XBLA - Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax - 800 Points - Now available!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
images

This is a unique retro game parody/RPG. IGN loved the PSP version, so expect good things from it on XBLA too.

Achievements

[youtube]h2uvBX_20Bw[/youtube]
PSP Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a Half-Minute Hero game for the PSP I think, right? I remember reading previews and it looked interesting but I never gave it a shot. Seems pretty cool!

Edit: Herp derp. I didn't read the part were you mentioned IGN loving the PSP game. Lawlz. Anyways, cool. ^^

I read up on this when I was planning on getting a PSP. Sounds like a cool concept, looking forward to this one!

Achievements are up at xbox360achievements.org, too!

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I read up on this when I was planning on getting a PSP. Sounds like a cool concept, looking forward to this one!

Achievements are up at xbox360achievements.org, too![/QUOTE]

That explains why I linked to them in the OP. :bouncy:

I just finished this game today so I'm pretty surprised to see this. This is definitely one of the best psp games I've ever played. There are 6-7? Different games within it, each are different like the ultra speedy RPGs, a shooter, a different take on tower defense ect. I thoroughly enjoyed this game (30-40 hours?). I might see if there is any different content before I plunk down on this. A must buy if its coming to the PSN or XBLA, especially if you don't like slow or boring RPG's.

Just a few things to note:

ESRB Descriptor:
"
This is an action role-playing game in which players assume the role of a character that must defeat monsters in 30-second timeframes. As they run and jump through each level, players use weapons (swords, magic spells) to defeat 'cartoony' goblins, giant plants, and roaming skeletons. Characters charge at each other to quickly exchange hits; battles are highlighted by light flashes, and enemies that spin off screen when defeated."

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=30905

This leads many to believe that the game is not a port of the original PSP game, but perhaps simply the "Hero" portion of that game, or maybe more like the PSP Sequel, which pretty much makes the whole game into varieties of the "Hero 30" mode.

Also, there have been avatar awards revealed for the game! Get a look at them here:
http://vegivo.com/2011/05/24/xbox-3...r-radiant-silvergunhalf-minute-hero-and-more/

Hope we get to see some actual screens or video of this version soon. It would be great if it adapted the map buildier functions of the 2nd game...

[quote name='SAB-CA']Just a few things to note:

ESRB Descriptor:
"
This is an action role-playing game in which players assume the role of a character that must defeat monsters in 30-second timeframes. As they run and jump through each level, players use weapons (swords, magic spells) to defeat 'cartoony' goblins, giant plants, and roaming skeletons. Characters charge at each other to quickly exchange hits; battles are highlighted by light flashes, and enemies that spin off screen when defeated."

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=30905

This leads many to believe that the game is not a port of the original PSP game, but perhaps simply the "Hero" portion of that game, or maybe more like the PSP Sequel, which pretty much makes the whole game into varieties of the "Hero 30" mode.

Also, there have been avatar awards revealed for the game! Get a look at them here:
http://vegivo.com/2011/05/24/xbox-3...r-radiant-silvergunhalf-minute-hero-and-more/

Hope we get to see some actual screens or video of this version soon. It would be great if it adapted the map buildier functions of the 2nd game...[/QUOTE]
That would be an absolute slap to the face of the fans if that's true.

no its not just the hero part of the game because in the trailer they showed all the different characters from the side games. The hero only meets the evil lord in his time, the other characters are from different era's (ex. 100, 200, 300 years after the game) so I'm 100% certain the 6 side games will be included.

[quote name='phantasyx']no its not just the hero part of the game because in the trailer they showed all the different characters from the side games. The hero only meets the evil lord in his time, the other characters are from different era's (ex. 100, 200, 300 years after the game) so I'm 100% certain the 6 side games will be included.[/QUOTE]

The trailer is for the PSP game, not for the HD game.

The reports are conflicting so far, though. Gamepro thinks it's a PSP Port with the 62 new quest being DLC (.....). The official site reads more like this is a new game, based around the Hero 30 mode (just like the sequel) that has 62 new quest, plus a new mode in the multiplayer "Super Hero Wars".

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/xbla/half-minute-hero/en.html

It really wouldn't bother me much if the other mini-modes are absent from this initial release; Hero's always been the focus of the game, and seems to be what defines it. I'd love to have all of it redone in the new HD style, of course, but for a 800 pt release, what we're getting seems great.

But we all get to make up our own minds about it, as The game will be Live streamed by Gamepro tonight!

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/219651/gamepro-live-half-an-hour-with-half-minute-hero/

4pm PST / 7pm EST.

Hopefully, this will clear up a lot of the lingering questions.

It would need everything from the original to get my money. Princess30 and EvilLord30 were great modes and essential parts of my enjoyment of the game.

They shouldn't be taking lessons from Taito where they sell you a gimped base game and force you to pay more for the full game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It would need everything from the original to get my money. Princess30 and EvilLord30 were great modes and essential parts of my enjoyment of the game.

They shouldn't be taking lessons from Taito where they sell you a gimped base game and force you to pay more for the full game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Plus, the PSP game was $20 at launch if I remember correctly. $10 for way less than 1/2 of the game is a total rip.

From watching the live stream, it looks like all the modes are included and unlockable. This game is peaking my interest. I think I am going to pick it up ;)

It's not so much selling you a gimped base game that looks to be going on here; seems more like a new game, kinda a cross between Hero 2nd and the original, with a 2nd graphic engine that basically re-imagines the game.

From the stream, what they showed of Evil Lord 30 seems to have been re-made, to be like the Hero 30 mode now; from what we've heard so far, all modes will probably be remade in such a way, as there's been no mention of any mini-game elements (closest has been calling the online mode a "seperate game" in "Super Hero Wars".)

And the original PSP game started at $29.99 on PSP in the US.

Anywho, it would be nice to get a list of what each "mode" really contains (which we'll probably get before the game releases). I'm pretty glad that it sounds more like a game made for 360 and it's online, rather than just a quick-and-dirty port.

And if it HAS exchanged old content for new stages and graphics, well then, all the more reason to go back and get the PSP game as well!

They're changing all of the modes to be like Hero 30? That's disappointing since I'd be interested in replaying through the four main eras of HMH. They need to figure out what they're doing with this game and explaining it clearly since it's extremely confusing. Is it a straight port of the first or second game? Or is it a complete reimagining? Or is it something else altogether?

[quote name='Shadowiii']I am so damn pumped for this game, even if the "HD" remade graphics look awful. I'll be switching to the old, pixelated ones for sure.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Something about that flash-looking HD style isn't appealing to me. But, that old school style is just too cool. Can't wait for this one!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think I'm done caring about this game now. Just bring me Half-Minute Hero 2 on PSP and I'll be happy again.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Those screens actually look pretty nice though.

[quote name='SAB-CA']Images of the Princess, Evil Lord, and Knight 30 segments.

Yes, they're a part of the game.
Yes, they've been redone to resemble the Hero 30 style gameplay.

Here's the info and screens off the official site: http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/xbla/half-minute-hero/i_en.html

[/QUOTE]

Damn you for taking away 66% of my enthusiasm for this game! The only way you can make it up to me is tell me that they're including the normal Princess and Evil lord sections too. MAKE IT UP TO ME SAB!!! I don't believe in "Don't kill the messenger".

[quote name='Jhuntley']The only way you can make it up to me is tell me that they're including the normal Princess and Evil lord sections too. MAKE IT UP TO ME SAB!!![/QUOTE]

:nottalking:
Heh, err, wish I could help? They remade the the graphics entirely in a second style, but still included the old minigames stories and characters, just in the "most popular" style from the previous game... It's the same thing the upcoming sequel is doing. Not like the PSP game is dissapearing or anything.

The ONLY people to ever suggest this game ever had everything from the PSP game, were the people of Gamepro. The official site, the ESRB rating, the Australian rating... none of these things ever said this was going to be a straight port.

:whistle2:?

It's like Kenji Inafune was saying with his opinions on JP devs and downloadable game; They haven't accepted the media the same as many westernized devs, and those who work on them feel like they're working on a lower-grade product. Given that, I'm glad we're getting a port at all!(theory) The only reason we're probably getting THIS game, is because HMH2 / Yusha 30 Second seems to have been in lots of Dev-hell. So co-dev'n a version of the game with Microsoft/Outside devs, probably will help fund the sequel. (/theory) Fine by me, I get a version of the game on my system of choice!

The more I hear and see of this game, the more I think of it as a Half-Min Hero 1.5. Which I think sounds perfectly fine for a $10 game. I'm glad they're actually making something fresh out of what they've made, instead of an untouched port with a crappy filter or something...

Great thing we'll all be able to try a free demo to decide!

I want to cry. I DLed the demo and the controls are unforgivingly horrible. I don't know how this went out the door. You need absolute precision to control your dude because a lot of times you are leveling up and entering a town to pray with 0.25 seconds left until the end of the world. I am so disappointed.

[quote name='Redrazorback']I haven't had any problems with the controls when using the D-pad.[/QUOTE]

Did you play the PSP version? Maybe I'm just used to that? I was using the d-pad and I was consistently overshooting pretty much everything - like my dude was walking on ice the entire time.

Yeah, I actually got this myself the other day. Trying to control with the analog is impossible, but I haven't had issues trying to use the d-pad.

Anyone have some tips on Hero 3? Really starting to drive me nuts, not sure if its me or the dpad just not being quick enough. Might try using a stick in a bit to see if that helps.

bread's done
Back