XBL DLC: Blazblue CS - Valkenhayn R. Hellsing - 320 MS points

zerosN1s

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
I posted about this in the XBL thread a while ago and it wasn't added so yeah this deserves it's own thread.

:)

I just wish there was sub forums in Video Game Deals for each console though. :/

It's out?? Now??? I thought it was coming out tomorrow. Oh, man, I'm all over this.

[quote name='Armads']Almost $5 for 1 additional character they must be out they got damn mind.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely not worth it if you're not all that into fighting games, but it's really not bad for people who are. Introducing a new character into a fighting game is the equivalent of adding a weapon+map pack for any FPS... even moreso in BlazBlue, since each character essentially has their own tailored fighting system. Balancing, moveset, design. Also, considering that BlazBlue:CS was also $40 retail at launch (where most CAGs got it for less, I imagine), I think it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuardianE']It's out?? Now??? I thought it was coming out tomorrow. Oh, man, I'm all over this.
[/QUOTE]

Haven't personally booted up my 360 to check, but it's been added to my DL queue. I imagine it's playable since the title update is there too.

[quote name='Kirios86']Just came in to post that I

[quote name='yamayama']I posted about this in the XBL thread a while ago and it wasn't added so yeah this deserves it's own thread.

:)

I just wish there was sub forums in Video Game Deals for each console though. :/[/QUOTE]
If you are talking about the DotW thread, Sorry if I missed it. I did a quick second scan and still didn't see a post about it. Are you talking about the Marketplace thread?

If you're an avid fighting game fan, Valkenhayn is fucking worth the 4$ value several times over. This guy is badass and a privelage to play.

No one is being forced to purchase it. You can still play against those players that did. If you're complaining about the price, just keep moving along as I highly doubt you actively play this game, let alone own a copy, or else you'd already know. This DLC is neither the first or last for this game, and it is also less expensive than the previous for the time being. If you do play the game and are hung up on the price for the new DLC, then :-({|=

[quote name='reddjoey']If you are talking about the DotW thread, Sorry if I missed it. I did a quick second scan and still didn't see a post about it. Are you talking about the Marketplace thread?[/QUOTE]

Looks like he meant the AkSys/Atlus/etc thread. At the time the dlc was a week away and only confirmed for the JP release. Either way, it was an unannounced release for the US region.

[quote name='GuardianE']It's out?? Now??? I thought it was coming out tomorrow. Oh, man, I'm all over this.

It's definitely not worth it if you're not all that into fighting games, but it's really not bad for people who are. Introducing a new character into a fighting game is the equivalent of adding a weapon+map pack for any FPS... even moreso in BlazBlue, since each character essentially has their own tailored fighting system. Balancing, moveset, design. Also, considering that BlazBlue:CS was also $40 retail at launch (where most CAGs got it for less, I imagine), I think it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand. I'm into BlazBlue but $5 for a character that shoulda been in the game (considering it's supposed to be the next installment to the series, no reason not to add a decent amount of new characters, look at ssf4.) it's just cold.

[quote name='Armads']Yeah, I understand. I'm into BlazBlue but $5 for a character that shoulda been in the game (considering it's supposed to be the next installment to the series, no reason not to add a decent amount of new characters, look at ssf4.) it's just cold.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can take some solace in knowing that he's not an unlock key. He was definitely created/finished post launch.

Keep in mind that Arc System Works is not as large a company as Capcom. They added a ton of new content to make BlazBlue:CS worth it. Additionally, and you may already know this, but adding new sprite based characters takes a ton more work than adding new polygon models for a 2.5d fighter like SSFIV. They have to create all the frames of animation. It's a lengthy process.

[quote name='Armads']Yeah, I understand. I'm into BlazBlue but $5 for a character that shoulda been in the game (considering it's supposed to be the next installment to the series, no reason not to add a decent amount of new characters, look at ssf4.) it's just cold.[/QUOTE]

Should have been in the game? The game came out in summer, and we are getting incremental upgrades to BlazBlue CS II. There will be no disc copy of BBCS 2, so I don't understand what you are getting at. This character is not even on the disc. Makoto was $7, Valh is $5, and Platnium will probably be $7. Thats just $19 dollars more to go from BBCS to BBCS 2. Unless thats too rich for you.

[quote name='Japakneez']Get used to it. I believe Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will also sell characters.[/QUOTE]

This. We already have DLC chars for the CE which will be on sale a month later.

Get
Valkenhype.jpg

Can't wait to give him a chance once I get home. :3

Got him this morning. Played around for like 15-20 mins, he's going to be a LOT of fun. I would have gladly paid $7 for him, but I'm stoked that he's discounted.

Anyone who picked him up (or that is interested in BB:CS) should hit up the thread on the Xbox forum.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7287778

A few of us will probably get some games going tomorrow night. Hit up Guardian or I if you'd ever like to play.

I just got Blazblue CT for PS3. I'm new to this series, but I'm a big fighting game fan. I was wondering if I should pick up CS

for 360 or is there something that would make it worth more for me to get it on PS3? (ex: DLC, etc.). I got arcade sticks and

fight pads for both systems.

I'm asking cause when I bought SF4 on PS3, I purchased the full costume pack on that system and when Super came out I

would have bought the game for 360 (for variety), except for the fact I would have preferred to have the costume packs I

bought on the PS3 available to me and not buy the costume packs again. So I ended up getting Super on the PS3 as well.

If anyone could offer up some suggestions I would appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance.

Brock F'N Sampson;7931604]I just got Blazblue CT for PS3. I'm new to this series said:
Both are pretty much identical content-wise, especially if you have sticks/pads for both consoles. It really just comes down to which console you have more friends on that would play BlazBlue with you. :D

The achievements are glitched apparently but I still bought it because it's on sale.

It just sucks because we'll probably have to wait ANOTHER 2 months for a patch. Unless it's something on Microsoft's end then hopefully then can fix it sooner. I was really looking forward to this too. :/

[quote name='Armads']Almost $5 for 1 additional character they must be out they got damn mind.[/QUOTE]

Do you realize how big an addition a fighter is to a fighting game? It's HUGE. Characters ARE the game! That's the core of the game - two characters fighting. It's not like adding an extra character to NBA Jam or something. Adding a new character is a huge addition to gameplay in a fighting game. It's like an expansion is to an adventure or RPG.

great deal for people who are into blazblue...but when are they going to be deal on blazblue cs...i thought it would drop in price by now.

Brock F'N Sampson;7931604]I just got Blazblue CT for PS3. I'm new to this series said:
Both the 360/PS3 community has its share of good players and annoying assholes. If you've got RL friends that play the game that you might want to compete with, get it for that system.

If not, either version will be fine... although, it's not certain if something like that Valk DLC delay that might happen to the 360 folks again.

On the topic of the actual DLC itself, I've used Valk quite a bit since his release in PSN really enjoy using him. He's not particularly hard to use but he's not noob friendly either. Powerful and stylish, what's not to like. A steal at $4 if you're into Blazblue in anyway in my book.

[quote name='youngavatar']great deal for people who are into blazblue...but when are they going to be deal on blazblue cs...i thought it would drop in price by now.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? And it's only going to get rarer and more expensive as CSII (free patch FTW) comes out. The cheapest I could find was Amazon Warehouse- I scored a used PS3 copy for $27. Just keep an eye out on there. That'll probably be your best bet.

[quote name='chickenbutt']I'm confused. What's this CSII you guys are talking about?[/QUOTE]

It basically Blazblue continuum shift 2 but with all the dlc characters, but it only being release arcade in japan.

[quote name='youngavatar']It basically Blazblue continuum shift 2 but with all the dlc characters, but it only being release arcade in japan.[/QUOTE]

Well, it'll have an arcade release too, but Continuum Shift II is going to be a free patch for the console versions. It's going to balance the game and make a bunch of changes. You can check the full list of changes here- it might not make a lot of sense if you don't know the game's notations, though.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/988982-blazblue-continuum-shift/57231478

bread's done
Back