XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sath666']Yep, he will keep Fifa12 game history on his card for forever. Even MS will not remove it after they refund his MSP. ;)[/QUOTE]
Everything is ruined forever

Downloading the demo to Orcs Must Die. I tried Dungeon Defends and was not a huge fan of it, so for 33% off it's a pass for me. I wish Toy Soldiers Cold War was on sale, oh well.

I also wish Defense Grid: You Monster was on sale, but that just came out and I know it's wishful thinking, but when I see Defense Grid there it made me want the add-on.

Orcs Must Die is mine, would have bought Dungeon Defenders at 50% off, but not 33%. I can wait, I have too many XBLA games as it is.

Completely off topic but since I have been talking about PC game prices vs XBLA this morning I thought I would bring this news. Diablo III is coming to consoles. I think Torchlight showed you can do a point and click well on the console. Very happy about this if they do it right. Do not want to spend the money upgrading my system for one game.

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1216193p1.html

Was really excited for Dungeon Defenders before it came out especially when it started getting good reviews on top of the hype, but the demo was really unimpressive to me. Pretty big let down and I love TD. Orcs must die demo was ok. Might check it out again.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Completely off topic but since I have been talking about PC game prices vs XBLA this morning I thought I would bring this news. Diablo III is coming to consoles. I think Torchlight showed you can do a point and click well on the console. Very happy about this if they do it right. Do not want to spend the money upgrading my system for one game.

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1216193p1.html[/QUOTE]

This so made my day!!! I bought SC2 CE when it came out and my computer can play it on the lowest settings, but when things get busy in it it chugs. I wanted D3 but didn't want to invest in a new computer yet, so this is amazing news!

I just hope they can somehow do what Valve did with Portal 2 and try and make it cross platform with PC players, but I am unsure if they can or even want to do that due to balancing and lag issues.

Either way I am pleased by this news very much.

I think Dungeon Defenders was OK... I need to get into it a bit more. I love Orcs Must Die. I didn't think I would, but it sucked me in.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Just had my account compromised! I noticed it about 1 hour after it occurred, but I had over 5,000 points stolen. Everyone should check to make sure they don't have any eamils saying an alternate email address was added to their windows live account or their xbox says they were previously signed into another console!

The alternate email was a @qq.com address, which I believe was the same domain used during the FIFA incident. I've never played FIFA, but still, wanna make sure I warn my fellow CAGs.

EDIT: Also, the items on my billing.microsoft.com were all "GOLD PLAYERS PREMIUM"...so definitely seems FIFA/EA related.[/QUOTE]
Okay, changing my password and taking off my credit card info tonight. This is crazy. I am officially paranoid till I can adjust it later on

That said. This week's Tower Defense is like the schmup week, not my thing at all. And next week is repeats that are still not as cheap as buying the GTAIV complete edition. Ah well

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Was really excited for Dungeon Defenders before it came out especially when it started getting good reviews on top of the hype, but the demo was really unimpressive to me. Pretty big let down and I love TD. Orcs must die demo was ok. Might check it out again.[/QUOTE]

I got Orcs Must Die at launch and loved it. I watched a bunch of DD videos and after Orcs Must Die it just seemed slow and uninteresting with fewer defense options. Then I won a Steam code for it. I played for about half an hour but it didn't do anything for me. The next time I picked it up I played a bit more, leveled up a lot, and it finally clicked. I now have experience with all of the classes and none of them are really interesting until you've unlocked more towers/traps and gotten better gear. It unfortunately doesn't demo well as a result.

Of course I have it on the PC where they've been steadily releasing free DLC and games are always easy to get into. It's also been really cheap there as others have mentioned. The developer also updates and tweaks it a lot. Until late last month they were updating it about 3x a week. Due to Microsoft's update certification and DLC policies I imagine the PC version will remain the better one so I'm not sure that I'd recommend getting it in this sale even though I really like the game.

If you aren't going to play multiplayer, I'd say Orcs Must Die is the better purchase. My ideal game would be a combination of the two. I like OMD's style and traps a lot more. I just wish it was co-op because I don't feel like I have much reason to return to it.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']
EDIT: Also, the items on my billing.microsoft.com were all "GOLD PLAYERS PREMIUM"...so definitely seems FIFA/EA related

EDIT 2: Looks like my recent game played is GODDAMN FIFA now...they better be able to remove it off my list and the achievements associated with it, I am fucking crazy OCD about that shit.[/QUOTE]

THe problem is so many people re-using usernames and passwords. I mean, thinking about it, a few months back someone could have hacked my info from any of a zillion sites and probably been able to log into my xbox account. After a friend got hacked a few months back i went around changing up almost every single password. Now none of my 'vital' logins match any of my other important logins.

So at this point i'm thinking it either is EA/Origin related, or hackers have just found a great way to profit from user info they've hacked from other sites. It might just be that user info stolen from some site that might not even be related to gaming mathces peoples gamertags and password on xbox, and turning that into FIFA Ultimate Team players is the most profitable way to use that info.

I think it's pretty clear it's not a straight-up XBOX hack at this point.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Downloading the demo to Orcs Must Die. I tried Dungeon Defends and was not a huge fan of it, so for 33% off it's a pass for me. I wish Toy Soldiers Cold War was on sale, oh well.

I also wish Defense Grid: You Monster was on sale, but that just came out and I know it's wishful thinking, but when I see Defense Grid there it made me want the add-on.[/QUOTE]

If you like Defense Grid, I'd honestly say You Monster is worth every penny. It's very challenging, but I'm enjoying it immensely. Fully voiced for both AI in the scenarios.

[quote name='flybrione']
Now they should have included Iron Brigade in the sale. I so want to play that game.[/QUOTE]

This. When I read that "towers" was the theme for this week, I was hoping that Iron Brigade would be on sale.

[quote name='tylerh1701']How do I take off my credit card info from Xbox? It lets me change cards, but not remove it entirely. Do I have to call them?[/QUOTE]

Are you using the website?

Go to My Account -> Manage payment options -> on the far right next to the card info and above the add/done/paypal stuff is a remove option

[quote name='tylerh1701']How do I take off my credit card info from Xbox? It lets me change cards, but not remove it entirely. Do I have to call them?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly you can remove it online. But if you can't find it there, you have to call.

You can't remove them all at once you need to use their new chat function or call them but you forfeit your gold time left if you remove it. It must be some new bullshit MS policy but I'm silver now after removing it.

OMD and DD are well worth the prices this week. I would definitely recommend both of these games to those who like tower defense, it's a new spin on an old genre! Been playing DD over the last two weeks since the Steam winter sale and I can say I've gotten my moneys worth so far.

[quote name='vamn']Are you using the website?

Go to My Account -> Manage payment options -> on the far right next to the card info and above the add/done/paypal stuff is a remove option[/QUOTE]

"This payment option cannot be removed at this time. Go to the Payment method information page to view services associated with this payment option."

That's the message I get, I go into Payment method information but still can't find anything to remove it.

It's ok, I guess. I forgot that on my Windows Phone, anytime I want to buy a game it has to be funded from a credit card, so I might as well leave it on there. Thanks though.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks for the input. I am getting the demo to check it out. But I think I will hold out for at least a few days since it's priced at 800. PSN is doing a 12 games for 2012 sale starting on the 17th, and I think this one will pop up there for 50% off (for PS+), so I'm hoping they announce the games before this sale ends.[/QUOTE]

I agree. 33% off isn't enough for me so I'm hoping for at least 50% off for PS+.

That is bizarre. Maybe because you have auto-renew for Live turned or something? (I use it for WP7 purchases , too.)

I just removed my credit card to test it. :/

enLS.jpeg

So my xbox live gold expires on thursday. I've seen an ad on my dashboard advertising 12 month gold for $39.99, or a 12 month retail card redeemed would net me a bonus 600 MSP. It was there a few days ago, disappeared the past few days, and is back again today.

I have some gamestop credit coming in the mail I was going to use to buy a 12 month card, but I'm not sure i'll receive it by thursday. Has anyone had an experience with this deal, and seen it advertised past their expiration date?

[quote name='harry hood']So my xbox live gold expires on thursday. I've seen an ad on my dashboard advertising 12 month gold for $39.99, or a 12 month retail card redeemed would net me a bonus 600 MSP. It was there a few days ago, disappeared the past few days, and is back again today.

I have some gamestop credit coming in the mail I was going to use to buy a 12 month card, but I'm not sure i'll receive it by thursday. Has anyone had an experience with this deal, and seen it advertised past their expiration date?[/QUOTE]
Might be for the month the deal for xbox rewards this month is 400 points.

[quote name='GUNNM']Might be for the month the deal for xbox rewards this month is 400 points.[/QUOTE]
This isn't that. This is an offer on my dashboard for 600 points

[quote name='tylerh1701']"This payment option cannot be removed at this time. Go to the Payment method information page to view services associated with this payment option."

That's the message I get, I go into Payment method information but still can't find anything to remove it.

It's ok, I guess. I forgot that on my Windows Phone, anytime I want to buy a game it has to be funded from a credit card, so I might as well leave it on there. Thanks though.[/QUOTE]

I get the same message when I try to remove my credit card. I think it may be due to have Family Gold. I think they make it harder to remove your card for some stupid, unjustified reason. In theory I can call and go through those hoops to get it removed, but I haven't done it yet. Probably I should, though.

[quote name='Dustinator']Okay, changing my password and taking off my credit card info tonight. This is crazy. I am officially paranoid till I can adjust it later on

That said. This week's Tower Defense is like the schmup week, not my thing at all. And next week is repeats that are still not as cheap as buying the GTAIV complete edition. Ah well[/QUOTE]

Can you refresh my memory and remind me what shmups were offered that week? I remember there being a week like that but don't rememnber what was offered.

Orcs Must Die and Dungeon Defenders both on sale is pretty sweet, but I'm going to go with Orcs for now and wait until DD is 50% off. DD is a very fun game in multiplayer, but not so much in single player.

EDIT: nevermind, I remember the shmup sale now, it was the one with Radiant Silvergun for half off. I missed it because was my Xbox was hacked and account suspended. Good times.

[quote name='harry hood']This isn't that. This is an offer on my dashboard for 600 points[/QUOTE]

I had that deal last year. I renewed with it an got 600 points. Well, I was awarded 400 and 2x 100 msp to be precise. The problem was it took a long time to get those points because it says 4-6 weeks, and that is from when your membership renews, not when you sign up for the deal. So for me it took 4-6 weeks longer than the 4-6 weeks. I would recommend jumping on it though, just put in the prepaid card through the dashboard deal. Mine went away a few times before I did it, so it will probably show up a few times for you.

[quote name='crunchewy']I get the same message when I try to remove my credit card. I think it may be due to have Family Gold. I think they make it harder to remove your card for some stupid, unjustified reason. In theory I can call and go through those hoops to get it removed, but I haven't done it yet. Probably I should, though.[/QUOTE]
You didn't hear this from "me", but you can easily change your expiration date. It makes XBL grumpy if they try to charge against it, but I guarantee that you won't see any unplanned charges. I'd definitely remove PayPal as well, since that can suck down your ACTUAL bank account.

[quote name='shivan128']OMD and DD are well worth the prices this week. I would definitely recommend both of these games to those who like tower defense, it's a new spin on an old genre! Been playing DD over the last two weeks since the Steam winter sale and I can say I've gotten my moneys worth so far.[/QUOTE]
I thought DD deserved my points as well, even though it's only down by 33%. They don't have the ability to "influence" the Marketplace like they can on PC, and there's some popular titles that MS won't allow a publisher to budge on, or if the publisher even knows what they're doing about promotions or selecting good titles vs. crap (as is the case with D3). I just wish DD had a season pass available for the "Lost Eternia Shards" campaign that could go on sale, so I can give up points all at once, rather than wait for each individual part to go on sale ... if they do at all.

[quote name='crunchewy']I get the same message when I try to remove my credit card. I think it may be due to have Family Gold. I think they make it harder to remove your card for some stupid, unjustified reason. In theory I can call and go through those hoops to get it removed, but I haven't done it yet. Probably I should, though.[/QUOTE]

Just a note when the card is removed go try to buy points and it pops up the card they/you removed.... So what is up with that? I had my card expire last month so not updating my card on xbox live. Win Win for me and i got gold for awhile so i am set. It is a shame they say it is removed but nope it is not fully gone is shows gone but when you try to buy something and click add points the card shows up.

MS is Evil and hope Sony or some other company takes over and we move on to them.

I bought Orcs Must Die during the steam sale and it was pretty fun for the few hours, but I sort of lost interest after that. It is satisfying seeing your traps working effectively, but it just gets sort of repetitive after a while and certain weapons can almost break the game. Not sure I would recommend it at a 7.50 price point (only paid 3 bucks and change on steam).

Tempted to double dip on dungeon defenders so I can actually play it with friends, but 800 points seems pretty steep.

[quote name='vamn']That is bizarre. Maybe because you have auto-renew for Live turned or something? (I use it for WP7 purchases , too.)

I just removed my credit card to test it. :/[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, that is kind of bizarre. I have auto renewal turned off, but I'm currently on a deal where I had to have auto-renewal on. Several months ago the dashboard had it on sale for $30/year, this was about a month before the price got jacked up to $60, so I signed up for it even though I had a lot of time remaining on my first year. Anyway, if I would have canceled auto-renew during that time I would have lost out on the $30 deal, so I kept it on til it renewed. I'm now in that year, and I'm guessing they won't let me take it off til that year expires.

Just my uneducated guess.

[quote name='Slermy']If you like Defense Grid, I'd honestly say You Monster is worth every penny. It's very challenging, but I'm enjoying it immensely. Fully voiced for both AI in the scenarios.[/QUOTE]

I am sure it's worth the $5 and it may never go on sale given that it is only 400 points. But the fact that I have around 300 games just for PS3/360 in my backlog I made a choice to only buy games on XBL and PSN when they are on sale, anything else is something I just don't consider, even if it is amazing.

[quote name='louiedog']I don't think it was listed in the video or any of the info that came out yesterday, but House Party begins on the 15th of February. Still no word on pricing or release order yet.[/QUOTE]

Some of those House Party games look sweet, but I'm not really looking forward to it. Sometimes MS tends to offer awful DotWs during promotions they have going, as to not cannibalize sales for the games in the promotion.

During SoA 2011 we were treated to (behind spoilers so it doesn't look like a list):

7/19 - Deal of the Week

-Grand Theft Auto IV - Ballad of Gay Tony - 800 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Grand Theft Auto IV - The Lost and Damned - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off

7/27 - Deal of the Week

DLC:

-Arrival - 280 Microsoft Points - 50% off (Was accidentally on sale briefly on 7/19 as well)
-Lair of the Shadow Broker - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Kasumi's Stolen Memory - 280 Microsoft Points - 50% off

8/2 - Deal of the Week

Change your Gamertag - 560 Microsoft Points - 30% off

8/9 - Deal of the Week

Rock Band DLC

8/16 - Deal of the Week

Black - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Fable - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Legend of Spyro: The New Beginning - 800 Microsoft Points -33% off

Yup, auto-renew MUST be disabled to remove the associated payment method.

I removed my debit card and my girlfriend's debit card from our accounts today.

If it is proven that EA's customer service reps were responsible for being social engineered into giving out login info to hackers, I hope they get spanked hard for it. I'm already boycotting them over their bullshit online pass system, but to potentially have my real life assets compromised due to their negligence is just crossing the line. This needs to be brought to light, and the "we were phished" excuse is not going to work any more.

[quote name='preston181']If it is proven that EA's customer service reps were responsible for being social engineered into giving out login info to hackers, I hope they get spanked hard for it. I'm already boycotting them over their bullshit online pass system, but to potentially have my real life assets compromised due to their negligence is just crossing the line. This needs to be brought to light, and the "we were phished" excuse is not going to work any more.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying EA is not at fault, but my EA account and windows ID email/passwords are different and my account was hacked.

[quote name='salty tbone']I'm not saying EA is not at fault, but my EA account and windows ID email/passwords are different and my account was hacked.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that EA Customer Service is at fault. If it was them, PS3 users could be experiencing the same hacks. Yet this is an Xbox-specific problem. Microsoft obviously doesn't want to accept blame, but given the facts we're presented with, it has to fall on them. I don't know how, but somehow they must have been compromised. I think the only way to be safe is to change up your Live password immediately.

I was just thinking how all the XBOX fanboys were bashing Sony when PSN was hacked. I wonder where they are now? :p

I think both hacks sucked, but nothing is 100% secure, but the fanboys were claiming how it would never happen on XBL.

Not trying to derail the topic, just found that funny.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I was just thinking how all the XBOX fanboys were bashing Sony when PSN was hacked. I wonder where they are now? :p

I think both hacks sucked, but nothing is 100% secure, but the fanboys were claiming how it would never happen on XBL.

Not trying to derail the topic, just found that funny.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they like to claim it is a closed network. Whenever I mention that by logging onto Xbox.com and editing their account details showing it is not closed, they never respond.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Oh wow, that is kind of bizarre. I have auto renewal turned off, but I'm currently on a deal where I had to have auto-renewal on. Several months ago the dashboard had it on sale for $30/year, this was about a month before the price got jacked up to $60, so I signed up for it even though I had a lot of time remaining on my first year. Anyway, if I would have canceled auto-renew during that time I would have lost out on the $30 deal, so I kept it on til it renewed. I'm now in that year, and I'm guessing they won't let me take it off til that year expires.

Just my uneducated guess.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. My latest renewal was this November and I used a 12 month live card.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Some of those House Party games look sweet, but I'm not really looking forward to it. Sometimes MS tends to offer awful DotWs during promotions they have going, as to not cannibalize sales for the games in the promotion.

During SoA 2011 we were treated to (behind spoilers so it doesn't look like a list):

7/19 - Deal of the Week

-Grand Theft Auto IV - Ballad of Gay Tony - 800 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Grand Theft Auto IV - The Lost and Damned - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off

7/27 - Deal of the Week

DLC:

-Arrival - 280 Microsoft Points - 50% off (Was accidentally on sale briefly on 7/19 as well)
-Lair of the Shadow Broker - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Kasumi's Stolen Memory - 280 Microsoft Points - 50% off

8/2 - Deal of the Week

Change your Gamertag - 560 Microsoft Points - 30% off

8/9 - Deal of the Week

Rock Band DLC

8/16 - Deal of the Week

Black - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Fable - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Legend of Spyro: The New Beginning - 800 Microsoft Points -33% off
[/QUOTE]

They're already recycling GTA DLC before the House Party promo so who knows. Though, if they did throw in some Rock Band one of these weeks, I'd be pretty happy. I'm probably in the minority, but I never got tired of that game.

[quote name='vamn']They're already recycling GTA DLC before the House Party promo so who knows. Though, if they did throw in some Rock Band one of these weeks, I'd be pretty happy. I'm probably in the minority, but I never got tired of that game.[/QUOTE]

I was able to order the Rock Band 3 keyboard when Amazon had them for $25, so I'd love to see some RB DLC as well.

[quote name='louiedog']I don't think it was listed in the video or any of the info that came out yesterday, but House Party begins on the 15th of February. Still no word on pricing or release order yet.[/QUOTE]

IGN is reporting that the release order "looks like" February 15 (Alan Wake), February 22 (I Am Alive), February 29 (Nexuiz), and March 7 (Warp).

Considering last years lineup was Hard Corps: Uprising (meh), Bejeweled Blitz LIVE (meh), Beyond Good & Evil HD (Great), Torchlight (Great), and Full House Poker (blah) this is not too bad. Nexuiz is built on the CryEngine 3 so it might be alright. Not sure I will have time for Warp since ME3 releases the day before.

Looking at the titles it would appear alphabetical order but that may only be because the blog listed them that way so who knows what order it is. I should really stop reading IGN...they have become the Enquirer of gaming websites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back