XBLA deals of the week for September

phragit

CAGiversary!
August 31 Penny Arcade Episode 2 800msp*

September 7 Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords 400msp

September 14 Lode Runner 800msp

September 21 Pinball fx 400msp

great deals for the whole month, enjoy

*listings are from xbox 360 blog Japan (found via www.gamerbytes.com) and thus may be different from US Deal of the Week if the US Deal is not avialable in Japan.

edit: also worthy of note, Defence Grid and Yo Ho Kablamo are set to release on September second, both at the price of 800msp (far less than the $20 price of Defence Grid on PC)

[quote name='eastx']I own PQ on DS and 360. Puzzle Quest on 360 is a fair improvement over the DS game. Both the graphics and music are way, wayyyy better. They fixed some glitches and rebalanced spells a bit too. Plus the online multiplayer and expansion. It's worth a repurchase if you really enjoyed the portable version.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I just cant see myself playing it on the 360. I love the touch screen interface, and it just screams to me that it's a portable game. That and the fact that I got frustrated with the DS version. I've gotten all the way up to the final fight but he just slaps me around as if I were nothing. His spell resistance is almost infinite and light years beyond any of the other competition. I feel I'd have to grind to up my levels....and I just dont care anymore. Hell, I've more than gotten my money's worth out of the game anyway.

Sorry for the slightly OT diatribe.

If you're having trouble with the boss, the solution is to learn a really effective spell and make some better equipment that balance things out a bit. But yeah, if you're tired of it, then you're tired of it.

[quote name='kingneb']Great deal on Puzzle Quest. Definitely buy it if you haven't already.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree. Great puzzle game with an RPG twist

Glad to see they are back to arcade games for their deals of the week. I might have to pick up Lode Runner and Puzze Quest. Hard to believe they've actually dropped a game that used to be 1200 points all the way down to 400 for at least a week. Hard to pass up.

I bought PQ quite awhile after it had been out but still for 1200pts. It's fun and takes a loooong time to play, but was never worth 1200pts. 400pts is a good deal.

Probably dating myself a bit but Lode Runner for the Apple // was my first computer game. Bought it back in '82 I think. Didn't actually play through all 150 levels until I was in college about 10 years later. There were some pretty challenging levels in there. The XBLA screens I've seen make the levels in the new version seem smaller, but maybe those are early levels. Still, doesn't seem worth 800pts.

i'm in for Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. I regret buying that new mass effect dlc because those 400 ms points I could of used to buy this instead. oh and pinbfall fx is worth the 400 ms points! if you like pinball, you'll like the game. you can use xbl vision camera, they have a few custom tables which are pretty good, online play is pretty good too so check it out. definately getting penny arcade episode 2 too!

[quote name='Brak']I wish Puzzle Quest: Galactrix would go on sale. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That game is so frustrating be glad you don't own it.

[quote name='destro4eva']
Have you tried the Williams Pinball Collection game for either the Wii, PS2 or PSP? Does Pinball FX compare at all to that amazing game??[/QUOTE]

I can answer this. It's not quite as good, but close. The play is a little too fast. The ball just doesn't have the same weight the Williams Collection has (which is as close to the real thing I've ever played.) The tables are pretty fun (if you can get past the cringe inducing cheeze of a few of them) and all in all, it's worth the money, even moreso on sale. Just know it's not setting the benchmark for realistic pinball on a console, but it's coming within striking distance.

im gonna grab lode runner
penny arcade is also a maybe.
i dotn ahve the first one but always wnated to grab it
and as for puzzle quest.
it looks neat but i think id honestly play it more on a hand held....

Eihter way thanks a billion OP :) ive got my fingers crossed that these come true

[quote name='Captain Wrong']I can answer this. It's not quite as good, but close. The play is a little too fast. The ball just doesn't have the same weight the Williams Collection has (which is as close to the real thing I've ever played.) The tables are pretty fun (if you can get past the cringe inducing cheeze of a few of them) and all in all, it's worth the money, even moreso on sale. Just know it's not setting the benchmark for realistic pinball on a console, but it's coming within striking distance.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge pinball fan, but I still say people should save those $5.00 and get yourself a better pinball game, or use it to purchase DLC for another game.
Both, the Williams Collection, and Zen Pinball on the PSN are far superior games.

[quote name='dragonjud']I'm not a huge pinball fan, but I still say people should save those $5.00 and get yourself a better pinball game, or use it to purchase DLC for another game.
Both, the Williams Collection, and Zen Pinball on the PSN are far superior games.[/QUOTE]

I think I will probably get the Pinball FX, probably will get PQ again too. Hopefully Crave (makers of Williams Collection Pinball) will start releasing licensed tables for DLC in the future as I'm crossing my fingers for Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, and Scared Stiff. One can dream right? :bouncy:

Kickass. I am in for all of them, even though I beat PQ on the PSP.

For those wishing it was Galatrix on sale though..don't. Your time is better spent replaying the first one. :(

[quote name='destro4eva']I think I will probably get the Pinball FX, probably will get PQ again too. Hopefully Crave (makers of Williams Collection Pinball) will start releasing licensed tables for DLC in the future as I'm crossing my fingers for Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, and Scared Stiff. One can dream right? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
You guys got me all excited that this 360 Williams Collection might be a bunch of new tables, but it looks like it's just three additional ones on top of the Wii version. That game is one of the very few worth hooking the Wii up for.

Probably in for all four of these.

Sweet! Penny Arcade 2 on sale. I bought the first one like a week before it went on sale so I wont miss out on this. Now if i could only find a 400 point card.

[quote name='doodofdoods']wow, 4 straight game deals, that must be a record.[/QUOTE]

Five - don't forget The Lost and The Damned this week.

[quote name='Sulik2']How have so many of you not purchased puzzle quest yet? Shadow Complex is great put puzzle quest is still the best game on the live arcade. How have you all resisted buying it for over a year?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I already own Puzzle Quest. For the DS. I don't need the 360 version, but I loved the game, and for $5 and achievements (plus the expansion, if I ever wanted that down the road) I can afford to buy it again. Given that I only spent $15 on the DS copy in the first place, I still haven't hit the game's original retail price yet. :lol:

[quote name='simmias']You guys got me all excited that this 360 Williams Collection might be a bunch of new tables, but it looks like it's just three additional ones on top of the Wii version..[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's "just" 3 tables, but one of those is Medieval Madness which rocks the hiz. and No Good Gophers and Arabian Nights are no slouches either, it's not like your getting 3 more Jive Time tables !!!

Plus, I am all for supporting this game (again), if we can get more dope pinball titles or DLC from this sample publisher.

[quote name='IBMguy']

Probably dating myself a bit but Lode Runner for the Apple // was my first computer game. Bought it back in '82 I think. Didn't actually play through all 150 levels until I was in college about 10 years later. There were some pretty challenging levels in there. The XBLA screens I've seen make the levels in the new version seem smaller, but maybe those are early levels. Still, doesn't seem worth 800pts.[/QUOTE]
I guess if you played the original its not worth 800, but to those who've never played it, I think its worth it. This one has 220 levels, including all the original levels. 1-4 players, 1-2 coop.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/loderunnerxboxlivearcade/

Puzzle Quest is an AWESOME game. If you like old-school RPGs or Puzzle games you will like this one. I paid $10 for it and it was well worth it. I probally have like 25+ hours into this game and I still haven't finished it. AWESOME BUY IT!!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Lode Runner should have been that price in the first place, that and the R-Type deals are an insult. PQ and Pinball FX look good, and I nabbed PA Ep2 with some promo points a while back before they could expire.

Do you have to have a paid Gold account for the deals?

The reason I ask is because I think my subscription lapses on the third, and right now I don't really have the money to renew. If a 48 hour trial is good enough to get the deal, I think I have one (or can bum one off of somebody on the site). If not, I might be SOL on Puzzle Quest. :(

Is PA part 2 worth getting if you didn't get part 1? I always wanted to pick them up, but it seemed a bit on the more expensive side of Arcade games. I'd hate to miss part 2 at this price if it's good.

I'm wondering the same thing about penny arcade episode 2. Not sure if it's worth the purchase. I played the demo and liked it so even at 800 points i'd think it is worth it compared to other games that are 800 points and not worth it. Only thing is, I heard the story line isn't long (in hours) and there's not much of a replay value so i'm skeptical.

I'm wondering the same thing about penny arcade episode 2. Not sure if it's worth the purchase. I played the demo and liked it so even at 800 points i'd think it is worth it compared to other games that are 800 points and not worth it. Only thing is, I heard the story line isn't long (in hours) and there's not much of a replay value so i'm skeptical.

I think I might finally bite on Puzzle Quest because I never played on anything and it is something that my family would actually play.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Kickass. I am in for all of them, even though I beat PQ on the PSP.

For those wishing it was Galatrix on sale though..don't. Your time is better spent replaying the first one. :([/QUOTE]

Man I too regret it, wish I could get those 1600 xbox live points back.

would i miss out on much if i never played PA Episode 1 and bought PA Episode 2?

(I did play the PA 1 demo so I know what I'm getting myself into, just concerned about story-arcs or jokes etc)

Defense Grid is on XBLA and is well worth the money. That game is crazy fun and addicting. I normally don't like games like that but can not get enough. Try the demo out.

Do these deals actually rotate every week, or do the older ones last till the end of the month? I'm debating whether or not to grab Penny Arcade Ep 2, and see it's sill 800 pts. I bought Ep 1 when it was one sale, but still haven't finished it. ;)

I think since it's labor day not everything is transitioning like it should...penny arcade should not be on sale anymore...so if you want it buy it before they change the price back...they rotate every monday

[quote name='mistermoravec']I think since it's labor day not everything is transitioning like it should...penny arcade should not be on sale anymore...so if you want it buy it before they change the price back...they rotate every monday[/QUOTE]

Ah well, missed my last chance. If I ever get around to finishing Ep 1 and want the next one, I'll just pay full price.

[quote name='cdeener']It says that its 800 points instead of 400.[/QUOTE]
You need to be logged in as a Gold Live member to see the sale.

bread's done
Back