XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a 32GB drive to augment my 320GB hard drive and am almost ready for another 32GB. I have to install all my discs so I can actually hear my games. Just got the SanDisc Cruzer Fit which fits nicely behind the front USB door. A little slow to write but the read performance is great and passed the Xbox performance test. Pretty cheap too.
Thats the one i'm in the market for, waiting for a decent sale at my job for a couple of those. Glad to hear it works well. (Sandisk also makes the official Xbox USB) The day i brought home the Slim 250, i said to myself "I'll never need to worry about running out of room again!" ...didn't quite work out as planned...

Thats the one i'm in the market for, waiting for a decent sale at my job for a couple of those. Glad to hear it works well. (Sandisk also makes the official Xbox USB) The day i brought home the Slim 250, i said to myself "I'll never need to worry about running out of room again!" ...didn't quite work out as planned...
same here with my 320gb

Just traded in BioShock Infinite and Forza Horizon hard copies for MS points...hopefully I will at least break even.

A little off topic, but does anyone know if The Bigs 2 is region free?
How much did you get for forza horizon, and where did you trade it? I dont play that game anymore, need to get rid of it also.

How much did you get for forza horizon, and where did you trade it? I dont play that game anymore, need to get rid of it also.
$18. I traded it in at GameStop. If I remember correctly, it was $15 trade-in value (I paid $15 for it in November) and $3 extra for a little deal they are doing. So $18.

Actually, just looked at my receipt and it was $21 total with my PowerUp Rewards card. $15 regular trade-in, then I got $4.50 for a promo and $1.50 for PowerUp Reward

What?! I think you should've at least waited until you see the prices that the games will be.
Well I wasn't worried about it, because I also traded in Saints Row 3 for PS3, which I just downloaded for free with PS+. And I traded in another game I never play, so I ended up with $84 trade-in value from 4 games

Actually, just looked at my receipt and it was $21 total with my PowerUp Rewards card. $15 regular trade-in, then I got $4.50 for a promo and $1.50 for PowerUp Reward
Hmm, i too bought it for 15.00 when it was on sale. and you can buy ms points with the credit?
I'm assuming you traded in 3 games for the promo i'm looking at right now in the gamestop thread?
I've never traded at gamestop, but i have alot of games including 1 extra copy of dragon age 2, prototype 2, and red faction aramgeddon. i just need to find out what those are trading for.

Hmm, i too bought it for 15.00 when it was on sale. and you can buy ms points with the credit?
I'm assuming you traded in 3 games for the promo i'm looking at right now in the gamestop thread?
I've never traded at gamestop, but i have alot of games including 1 extra copy of dragon age 2, prototype 2, and red faction aramgeddon. i just need to find out what those are trading for.
Yea, not sure what the promo was exactly, but I was expecting $3 extra per game because the web site said something about that, but I ended up with a little extra plus 10% PowerUp bonus for each game.

Yes, you can buy MS Points with trade-in credit. I ended up getting $90 in points for $6, after $84 trade-in credit from 4 games.

I just bought a 32GB drive to augment my 320GB hard drive and am almost ready for another 32GB. I have to install all my discs so I can actually hear my games. Just got the SanDisc Cruzer Fit which fits nicely behind the front USB door. A little slow to write but the read performance is great and passed the Xbox performance test. Pretty cheap too.
Only 16 gb of that would be useable though right? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but read somewhere that each thumb drive will only have 16gb read by your xbox.

Only 16 gb of that would be useable though right? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but read somewhere that each thumb drive will only have 16gb read by your xbox.
They pushed it to 32 gigs each. a total of 2 cards plugged in at a time, but as many cards as you want. Max Xbox use of 32 gigs each. (even if each stick has 100 gigs, xbox will ONLY use 32 max per card)

They pushed it to 32 gigs each. a total of 2 cards plugged in at a time, but as many cards as you want. Max Xbox use of 32 gigs each. (even if each stick has 100 gigs, xbox will ONLY use 32 max per card)
Ah nice, good news. I just need to find a couple 32gb SanDisk Cruzer's now as cheap as possible.

I keep checking this thread to see if something else went down in price lol.  This family game stuff, while good, is surely the low point of this sale.

It figures my 250GB HD from my slim would practically die this week with all of these sales.  Any tips on reviving the bugger?  My slim isn't even six months old.  Contacted MS and they said the HD is only covered for 3 months  :bomb: .

Anybody that signed up for the World of Tanks beta should check their email, as codes went out today. It's 1.1 GB big for those with space issues.

My download finished as I was reading this. About to check it out.

I know a lot of people think today's deals are lame but I'm really excited to play Monopoly Streets and will probably start playing FGN again. I love board and card games in both physical and digital forms. If anyone wants to play them, hit me up. I have those plus Ticket to Ride, Catan and Carcassonne. :)

Also, does anyone else like to look at the "Most Popular" tab in the Arcade, On Demand, and Demos sections of the Games tab during sales to see which games are selling well? I look at it weekly to see what everyone is buying. Sometimes I'm quite surprised. It's my weekly ritual lol.

I keep checking this thread to see if something else went down in price lol. This family game stuff, while good, is surely the low point of this sale.
you had to expect a family games day. theyve done this during the past GoD sales too. There are kids that play 360s too you know? haha. ANd besides Lego Batman 2 and Lego Lord of the RIngs are great games if you havent tried them yet and the prices arent bad. Ive already beaten both though. Not 1000/1000 beat...but dont think I have the patience for that.

It figures my 250GB HD from my slim would practically die this week with all of these sales. Any tips on reviving the bugger? My slim isn't even six months old. Contacted MS and they said the HD is only covered for 3 months :bomb: .
WTF so it's not a year warranty? That's fucked. What exactly happened? Did you hear it crash?

You should be able to get a free warranty repair/replace if you call and argue/yell at them enough. It worked for me out of warranty for the launch Xbox 360 twice (also with Nintendo for the Wii). Be prepared to argue for a good 30-60 minutes. Tell them it's only six months old and they need to stand behind their products. You were going to buy an Xbox One but if this is how they treat their loyal customers then you're buying a ps4 and never buying an Xbox console again and you're telling your friends how you were treated and you'll try to get them to buy PS4's also.

Don't settle for a reduced cost repair, they'll probably try to haggle with you.

Before you do that, make sure it's actually ruined though. Don't want to go through all that trouble for nothing.

you had to expect a family games day. theyve done this during the past GoD sales too. There are kids that play 360s too you know? haha. ANd besides Lego Batman 2 and Lego Lord of the RIngs are great games if you havent tried them yet and the prices arent bad. Ive already beaten both though. Not 1000/1000 beat...but dont think I have the patience for that.
1000/1000 10/11 of the Lego games right here. The last one is sitting on my shelf waiting to be played. I love those games and I'm not a kid. It does take quite a while to max them out though.

WTF so it's not a year warranty? That's fucked. What exactly happened? Did you hear it crash?
CS told me the console itself is covered for the year. HD is a separate accessory that is only apparently covered for 3 months. It's utter BS, because now I have no way of playing the games I just bought until I buy another HD.

And I started noticing my 360 taking forever to boot recently and slowing down big time while I was playing a downloaded game. All of the sudden it just wouldn't boot past the 360 logo until I took the HD out, at which point the xbox functions normally.

CS told me the console itself is covered for the year. HD is a separate accessory that is only apparently covered for 3 months. It's utter BS, because now I have no way of playing the games I just bought until I buy another HD.
I edited my post a couple times to add more info. Apologizes for spelling/grammar errors - on my phone.

Can you explain what's happening with the Xbox? And yes, they WILL fix it if you are persistent.

And I started noticing my 360 taking forever to boot recently and slowing down big time while I was playing a downloaded game. All of the sudden it just wouldn't boot past the 360 logo until I took the HD out, at which point the xbox functions normally.
To be fair HDD are considered wearable so they are never covered. Similar to breaks or tries on a car.

If you used a credit card they will cover it.

Haha, I'm not bitter, just bored. :) I'll put more thought into Lego Batman though, but I just find it hard to get into the Lego games. Can't wait to see tonights prices!

I edited my post a couple times to add more info. Apologizes for spelling/grammar errors - on my phone.

Can you explain what's happening with the Xbox? And yes, they WILL fix it if you are persistent.
Basically, whenever the HD is inside the xbox the console won't load past the splash screen. It'll literally sit there indefinitely until I turn the console off. If I pop the HD out, it'll boot normally as if nothing ever happened. The person I was on the phone troubleshooting with basically told me he was 90% sure it was the HD that went on it.

I'm going to call back and complain to CS again and see if they do anything. I'm kind of upset because I wound up getting a few games from this sale. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

To be fair HDD are considered wearable so they are never covered. Similar to breaks or tries on a car.
Wow, that's quite the wrong answer.

If the drive came with the slim, it's covered under the slim system's warranty. If the drive is a separate accessory, such as a purchased 320GB drive with a 4GB slim, then the drive isn't covered by the slim's warranty, it's covered by the 3 month accessory warranty. This would also apply the controller that came with the system, it's covered by the slim's warranty. Purchased separately, three month warranty.

"HDD are considered wearable"? Is that even English?

Seeing Bulletstorm jump back to $20 scares me, so iwent ahead and bought Crisis and Divinity II. Now i just need to wait for prices on TR and MGR. And grab Knife of Dunwall next week.

On a side note, has anyone heard any announcements of Bioshock Infinite's DLC yet? I've been holding off on buying the season pass untill some form of single player dlc is announced.

I'm sure it's been mentioned on the previous pages, so forgive me for possibly mentioning it again...(I'm too lazy to go back through the 340+ pages)...........

Just a heads' up for anyone looking to purchase "Rockstar Table Tennis".....you can get a disc copy from Gamestop for $1.99, and if you're a Poweruprewards Pro member like myself WITH trade credit, you can walk out the door paying only $1.79 (no sales tax when using trade credit).

Figured I would let you know how to save a little more......afterall we ARE CheapAssGamers !!!

Have a good one everyone.....and game on !

Nice price on orange box, gonna get rid of my unopened disc copy now.
I paid 5.00 for the disc version a long time ago using the recycle bank ea coupon.

Is Crysis 3 a good buy at $20? I enjoyed 2 when I got it cheap from Best Buy's deal of the day a couple years back but the multiplayer was completely empty; I couldn't find any games at all a week after I got the game. Is Crysis 3's multiplayer pretty dead as well?

looks like I might as well sell my sealed copy of The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition that I never got around to playing, seems to fetch around $30 on ebay, listing it up now. if anyone on here would like to purchase it PM me I'll sell significantly lower to a CAG. 

Seeing Bulletstorm jump back to $20 scares me, so iwent ahead and bought Crisis and Divinity II. Now i just need to wait for prices on TR and MGR. And grab Knife of Dunwall next week.

On a side note, has anyone heard any announcements of Bioshock Infinite's DLC yet? I've been holding off on buying the season pass untill some form of single player dlc is announced.
They are supposed to be announcing the DLC at the end of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back