare and considering the other prices have emerged (DLC and Avatar prop crap is 50% off) that means something needs to be 83% off. Total stab in the dark but I hope I'm proven right and not wrong. Though as I type this I'm wondering if someone at Microsoft got mixed up between 83% and 73% and included the former. Anyways, fingers crossed for all you non-owners of Alan Wake that I'm right. Considering that today is the big reveal for the new Xbox and Alan Wake 2 is probably going to be one of the games announced as Remedy committed to talk about their latest game this year, this could be a nice little treat for us faithful Xbox owners.

American Nightmare at 320 it's a steal I guess, picked it up. But still no update on GonD. Also bought Puzzle Quest 2 for 400 (I already own the first one and love it), but it was a surprise to see that it's price was 1.200 before the sale!! I thought it was 800msp, at some point the price was increased!!

edit: hahaha, didn't notice skonson post, so mine is an echo :D

[quote name='sicsonic']I will defend Fez with all my heart for the rest of my life. That game is AMAZING. Not in a long time have I ever been so sucked into a game. My fav game of 2012, BY FAR.[/QUOTE]

Fez is my number 2 biggest XBLA purchase rgret after Bastion. Its more charming on the surface, but after initial presentation its equally disinteresting and tedious underneath.

I'll second this...Split/Second is most fun racing game I played when it first came out...I couldn't stop for days.

Managed to 1000/1000 it...and still played it.

[quote name='Sath666']Complete Pack for Capcom Arcade Cabinet should be available today. 2000msp is still too much though.[/QUOTE]

yup, now I"m buying something this month!

Okay. I think the Disney sale has finally all been updated and posted.

A few thoughts on the games I've played. Split/Second is amazing. Highly recommend this. One of the best arcade racers of this generation. Certainly one of the best looking. Can't speak to the DLC. I am very curious about picking it up. I am very annoyed though that the 800msp Onslaught DLC is not on sale as it's now the same price as the actual game - sigh, ridiculousness. For those who care to know none of the DLC for Split/Second or any of the DLC on offer on these Disney games has any achievements, so if that's your sole reason for grabbing DLC you can skip it here.

Pure. As I've said before it's a great game. Amazing and for an early Xbox 360 game the graphics still hold up. It's a shame that Black Rock went under as they were an amazing studio, Disney should have ate a bit of a loss and kept them going. But as stated earlier, this is an old game and you can probably pick up a physical copy used for $5 easy.

Tron: Evolution. Now I am one of the biggest Tron fans ever. Loved the original Tron more than Star Wars or anything else. Was a bit disappointed in the new movie but excited for this game. The single player campaign is a bit meh. Walk into a room, fight waves of enemies, leave room. Walk into next room, rinse, wash, repeat. Very sad about that. The multiplayer is better, your classic tron battles with the ability to switch to lightcycles and tanks, etc. But I have no clue if anyone is playing it and to be honest I'm not someone who really plays multiplayer games. I'd skip at $15 and if you are a big Tron fan I'd tell you to wait til it hits $10 or find a used copy somewhere.

The others I've never played. But I hear Toy Story 3 is really good and is actually fairly fun for adults and has a lot of depth in its toybox mode. I think it was on sale for $10 in the past so perhaps someone can weigh in on it who bought it.

Thanks to Wallace Suka on x360a for this info. You can use region free bing points or other region free points to buy these. Must be bought on a Hungarian account though. It takes a just few minutes to make an account.

Disney sale
-Cars 2:The Video Game:Hungary: 600MSP 2.9GB Region Free
-Disney Epic Mickey 2:The Power of Two:Hungary: 880MSP 6.5GB Region Free
-Disney Universe:Hungary: 600MSP 5.7GB Region Free
-Split Second:Hungary: 400MSP 6.7GB Region Free

P.S. YES these games will work on your main gamertag.

Pretty solid two weeks right here.
I haven't really bought much in a long time, but I think I will buy Bangai-O, Darkstalkers, Puzzle Quest 2, the Puzzle Quest DLC, Artorias of the Abyss, and possibly Puzzle Quest Galactrix.

It's pretty cool that the Dark Souls DLC is going on sale and I will definintly pick it up, but the main thing I need is Darkstalkers. I was so excited when it was announced, pumped up for any news that came out about it, hyped when the OT on GAF was made, and then... I didn't buy it at launch and kind of forgot about it a bit. So it will be mine.

[quote name='wigglesizking']Is Ghost Recon worth getting on GonD? I can see Future soldier being around $20ish but does that include the Online Pass? If not should I get it from Gamefly for $15 and hope I get an online pass in the box that works?[/QUOTE]

I recommend getting it from gamefly. I ordered MoH Warfighter and it came with an online pass that worked, I think they just give the discs to subscribers and sell the everything else with the game to people who buy it either used or new.

[quote name='skonson']Okay. I think the Disney sale has finally all been updated and posted.

A few thoughts on the games I've played. Split/Second is amazing. Highly recommend this. One of the best arcade racers of this generation. Certainly one of the best looking. Can't speak to the DLC. I am very curious about picking it up. I am very annoyed though that the 800msp Onslaught DLC is not on sale as it's now the same price as the actual game - sigh, ridiculousness. For those who care to know none of the DLC for Split/Second or any of the DLC on offer on these Disney games has any achievements, so if that's your sole reason for grabbing DLC you can skip it here.

Pure. As I've said before it's a great game. Amazing and for an early Xbox 360 game the graphics still hold up. It's a shame that Black Rock went under as they were an amazing studio, Disney should have ate a bit of a loss and kept them going. But as stated earlier, this is an old game and you can probably pick up a physical copy used for $5 easy.

Tron: Evolution. Now I am one of the biggest Tron fans ever. Loved the original Tron more than Star Wars or anything else. Was a bit disappointed in the new movie but excited for this game. The single player campaign is a bit meh. Walk into a room, fight waves of enemies, leave room. Walk into next room, rinse, wash, repeat. Very sad about that. The multiplayer is better, your classic tron battles with the ability to switch to lightcycles and tanks, etc. But I have no clue if anyone is playing it and to be honest I'm not someone who really plays multiplayer games. I'd skip at $15 and if you are a big Tron fan I'd tell you to wait til it hits $10 or find a used copy somewhere.

The others I've never played. But I hear Toy Story 3 is really good and is actually fairly fun for adults and has a lot of depth in its toybox mode. I think it was on sale for $10 in the past so perhaps someone can weigh in on it who bought it.[/QUOTE]

Toy Story is very fun for adults and children alike.

The only game I'm interested in and I don't have is Matt Hazard and this isn't available here...meh Texas Cheat 'em also not available lol only hold 'em and that is one I have since the very beginning lol

I will try Rocket Bowl though...200 MSP probably can't say no (but I've rejected 200 MSP games before sooo we will see =O)

hmm, seriously debating Toy Story 3. I've wanted to get it for a while, but I would prefer it on PS3, and feel like a retail copy has to hit that price eventually. But then again, it is a pretty good price:whistle2:k

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']hmm, seriously debating Toy Story 3. I've wanted to get it for a while, but I would prefer it on PS3, and feel like a retail copy has to hit that price eventually. But then again, it is a pretty good price:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Retail copies did hit 10 bucks like 2 years ago or so I forget at which retailer, Walmart or Bestbuy I believe. PS3 also has Zerg as playable character.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Retail copies did hit 10 bucks like 2 years ago or so I forget at which retailer, Walmart or Bestbuy I believe. PS3 also has Zerg as playable character.[/QUOTE]

well there is my answer, pass on that I guess. Now to debate whether or not to get American Nightmare:drool:

[quote name='foltest121']I recommend getting it from gamefly. I ordered MoH Warfighter and it came with an online pass that worked, I think they just give the discs to subscribers and sell the everything else with the game to people who buy it either used or new.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the price of Ghost Recon on Marketplace and compared it to Gamefly and Gamefly will possibly be $5 cheaper if Microsoft knocks down the price to $19.99. I kind of prefer the digital copy over physical but I guess I can wait a couple of days for the game to arrive in the mail.

Pleasant suprise with this Disney sale. I snatched up the Phineas and Ferb level pack and Villains Costume pack for Disney Universe. Glad I held out, almost bit on them last week. The game is nothing to write home about depth wise, but its like a psudeo Lego style game with the Disney property to back it up. Great choice for some gaming with the kids or Mrs. If you prefer a disc copy you can snag one for roughly $10 at Kmart if you manage to find one in stock.

Also snatched up Pid (been waiting forever for this drop, I remember being pretty hype at the time of release) and PQ Galactrix (my buddy eats these games up, I like them now and again but I pretty much grab them for his sake at this point :lol:) I'm still debating Bangai O. I'm a fan of the Dreamcast and DS versions but I can only take the game in short bursts. I'm leaning more toward just dropping that MSP on some other DLC I've been eyeing for quite some time instead. I'd be all over the Alan Wake stuff if I didn't already own both the Limited Collectors Edition Alan Wake, the GonD version, both DLC and American Nightmare already. Still can't reccoment the original enough. At this price, even if its not really your cup of tea, you can't go wrong.

Does anyone have any insight on Tron Evolution DLC? Is the multiplayer still active at all? I picked up the game on clearance but haven't even cracked the seal yet. I had intended to only worry about the single player (regardless of it being generally panned) as I'm an avid Tronaholic, but with a MP pack discount I'm willing to give it a go if I know there's still a communit albeit however small. Shadowrun has one of the smallest but dedicated communities on Xbox live and you can instantly find a game any time day or night.

Can't wait for Darkstalkers next week!

[quote name='skonson']I've updated the front page to reflect that Alan Wake's American Nightmare is showing up as 320msp - I think that's a great value for the game. It's not perfect but for 320msp I think it's worth getting.

The DLC for Alan Wake is showing up as 280msp each. No clue what the GOD game is going to be as it's still $29.99 for me but when I click to buy it shows up as $49.99 which tells me that they are making a change on it in the system at the moment.

edit: There are a bunch of GOD and DLC going on sale at the moment. Though with the new Xbox announcement it is possible that these are price drops too. Hard to tell. But Split/Second and Pure are 800msp (both great games though Pure is probably a cheap one to find on disc as I remember buying it for my nephews at Ebgames for like $3). Split/Second's DLC is on sale too. Cars 2: The Video Game is down to 1200msp and has some DLC. And some Tron: Evolution DLC has gone on sale which makes me wonder if that is going to drop as well. I've edited the main page.

Edit 2: I've just realized that these games: Pure, Split/Second, Cars 2, Tron, etc are Disney games. Epic Mickey 2 is on sale now for 1600msp. So there must be a big sale for all the Disney games. I'll change the op accordingly as these trickle out.

Also I'm now guessing that the Alan Wake GOD will be 400msp. As they promised up to 83% off and as of yet only delivered 73% off on American Nightmare and considering the other prices have emerged (DLC and Avatar prop crap is 50% off) that means something needs to be 83% off. Total stab in the dark but I hope I'm proven right and not wrong. Though as I type this I'm wondering if someone at Microsoft got mixed up between 83% and 73% and included the former. Anyways, fingers crossed for all you non-owners of Alan Wake that I'm right. Considering that today is the big reveal for the new Xbox and Alan Wake 2 is probably going to be one of the games announced as Remedy committed to talk about their latest game this year, this could be a nice little treat for us faithful Xbox owners.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for doing all that Alan Wake research so I don't have to. GoD price is still sitting at $29.99, but I'm definitely hoping it drops to $5 at some point today.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Retail copies did hit 10 bucks like 2 years ago or so I forget at which retailer, Walmart or Bestbuy I believe. PS3 also has Zerg as playable character.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they were $8 at Best Buy on Black Friday a couple years ago, and were in stock most of the weekend. But that doesn't necessarily mean they'll hit that price again. More than likely that was a bottom out price, and now they've crept back up, especially since it's a Disney license game, it retains a little bit more value.

It's a fun game. I wasn't as overwhelmed by the Toy Box mode as a lot of others were, just because it was rather easy and there were a ton of collectible bubbles that I didn't feel like bothering with. I actually enjoyed the main campaign more, it have some very decent platforming.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']
Does anyone have any insight on Tron Evolution DLC? Is the multiplayer still active at all? I picked up the game on clearance but haven't even cracked the seal yet. I had intended to only worry about the single player (regardless of it being generally panned) as I'm an avid Tronaholic, but with a MP pack discount I'm willing to give it a go if I know there's still a communit albeit however small. Shadowrun has one of the smallest but dedicated communities on Xbox live and you can instantly find a game any time day or night.
![/QUOTE]

I'm too lazy to load it up now but I will in a few hours and tell you then. Though it's unfair to do that as it's early morning in most of North America right now so probably not the best time to look for multiplayer. But I bought the game 5 months ago and tried out multiplayer then for a short time and never had an issue finding a match. My only worry with map packs are whether or not people have bought them or not with multiplayer. Sometimes you can be penalized for map packs one way or the other depending on whether people play those maps or own those packs. The one good thing is there is no achievement incentive to buy those packs. So it would just be for the gameplay alone.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']well there is my answer, pass on that I guess. Now to debate whether or not to get American Nightmare:drool:[/QUOTE]
American Nightmare is very arcade-y. It's light on story, which disappointed many fans of Alan Wake (including me). Lots of run and gun, horde-mode, points chasing, leaderboards stuff, with better combat mechanics than Alan Wake. But again, it's pretty mindless arcade stuff. If you're expecting it to be more Alan Wake, you'll be disappointed.

It was good enough to buy on sale, though.

[quote name='simmias']American Nightmare is very arcade-y. It's light on story, which disappointed many fans of Alan Wake (including me). Lots of run and gun, horde-mode, points chasing, leaderboards stuff, with better combat mechanics than Alan Wake. But again, it's pretty mindless arcade stuff. If you're expecting it to be more Alan Wake, you'll be disappointed.

It was good enough to buy on sale, though.[/QUOTE]

As a fan of scifi television who has seen that type of story play out a dozen times on various series, I really liked what they did with the American Nightmare story.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks for doing all that Alan Wake research so I don't have to. GoD price is still sitting at $29.99, but I'm definitely hoping it drops to $5 at some point today.[/QUOTE]
I'm beginning to lose hope on that. By now all prices should be updated, though I would be happy to see the price drop anytime :lol:

For any strange reason, Puzzle Quest 2 isn't available on Spylon's site.

Even though I'm a "hater" on Alan Wake, even I am tempted by a 400 price point. I might need to give it a second chance.

Thought about grabbing one of the Disney Games on Demand games, but I don't have enough hard drive space to spare for it. I hope the next Xbox is 500GB minimum, though better would be no proprietary drives at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back