XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Guys im having a hard time deciding whether or not to pick bastion up at 600 points can someone tell me if its worth it or not?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Guys im having a hard time deciding whether or not to pick bastion up at 600 points can someone tell me if its worth it or not?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ooga']Yes ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cthomer5000']Definite yes. One of the all-time best XBLA games is the widely-held opinion.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yes.[/QUOTE]

I'll throw in another yes. Off the cuff I'd say Bastion could probably squeeze into a top 10 list of XBLA titles.

I'd have to go with yes as well. I bought it during the one day sale in December and my original intent was to purchase Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. I passed on that and went with Bastion and didn't regret doing so. Pretty simple 200/200 gamerscore too if that means anything to you.

[quote name='Dustinator']

Oh and reddjoey is sexy. I keep coming back to see every word he types[/QUOTE]

Thanks.....:oops:

I'd say yes as well, I watched a friend play a good bit and it looked nice. I bought it a while back and have been meaning to get to it.

Bastion is good, but sort of pushing for overrated status based on some of the comments I've read. The gameplay is nothing special and the story is forgettable, but the presentation is nice and the soundtrack is top notch. I wouldn't recommend it at full price, but for 600 points it's a good buy.

Bastion is freakishly overrated and I found no urge to play it any more than what it took to beat but for 600 it is not bad at all.

Everyone- don't forget to vote for Reddjoey in a few othe Cheapy awards. Check the homepage for links or I will try and update this post later.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'll throw in another yes. Off the cuff I'd say Bastion could probably squeeze into a top 10 list of XBLA titles.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that it would fall into my 11-20 range of top XBLA titles. Like most have said, it is slightly overrated (IMO because the gameplay is nothing special) but it's well, well worth 600msp

5% rebate... enough to justify regular priced games? Probably not, but a good incentive to pick up DLC that will never see a sale.

I'm looking at DLC for:

Scott Pilgrim
NIER
Defense Grid
Ilomilo
ITSP
Pinball FX2
...and anything else that is decent.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommend anything you can think of, I probably already have the game on my HDD.

Maybe. I am correct in that if you buy a pinball fx2 table for 240 msp, you would get 12MSP back through the rewards program? Seems very insignificant for smaller purchases

Ilomilo dlc is worthwhile if you enjoyed the core game and it's only 240 points anyway. Adds 2 new chapters, which if I remember correctly is 24 more levels. Another fairly easy 50 gamerscore as well.

ITSP dlc is multiplayer only so I never bothered with it. Bought Shadow Planet day 1 and it was one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Don't feel like spending any more money on it.

EDIT: Grubbins on Ice for Costume Quest is another good one that will probably never be discounted.

It's worth playing for one play through. Soundtrack and graphics are quite nice but the rest of the game isn't that innovative or memorable.

[quote name='tylerh1701']My guess is that it would fall into my 11-20 range of top XBLA titles. Like most have said, it is slightly overrated (IMO because the gameplay is nothing special) but it's well, well worth 600msp[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy but I enjoyed the gameplay. Switching up the different weapons until I found a combo that worked best for me was a lot of fun. The enemy variants were enjoyable as well. Bastion is by no means the greatest game ever, but is sure was enjoyable to me. Fun gameplay, beautiful art, entertaining narration, and a pretty cool story. I have a hard time coming up with anything particularly negative to say about it.

I also disagree that the game is overrated, just because people like it doesn't mean it's overrated. In Bastion's case I think I would give it a high B/low A. That's pretty damn solid.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I found no urge to play it any more than what it took to beat but for 600 it is not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

I can agree to this. I tried to play through a second time for the extra achievements but couldn't bring myself to finish it again. It's still worth a single playthrough though.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I think many are labeling Bastion overrated because of the number of times it appeared on many websites GOTY lists.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think it was a good game, but i think putting it top 5 of the year borders on insane.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I think many are labeling Bastion overrated because of the number of times it appeared on many websites GOTY lists.[/QUOTE]

I've played and enjoyed it however I'm not a fan of the narration. While it adds to the game for some, the guys voice gets me less into the game. I think the 16-bit era nostalgia feel it gives off is what makes people and rave about it. I wouldn't say it's overrated but for an indie developer to get this kind of recognition, it's a big deal.

I havent played the full game of bastion,but so far I find it odd to say it's "overrated". This is easily one of the best arcade games (at least a top 20) ever and easily the best arcade of the year...from what I can remember.

And that is fair. It's a good game, it's worth the 600 points but to call it a GoTY is a bit of a stretch. But if we're going just on the XBLA titles from last year then it is definitely a top 10, but when you include the retail titles then it's a tough sell.

Got all the achievements in 2 days and if I would of paid 1200 for it and listen to all the hype, I would of been pissed off. Great game for 600 points for just 2 days lol. Its an okay little action game, nothing special. Just great narration and nice graphics.

So I am not sure how XBLA works lol. This is my first time in over 6 months turning on my Xbox, and the first time I have EVER connected it to the interner (doesn't have wireless wtf). Bastion is coming up as 1200 points though, not 600. Am I missing something?

[quote name='schuerm26']Trine 2. Downloaded the demo and it looks amazing. Well worth full price or wait for sale?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's awesome, but I'm waiting because my backlog is so big. Trine 1 is amazing. Also, I'm getting it on PS3 because it has a platinum trophy.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Call me crazy but I enjoyed the gameplay. Switching up the different weapons until I found a combo that worked best for me was a lot of fun. The enemy variants were enjoyable as well. Bastion is by no means the greatest game ever, but is sure was enjoyable to me. Fun gameplay, beautiful art, entertaining narration, and a pretty cool story. I have a hard time coming up with anything particularly negative to say about it.[/QUOTE]

The gameplay was never bad at all. It just wasn't terribly original or gripping (to me), like the narration and art style was.

[quote name='Vap']I havent played the full game of bastion,but so far I find it odd to say it's "overrated". This is easily one of the best arcade games (at least a top 20) ever and easily the best arcade of the year...from what I can remember.[/QUOTE]

It's not my XBLA game of the year, tho it is in the top 5. My vote would go for Half-Minute Hero, but I guess that's not really fair cuz it's a PSP retread.

[quote name='ZForce915']And that is fair. It's a good game, it's worth the 600 points but to call it a GoTY is a bit of a stretch. But if we're going just on the XBLA titles from last year then it is definitely a top 10, but when you include the retail titles then it's a tough sell.[/QUOTE]

I think Bastion is worth 1200, so 600 is an excellent price for it.

[quote name='DarkZion']I'd easily call Bastion one of my GOTY candidates. As it is I think only Batman: Arkham City beats it. I easily enjoyed it more than Portal 2.[/QUOTE]

I'm about half way through Shadows of the Damned, but so far it's on pace to jump Arkham City on my personal GOTY list.

[quote name='Morpha']So I am not sure how XBLA works lol. This is my first time in over 6 months turning on my Xbox, and the first time I have EVER connected it to the interner (doesn't have wireless wtf). Bastion is coming up as 1200 points though, not 600. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

You have to be an Xbox Live Gold Member to be eligible for the sale on Bastion. My guess is that you're not. It costs $60 per year, but you can sometimes find 1 year cards on sale for $40 or less.

[quote name='Morpha']No, but I have like 3 1-month cards and 1 3-month card. Do those work?[/QUOTE]

those should be fine. You'd only need to redeem 1 month to get in on the sale price for Bastion.

[quote name='Gabrius']5% rebate... enough to justify regular priced games? Probably not, but a good incentive to pick up DLC that will never see a sale.

I'm looking at DLC for:

Scott Pilgrim
NIER
Defense Grid
Ilomilo
ITSP
Pinball FX2
...and anything else that is decent.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommend anything you can think of, I probably already have the game on my HDD.[/QUOTE]

I too want to take advantage of the 5% rebate best I can for DLC or XBLA titles with a low likelyhood of being on some sale. I also would like some thoughts and suggestions on how to best take advantage of the rewards offer.

In doing so, I have run into a conundrum: I want one of the two DLC not on the Qubed disc for Lumines Live!, but it is irregularly priced at 350MSP, meaning a 12.5MSP rebate and lower chance of me clearing the balance I have on my Live account. The extra 10 or 2 MS points would bother me, since nothing on the marketplaces are priced lower than 20MSP (Bullet Witch DLC). My best option to even out the balance is to find other oddly priced DLC (or gamer pic and themes, but those feel like a waste of MSP to me since I already purchased a gamerpic pack I am at peace with). I have found Sonic Unleashed DLC at 250MSP, but all of those combined to 1500MSP, which could be paired with a 100MSP DLC like those of The Maw for an "even" 1600MSP. This leaves me with only the Catan DLC totalling 350MSP (combined with say The Last Remnant DLC at 100MSP to "even out" at 800MSP). Is the Catan DLC worth it (I have yet to play the game, purchased on sale)? Or should I swallow my pride and get a Rumble Roses XX picture pack (all for Candy Cane)?

Not saying spylon (nor others) should, but I sure could find a list of irregularly priced avatar/DLC/XBLA titles. Meaning non-free, non-divisible by 40MSP (because I find the Bullet Witch DLC at 20MSP each, totalling to 340MSP, an oddity) items on the marketplace which may need help from another oddly priced item to even out a balance.

EDIT: I have also just found Meteos Wars DLC at 350MSP each for a total of 700MSP, but I do not have the game. So if you can recommend the game with just 1 of the DLC, tell me. I also foud one of the Texas Hold'em environments to be 150MSP, but that DLC doesn't sound appealing nor do I like the base game (which I got on a compilation disc). I am still looking for suggestions.

[quote name='Crono-00'] I have run into a conundrum... extra 10 or 2 MS points would bother me... best option to even out the balance is to find... a list of irregularly priced avatar/DLC/XBLA titles... non-free, non-divisible by 40MSP...: I have also just found... but I do not have the game... I am still looking for suggestions.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to discourage you from taking on a good math problem, but why not just carry an odd point balance? There are plenty of sales for odd amounts & plenty of ways to earn odd amounts. If the alternative is picking up some dlc you want or need, embrace the chaos.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I don't want to discourage you from taking on a good math problem, but why not just carry an odd point balance? There are plenty of sales for odd amounts & plenty of ways to earn odd amounts. If the alternative is picking up some dlc you want or need, embrace the chaos.[/QUOTE]

I want you to imagine a closeup of me with a snarl on my face yelling "NEVER!" then cut to a top-down overhead view trucking out with me yelling "NOOOoooOOoOooO!" and shaking my fists at the heavens.

Or if you remember from an old gem of a game from the Ultima 7 series, Ultima 7 Part 2: The Serpent Isle, where the forces of order practically wiped out the forces of chaos. Good times.

I once was chosen to be in the mob on 1 vs 100 on Xbox Live, and was still there until the 1 decided to punk out at 5000MSP. I kind of always wondered about those who were in the mob who had to evenly divide up the Microsoft points when the 1 failed and the remaining mob could not evenly divide up the prize, people would end out with some digit at the end of their Mircosoft point balance. I thought that was mean to have theoretical money that was unspendable.

I have not encountered "sales for odd amounts & plenty of ways to earn odd amounts" aside from that situation from the 1 vs. 100 game on the now defunct Primetime channel on the dashboard.

EDIT: Also, I want to compliment you on excellent editing ... I need help in avoiding my wall of text posts which happens all too frequently.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I don't want to discourage you from taking on a good math problem, but why not just carry an odd point balance? There are plenty of sales for odd amounts & plenty of ways to earn odd amounts. If the alternative is picking up some dlc you want or need, embrace the chaos.[/QUOTE]

I've been asking this question for years. Throwing away leftover (whatever that means) points on gamerpics that they don't use, refusing to buy things that would give them a point value that can't be divided by 400, etc are things that people do that I cannot figure out.

It's like telling me that you went to a convenience store for a soda and chips and then spent 5 minutes carefully pricing out candy bars so the clerk wouldn't hand you back any change. It's money. Unless it's your last XBLM purchase ever, it will get used.

I grabbed Bastion @ the X-Mas sale, and have put a tiny bit of time into it.

For 600 points it's awesome, for 1200 I may not feel that way.

Backlog is just too brutal at the moment... Curse (I mean I love) you CAG!

Just wanted to post an endorsement for Happy Action Theater. I have two kids ages 3 and 1, and not only is the game a lot of fun, it's the first Kinect game we've tried that doesn't go haywire when the kids don't stand where they're 'supposed to' stand and do what they're 'supposed to' do. Great stuff.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just wanted to post an endorsement for Happy Action Theater. I have two kids ages 3 and 1, and not only is the game a lot of fun, it's the first Kinect game we've tried that doesn't go haywire when the kids don't stand where they're 'supposed to' stand and do what they're 'supposed to' do. Great stuff.[/QUOTE]

I need 6 people for one of the achievements. So I'll recruit my 1 year old. ;)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just wanted to post an endorsement for Happy Action Theater. I have two kids ages 3 and 1, and not only is the game a lot of fun, it's the first Kinect game we've tried that doesn't go haywire when the kids don't stand where they're 'supposed to' stand and do what they're 'supposed to' do. Great stuff.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I have a 6 and 1 year old and they can jump in and out without issue.

Every time, I swear every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even thinking what next month's reward thing could be, I just went and spent 4160 msp on 1/31/2012.

Not to mention after entering a 12 month card to extend my Gold it registered a "1 Month card for 10 msp" on my reward account.

[quote name='dan121887']Every time, I swear every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not even thinking what next month's reward thing could be, I just went and spent 4160 msp on 1/31/2012.

Not to mention after entering a 12 month card to extend my Gold it registered a "1 Month card for 10 msp" on my reward account.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, it's only 200 points you missed out on.

[quote name='Gabrius']Wow that must mean I went nuts last time we had this promotion as I got 760 points...[/QUOTE]

yeah you only spent 15,200 points ($190) if you were getting 5% back. :shock:

[quote name='nypickle']yeah you only spent 15,200 points ($190) if you were getting 5% back. :shock:[/QUOTE]

That's based off the assumption I am paying $1 per 80msp... I don't think I have EVER paid full price for points.

...I also earned 580 the second month of the promotion ^_^

[quote name='Baked831']If your not a gold member, or flashing your Xbox 360. Why even own one?[/QUOTE]

because not everyone cares about multiplayer gaming?

Hell I bought the 360 at launch and never bothered with a gold account until 2009 because all I played on it were single player titles and sports games. I thought it was dumb that they expected you to pay extra just to play the games you already paid for online. Of course now I couldn't imagine not having a gold account either, but unless you're playing online, the cost of a sub would be pretty hard to justify.

[quote name='crookshow']because not everyone cares about multiplayer gaming?[/QUOTE]

That's me. I only have Gold because I got a bunch of free time thanks to the free stuff forum. The only time I've used my gold account in the last couple of months is to download the Kingdoms of Amalur demo, and that was only for the ME3 stuff. I could have easily waited until it was available for free members.

Sometimes I get a game, like Trenched, where I'll play a ton of multiplayer for about a week, but that's pretty rare. I never felt like I was missing out back when I was a Silver member.

hack 'n slash;9352249 said:
Will UMvC 3/MvC 3 DLC/characters ever go on sale or be DotW? ...for the 360...ever...?

I sure hope not, I fucking hate when one game's DLC is DotW because it's only available to a very exclusive population.

That being said, I know that Jill Valentine/The Other Dude were half off on PSN a few weeks ago, and could easily see those characters and other MvC3 content go on sale during a Capcom sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back