XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
at most the game is 8 to 10 hours each playthrough and that's low chaos with sneaking so with all achievement thats about 20 hours
Short is extremely subjective. All action games this gen are mostly short. And the ones that aren't tend to drag on simply because the length is padded with optional things. Dishonored has a lot of variation in playthroughs. Not everyone plays through a game once and tosses it aside. I started a second playthrough immediately after finishing it the first time. Then I started a third.

Also CAGs are strange. Can't find anyone besides CAGs who doesn't call Mass Effect 2 the clear best game in the trilogy. Besides, Mass Effect has the Mako LoL

I'd like to get Orange Box for 160 pts..but dont know what Id do with the remaining 640 points on a Hungarian account. Already got FarCry 3 and Crysis. 

Gears Judgement worth the $30? Any DLC on sale, or should I wait for the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition? I'll probably pass, with Diablo 3, GTA 5, Watch Dogs, and the Xbox One right around the corner...

Also CAGs are strange. Can't find anyone besides CAGs who doesn't call Mass Effect 2 the clear best game in the trilogy. Besides, Mass Effect has the Mako LoL
Yes the Mako was janky, but making me play a stupid scanning mini-game instead of landing on a planet was ridiculous. And yes, I know there was a mini-game to open locks, doors, safes in ME1, but I didn't mind it. And truth be told, I actually liked the Mako. I loved landing on worlds and trying to find the few spots that could be accessed. Yes there were like 5 planets where it drove me nuts but if you got your Mako stuck you could always call for the Normandy to grab you and just shoot yourself down planetside again. It made the game more mysterious. The characters and the story in ME2 just didn't do it for me. You already know what you're getting into from the get go, a suicide mission where if you do your homework you'll survive and if you don't people will die. There was something really fresh about ME1 and how novel the place was. Neither of the sequels could capture that. Plus having to make certain major choices was amazing. And the end boss was great. ME3 has the worst end boss ever. And ME2's boss just didn't matter to me. If you're a shooter fan yes ME2 is better - if you're an RPG fan it's a slight mess. I still don't even get why I have to press the B button to continue on the equip/skills screens that pop-up before missions. B is the back to the previous menu button in every other game, it took me 10 minutes to realize that in this one instance it would advance me. Some weird things I didn't like.

EDIT one minute later: I had the game installed to the hard drive (but needed the disc in the system), completely forgot, now I can buy the game digitally. Heads up for anyone else with this problem!

I want to buy Forza Horizon digitally but I used to play on a disc, so on the screen that allows you to buy the game usually, it says "Play Now" instead of "Buy for $14.99" so I can't figure out how to buy it. even tried going to the xbox live marketplace website on my laptop and can't find the buy page. surely other people have bought discs for games (and used them) before buying the same game digitally. How can I do this as well?
Others are wrong. You don't have to uninstall the game to buy it (you might have to remove and redownload it eventually, though). At the game screen select "See Full Game," go to "Extras" or where the add-ons/DLC are and you should see the option to buy it if you haven't already purchased it from that account.

Ugh, I was gonna pass on this until I saw this. What about it is arcadey? I've really only enjoyed burnout style racers. I watched some gameplay videos and it looked pretty tame/sim like.

I love racing games, and Forza Horizon may be my favorite racing game I've ever played. I didn't get bored with it like I do with the sim Forza's after playing for an hour, and I love those games to. It's worth $60 to me.

Mass Effect 2 was not bad, but it lost so much soul. It turned into a mechanically generic third-person shooter with great production value and story but little heart.

Any opinions on Command & Conquer red alert? I'm not familiar with RTS games.
There is an expansion for Red Alert 3 that was released as a separate XBLA game. If you never tried an RTS, I suggest to just download the trial for that, ita the same game as Red Alert 3. I personally like the game, it plays very similar to Halo Wars.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but L4D2 appears to be fixed now. Not 100% sure, though, I haven't checked out because I'm on the fence again.

Edit: it is fixed, I just bought it for 800 points (US marketplace).

What else is good in this sale?
Depends on the games you have/are interested in. I bought every single game priced under $5. Tempted to get Witcher and Hitman, but I own them already on discs, so I'll just save my points.

How often does M$ have this kind of epic sale?
It terms of sales specifically for GoD titles with sales as epic as this, about maybe twice a year. GoD sales arent very common. But they've been more frequent in recent months I think.

I'll pass on Bioshock Infinite until it reaches $20. 

Also, what do you guys think of Hitman Absolution? I remember playing a demo of a Hitman game on PS2 and not being impressed; in fact, it was too hard to even finish the objective (something about sneaking into a building). Are all the games in this series pretty much the same?

I'm not surprised that Metal Gear Rising is only $30 since the HD collection is still $20. BTW, does anyone know when the $20 sale on the Metal Gear HD Collection expires?

No.

I'll take the argument that it's not better than the first.

But that second game...
Bioshock Infinite was my least favorite of the three as well. Still a very good game (I think I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10, I'd give Bioshock 2 a 9/10 and the original a perfect 10/10). But that's just my opinion. I wrote a blog post explaining my opinion a while back, I won't post any of that stuff here but you can click on the blog link in my signature if you're actually interested in it.

I have enough to get Bioshock Infinite on the cheap because of M$ 5$ points but still...I feel bad giving up that many points
Maybe you have a similar opinion as I do. To me, just because I got some MSP for cheap doesn't mean that I should use it on games that are priced higher than I want to pay. To me, it's like someone traded me $30 for $10, so that means I'm supposed to be OK with spending more money on things then I normally would. That logic just doesn't make sense to me at all. I'll just pocket the $20 profit and forget about the transaction, then spend the money like I normally would.

Also, what do you guys think of Hitman Absolution? I remember playing a demo of a Hitman game on PS2 and not being impressed; in fact, it was too hard to even finish the objective (something about sneaking into a building). Are all the games in this series pretty much the same?
Absolution is a big change up from the earlier titles. It is the first one I have finished, the others I found too stealthy and boring. The 'stealth' is set up much more like puzzle solving, rather than 'hide and wait'. You will replay small sections of levels to try out the best methods. For instance there is a scene where a guy is weeing against a wall (which has visible cabling) when I first tried it I walked up behind him and killed him, however when I kept playing I saw I could expose the cabling so when he did his business he would get an electric shock and everyone think it was an accident.

I quite enjoyed it, if you have played Splinter Cell Conviction, they have a similar approach to stealth, it is pretty much optional.

Picked up Tomb Raider at $20. Everyone goes on about how good it is so I bit. Was hoping MGR was $20 too, oh well. Surprised how well that game has held it's value!

Seeing your choices from ME carry to ME2 was pretty cool at the time. I do not have a real preference to be honest. All 3 games had certain features that were awesome but they also all had issues that were annoying. I really think of the entire series as one at this point.

Short is extremely subjective. All action games this gen are mostly short. And the ones that aren't tend to drag on simply because the length is padded with optional things. Dishonored has a lot of variation in playthroughs. Not everyone plays through a game once and tosses it aside. I started a second playthrough immediately after finishing it the first time. Then I started a third.
sorry kid i insulted your fav game . Dishonored just has no content and the story is not that good its a avg game that i think is only worth it sub 20

its like human revolution no matter how you play the game the ending is the same with a small change in words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=016dZuob2Dc funny review

Infinite for 40 bucks.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA *wipes away tears, calms down a bit*... he... hehe..ha... *suppressing most laughing* haha..... ha. *gives in* AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No. No  :rofl:  :rofl:

so far i've gotten the 3 Borderlands2 DLC and Omega for ME3. gonna download the demo now for Forza and see if I want to get that. Debating on Far Cry IP---anyone have opinions on that?

can't recommend the Orange Box highly enough for $5.

I have enough microsoft points for 1 $5 game and a $3 game. What are your guys' thoughts on Dragon Age Origins? I have played skyrim and enjoyed it. Also is Prey any good?

Debating on Forza or WWE. I haven't played either type of game in years. The Forza demo was kind of fun.
WWE'13 is a great game its the best wrestling game on Xbox 360 at the moment and I own every wrestling game. Its even better if you grew up watching the Attitude Era since the entire story mode are matches from that time.

Absolution is a big change up from the earlier titles. It is the first one I have finished, the others I found too stealthy and boring. The 'stealth' is set up much more like puzzle solving, rather than 'hide and wait'. You will replay small sections of levels to try out the best methods. For instance there is a scene where a guy is weeing against a wall (which has visible cabling) when I first tried it I walked up behind him and killed him, however when I kept playing I saw I could expose the cabling so when he did his business he would get an electric shock and everyone think it was an accident.

I quite enjoyed it, if you have played Splinter Cell Conviction, they have a similar approach to stealth, it is pretty much optional.
In the older Splinter Cells you had to be stealthy, but not really with any of the Hitmans. I usually try to stealth, but fail in the 1st 5 minutes of the mission and still can complete them anyways.

I have enough microsoft points for 1 $5 game and a $3 game. What are your guys' thoughts on Dragon Age Origins? I have played skyrim and enjoyed it. Also is Prey any good?
I have played both Dragon Age games and I enjoyed DA2 a lot more but DA1 is also good and for $5 you cant go wrong.

WWE'13 is a great game its the best wrestling game on Xbox 360 at the moment and I own every wrestling game. Its even better if you grew up watching the Attitude Era since the entire story mode are matches from that time.
I saw that in a review and that is why I am interested. I haven't watched wrestling since then.

For those asking about WWE '13 recommendations, I personally highly recommend it. 

I've played about every wrestling game on N64, PS2, Xbox360 and this is honestly the BEST game since Here Comes The Pain on PS2.

Certainly the best WWE game of this console generation.  By far.

For $15 it's a total steal and should be taken advantage of immediately.

I got my disc copy for $30 from Gamestop new shortly after Christmas (used a GC for what it matters) but felt the purchase was totally worth every penny. 

I saw that in a review and that is why I am interested. I haven't watched wrestling since then.
been playing wwe 13 all day....and ill say this....its a good game, however in the attitude era mode u have all these objectives to do during a match.....some of them can become quite a chore.....and u end up spending more time trying to do them then enjoying the game....some of your opponents can be unfair hard.....and the pin system, while it makes the matches a little unpredictable....can be down right unfair as well....during the shawn michaels vs british bulldog match.....i got quite pissed at how often bulldog got signatures and finishers while it took me 10 mins but i got a signature.....aside from the occasional match with ridiculous objectives...there is some fun in the game.....i just wish they stop with these "redundant objectives in a match" crap....but for $15 you cant go wrong

also this last day of the sale kinda sucks...i got tomb raider...

Wwe13 is a good game. I'm really enjoying. The only thing that is driving me crazy is the counter system. I hate it. You're either too fast or too late to counter. And the computer counters every move I do. It's pretty dumb. Everything else about the game is good. The attitude era is great and brings back memories of watching wrestling when I was younger. It's worth 15 bucks

Yea....I really can't believe they are gonna have the last day of the sale (in regards to the individual days) be the crappiest of them all!  Those games aren't really even on sale (except for Hitman) all the others have already either been that price or could be had for cheaper elsewhere.  So disappointed.....really wanted to rebuy Infinite so I could play through 1999 mode.  (yes i had it on day 1 and sold it back for a profit...actually made money buying and playing it)

Wwe13 is a good game. I'm really enjoying. The only thing that is driving me crazy is the counter system. I hate it. You're either too fast or too late to counter. And the computer counters every move I do. It's pretty dumb. Everything else about the game is good. The attitude era is great and brings back memories of watching wrestling when I was younger. It's worth 15 bucks
The last wrestling game I played was Smackdown vs Raw 2007 and man that game's counter system was absolute shit. But with WWE 13 I found it to be a hell of alot easier to use. I managed to figure out when the AI uses it, I count to three when in a grapple and boom, REVERSED! But i know the finishers vary so those can be a pain to reverse.

Have you tried to adjust the sliders in the option menu ? I think you can adjust the reversals.

I know The Witcher on the Hungarian Marketplace requires a PAL Xbox, but could you buy it and then migrate the account to your local region to play the game?

Can anyone give me some info on Crysis 3? I want to get buy it, but I haven't seen anyone really talk about it. I played Crysis 2 and enjoyed it, but will I enjoy this one?

I'm really considering Divinity 2. The demo seemed like it would be ok. Also it doesn't look like it cheap at other place like DA :O or Bulletstorm. Has anyone played the full game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back