XBLA - Beyond Good & Evil HD - 800 Points - Out now!

I remember buying this for $10 shortly after it came out from the now defunct Circuit City. I still felt ripped off.

I have a feeling that people who may have never played the game will buy this after hearing it was the greatest thing since sliced bread and will be disappointed.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I remember buying this for $10 shortly after it came out from the now defunct Circuit City. .[/QUOTE]

I'll never forget that day because I was working at Wal-Mart and price matched CC to get the game for $10. At the time the game was not even out for a month and my assistant manager was pretty hesitate to price match it. Very good recall as CAG, that shows your seniority in this community!

With that said I never even beat the game and It's still hanging around but I'm guessing this is the test before BGE 2 to see if that game will sell.

played about 10 hours of BGE a few years ago and forgot about it... guess i'll give it another go when this is released

[quote name='whiptcracker']I remember buying this for $10 shortly after it came out from the now defunct Circuit City. I still felt ripped off.

I have a feeling that people who may have never played the game will buy this after hearing it was the greatest thing since sliced bread and will be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

That very deal led me to this site all those years ago. I still remember browsing Gamefaqs back in Senior Year of High School and coming across this great site.

I also remember the game being amazing, but i ran into 2-3 game crashing bugs (as in, restarting the entire game from scratch) and decided to stop playing altogether.

If Ubisoft can fix all the glitches, and price it under $20, I'm sold.

this could work in my favor. i have BG&E but i couldn't get past the first couple of levels without getting a headache at how the game looked

[quote name='timesplitt']this could work in my favor. i have BG&E but i couldn't get past the first couple of levels without getting a headache at how the game looked[/QUOTE]

You buying the game twice works in their favor. ;)

I remember how much of a bitch it was finding a used copy of this in workable condition only to purchase my Xbox a few months later and NEVER use my PS2 again. Definitely a day one for me because I still want to know what the hell the big deal is with this game.

I got this for Christmas when it came out and was pissed that I could have bought it myself for about $10 and gotten a full priced game instead :lol: I don't think I knew about CAG yet. I loved it and eventually owned copies for all 3 consoles (not sure why...lots of disposable income at the time.)

It's totally and completely overhyped on the internet though, like Shenmue, Tim Schafer games, JRPGs, etc. It's great fun, but don't go into it thinking it's going to be the best thing ever. These kinds of "hidden gems" are just decent games that didn't sell enough, so internet nerds go ballistic with praise.

That said, day 1 for sure.

day 1, for sure. Now I have to convince my friends that they MUST play this game. I wish we had a better timeline as to when this will hit.

For reasons that I can't recall, I never finished this game on the PS2, although I was enjoying it quite a bit. I think I must have put it aside for some big AAA release like God of War II or GTA San Andreas, and never went back to it.

I'll definitely be buying this.

I missed this the first time around too... Would I be shunned if I didn't go for it? It has such lore behind it... Re-releases always make me worried about feeling dated?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Oh shit, I thought it wasn't out until next week!

Gotta grab this![/QUOTE]

Same! Will get once I get home. Cannot wait!

IMO if you dig action adventure games with a great unique story and dont pick this up at 800 points (a steal) we cant be friends....EVAR!

I really didn't know anything about the game until it launched on XBLA today. The screenshots have me interested, so I've downloaded the demo.

Well worth the 800. That is just from having played it when it first came out though. Im not sure if anything was added to this version. Apparently updated graphics?

The original game deal for this is was huge back in the day and actually got me into CAG.

Circuit City had it for $10 on sale not even three weeks after release. I bought it and still never beat it, so I'm wondering for those that have beaten the HD-less version whats in it worth paying again outside of HD graphics and achievements? I'm hoping to pawn off the PS2 verison somehow and put the money towards this version, just not sure if I'll wait for the inevitable 400pt sale.

So I demoed it for 15 minutes and then bought it. I was quite impressed with how it looks, the voice acting, and what seems to be a real story... But what really comes through is that there is good style and flow. I hope the combat improves a bit.

Still downloading the thing. For some reason I went backwards in %, I shut the 360 off (background downloading was enabled) at 45% and when I came back and turned on my system it said 40%?!

With BG&E one main draw is a non-stereotypical female heroine and yeah the other characters are good as well.

When I first read about this coming out I thought it would be on disc. 1.7 isn't a bad size of a download. I guess I will download it. Still would rather have it on disc than downloaded.

Played the demo this morning and LOVED it. It's exactly my kind of game. I love the characters and dialogue. Combat isn't the greatest, but everything else makes up for it.

If I didn't have so many games to play, I would leap on this. This game seems a little too big for me too fit in right now. Anyone know about how long it takes to beat?

Either way, if it goes on sale, I'm hopping on it. And if it doesn't go on sale before I'm dying to play it some more, 800 points seems cheap for a title of this caliber.

I still have the PC version somewhere. I wonder if the HD version looks better than the PC version. There has got to be some site out there comparing the two.

I'm going to grab the demo and try it out sometime this weekend. Want to see what the hype is about - never played it before.

Picked it up, but kinda annoyed at how even though I can reverse both the camera and look options I can't seem to invert the y axis w/o also reversing the look directions. Anyone else having this issue?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I still have the PC version somewhere. I wonder if the HD version looks better than the PC version. There has got to be some site out there comparing the two.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that the PC version is inferior, and has significant problems running on modern systems. There's an article on Arstechnica with some comments to that effect.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The original game deal for this is was huge back in the day and actually got me into CAG.

Circuit City had it for $10 on sale not even three weeks after release. I bought it and still never beat it, so I'm wondering for those that have beaten the HD-less version whats in it worth paying again outside of HD graphics and achievements? I'm hoping to pawn off the PS2 verison somehow and put the money towards this version, just not sure if I'll wait for the inevitable 400pt sale.[/QUOTE]

fuck yes! I think that was one of my first CAG deals too! I love that I payed the same amount for this game twice, 6-7 years apart :D

I grabbed the game yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I had this on gamecube back in the day, but sold it with the rest of my gamecube collection when I picked up a 360 originally.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The original game deal for this is was huge back in the day and actually got me into CAG.

Circuit City had it for $10 on sale not even three weeks after release. I bought it and still never beat it, so I'm wondering for those that have beaten the HD-less version whats in it worth paying again outside of HD graphics and achievements? I'm hoping to pawn off the PS2 verison somehow and put the money towards this version, just not sure if I'll wait for the inevitable 400pt sale.[/QUOTE]

Same here, went to CC the next day and there was a guy with a whole cart of them. It was the first experience I had with a hoarder. I played through it back then and while it's been a few years, I honestly never understood why it got such high scores in the first place. There's a lot of lame stealth sections with terrible camera angles, a hovercraft that controls like an air hockey puck, awkward and sluggish camera controls, and so on.

Then again a lot of people love the game. Personally I wish I hadn't paid $10 for it the first time, but I seem to be one of the few people who think that way, so take that with a grain of salt.

Playing this game for the first time. About 2 hours in. It's fun. Defintely reminds me of a PS2 type game. The controls are fine from what I've seen. Music and voice acting are very good.

Seems to be worth 800 points, but you can always wait for a sale if you are on the fence.

Played a bit last night...definitely enjoyed the game. Glad I got a chance to play it once more. Sadly I previously owned the XBOX version as well as the STEAM version and never got around to playing them. Can't wait to get deeper into the game and hopefully get around to completing it.

bread's done
Back