XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda off-topic, but does anybody know how reliable the Xbox.com mobile site is? I'm going on a camping trip tomorrow through Saturday and I'll only have my iPhone with me but I'd love to pick up a couple games that will be in the daily sales.
Worked great for me. I was visiting my dad over the holidays while the Walking Dead episodes were on sale. I had no problem buying them on my phone even though I only had 3g service at the time.

Threw the ME3 Omega DLC in the OP and title since that's a pretty big deal to a lot of people. Most of the OP is updated with the deals, but not actually links. I'll get those in later when the prices actually drop and xbldb picks them up.

Also, seeing as we're closing in on post 10,000, I'll be closing down this thread later in the week and starting a new on. Probably on Friday, just a heads up since this thread will probably be very popular all week
Just in case you didn't see it in the CAG 3.0 thread, John got rid of the post-merging feature, so it'll be much easier to make new threads now.

Is Bulletstorm worth picking up? What about the BL2 DLCs?
BL2 DLC's have a lot of content for $5 apiece (Hammerlock is relatively light, though). If you like BL2 already, you can't go wrong with any of them. The Mechromancer and Psycho DLC is good, but probably just for bigger fans of the game since it is only character/skill tree stuff and no campaign, etc.

Why do you have to close a thread when it reaches 10,000 or over?
I'm not 100% sure, Tsel is probably right it would help to lessen the server load. I've seen Cheapy close threads and open new ones when they get around 10,000 posts, so I figured that's the number I'd use when it comes to creating a new thread.

Does Assassin's Creed 3 have full support 3D on the Xbox 360 in spite of 3D not being listed on the front cover?

Are there any other differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of this game besides the fact the PS3 one includes some exclusive single player levels?

There are 3 free compatibility packs of borderlands 2 on the marketpalce..do i need all of them? lol oO
man i have like 5 or 6 on my hd, I've been wondering if i can delete some of them. i find it crazy stupid i need compatability packs when i own the friggin season pass anyway. i need a compatability pack for the game to tell me other gamers don't have the same content i have? 250mbs each for that shit? ridiculous

I'm not seeing price drops on either Krieg or the Captain Scarlett BL2 DLC.   Is it certain these will be part of the sale?   I was hoping for a deal on the season pass but if the Scarlett DLC is really on sale this week I could pick up all of the season pass content for 2200msp vs 2400, but as it stands now without that DLC on sale now it's 2600msp which is more than the season pass.

Is There Some Sort Of Program That Capitalizes Every Word? Typing Like This Is Difficult.
Haha, I Like Typing Like This.

Does Assassin's Creed 3 have full support 3D on the Xbox 360 in spite of 3D not being listed on the front cover?

Are there any other differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of this game besides the fact the PS3 one includes some exclusive single player levels?
No idea about the 3D but the only difference is the exclusive stuff, which sickens me.

My 360 20GB hard drive is full. I have another I picked up for $5. Is there any reason why I can't swap out the hard drives as needed? Like does your profile have a unique signature for each hard drive or some technical mumbojumbo like that I can't hope to understand?

I hope WWE All-Stars go on sale. It's $20 on Demand right now.
that was the best online wrestling game but they killed the servers. sucks cos its the only balanced online wrestling game i've played. it's still a great game for local matches, but since the single player is practically worthless it stinks they took down the online server.

Already picked up Borderlands 2, really debating if I want to get Mass Effect and AC3.  My backlog is already like 8-9 games deep, but I honestly don't think we're going to get another sale like this for awhile.

My 360 20GB hard drive is full. I have another I picked up for $5. Is there any reason why I can't swap out the hard drives as needed? Like does your profile have a unique signature for each hard drive or some technical mumbojumbo like that I can't hope to understand?
You can switch them out at will. The console serial and MAC address are unique, which is all that matters when you get that "was last signed in on another console" stuff. So you'll be fine.

man i have like 5 or 6 on my hd, I've been wondering if i can delete some of them. i find it crazy stupid i need compatability packs when i own the friggin season pass anyway. i need a compatability pack for the game to tell me other gamers don't have the same content i have? 250mbs each for that shit? ridiculous
That's not very helpful either...but keeping all the compatibility packs? doesn't seem right hum....

DRM is applied to the account and console you download on. You can't play said content on another Xbox 360 unless your signed into Xbox Live on said account. You can however have any profile or account play said content on the console it was originally downloaded on, without restrictions. Swapping HDD on a console can mess up your licenses if you can't connect to Xbox Live for verification. Lastly, you can transfer content licenses to another Xbox say if your Xbox RROD and you buy another. That will make everything work as normal again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I love it.

Is AC3 for 14.99 worth it? I'm wondering if it will be this price again in the near future, even for a physical copy.
Best Buy has often had the AC games for sale for $9.99, so I expect that to happen again. Still, 1200 points is pretty close to $9.99, so my only issue with buying it now is I must confirm that it has full 3D support on the Xbox 360. I spent another 10 minutes searching on Google and there is not 1 single confirmation anywhere of that. Lots of pages saying it WILL have 3D support on the Xbox 360, but not 1 review, not 1 post describing the 3D in the actual released game.

So, no 3D on AC 3 means no purchase for me. I love real 3D games, gimmick or not. I hope someone who owns AC 3 on the Xbox 360 and has tried it can confirm it has 3D support. Otherwise I'll be passing on this and waiting for the PS3 version just for the 3D and exclusive single player missions. What time EST does Microsoft take away the July 2nd sale items?

There are 3 free compatibility packs of borderlands 2 on the marketpalce..do i need all of them? lol oO
Yes, each compatibility pack corresponds to a couple of the DLC packs. You really only need them if you're planning to play co-op with someone. But even if you're playing solo, the game will have an annoying pop-up every time you start it telling you to download them.

It does have full support 3D, I can confirm because I played it in 3D around the holidays at my day's, sinc eye had a 3D TV. Running thought the trees looks pretty awesome. And there are no differences other than the few missions. The PS exclusive missions don't do nays hung special for the game anyways.

Already picked up Borderlands 2, really debating if I want to get Mass Effect and AC3. My backlog is already like 8-9 games deep, but I honestly don't think we're going to get another sale like this for awhile.
Mass Effect for $5 is soo worth it. Let me put it this way: I have a backlog tens of games deep and I'm currently playing through the Mass Effect series again. I just finished ME1 for the 6th time and still experienced things I had never seen before. It's worth it.

I deleted all but the most recent one and it seems to not be a problem. I noticed each one is a bigger file than the previous one so I guess it's just new code added onto the older pack.

that was the best online wrestling game but they killed the servers. sucks cos its the only balanced online wrestling game i've played. it's still a great game for local matches, but since the single player is practically worthless it stinks they took down the online server.
Dang I didn't even know that. Now they really need to lower the price.

Already bought Prey, Perfect Dark Zero, and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. So far I'm eying FarCry Instinct Predator and would like to know some people's opinion on the game.

Should I wait for Borderlands 2 GOTY edition or get it for $10 and get the season pass or the dlc thats on sale?  Does the season pass include every DLC?

That's not very helpful either...but keeping all the compatibility packs? doesn't seem right hum....
You only need whatever is the most recent (biggest) one.

And yeah you do need them even if you have all of the season pass DLC, because there's still lots of stuff (Krieg, Gaige, and the costume packs) that other players could have and you might not.

Mass Effect for $5 is soo worth it. Let me put it this way: I have a backlog tens of games deep and I'm currently playing through the Mass Effect series again. I just finished ME1 for the 6th time and still experienced things I had never seen before. It's worth it.
Completely agree, it's a classic and for only $5! Nuff said.

Worth getting Borderlands 2 at $10 or wait for a GOTY Edition? If one even exists?
Can you wait? Even without the DLCs the game has a lot of shootin and lootin so it really depends on if you can wait for the probable but not confirmed GOTY or buy it cheap now, then add DLC as you see fit. Plus isn't there a DLC for BL2 right now?

Already bought Prey, Perfect Dark Zero, and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. So far I'm eying FarCry Instinct Predator and would like to know some people's opinion on the game.
It's been a while since I've played it (2006), but best I can recall is it plays fairly well but the graphics aren't particularly amazing. At times it can look like an original Xbox game. If you aren't bothered by that then you could easily get $5 worth of gameplay out of it.

Can you wait? Even without the DLCs the game has a lot of shootin and lootin so it really depends on if you can wait for the probable but not confirmed GOTY or buy it cheap now, then add DLC as you see fit. Plus isn't there a DLC for BL2 right now?
There is but I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to wait or buy the game for $10 now and all the DLC separately.

I sincerely hope that every single Xbox 360 owner who hasn't already played it purchases Mass Effect in this sale.

Should I wait for Borderlands 2 GOTY edition or get it for $10 and get the season pass or the dlc thats on sale? Does the season pass include every DLC?
Was wondering the same. You can both borderlands games and all of the dlc in the amazon sale...and I am sure it will include all the dlc in the upcoming steam sale. I would prefer to play on the Xbox over a pc, but it's a tough choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back