XBLA - Banjo-Kazooie - 1200pts

[quote name='Sn0brawler']I just got my code emailed to me from amazon as a heads up to those of you waiting on yours.[/quote]

Me too. Can't wait to start playing.

Amazon also sent me my code.

But here's the weird thing: I also got a code sent to me from GameStop, and I never ordered the game from there!

[quote name='MisterHand']Amazon also sent me my code.

But here's the weird thing: I also got a code sent to me from GameStop, and I never ordered the game from there![/quote]

From what I saw getting my code from gamestop, it doesn't seem as though they're the most organized bunch. The customer service number had a pre-recorded message about how to get the M1A1 Code for W@W and the guy who helped me didn't seem surprised my code wasn't mailed.

I'm sure if you offer it to trade on CAG, you'll be a very popular guy.

[quote name='joseraul']My download is stuck at 1%... is anyone having the same problem?[/QUOTE]
I've occasionally had that problem with other games and demos I've downloaded from Live, but when I downloaded BK this morning, it went pretty quickly.

Also got my code from Amazon, have enjoyed the beginning of the game but I'm stuck with the crab on Treasure Cove.
I know it has to do something with flying, I tried stomping him but that doesn't work, eggs don't work either

Woot, just finished. That was a fun run. First time in a long time I got all 100 notes in Click Clock Wood in one go! Ranked 38 overall. Not bad, but could have done much better. Really screwed up Treasure Trove Cove (took too long), and somehow missed one note in Rusty Bucket Bay, so had to scour the level for that. Wonder what'll happen to that rank once people get their codes, and it gets official release though. Top fucker did it in slightly over 3 hours. I tip my hat to him.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Also got my code from Amazon, have enjoyed the beginning of the game but I'm stuck with the crab on Treasure Cove.
I know it has to do something with flying, I tried stomping him but that doesn't work, eggs don't work either
[/quote]

Just wait til he stops waving his claws around then poke him in the eye with the jump attack, do it three times to kill him then go into his shell and get the puzzle piece

I got my code from Amazon today and played a little bit of it (I also got World at War in the mail) and from what I've played so far I'm enjoying it. I've never played the N64 version, so it's all new to me.

Hopefully Rare will also do this sort of XBLA update to Perfect Dark.

[quote name='benjamouth']Got my Amazon code and tried this out a bit last night, seemed pretty good. It's nice to have that kind of game on my 360.[/quote]

Games like this have made me realize that traditional platformers are essentially dead. So I'd definitely agree that it's nice to have something like this back.

so i got my preorder code yesterday and i beat the first game world already. is anyone else experiencing a framerate issue?? other than that, this game is awesome

I was fine with the first level, on the 2nd one I experienced frame rate issues...nothing too bad. I can't believe that people complain on the price of this game. It's a great solid title and its longer and bigger than most XBLA titles out there.

yeah i had frame rate issues throughout the game. kind of sucks, but it's a great game to bring back the memories of the n64. i was looking around at the 3 different save files and banjo is playing an original gameboy in save file 3. lol i think i played banjo kazooie more than cod5 last night.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was fine with the first level, on the 2nd one I experienced frame rate issues...nothing too bad. I can't believe that people complain on the price of this game. It's a great solid title and its longer and bigger than most XBLA titles out there.[/quote]

[quote name='GizmoGC']Does Amazon charge you right now if they send you the free code?

Is it possible to cancel after getting the free code?[/quote]

They don't list the free code on the game page anymore since it was a pre-order bonus, so I don't think they'll send you one.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I unlocked a handful of gamer pics. How many are possible with this game?[/QUOTE]

2, unless you get one for Bottles' puzzles (in Banjo's house). Only thing I haven't done yet.

Awesome. My store didn't give me a code. I had read on gamefaqs that people were emailing gamestop and telling them they didn't get a code, along with their preorder information. I figured what the hell and did it too. Gamestop just sent me a code! Time to go download. :D

[quote name='Blackout']Awesome. My store didn't give me a code. I had read on gamefaqs that people were emailing gamestop and telling them they didn't get a code, along with their preorder information. I figured what the hell and did it too. Gamestop just sent me a code! Time to go download. :D[/quote]

that's sick dude! I guess they arent such jerks after all!

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']that's sick dude! I guess they arent such jerks after all![/quote]

Yeah the code worked too. Pretty damn cool of them to do that. But then again, I should have gotten the code in the first place, so I guess they're just doing what they're supposed to do.

Got my code from Amazon yesterday and played for about an hour today. I 100%'d the first 2 worlds already. I remembered doing a lot of the stuff becasue I replayed it like a year ago for fun on the N64. It's still fun.

Well, the framerate's much improved, the graphics are for the most part cleaned up (for better or worse), and they had to go ahead and change some lines from the original (jackasses). So I guess it holds up pretty well. Nintendo N64 titles seem to hold up pretty well IMO.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I have the code but I am wondering if this game holds up 10 years later...I wasn't too crazy about it back then either.[/quote]

Not really, no. I got an N64 last year and played through most of the Nintendo first party titles. This game just feels so much clunkier. The graphical cleanup was nice but there were still plenty of times I felt like I was fighting the controls. I'm glad I played through it and feel it was a nice bonus to my Nuts and Bolts preorder but...I really don't understand the good will this game gets overall.

If I hadn't gotten it for free there's no way in hell I would have paid for it. I played through and got my achievements and Stop 'n Swop parts but I'm never going to play this again.

My biggest problem with the arcade release has been when some strange reason it missed up my note total in Mad Monster Mansion. I was stuck at 96 notes even after scouring the entire stage five times. I eventually just decided to make a new file rushed up to Mad Monster Mansion and got 100 notes after doing nothing differently. Might have been a glitch with the altered note collection saving. Now just need to beat Click Clock Woods again and I'll have all 900 notes. So irritating.

I don't know what's up with cochesecochese's version since the only time i feel like the controls are clunky is when activating the gold feathers. Otherwise it doesn't feel much different from the original control-wise and I played the hell out of that game. Second favorite n64 game period

Every once in awhile I feel like I'm fighting controls with the camera. A few times it autospins and I completely lose track of where I'm going and have to fiddle with the camera to set things right again.

[quote name='Yertle']My biggest problem with the arcade release has been when some strange reason it missed up my note total in Mad Monster Mansion. I was stuck at 96 notes even after scouring the entire stage five times. I eventually just decided to make a new file rushed up to Mad Monster Mansion and got 100 notes after doing nothing differently. Might have been a glitch with the altered note collection saving. Now just need to beat Click Clock Woods again and I'll have all 900 notes. So irritating.
[/quote]
Found out the source of the problem. Be careful about the bottles puzzles http://www.rarewitchproject.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22869

This game is actually pretty fun! I had never played it before on the N64, and heard it was a major collect-a-thon, part of the reason why I stopped playing DK64 after a while, but it's really not as bad in comparison. This is definitely a great add-on deal to getting Nuts and Bolts.

STUPID egg in the 3rd (i think) level. Am I really stupid? Should it really be this hard?
I cracked it 3 times, but the 4th time I tried punching, pecking, egg throwing, everything - it just won't crack
. Not sure why i'm rambling on about this as I don't really want an answer. I just want to know if I'm stupid, I guess.

[quote name='EvyLou']STUPID egg in the 3rd (i think) level. Am I really stupid? Should it really be this hard?
I cracked it 3 times, but the 4th time I tried punching, pecking, egg throwing, everything - it just won't crack
. Not sure why i'm rambling on about this as I don't really want an answer. I just want to know if I'm stupid, I guess.[/quote]

I actually had trouble then too because I forgot of a move....so yeah, you're not using all your moves.

Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but there seems to be a slight glitch with the "learn all moves" achievement. I accidentally skipped the swamp level and ended up in the desert (I thought it was weird that they'd make you wade through the piranha-infested waters without the rubber boots, but I wrote that off as an N64 quirk :roll:). I ended up finding Bottles, who gave Banjo the speed shoes, and then he said I unlocked all of Banjo's moves (unlocking the achievement at the same time). Nothing major, but if this is your first time playing this game (it is for me), you might get a little confused.

This is the first and only time I've ever played Banjo Kazooie (played Banjo Tooie on the N64, but never played the original), and I think it holds up well. It has some camera quirks, but several high-profile N64 titles had some issue with the camera, so it's not unique in that aspect. Aiming with eggs and the flight dash is a little tricky, but other than that, I think it's pretty good.

[quote name='G33']... and the flight dash is a little tricky[/QUOTE]

That's a nice way to put it. fuck you snowmen in Freezeezy Peak. fuck you and die :bomb:

[quote name='SpazX']I actually had trouble then too because I forgot of a move....so yeah, you're not using all your moves.[/quote]

haha, thanks. i actually sat there for about 3 minutes last night futzing with the controller and randomly hitting buttons until i got out a move i hadn't used before. i seriously don't remember learning it either, but eh, whatever. it's probably because i only use the roll.

about 50 Jiggies in and still loving this. i had no idea that this was still an exclusive to those who pre-ordered. pretty cool that they're EXTENDING that window, too. i'd have to say that this game definitely holds up well (i'm guessing the N64 version had more jaggies?) hopefully I can finish this up over the weekend so i can start N&B (if amazon ever gets it to me :bomb:)

I started this on N64 last week, and the graphics haven't bothered me one bit. One thing that does piss me off is the swimming controls. Other than that, this is still one of my favorite games ever.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think I read earlier on Joystiq that said the XBLA game's becoming public on December 3rd.[/quote]

Yea Xplay's Gaming Update said that they're delaying the public release due to some people not getting their pre-order codes. AH geez if people grab this for free like Fable II I'm going to be pissed. Glad I got in on the early release though.

[quote name='xeno']i forgot how easy this is...[/quote]
I've been trying to do speedruns in this game. Ranked in the top 50 in TTT, top 100 in RBB and CC, and the top 10 in BGS.

Beat the game a few days ago. Just have to go back and get some honeycombs I missed. I'd say the only problem with the controls would be the invincibility, which I have accidentally activated like 17 times.

[quote name='KingBroly']If people want to pay 1200 points for this game, you can go here apparently for instructions on how to download it: http://kotaku.com/5096635/grab-banjo+kazooie-early-on-xbl-without-pre+order[/quote]

That's pretty cool that somebody can get Banjo and I like that it still costs them money. God why the hell do people pre-order from gamestop if their "exclusive" prepaid stuff can be grabbed for free by the public. On that note I can't download the Gears 2 Gamestop theme as I keep getting an error message. Don't need the lancer since I got the LE option. Thanks for the link though.:)

I just finished up the first level. I'm really enjoying it so far. I think the game holds up. I don't remember how long the game is. I'm guessing around 5-6 hours?

Anyone get all the achievements yet?

When is this game going up on xbla?

Bah. Gamefaqs has it listed for 12/03. Did the people who got the game free with buts and bolts really need to have advanced access to the game? Getting it free is good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamehead']When is this game going up on xbla?

Bah. Gamefaqs has it listed for 12/03. Did the people who got the game free with buts and bolts really need to have advanced access to the game? Getting it free is good enough.[/quote]

Alot of people had problems getting their codes, that's why they delayed it a week.

bread's done
Back