XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is debating Witcher 2 for that price stop and buy the game. It's an amazing game even at $30 and if you want to see why people are so excited for Witcher 3: Wild Hunt..  with 800 MSP you can't go wrong. Definitely worth your money. Anywho, I've only bought Crysis & Orange Box so far from this, hoping that others catch my attention. Was gonna go for DA:O but decided it'd be best to buy the Ultimate Edition which will cost me less anyways. Was thinking about Bulletstorm but I can get a physical copy for around that price anyways so I'm passing on it.

2012-03-22.png

Much truth in this one sadly...
Yep true but for me personally it's simply because 1) I don't have the time like I used to and 2) There are many many games out there that I want and can afford, so I (often stupidly) buy them. In the past I don't remember say 2 or more games coming out every month that I had any interest in. It's a different story now with the only really slow months usually being July/August/December, but even this year there's at least a few games in those months I'm looking forward to buying.

I just bought Lego Batman 2.  I was hoping I would have enough points for Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite, Gears Judgement and Lego Batman 2.

But even if the other 3 titles were half off I was going to be short.  I already have Gears on disc so figured I would be better off skipping it even though being able to play it without the disc would have been nice.

The first Witcher isn't out for the 360 right? Do you need to play
the first Witcher before the second?
I haven't played the first game, only the one on the 360., You'll get a sense of the story if you start on the 2nd anyways, give it an hour or lees and it'll sink in. You'll get into the world, trust me.

Yep true but for me personally it's simply because 1) I don't have the time like I used to and 2) There are many many games out there that I want and can afford, so I (often stupidly) buy them. In the past I don't remember say 2 or more games coming out every month that I had any interest in. It's a different story now with the only really slow months usually being July/August/December, but even this year there's at least a few games in those months I'm looking forward to buying.
I am the same way. I have enough games in my current collection I should not even think about next gen for 3 years at least. Hopefully I can remain strong enough...hopefully.

Yet, I see you playing Borderlands 2, which I just started myself. Just a few quotes I heard from a Goliath that made me cringe while playing:
"Get on your god damn knees!"
"I'm going to rip you a THIRD ASSHOLE!"
"Fear your master, bitches!"

Any of these quotes can easily be looked at in an immature light. The first one especially was repeated over and over. Sure, BL2 isn't as dudebro-y as BL2, but both are definitely far from a mature title. Which, personally I prefer a game that doesn't take itself too seriously, ie I like Saints Row more than GTA. But, I digress, just wanted to point out that you should at least call it both ways. In the end though, it's really just a game.

But there's a difference between the occasional smack talk versus a full game based on that sort of dialogue.

I'm downloading Monopoly Streets and it's less than 2 GB. Very nice! Granted it's a stylized board game but it makes the decision to download and play now very easy versus having to figure out many titles to delete. Spartacus Legends be gone!

Haven't bit on anything yet.

I've either already got what I want in disc form from what's been on sale or just have no interest (yes I own Bulletstorm & Orange Box).

Hoping for decent prices on Tomb Raider & Bioshock Infinite.  I believe I have about $40 worth of MSP.

I'm real curious what MGR:Rev and Gears Judgment will go down to.  If they hit $20, that'd be pretty hard to pass up.  I wonder what the chances are?  Gears J didn't do well at retail, I believe, so it wouldn't shock me if M-soft goes real low with it to get people playing (and buying those stupid ridiculously priced weapon skin packs!)

Same goes for Bioshock Infinite which I already have, but really, that game is worth full retail in a second without further thought.  Tomb Raider is damn good too and if that hits $15 = insta-purchase for those who are even mildly interested. 

Really tempted on Witcher 2 as I still have that one sealed.  I'm trying to pare down my collection to just RPGs - I can keep that one sealed and play the digital version.  Also tempted my L4D2 though I would never play it.  My son had it for a short time and then I found out the disc was trading for a huge amount during some GS promo and I traded it in.  He might want it though I can't check since he is 4000 miles away right now and without Internet access (on a school trip).

Was hoping on a better price for Crysis 3. At $20 I'll wait for a physical copy. I hope Tomb Raider and MGR are under $20. Then MS can get my money! Debating Orange Box for $5 since I already have a PS3 physical disk and on the PC.
What kind of price were your expectng? Far Cry 3 is $59.99 and they bumped that down to $20 also. Anyways does anyone knows if Crysis 3 Multiplayer is populated? I want to bite but I want to know if the MP will be playable..

Downloading the Orange box, never finished Half-Life 2 let alone the expansion. I remember team fortress being fun if there are people online I will play a few rounds maybe. Traded my physical copy in for $15 a couple of years ago, is there a new set of achievements for the downloaded version?

What kind of price were your expectng? Far Cry 3 is $59.99 and they bumped that down to $20 also. Anyways does anyone knows if Crysis 3 Multiplayer is populated? I want to bite but I want to know if the MP will be playable..
Well I guess I was hoping for $15 or less. I see retail copies for $40 all the time so I thought it was the MSRP at this point. Considering the campaign is like 4 hours (from what I hear) I don't want to fork $20 for a digital copy. Just my opinion. I'd pay $20 for MGR or Tomb Raider though. I am a sucker for Metal Gear stuff.

Picked up Orange Box, DA:O, FC3, and WWE13. Not a bad sale. Never played any of these games. Here's hoping Xcom goes for $10 or under.

Picked up a few games (Far Cry 3 & Bulletstorm). would like some information on prices and how to buy them cheaper on the hungary marketplace..if anyone can point me in the right direction id appreciate it

Well I guess I was hoping for $15 or less. I see retail copies for $40 all the time so I thought it was the MSRP at this point. Considering the campaign is like 4 hours (from what I hear) I don't want to fork $20 for a digital copy. Just my opinion. I'd pay $20 for MGR or Tomb Raider though. I am a sucker for Metal Gear stuff.
Well if you look at the times that people have posted for Crysis 3 on howlongtobeat . com it ranges from 2hrs(!!WTF!!) - 10hrs. But the average is around 6hrs. I don't mind picking it up at this price since I hear the multiplayer is fun. Particularly one mode where its humans against nano-suit wearererers.

Just google it, or read back 5 pages; it's been answered ad nauseum.  I guess due to the 'questionable' nature of the exploit, it's not in the OP.

Hmmm, is Crysis 3 worth the 20 bucks?
I was wondering the same thing. I'd be playing it strictly for the single player campaign and from everything I have read it's fairly short.

Also, trying to decide if I should keep the $9 used copy that was on sale at BBY a few weeks ago or unload and go with the digital version...

I'm real curious what MGR:Rev and Gears Judgment will go down to. If they hit $20, that'd be pretty hard to pass up. I wonder what the chances are? Gears J didn't do well at retail, I believe, so it wouldn't shock me if M-soft goes real low with it to get people playing (and buying those stupid ridiculously priced weapon skin packs!)

Same goes for Bioshock Infinite which I already have, but really, that game is worth full retail in a second without further thought. Tomb Raider is damn good too and if that hits $15 = insta-purchase for those who are even mildly interested.
Several people seem to think under $20 each but im personally hoping that MGR is exactly $20 lol. I have 4 of 5 on my punchcard and the last game has to be at least $20...I have about 2000 msp left so I dont want to have to get MGR under $20 (unless its $10 which i dont think itll be that low) and then find another $20 game and buy more points just to get my 1600 points from the promo..i guess either way it goes if I had to buy like GTA4 or something at 19.99 it wouldnt be too bad but Id rather just buy MGR at 1600 pts and then get 1600 back :)

I passed on Forza Horizon for $10 on black friday. Does anybody think it's worth $15 so late in its cycle. P.S. I passed on it because I am a huge fan of NFS Most Wanted, so I got NFSMW2 , I hated it. 

I can't decide on Witcher 2. I don't think I'll play it and I had a physical copy I sold without playing through. From what I played, the combat was and control scheme were terrible. The way you fight was a big part of the reason I didn't want to play it.

I can't decide on Witcher 2. I don't think I'll play it and I had a physical copy I sold without playing through. From what I played, the combat was and control scheme were terrible. The way you fight was a big part of the reason I didn't want to play it.
Then I think you've already decided to get it or not. :D

Listen people. I'm going to give you some sound advice. Now now, don't think i'm just talking out my rear end. Nope. This is the most important thing you'll hear all day. Are you ready? Okay. Buy The Witcher 2. Hey now, i don't want to hear how you haven't played the first game in the series and that you need to finish it first or there will be an empty place in your soul. That doesn't matter to me at all. Oh, now you don't have time to play it? Well haven't you heard that it's about the journey and not the destination? Look, be a good gamer and buy it. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself. You won't regret it. You've got my word.

Nice, thanks for posting this. I missed the fact that four other songs are on sale now, too.
They're in the OP. Not the 2 new drops, but the old ones are.

I've never played Half Life. I'm assuming I should jump all over Orange Box for $5?
No. To me, Half Life doesn't hold up all that well those just starting out with it now.

Anyone know why the witcher 2 size is 7.04 GB for the GoD version and the retail disks come in at around 14GB?
7.04? That's surprising to me. I know A LOT of assets are duplicated between discs, I would have guessed Witcher 2 to be 9-10 GBs on GoD.

Alright so I basically just got paid $6 to own Forza Horizon.  Bought it for $15 in November, just traded it in today for $21 MS Points, bought it back now for $15.

Weird 

I passed on Forza Horizon for $10 on black friday. Does anybody think it's worth $15 so late in its cycle. P.S. I passed on it because I am a huge fan of NFS Most Wanted, so I got NFSMW2 , I hated it.
I bought this during Black Friday and it was worth every cent. Traded it in for twice what I paid but buying it again for $15 is a bargain for me. I also did not like the NFSMW 2012 but this Forza is very good. I bit at this price to play more if it. Only got halfway thru it the first time I had it.

Listen people. I'm going to give you some sound advice. Now now, don't think i'm just talking out my rear end. Nope. This is the most important thing you'll hear all day. Are you ready? Okay. Buy The Witcher 2. Hey now, i don't want to hear how you haven't played the first game in the series and that you need to finish it first or there will be an empty place in your soul. That doesn't matter to me at all. Oh, now you don't have time to play it? Well haven't you heard that it's about the journey and not the destination? Look, be a good gamer and buy it. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself. You won't regret it. You've got my word.
While I can appreciate your enthusiasm, can you tell us *why* you feel this way? What made it so good in your opinion?

Ultimate Games on Demand Sale

Regular 

Sale Price

Save

Savings

Witcher 2

$39.99

$9.99

$30.00

75%

Forza Horizon

$39.99

$14.99

$25.00

63%

Left 4 Dead 2

$29.99

$9.99

$20.00

67%

The Orange Box

$19.99

$4.99

$15.00

75%

Crysis 3

$59.99

$19.99

$40.00

67%

Hmm... Was gonna jump on Forza if it was 9.99, not worth the $5 extra for me, I bet I can find it cheaper in a physical disc sale later on. Already have Left 4 Dead 2 and Orange Box and $20 is to much for me for Crysis 3. Guess I will keep saving me points and see what comes down the pipe tomorrow :) Great sale so far!

Forza Horizon is one of the best racing games I've ever played, and I'm not really much into that genre of games, (aside from NFS Underground), it's just so relaxing and easy to play, also gorgeous graphics to look at. I may rebuy it at this price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back