XBLA - December Deals of the Week: 13 - 19 Japan’s Finest

PapaLau

CAGiversary!
Xbox Site Link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Deal of the Week for December 13 - 19: Japan’s Finest

XBLA Games

All 50% off.

boxartlg.jpg

Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury — 400 MSP (was 800)

boxartlg.jpg

Guwange — 400 (was 800)

boxartlg.jpg

Hard Corps: Uprising — 600 (was 1200)

boxartlg.jpg

Radiant Silvergun — 600 (was 1200)

Capcom Combat 29-Nov - 5-Dec
Age of Booty 200 (50% off)
Streetfighter 2 Turbo HD Remix 600 (50% off)
Streetfighter II' Hyper Fighting 200 (50% off)
Final Fight Double Impact 400 (50% off)

Legendary Heroes 6-Dec - 12-Dec
Prince of Persia Classic 400 (50% off)
Ghostbusters 400 (50% off)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light 600 (50% off)

Ubisoft Publisher Sale 6-Dec Up to 50%

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='foxmcloud']I hate MS for gold only sales
fuck that, I'll buy them on PSN instead[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Gold requirement sucks but I got recently burned by PSN and Sony gave me the middle finger so I won't be buying from them as well. But keep in mind Sony pulls the same shit if you're not a Playstation Plus subscriber.

They're all bastards. :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']Yeah the Gold requirement sucks but I got recently burned by PSN and Sony gave me the middle finger so I won't be buying from them as well. But keep in mind Sony pulls the same shit if you're not a Playstation Plus subscriber.

They're all bastards. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Though I am loathe to defend Sony's business practices, the PS Plus model isn't quite comparable to the gold requirement of XBL. Ps Plus members get additional discounts, but weekly discounts on PSN are available to anyone with a PSN membership. I just bought Half-Minute Hero for 9.99 last week.

The whole PS plus membership seems like a colossal waste of money. You're paying more than an XBL gold membership to save a few bucks a month on games and play a 1 hr unlimited trial on games, half of which have been out for 3+ years. Not that I like paying $60/year for netflix/online play/etc but at least Microsoft was smart enough to set the precedent from day 1 and then continue to add value. Sony really got it backwards.

Really hoping for some Summer of Arcade discounts this month (been waiting a while for Bastion). Perhaps as we get closer to the holidays...

[quote name='gleo']Really hoping for some Summer of Arcade discounts this month (been waiting a while for Bastion). Perhaps as we get closer to the holidays...[/QUOTE]

i would guess that bastion will be one of the one day sales between christmas and new years (if they do them again).

[quote name='zorba_the_greek']Final Fight is tempting, loved the original.[/QUOTE]

Then you should definitely get it. Not only do you get the original Final Fight but Magic Sword as well, along with enhanced presentation, online co-op and bonus content.

I'm not going to post a full update (someone else is probably in mid-doing-that right now), but it looks like the deals for this week are on some good shmups:

Radiant Silvergun down from 1200 to 600
Guwange down from 800 to 400

and more.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I'm not going to post a full update (someone else is probably in mid-doing-that right now), but it looks like the deals for this week are on some good shmups:

Radiant Silvergun down from 1200 to 600
Guwange down from 800 to 400

and more.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Bangai-O HD! WOO! :)

Hard Corps: Uprising is also on sale, but it's the first time Radiant Silvergun, Guwange and Bangai-O have been on sale. Radiant Silvergun isn't even that old. Plus, it saves you hundreds over buying a Saturn copy!

XBLA Games

All 50% off.

boxartlg.jpg

boxartlg.jpg

Guwange — 400 (was 800)

boxartlg.jpg

boxartlg.jpg

Fun Fact: This sale price was mistakenly available to Silver members for a few hours. It has since been corrected.

Fun Fact 2: These SHMUPS! are incredibly hard. I mean "violently throw your controller in frustration at your TV screen" hard. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

XBLA Games

All 50% off.

boxartlg.jpg

boxartlg.jpg

Guwange — 400 (was 800)

boxartlg.jpg

boxartlg.jpg

Fun Fact: The sale price for Radiant Silvergun was mistakenly available to Silver members for a few hours. It has since been corrected.

Fun Fact 2: These SHMUPS! are incredibly hard. I mean "violently throw your controller in frustration at your TV screen" hard. ;)

Thanks guys for the updates, I'm travelling for the next 2 days, I'll update the main post when I get back.

So which of these is the best to pick up? I've heard great things about Radiant , and that it's a bit of a different take on the genre, something about having all weapons at the start of the game. I could be wrong.

1 - Radiant Silvergun is great
2 - Radiant Silvergun is like riding a sweet roller coaster while the dude in the seat next to you repeatedly sets your pubes on fire with a propane torch. Fun mingled with searing pain and that burnt hair smell (and shame)
3 - Radiant Silvergun is great!

bread's done
Back