XBL Wireless Network Adaptor - 75 at Amazon

[quote name='Lockescythe']79 at best buy[/quote]

Still 14$ off ;)

But didn't know it was 79 at BB. Guess it's not a super deal then or anything heh

[quote name='Spades22']how?[/quote]

1. You have to hook a ethernet cable from your laptop to your xbox 360.

2. Go to your network connections on your laptop and highlight both the wireless and wired one and right click on them then choose to bridge connections.

You can also buy a Linksys WRT54GL router for the same (or less) price, load DDWRT firmware onto it and use it as an wireless bridge. Then, once this generation is over, you still have an excellent router instead of a useless adapter.

[quote name='killmak']1. You have to hook a ethernet cable from your laptop to your xbox 360.

2. Go to your network connections on your laptop and highlight both the wireless and wired one and right click on them then choose to bridge connections.[/quote]

I believe it specifically has to be a crossover cable. I have never done it but that is what I have always heard.

[quote name='killmak']1. You have to hook a ethernet cable from your laptop to your xbox 360.

2. Go to your network connections on your laptop and highlight both the wireless and wired one and right click on them then choose to bridge connections.[/quote]

If you can't get this method to work (as I couldn't), then you can enable Internet Connection Sharing - configured on the wired port.

[quote name='Cheadyp']I believe it specifically has to be a crossover cable. I have never done it but that is what I have always heard.[/quote]

The first time I did this (2 years ago) I used a crossover cable which made it so I didnt have to bridge the conections (I think). However recently I brought my Xbox 360 to the basement and hooked it up to my new laptop via the same ethernet cable I normally use and just bridged the connections and it worked perfectly. I had to restart the xbox after bridging the connections to get the xbox to aquire a new IP adress.

bread's done
Back