XBL Vision Camera...today?

Darkside Hazuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I can't find this thing on any retailer website. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to point it out to me?

(Yes, I know there's another camera thread, but it died a slow death when TRU caught on.)

It ships today, which means stores should have them tomorrow. If you go to ebgames.com and search for vision it should be the first thing listed.

I knew when I left for work that someone would get to this before I could correct myself. I don't shop at the Evil Empire, so of course I didn't check that website. My apologies. Thanks for the quick reply though. Anyone else?

[quote name='Bezerker']Try Toys R US? I'd imagine they have their shipments already ;-)[/QUOTE]

Most of the TRU's that broke were on the east coast though right?

I can't remember if any west coast CAG's reported any Vision cameras showing up at their local TRU stores. Also an email was sent out a couple weeks ago to all TRU's mentioning the break, so if any stores did put them out, the rest of them would've been pulled/held until today.

I have checked walmart, eb games, target, best buy, circuit city and no one has the camera...they all tell me it ships today for tomorrow....then wouldn't that make the release date 9/20 not 9/19????? Smooth move MS!!!

[quote name='ezwaffles']I have checked walmart, eb games, target, best buy, circuit city and no one has the camera...they all tell me it ships today for tomorrow....then wouldn't that make the release date 9/20 not 9/19????? Smooth move MS!!![/QUOTE]

the release date has always been like this, so nobody is screwing around on release. Always expect a release date to not be the street date. Assume it's a day later and you'll almost always be right.

Are people still idiots with the whole 'shipping/actual instore' date thing? Damn. Goto ANY GameFaqs board and you will read the longest rants from 15 year olds who claim Nintendo etc is screwing with them.

i went to eb today and they gave me the nerd shrug. anyways i just ordered one for like 35 bucks off ebay should be here in 1-4 days... but at least i paid for half of gears of war....

ahhh what a good feeling walking into EB and buying gears of war for 32 bucks

No cameras here today either. They didn't know what's up and I'm friends with the employees there.

[quote name='gizmogc']Are people still idiots with the whole 'shipping/actual instore' date thing? [/quote]

No. Given the early shipments at TRU's as well as various news articles I anticipated this was a street-dated item, and would be for sale on the 19th.
And I can tell you having visited two BBs, two TRUs, two Targets, and a CC today, that line of thinking is in error. I still can't find this listed on their respective websites either.

The idiot at BB tried to convince me that it wouldn't be available until November.
He also tried to convince me that he didn't have a copy of Okami, even after I told him it was available for in-store pick-up on their website. But that's a story for another thread...

Got a automated call from EB saying that my cam would be in Friday afternoon. Now I can setup my version of Casey's Cam but called Michael's Cam and ladies can send me marketplace points to see me play halo in my underwear!

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Got a automated call from EB saying that my cam would be in Friday afternoon. Now I can setup my version of Casey's Cam but called Michael's Cam and ladies can send me marketplace points to see me play halo in my underwear![/QUOTE]

how easy is it going to be to just leave the camera on and your tv off and do your girl hahahha...

will there be a record feature?

[quote name='D4rkN1ght']how easy is it going to be to just leave the camera on and your tv off and do your girl hahahha...

will there be a record feature?[/QUOTE]
no there is no record feature

Picked mine up and made a new gamerpic. You can use it for the computer. How do I send a video mssg? Any1 want to trade something for my Robotron redemption card.

Only thing that disappoints me is that I can't really buy anything with the 200MS points.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Picked mine up and made a new gamerpic. You can use it for the computer. How do I send a video mssg? Any1 want to trade something for my Robotron redemption card.

Only thing that disappoints me is that I can't really buy anything with the 200MS points.[/QUOTE]
you don't send a video message you take a ( meaning only 1) picture and record your voice. NO VIDEO

has anyone else had trouble finding the camera in stores?

I've been to 6 or 7 different stores and only one store had it. The Gamestop that had it was around 2+ hours away. I passed on it (it was behind the glass case), thinking it would be easy to find when I got back to my area. :(

[quote name='asianxcore']has anyone else had trouble finding the camera in stores?

I've been to 6 or 7 different stores and only one store had it. The Gamestop that had it was around 2+ hours away. I passed on it (it was behind the glass case), thinking it would be easy to find when I got back to my area. :([/quote]

I haven't seen it in stores yet. It is now listed on BB's site, with an arrival date of 10/31-11/04! That should change soon; it's apparently in next week's ad.
Game Crazy finally received some on Friday, but were sold out by the time I left work. The folks at TRU continue to serve me blank stares when asked about it.

I finally got one at a local EB. They got 2 Vision Kits in today.

After trading some stuff in I was able to get a kit for around $13 :)

If I put in the code for the 12 month subscription will it just add to the already active 3 months I am using?

The BBY I work at got 8 of them in I believe Thursday when I worked. We were out by Sunday when I worked again. Not sure when the next shipment is.

[quote name='asianxcore']I finally got one at a local EB. They got 2 Vision Kits in today.

After trading some stuff in I was able to get a kit for around $13 :)

If I put in the code for the 12 month subscription will it just add to the already active 3 months I am using?[/QUOTE]

yes

Got mine from BB today. Any way to turn the camera off when not in use (still plugged in though). Otherwise its still on and makes the background of the dashboard look weird.

dumb question, but does anyone know where the gamerpics are saved?

I went into "Edit Profile" and took a gamerpic that way, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

[quote name='asianxcore']dumb question, but does anyone know where the gamerpics are saved?

I went into "Edit Profile" and took a gamerpic that way, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.[/quote]

You cant take your own Gamer Pic. Only personal pictures.

bread's done
Back