XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sath666']Nope, Robotron Wave 100 is probably the hardest. Smash TV 1-credit achievement is glitched.[/QUOTE]

I'll do you one better and say that the "I Am Arther Clark" achievement in War of the Worlds is probably the hardest.

[quote name='shivan128']Wonder if microsoft would ever consider putting these games back up for a day and advertising it on the dashboard. I guess licenses and royalties would pretty much dash my hopes to ever get Gauntlet and Smash TV on my xbox console. At least there's PSN![/QUOTE]

The problem lies with Midway going out of business and its assets being sold at fire sale back when they were decommissioned. Warner ended up with some of them (like Mortal Kombat), but I don't know who ended up with the others like Smash TV. And sometimes you have one company that owns the source code (Digital Eclipse), while their license belongs to someone else now. At this point, it wouldn't make sense to re-license because most of the people that wanted it already bought it, you would already have a very limited target audience.

[quote name='Sath666']Nope, Robotron Wave 100 is probably the hardest. Smash TV 1-credit achievement is glitched.[/QUOTE]

If the controls weren't so off in the 360 version, the Robotron one wouldn't be that bad. I've done it on the Midway Arcade Treasures 1 collection for Gamecube. Mostly because Robotron gives out extra lives like candy.

But for some reason the 360 port of Robotron just doesn't control right.

[quote name='shivan128']Wonder if microsoft would ever consider putting these games back up for a day and advertising it on the dashboard. I guess licenses and royalties would pretty much dash my hopes to ever get Gauntlet and Smash TV on my xbox console. At least there's PSN![/QUOTE]

That would be awesome, but sadly it will never happen.
I would looooove to get Speedball on XBLA since it's one of my favorite all-time games on the Amiga. Sadly it was removed from XBLA before I got my Xbox 360. :cry:

[quote name='Viper187']Another reason I hate buying digital content. When it's on disc, it's there to stay.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, though, Microsoft has the games available for redownload if you purchased them before the license expired. When you buy them, they are completely available to your account. In the same manner, a game can go out of print when licenses run out and be really hard to find. So it's almost the same thing.

[quote name='Felder71']To be fair, though, Microsoft has the games available for redownload if you purchased them before the license expired. When you buy them, they are completely available to your account. In the same manner, a game can go out of print when licenses run out and be really hard to find. So it's almost the same thing.[/QUOTE]
Also, discs are there to stay unless they get lost/stolen/scratched, whereas digital content (being non-physical and all) is always recoverable in one way or another.

[quote name='mokmoof']Also, discs are there to stay unless they get lost/stolen/scratched, whereas digital content (being non-physical and all) is always recoverable in one way or another.[/QUOTE]

Unless you don't have access to xbox.com because of internet outages/hackers/MS pissed off at you....etc
Add to that the fact that digital copies take space on your HD and when you remove them you have to download them again (a pain in the ass for 7+ Gig games).

You can't argue against disc based games being better, but the convenience of arcade games is worth the possible heartache of not being able to play them down the road. Although if I'm not allowed to play them on the next xbox console I'm really likely to scale back how many I buy.

Oh and some disc based games have no value anymore, but not many. Like isn't Chromehounds useless now?

If I can't play my 100 game backlog of XBLA/few games on demand and less so indie games (would like to be able to play them too but this won't stop me if I can at least have xbla / games on demand) then I'll probably skip out on the next Xbox at least for awhile until I can find a really good price on one. what would really upset me even more would be if they made the 360 unable to connect to live or something and make it so you can't play any of your content (i think if you aren't online you cant? or i've had that happen before where i didnt have internet for a couple months and several things were unable to access).

i dont think they will cancel out the 360 when they release a next gen console though, they're still selling content and they've sold so many consoles at this point, seems pointless to ever do away with it until they're losing money on it.

[quote name='PenguinJim']About $25 delivered. It's your lucky day! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. I never would've known about that. I'm really spent for the month, but I ordered anyway. Now I just wish I could get a hold of Monopoly Streets for the ~$20 it's worth instead of the insane prices sellers want now.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']If I can't play my 100 game backlog of XBLA/few games on demand and less so indie games (would like to be able to play them too but this won't stop me if I can at least have xbla / games on demand) then I'll probably skip out on the next Xbox at least for awhile until I can find a really good price on one. what would really upset me even more would be if they made the 360 unable to connect to live or something and make it so you can't play any of your content (i think if you aren't online you cant? or i've had that happen before where i didnt have internet for a couple months and several things were unable to access).

i dont think they will cancel out the 360 when they release a next gen console though, they're still selling content and they've sold so many consoles at this point, seems pointless to ever do away with it until they're losing money on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the fact you can have issues playing digital content offline is another issue. Not to mention if your account got jacked and you couldn't get it back.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']If I can't play my 100 game backlog of XBLA/few games on demand and less so indie games (would like to be able to play them too but this won't stop me if I can at least have xbla / games on demand) then I'll probably skip out on the next Xbox at least for awhile until I can find a really good price on one. what would really upset me even more would be if they made the 360 unable to connect to live or something and make it so you can't play any of your content (i think if you aren't online you cant? or i've had that happen before where i didnt have internet for a couple months and several things were unable to access).

i dont think they will cancel out the 360 when they release a next gen console though, they're still selling content and they've sold so many consoles at this point, seems pointless to ever do away with it until they're losing money on it.[/QUOTE]

Well from what I understand you can play all your content offline as long as it was the console that holds the licence for that content. So lets say you have an xbox (xbox A) and you buy a bunch of xbox live arcade games for it. You then go to a friends house and redownload those games on his xbox (xbox B). You can play all your xbox live arcade games on xbox A offline since the licences are registered to xbox A. However if your friend tried to play those xbox live arcade games offline he would only see them as a trial version. The only way to play the full arcade games on Xbox B would be to sign in the account that purchased those games and remain connected to xbox live. Microsoft has allowed users to transfer licences to other xboxes and removing it from the original because of things like RROD or if a customer gets a new console. Here is more information on the Digital Rights Management for xbox.

[quote name='ZForce915']So is this another week with no sneak peaks at what the deal is going to be?[/QUOTE]

XBLDB will pick them up this evening and then MajorNelson will likely post a 2 week post on his blog around 12pm EST.

[quote name='reddjoey']http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Junk-Fu/7d75e76f-d2a5-42ee-b579-69cec081a62a

Junk-Fu for Fun Labs is free for this week[/QUOTE]

Posted about this earlier today, but I believe it got buried amongst others posting about achievements and disc/digital content. Same thing with the Blacklight Tango Down dropping to 400 points. Either that or people just didn't care. No biggy though & I didn't know it was free for 1 week only. Thanks for putting up the link and keeping us informed

[quote name='Sephiroth1089']Well from what I understand you can play all your content offline as long as it was the console that holds the licence for that content. So lets say you have an xbox (xbox A) and you buy a bunch of xbox live arcade games for it. You then go to a friends house and redownload those games on his xbox (xbox B). You can play all your xbox live arcade games on xbox A offline since the licences are registered to xbox A. However if your friend tried to play those xbox live arcade games offline he would only see them as a trial version. The only way to play the full arcade games on Xbox B would be to sign in the account that purchased those games and remain connected to xbox live. Microsoft has allowed users to transfer licences to other xboxes and removing it from the original because of things like RROD or if a customer gets a new console. Here is more information on the Digital Rights Management for xbox.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea i remember reading about this or asking about it back when it happened. it was because I had bought a new xbox, and I still haven't done the license transfer thing, so I guess I have to do that at some point, how time consuming is it does anyone know?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Oh yea i remember reading about this or asking about it back when it happened. it was because I had bought a new xbox, and I still haven't done the license transfer thing, so I guess I have to do that at some point, how time consuming is it does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I can't give you an exact number since it's been a while, the actual transfer itself is quick and painless, but you need to have both your console and your PC/Laptop connected to the internet at the same time requiring a router. It shouldn't take you more than 10 mins, but it was a pain for me because I like a hardwire direct connection and just switch my ethernet cord from Xbox to PC instead of using a Router. I used my much slower cell phone to do it, but it worked.

Edit: Oh after you transfer licenses you should check the console offline to make sure you can play all your games and if you can't, you'll have to redownload some of them - I didn't factor that in. Some games needed to be redownloaded after the transfer so I could play then offline.

[quote name='Dustinator']Posted about this earlier today, but I believe it got buried amongst others posting about achievements and disc/digital content. Same thing with the Blacklight Tango Down dropping to 400 points. Either that or people just didn't care. No biggy though & I didn't know it was free for 1 week only. Thanks for putting up the link and keeping us informed[/QUOTE]

My guess is probably nobody was interested was in blacklight. I downloaded the fun labs for if\when I get a Kinect. Waiting for sub-$50 for that.

[quote name='tylerh1701']My guess is probably nobody was interested was in blacklight. I downloaded the fun labs for if\when I get a Kinect. Waiting for sub-$50 for that.[/QUOTE]

I asked about it, but was quickly told it was not very good and nobody plays online and is a online only game and that sealed the deal for me.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']So, while we wait. What arcade game has everyone played the most total playtime on?

Pac Man CE DX is mine. I get addicted to climbing the leaderboards[/QUOTE]

Monday Night Combat. I have played nearly 500 hours of it, according to raptr. Still playing it after a year and a half.

Next most is probably Pinball FX2 but that's only around 60 hours or so.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']So, while we wait. What arcade game has everyone played the most total playtime on?

My most played would probably be Torchlight, Monday Night Combat, Trials HD and Shadow Complex. Maybe SMB as well. So addicting.

Puzzle Fighter, Super Street Fighter II HDR, or Marvel vs Capcom 2. I still play the fighters, though not as often as before. I got 2 and a half years outa Puzzle Fighter before I called it quits. For 6 months, that one game dominated my gaming life. I really wish there were tourneys held for it, I would have made alot of money.

[quote name='Dustinator']Posted about this earlier today, but I believe it got buried amongst others posting about achievements and disc/digital content. Same thing with the Blacklight Tango Down dropping to 400 points. Either that or people just didn't care. No biggy though & I didn't know it was free for 1 week only. Thanks for putting up the link and keeping us informed[/QUOTE]

It didn't go unappreciated. I grabbed it right after seeing your post. Thanks.

42 hours of Shadow Complex according to Raptr. #2 is Plants vs. Zombies at 31 hours and #3 is Defense Grid: Awakening at 26 hours.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm shocked. Dungeon Defenders with 133 hours with Casltevania HD in second with 78 hours. Although I only signed up for Raptr sometime last year.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like me but with the two reversed currently. Haven't had DD for very long.

My tops are Castlevania HD, Torchlight, and Dungeon Defenders.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does raptr log all your play time for you? Or do you have to go in and update your playtime?[/QUOTE]

All automatic. It's fun for stats fans like myself. Just wish I had known about it much much sooner. C'est la vie.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does raptr log all your play time for you? Or do you have to go in and update your playtime?[/QUOTE]
It does it automatically for PC and Xbox 360. Everything else has to be manually updated.

It's also not perfect, so it can miss things if you get knocked offline or it's slow to react to your activity.

Battlefield 1943 and Castle Crashers are tied with 37 hours for me, but I'm pretty sure I've played more Castle Crashers than that ;)

I GUESS according to Raptr (which still thinks I have only 8 out of 31 achievements in FF13-2 despite getting them all just a few days ago), the XBLA game I spend the most hours in is Sonic Adventure (DX add-on included), with 37 hours. & that's after the fact I've played & beat the original version and the Gamecube version.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']All automatic. It's fun for stats fans like myself. Just wish I had known about it much much sooner. C'est la vie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, considering the service is free there's really no reason why anyone should skip out on signing up. I wish I had known about it back when it launched. Then I might actually know my most played XBLA game. If I were to hazard a guess though, I'd say either Shadow Complex or Uno, both because I tried to go for the 200/200 achievement points. Winning 10 four-player games of Uno was neigh impossible since people would always rage quit toward the end.

According to Raptr I've put 30 hours into NFL Blitz and 29 into Full House Poker. I did not have Raptr prior to 2009 so take that for what it's worth.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']All automatic. It's fun for stats fans like myself. Just wish I had known about it much much sooner. C'est la vie.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It does it automatically for PC and Xbox 360. Everything else has to be manually updated.

It's also not perfect, so it can miss things if you get knocked offline or it's slow to react to your activity.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. Gonna sign up now.

EDIT: Wow, that website is bad. Cool that it will track my Xbox info, but I don't see myself using it often.

Also, I don't really replay games much at all, I would guess that Super Meat Boy or South Park Tower Defense are the XBLA games I've put the most time into.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks guys. Gonna sign up now.

EDIT: Wow, that website is bad. Cool that it will track my Xbox info, but I don't see myself using it often.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really don't understand any of the features on the website other than the stat tracking. I hardly even sign into my account. Thankfully you can just go to raptr.com/yourusername and see your stats (or anyone else's stats) that way. I'm really just one of those people that likes to know how he's wasting his time.

The chat client is actually pretty good. It isn't perfect and I prefer Pidgin for everything, but the fact that you need the chat client for PSN trophies and you can send/receive messages from XBL is useful. It does work with AIM, Hotmail, Facebook, and many other IM services.

My #1 is Dungeon Defenders with 152 hours. Kinda sad since I only bought it 2 weeks ago. That game has to be the most addicting game ever!

And my #2 is Yugioh 5D with 106 hours. Would have alot more on it but unfortunately by the time I bought it (dotw) everybody had stopped playing it.

Probably either Monday Night Combat or Battlefield 1943.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']It shouldn't take you more than 10 mins, but it was a pain for me because I like a hardwire direct connection and just switch my ethernet cord from Xbox to PC instead of using a Router. I used my much slower cell phone to do it, but it worked.[/QUOTE]

Time to buy a router, dude. They are dirt cheap (

Between my wife's account and mine, I've played close to 2000 online ranked games of catan. At about .5hrs apiece, that would make catan my most played xbox arcade video game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back