XBLA: Fusion:Genesis (Calling all old school ARMADA fans)

Bunneh3000

CAGiversary!
Ok, so I was in the midst of writing a blog about some of the games from way back when that I miss playing and came across this new game that came out late last year on XBLA called Fusion:Genesis.

Fusion_Genesis_keyart.jpg

I watched a video of the gameplay for this game and by the Hammer of Glopthor, the beeotch looks and plays JUST LIKE ARMADA.

For all of you young noobs who've never had the pleasure, Armada was an addictive shooter/RPG that had excellent co-op, lots of ship customization, and was light on story. The controls are summed up as a twin stick shooter. You move with the left stick and shoot with the right stick just as if you were playing the old school Asteroids game. In other words it made for a fantastic and yet senseless escape into blowing stuff up in space. You shoot, you kill, you level up, you do missions, you buy upgrades and new ships and whah-lah. Fun by the ton! :whee:

I must say, when I saw the vid for this new game, I was not surpirsed to hear some people say that it was a bit boring though. For those who aren't into level grinding or a bit of repetition and such, then this game wouldn't be for you. Still, after hearing people talk about upgrading their ship until it becomes huge and flying around joining other people on big missions in a kind of MMORPG-Lite kind of shooter atmosphere, I'm on board!

Even the IGN crew loved it when they did a review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I broke down and spent the $10 to buy it last night. The initial missions are a little annoying because they are supposed to be the 'tutorial' but so far the controls and gameplay are all too familiar.

Flew by a few other players and their ships were MASSIVE compared to mine. Looked over the shop to get an idea for the upgrades and weapon systems and it seems as if they have a modest loot system for their upgrades and such. Didn't get into how to level up my skills or the skills of my 'sentient' ship (basically a familiar) but that system looks just as in depth as the one for my own ship.

Allows for you to have like 4 different ships too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, we officially have no reason not to check this game out now...it's on sale this week for 400mspacebucks!

Downloading the demo now...

Thanks for the thread Bunneh, I wouldn't have noticed it on the list of sale items this week if I hadn't read this thread last week. Awful name for such a promising game. I'm hoping it brings back slight memories of Star Control on the Genesis for me.

looks pretty cool, i was a big fan of Star Control back in the day. this kinda reminds me of it in it's own sort of way. i suppose i have something else to download tonight.

sweet, and even on sale. thanks B3000.

bread's done
Back