XBLA Hasbro Family Game Night - Scrabble, Battleship + 2 Others 3/18 @ 800pts each

I love how the front-end is free, and they make it seem like an actual game. What a complete rip-off this is. Lower the prices to 400 points, and I'll be there on just about all the games. Until then, no thanks.

Yeah, there is no possible way that I am going to dish 800 points out for Connect 4 or Battleship. Yahtzee and Scrabble? I'm more likely to consider so. But it seems that Yahtzee is the game people are getting into right now. I might end up snagging that.

I'd hope that in the future that they disc these games up together as either a $20 compilation or as a holiday console game bundle deal.

Yeah, I suppose Scrabble and Yahtzee could be arguably worth $10 each. I would absolutely love a compilation...especially when it ends up on clearance at Sears for like $3. :)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, I suppose Scrabble and Yahtzee could be arguably worth $10 each. I would absolutely love a compilation...especially when it ends up on clearance at Sears for like $3. :)[/quote]

All hail the clearance racks. :D

I bought Scrabble, might buy Yahtzee. I like the setup with the game housing the board games. Although playing online is a pain in the ass. If each game had it's own seperate loby then it would work great. But when people who don't own the game sit there and try to play it and don't leave...ugh :(

so last night I stumble across the download section and see this and my girlfriend is instantly screaming wih joy she wants all these games, so I look and they are all 800 POINTS?!

these are games I have in my closet already, I'm sorry, but I can't justify buying them to play them on my TV for ten bucks a pop... Connect 4 might work better on my table anyway.

Aren't some of these games available on iTunes for $4.99 or less? I know Yahtzee is on there and any developer can put together a connect 4.

I'm glad that you're going to die from asphyxiation, seeing as how they've already announced that all of the Arcade titles being released within this promotion will be 800 points.

[quote name='Brak']I'm glad that you're going to die from asphyxiation, seeing as how they've already announced that all of the Arcade titles being released within this promotion will be 800 points.[/QUOTE]

A: "They" didn't.
B: Puzzle Quest Galactrix is 1600 points.

The prices for all of these games are crazy....The "lobby" is really cool and looks great, but past that everything looks like garbage. Go and buy that creepy rainbow unicorn game popcap came out with. It has a helluva lot more gameplay value at 800pts

Anyone else get freezes with the lobby when looking around at the furniture? I did until I "won" a new carpet in Yahtzee. It kept glitching and telling me I had 3/4ths of the words in Boggle or something, and I didn't even buy Boggle. Once I swapped the carpet out I didn't get that message anymore. My friend only bought Scrabble and hasn't won a carpet yet and still gets freezes sometimes.

This game seems to have some weird bugs, while playing the landmine Scrabble variant we'd occasionally get disappearing tiles, and one time had to exit out and resume the game (nice feature, by the way) since we were stuck where no one could play their tiles.

I broke down and bought Yahtzee last night. Fun game, glad to see there's actually a very decent base of people playing online as well.

Scrabble's probably next on my list, and somewhere deep inside me I am tempted to get Battleship. God only knows why.

800 points each is crazy. I played Yahtzee at home with my boy last week with five dice (dollar tree) and a printout of the scoresheet. I like board games, but I'm not going to pay 10 bucks each for these games.
I like the concept and the format, but I think this is hitting the wrong points--most "casual" gamers are probably either on the Wii or playing Peggle, and lots of other noncasual gamers are probably not going to drop 10 bucks each on them.
I do like XBLA board games, but the benefits for me are: cheaper than a hard copy, easier to deal with games with lots of pieces, playing online because no one in my household likes the game. None of those are true with these Hasbro games.
Bring out Talisman or the like, like they were supposed to, and I'll buy that. I'm not trying to be a game elitist, but while I'll still play Sorry or Yahtzee, those games don't hold that much appeal to me anymore.

This had such potential, but they chose to be greedy. I will not be buying any of these games. Sucks too, because I really wanted Yahtzee and Battleship, but not for $10 a piece when they are FREE ONLINE.

$5 a piece and it would be a must-buy, but no.

~HotShotX

Yeah, I totally agree at $5 each. I would have even accepted something like..$10 each OR you can buy a bundle of them at a discount rated.

Yeah, this was certainly a good concept, and I think it's a nice diversion from the usual games I play. But again, I am not paying $10 for them. Bundle them together for a discount, and I might be there.

Ok, maybe I'm doing something wrong...but..if it's what I mean then this totally blows.

I was trying to set up a Yahztee match (it's late and doesn't seem like many people are on). So..I host a match. I like how you scroll over a game and it shows you who has what game and who doesn't. Ok. But why can't you set up a game of Yahztee? Meaning, when people join..they are joining just for that, instead of getting people to come and then picking a game?

The problem was that there were 4 of us in the lobby..and this one guy didn't own ANY of the games..(?!?!?)..and when I picked Yahtzee, it showed the person and said this person does not own the game. So, what does it do? Just.. keeps us there in the lobby. As host, why can't we kick people out? It almost FORCES you to buy all the games....and again, at these prices.. yuck.

This whole thing, where I do

[quote name='Decker']A: "They" didn't.
B: Puzzle Quest Galactrix is 1600 points.[/QUOTE]
A. and B.? So I get to pick one?

Oh... You meant 1 and 2.

Whichever choice I make, it's not 400 points. So KingBroly is still going to die.

[quote name='HotShotX']This had such potential, but they chose to be greedy. I will not be buying any of these games. Sucks too, because I really wanted Yahtzee and Battleship, but not for $10 a piece when they are FREE ONLINE.

$5 a piece and it would be a must-buy, but no.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Well I decided to give the demo a shot but ultimately that's as far as I'll go. I guess I'll have to stick to my DS game, Monopoly, Boggle, Yahtzee and Battleship.:cry:

I forgot about that DS game. That's that really insane rare one, though! I am sure Battleship on that is probably bad ass!

I played the connect 4 demo. I dropped 3 pieces and "time up" on my demo. What crap. $10 bucks for connect 4?! Whats next $10 for tic tac toe.

[quote name='Brak']A. and B.? So I get to pick one?

Oh... You meant 1 and 2.

Whichever choice I make, it's not 400 points. So KingBroly is still going to die.[/QUOTE]

Ok, let me see if I can explain this better:

You already stated that
they've already announced that all of the Arcade titles being released within this promotion will be 800 points.

I tried to point out that your statement is wrong on two levels -- first there was no official announcement about pricing of this promotion, only the games involed, and second that since PQ: Galatrix will be 1600 points, we know that not all the games will be 800 points.

At this point we still don't know for sure how much Uno Rush will be, but I do agree with you that 800 points seems more likely than 400, unfortunately. I still have a sliver of hope though.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Puzzle Quest isn't part of the Hasbro Family Game Night.[/QUOTE]

Neither is Uno Rush.

Well, there seems to be some confusion and talking-past each other. Anyway, the point is, the one guy said all of the games in this package were 800 points, and I was just pointing out that Puzzle Quest isn't part of it.

Considering they had the balls to charge 10 bucks a pop on these, I'm pretty annoyed with some of the little annoyances/bugs in this game. My latest gripe is it doesn't let you switch out of party chat if you're in a party when you set up a game - only way to switch to game chat is to actually leave the party. They need to patch some of these problems - yesterday. Yet I have a feeling the only updates we'll be getting is when they want to add new games to the menu for us to buy.

Actually, when you put it that way Yahztee is a better deal. That's just me, though. I don't find MAPS worth $10.

Again, that's just me.

So when are the other games coming out?
..And are they actually going to add more games to this? Games that aren't on the Wii/PS2 version?

Jesus' Bush;5666855 said:
Do these games support the camera?
Nope. Another annoyance.

[quote name='lilboo']Actually, when you put it that way Yahztee is a better deal. That's just me, though. I don't find MAPS worth $10.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I will never buy maps for any game, ever.

[quote name='lilboo']Actually, when you put it that way Yahztee is a better deal. That's just me, though. I don't find MAPS worth $10.

Again, that's just me.

..And are they actually going to add more games to this? Games that aren't on the Wii/PS2 version?[/quote]

I agree, maps are not worth $10 to me but I don't care for any of these games that much either, especially something like Connect Four. Now if they'd get off their butts and add Clue...

[quote name='lilboo']Actually, when you put it that way Yahztee is a better deal. That's just me, though. I don't find MAPS worth $10.

Again, that's just me.

..And are they actually going to add more games to this? Games that aren't on the Wii/PS2 version?[/quote]

Yea, well you gotta look at it from the perspectives of the people that would buy the mythic map pack on ebay for 50 bucks lol. Still I'd have tons more fun and hours of gameplay with a map pack compared to one board game. Multiplayer is infinite, even though the board games have multiplayer its hard to compare them to Halo, and I can't even play Halo online due to connection.

What annoys me about this...

7 games, same set up as the Wii and PS2 version.

The Wii version was released at $40. 7 games for $40. I'd pay this to play them on XBox Live. The PS2 version can be purchased for $20 (current MSRP). This includes 3 games not yet released on XBL.

$70 for all the games on XBL that were previously released elsewhere (almost 6 months ago) with the same features and designs.

Does Scrabble on the disc (Wii/PS2) version have AI since there's no online?

The pricing makes me cry. It's insane.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Silly as it souds, and the game is a liitle too expensive IMHO, still a good XBLA experience.[/quote]

I'd like to play it too, but I won't be paying $10 for it, so no thanks.

~HotShotX

$10 to roll dice with a control stick and have them randomly generate a set of numbers...as much as I like playing the game, it seems like a rip off. You can buy the actual game for 5$.

I won't mind having these games at the store:
-Trivial Pursuit
-Clue
-Monopoly
What Hasbro is presently offering makes me groan given that most of the games can be played for free elsewhere. (Yahoo Games anyone?)

I would pay 800 points for Risk. But even then i'd have to work up to it. 600 points would be more realistic for a must have. Outside of Risk i'd consider monopoly and stratego. But for all three i'd want them to come with the variants for 800 (mega monopoly, risk 2510, etc).

bread's done
Back