XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. The final day's sales should show up around 7-8 EST tonight.

First Day Sales went dead around 3pm EST yesterday. I remember because I was at work and asked if I should but via Xbox.com or wait until I get out of work. Good thing I listened to everyone. Was definitely dead by 4:30pm (when I left work).

I will add some BL2 DLC input for those deciding.

I enjoyed all the DLC stories (haven't played the newest one yet). In terms of gameplay time scarletts is the longest followed by torgue and then hammerlock.

In addition to time each one has achievements on it's own. Also, each offers Raid style bosses which are great for drops. Scarletts has 2 raid bosses though 1 is rarely fought because hes a gimmicky fight. Scarlett also has (had?) a helpful bug which allows you to trick the game into thinking there are 4 players in the game. This is helpful in increasing drop rates and challenge factor. This could have been fixed in updates recently though. It also has an exploitable treasure room which can be farmed easily (again, unless it was fixed recently).

Torgue has 1 raid boss who is probably the easiest to solo, has mad drop rates, and is worth the purchase for farming purposes. In addition, the torgue DLC has torgue vending machines with guaranteed orange (rarest) rarity items in them. It makes finding those orange torgue guns much easier!

Hammerlock's is the most different of the DLCs with more unique enemies than the other 2 and also comes with a raid boss ass well.

In terms of gameplay I would recommend scarlett, torgue, then hammerlock. In terms of additional end game content for farming purposes I would put torgue on the same level as scarletts and hammerlock right after.

I found all 3 DLC stories to be fun and really funny though hammerlock gets knocked a lot, I think it has one of the funniest bosses in the game and torgue is hilarious just because of the torgue character.

For those of you who bought the orange box. Does team fortress 2 still have people that play online? Or is it dead. Really been wanting to play it again. Also L4D2 is a steal for $10 bucks. Online is still great and fun tobplay with friends.

How is the witcher 2? Thinking about getting that and Gears of war if they are cheap enough.
Witcher 2 from what was said yesterday (in a recap) is a very good adventure that has tough controls and is a bit too hard for casual gamers. Not the easiest game to learn but rewarding if you get past the first hour or so. Also, apparently there is some sexual content to be aware of. Definitely an adult game as far as the content goes. Personally, I'm looking forward to diving into it as I'm an RPG fan.

I was thinking about TW2... Angry Joe's review was great, I just don't like to THINK that much during a game. I used to, but now that I'm an old bastard, I just want to queue something up and play. Still thinking about Orange box, just to try Portal out...

I don't want to hear anything more of MS or any company not lowering prices to keep it friendly with retailers, cause some of these sales are really bringing the hurt.

Will be interesting to see XB1 sales when everything is digital the same day It's released.

Yeah, I think the Lego games are still on sale, so I will definitely wait to the prices for the Friday games before deciding if I will buy Forza.

I don't want to hear anything more of MS or any company not lowering prices to keep it friendly with retailers, cause some of these sales are really bringing the hurt.

Will be interesting to see XB1 sales when everything is digital the same day It's released.
Awesome sale for sure but one really good GoD sale a year if you're lucky doesn't really make up for most of them being way overpriced the rest of the time imo.

Was wondering why Games Room popped up on xbldb, started it and tried to buy the first game I came across it says item no longer available...? Was hoping they made all the games free =P (suggested something like this on major nelsons blog during the sale because someone wanted to have a classic arcade bundle =P)

Was wondering why Games Room popped up on xbldb, started it and tried to buy the first game I came across it says item no longer available...? Was hoping they made all the games free =P (suggested something like this on major nelsons blog during the sale because someone wanted to have a classic arcade bundle =P)
Does the game room stuff no longer work? I haven't tried for years lol but I think it's still a couple gigs or more that I could free up

Yup, we'll probably see similar sales on the X1 in the year 2021.

You think you've got it bad... I've got a 20 GB hard drive that I desperately need to upgrade. I've got at least 10 games I can't fit on there.

I can't decide on a 120 or 250 though.
dude just go for the 250gb, i thought 120 was enough for me until the end of time, then i was forced to buy a 250 because im a capitalist whore and now I need a 320 :/

Is anyone else having issues buying L4D2?  I'm on Xbox.com and bough the Orange Box (again) just fine, but the sale for L4D won't go through.

Is anyone else having issues buying L4D2? I'm on Xbox.com and bough the Orange Box (again) just fine, but the sale for L4D won't go through.

Yeah, I'm also having issues. I picked up The Orange Box with MS points earlier, but I keep getting an error message when I try to buy L4D2 on the Xbox marketplace. Xbox.com gives me "This purchase cannot be completed at this time." I've been trying for over 30 minutes now. :cry:

Just trying to add these to my account since I will be away from my Xbox and computer for the rest of today.

This!

And it's not like this is the first time they have done a sale like this. They have been having great sales like this for the last 18 months or so!

Yeah, I'm also having issues. I picked up The Orange Box with MS points earlier, but I keep getting an error message when I try to buy L4D2 on the Xbox marketplace. Xbox.com gives me "This purchase cannot be completed at this time." I've been trying for over 30 minutes now. :cry:

Just trying to add these to my account since I will be away from my Xbox and computer for the rest of today.
Having the same issue on my xbox and on xbox.com

Quick question about the Void Walkers arsenal: Are the bone charms you get with it automatically unlocked? or do you have to find them in game? And i noticed that all of it was originally retailer exclusive DLC and that each part of it adds an extra slot for bone charms. So does that mean you get 4 additional bone charm slots?

Quick question about the Void Walkers arsenal: Are the bone charms you get with it automatically unlocked? or do you have to find them in game? And i noticed that all of it was originally retailer exclusive DLC and that each part of it adds an extra slot for bone charms. So does that mean you get 4 additional bone charm slots?
They're in your apartment, on the desk next to your bed. You also get extra $$ too. Best to use at the start of the game. Yes, you can get up to 5 extra slots for buying the DLC and the extra slot in-game.

I have a question to those that have used multiple hard drives on their xbox slim. I have a spare 250gig hard drive, my current hard drive is down to 50gigs, so i need to swap hard drives soon.
Is it just a simple thing, put it in, format it, then start using it? And also, what happens to the list of games i currently have on the full hard drive, will they disappear from my list of games, or will they still be there but unplayable?

I traded my copy to gamestop yesterday for 19.50, but after seeing the other guy post about amazons 25.00 tradein looks like i lost out on some extra money. Just checked, (i didnt lose out, i didnt have the limited ed.)
It was tempting to rebuy at 600 points but forza wasnt really my type of game, i only bought it because it was on sale for 15.00 awhile back. The game was open world driving, which was cool, but it got boring after awhile, i wanted police chases to happen but i guess since i'm more of a need 4 speed hot pursuit type racing fan that's where my problem lies.
I'm seeing a trade in value of 12.47 for the regular, 25.54 for the limited edition on amazon. Did the trade-in value nuke that fast from yesterday?

The season pass includes all four campaign add-ons, and 11 extra experience levels, but it does not include the Mechromancer or Psycho Bandit characters who are currently on sale as well.

The season pass WAS on sale only once so far, and that sale is not a part of this event.

When it did go on sale, the Season Pass was 25% off. 1800 points, better known as $22.50 in the real world.

Buying the season pass while it's not on sale = $30

All season pass content purchased at current sale / regular prices = 27.50

Three DLC packs at 50% off plus the latest one at full price = $25

Two DLC packs at 50% off--skipping Hammerlock--plus the latest one at full price = $20
P
Two DLC packs at 50% off--skipping Hammerlock--and waiting for a sale on Tiny Tina's DLC = $15 (probably).

Personally, I'd buy Scarlett and Torgue, and skip Hammerlock.

Before you download the 11 extra levels, I'd also wait to see if you're still interested in playing the third playthrough after the level cap. The 3rd playthrough itself is free to everyone, but the extra levels are not*. Hitting the cap with all four starter characters though--if you even hit the cap with one or two--takes a long, long time.

* If that seems crazy to you, it really isn't. Adding new levels isn't as simple as changing the number. New levels mean that skills can be used together which were previously impossible to combine--such as using two final tier skills at once--so the entire game needed to be adjusted and re-balanced.
Thanks for the help! I'm going with the two dlcs (Scarlett and Torgue) and waiting for Tina to drop in price. Those points saved can be used wisely in the upcoming days of the sale.

Predictions on cost of Bioshock Infi?  If it's 20 bucks, instabuy.  

That's the only game I want so far.  

I might pick up Crysis 1 and maybe Mass Effect.  

Got the Orange Box and it's amazing. 

What time do the next day sales go live? Wanna know if I should re pick up L4D2 or tomb raider if its $15 or $10. Does anyone think L4D2 will get extended since its priced at $30?

EDIT one minute later: I had the game installed to the hard drive (but needed the disc in the system), completely forgot, now I can buy the game digitally. Heads up for anyone else with this problem!

I want to buy Forza Horizon digitally but I used to play on a disc, so on the screen that allows you to buy the game usually, it says "Play Now" instead of "Buy for $14.99" so I can't figure out how to buy it. even tried going to the xbox live marketplace website on my laptop and can't find the buy page. surely other people have bought discs for games (and used them) before buying the same game digitally. How can I do this as well?

I want to buy Forza Horizon digitally but I used to play on a disc, so on the screen that allows you to buy the game usually, it says "Play Now" instead of "Buy for $14.99" so I can't figure out how to buy it. even tried going to the xbox live marketplace website on my laptop and can't find the buy page. surely other people have bought discs for games (and used them) before buying the same game digitally. How can I do this as well?
I think that may be because you still have the disc versions installation file still on your hard drive. Delete it if you do and see if it comes up to buy the digital version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back