XBLA - Banjo-Tooie - 1200pts

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
TooieLogo.jpg

You may have heard rumblings after the festive season had drawn to a close that the Banjo team were back at work. Well, we’re happy to reveal that this wasn’t just indigestion from the last of the turkey sandwiches, but rather a li’l sum’n sum’n that we’ve got on the boil to spice up Nuts & Bolts, as well as the incredibly exciting work that we’ve been putting into the forthcoming release of Banjo-Tooie on Xbox LIVE Arcade. The game will be available to download this April, appropriate since Easter is the designated time for hunting multi-coloured eggs.

In what promises to be amongst the biggest and boldest – and certainly the bear-iest – releases on Xbox LIVE Arcade, Banjo-Tooie will be a note-perfect migration of Banjo and Kazooie’s second adventure. In their struggle against Grunty and her wicked sisters, the bear and bird can now rely on the extra grunt supplied by the Xbox 360, bringing with it silky-smooth frame rates and super-sharp HD graphics.

As with the XBLA release of Banjo-Kazooie, you can expect all the fully-featured fun from the original game. But there’s more – 4J Studios have dredged the Banjo team’s collective memory and implemented the original plan for Stop ‘n’ Swop, for the first time on any platform ever and after many long years of waiting. Without going into too much detail, the Stop ’n’ Swop items collected in Banjo-Kazooie will ‘magically’ appear in Tooie, resulting in... well, you'll just have to find out. What could be cooler than that? Nothing, that’s what – not even Kazooie turning into a dragon.

Naturally there’s still more to discover, but we want to keep some secrets. They’re not buried too deep in the game, but for now at least, our beaks are sealed.

“And what of Nuts & Bolts?” I assume you cry. You should remember an announcement from the Banjo team that they would be picking their top seven favourite player-built contraptions from all the ones uploaded to Banjo-Kazooie.com’s Showroom. I know, that’s so last year – you can read all about it on either the official blog or the Rare website. The team have drawn up a shortlist of 14 and are meticulously whittling it down to the final seven.

The entries vary from the powerful and commanding to the wild and wacky – should your creation catch our eye, you can expect to be contacted directly by MGS Rare through the email address associated with your Gamertag and asked for your full contact details. We will be sharing more detailed info on how exactly we plan to show off your contraption in February, when... ack! I’ve said too much already.

For now, you can feast your peepers on the first officially released screenshots of Banjo-Tooie... and if you're on Facebook, don't forget to visit the Banjo-Tooie fan page!

Achievements:
http://www.achieve360points.com/game/banjotooie/

Banjo-Tooie_Csmall.jpg
Banjo-Tooie_Dsmall.jpg
Banjo-Tooie_Bsmall.jpg
Banjo-Tooiie_Asmall.jpg

http://forums.banjo-kazooie.com/blogs/sample_weblog/archive/2009/01/27/29244.aspx

Stop ‘n’ Swop' is finally going to be fully accessible :whee:
I never beat this one on the N64...I'll be getting this for sure and hopefully I can complete it this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 1 purchase. I actually never got to play this on the N64, and considering how much I like Banjo-Kazooie and Nuts & Bolts, I figure this would be just as good.

Nice. I still haven't pulled the trigger on BK but I'm liking Nuts and Bolts so far. I beat BK on N64 at least 3 times back in the day so I just don't know how into it I can get but we shall see... if both games were 800 points it would be a no-brainer but 1200 points for an ugly-ass 10 year old game is a little steep...

Hmm, I already went back and got the Stop 'n Swop eggs and ice key from Banjo Kazooie that were unlocked from having a Nuts & Bolts save. I wonder how that will work for Banjo-Tooie now? I remember playing through BT on the N64 many years ago, it was a solid game, but I thought it was a little too long and more drawn out than its predecessor. I'm glad it's being re-released though, so everyone gets a chance to play the sequel. Now Rare, when can we expect Conker's Bad Fur Day?

I am going to stay up all night waiting for this to drop on the server. Definite buy.

Also, we need a bad fur day 2 and the original on XBLA.

i LOVED Banjo-Kazooie , without a doubt it was one of my favorite games for the N64.
sadly i never bought
Banjo-Tooie , but even if its half as fun as Banjo-Kazooie then its worth it.

The price is a rumored price, and is therefore not official. It'll probably be 1600 points claiming the 'bigger is better' BS as well as Stop n' Swop.

I played and finished both games back on the N64, and I remember liking BK a lot more than BT. I'll probably skip this seeing as I still haven't finished replaying BK. I don't know- maybe if it ever drops to 800 or less I'll grab it.

I actually didn't know they existed until Friday evening. Saw a marketplace link to them and got them. That's like...20 free Banjo gamerpics this week for me.

I couldn't get into Kazooie. I loved Donkey Kong back in the day and I loved Nuts & Bolts. I've tried to go back to Kazooie a few times now and I just end up frustrated. It's hard to believe the game was rated as high as it was when it first came out. Does Tooie fix any of the major problems with Kazooie (camera, swimming and confusing as hell hub world)?

I played Banjo-Kazooie and enjoyed it even with the moments of Controller-Smashing-Rage. I will likely indulge in Banjo-Tooie as well (but maybe not at 1200 pts).

I didn't try Nuts & Bolts, I was turned off in the demo by the vehicle missions, but who knows I may jump in if my never-ending backlog of games ever gets dwindled down.

I definitely want this, but now it seems 1200 pts is pretty steep, considering the first was free with the preorder of N&B. I will can this eventually, hopefully Amazon will put it on sale or something :)

Hopefully Amazon will have this up, so I can get 4000 pts with 10.00 credit, and apply that 10.00 credit towards this game.

The first one was somewhat fun. The main factor though is the first game was actually pretty big and space on the smaller HD is running low.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I added a trailer on the first page...from the looks of it looks it will unlock new moves.[/quote]

You can just unlock those moves with cheat codes that are in the game already. Unless they remove them, which I doubt they will.

Then again, they changed the end game text for BK XBLA.

[quote name='epyon399']Canary Mary, you bitch.
we will meet again soon.[/quote]

Thank YOU Street Fighter IV Fightpad for your magnificent turbo button.

They kind of failed to mention that the Ice Key helps you get
Dragon Kazooie
. I'm also surprised that the multiplayer isn't going online. Or if it is, they're very quiet about it.

Has anyone played it yet? Did they fix the frame rate?

Th N64 version seemed really inventive, but the frame rate was TERRIBLE. Slide show practically. I couldn't play it because of that, and sold it. But if they've fixed that.... (Banjo 1 looked nice on the Xbox, but then it ran fine on the N64 too.)

And how long does this take to show up on Amazon? A day or something? I think this is going to be my next game after I finish Assassin's Creed.

I hope its easier than the first game though. I got stuck partway through the first one on the N64, and again on the Xbox :whistle2:/

I'm waiting for Amazon to get in stock since I have $5 credit...that and I'm stuck at work at the moment :wall:.

I'll get it when I get home, with or without Amazon.

This just made me think-why the heck haven't they released Blast Corp or something? Way better than the "wow! it's another Robotron clone!" fare they're always releasing :whistle2:/

Or for that matter, other older games. Early on one of their reps said "we're not letting these publishers dump their crappy old PS1 games on here!" and my thought was "uh.... why not? That would be cool, verus dumping a bunch of crappy Robotron clones on your service"

Man, this has officially turned into a pointless rant. As such, I must point out that Geometry Wars was *NOT* the best game at the 360's launch. Not even close. I was so sick of hearing that...

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hopefully Amazon will have this up, so I can get 4000 pts with 10.00 credit, and apply that 10.00 credit towards this game.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I'm waiting for! Hopefully they do it soon. Although I guess I can play BK in the meantime.

I've got a $5 credit. I Never did know for sure...can I take advantage of the $10 off 4000 points deal if I already did the $5 for 1600 one?

[quote name='Wolfpup']
I hope its easier than the first game though. I got stuck partway through the first one on the N64, and again on the Xbox :whistle2:/[/quote]
Banjo Tooie, while not necessarily harder, has much larger game worlds and some jiggies require a lot to to and/or backtracking. One jiggy in world 4 requires you to do something in world 9.

Played for about 45 minutes today and already have 40 achievement points, heh. There are a lot more cutscenes than I remember.

So. How do people feel about this re-release? I /specifically/ want to ask about... swimming controls. I'll be frank. My first exposure to the Banjo Kazooie is the XBLA game. A game that I was thrilled to purchase, as I never had a chance to try it out on the N 64. A game, regrettably, that I /quit/ playing, after dying for the umpteenth time trying to collect music notes in Clanker's Swimming Level of Doom. I'm curious, but understandably wary of this game. Is the swimming as or nearly as bad? If so, I'll just take a pass.

I think the swimming is about the same, although I didn't find it too terrible (though not great either-I'm usually annoyed with swimming controls!)

I had to quit both games though. Can't remember how far I got in either, but in both I ended up without enough puzzle pieces I could get, and had to quit.

[quote name='Gourd']So. How do people feel about this re-release? I /specifically/ want to ask about... swimming controls. .[/QUOTE]

The swimming controls in Tooie are much better, but not great. There doesn't seem to that much water with the exception of Jolly Roger's Lagoon (which is ~80% water). One thing about the Lagoon is that, you can oxygenate the water so you never have to come up for air. So even though the controls aren't perfect you can take your time and not drown.

bread's done
Back