XBLA - Interpol: The Trail Of Dr Chaos - 800pts - 1/7

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Track down the evil and destructive fugitive Dr. Chaos, as you hunt down clues in the exciting seek and find game Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos. As an elite agent for Interpol, it is your mission to eradicate his trail of corruption as it takes you around the world from one international city to the next. Use your investigative skills to quickly gather the evidence needed to bring him to justice.

• Tons of puzzles: Analyze elaborate crime scenes to uncover hundreds of mysterious hidden objects.
  • Glamorous destinations: Search for clues scattered in exotic locales around the world including San Francisco, Paris, Tokyo, Cairo, and more.
  • Clever mini-games: Discover bonus similarities and differences in puzzles to test your keen eyesight.
  • Four player co-op: Complete missions with other agents to quickly apprehend this dangerous criminal before he does more harm.

Achivements: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/interpolthetrailofdrchaos/

My guess here is this is the sort of game where the demo won't help make a decision. You probably need a solid hour or 2 with the game to really get a feel, and they won't give you that much for free on an 800 point game that at best probably has 5 hours of play in it.

Probably a pass at the moment, though I'm intrigued. Too many Christmas games to play to purchase something else now (and if I was going to splurge, probably be something using the 25% off coupon at Gamestop for a past gen game).

Normally, I don't listen to reviews, but OXM's 3.5 on this has me alittle scared. I'll download the demo later, hopefully it's not as bad as they say (then again, they gave DeadSpace a 6.5, so they are hard to be trusted).

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Normally, I don't listen to reviews, but OXM's 3.5 on this has me alittle scared. I'll download the demo later, hopefully it's not as bad as they say (then again, they gave DeadSpace a 6.5, so they are hard to be trusted).[/QUOTE]

Its not a bad game as along as you know what you're getting. The demo really doesn't do it much justice though, the first level is quite easy compared to the rest of the stages. Unlike a lot of these games that you can play online, this one does tend to reflect more about memorization rather than sitting there searching for the items.

Is it worth the 800 points? If you dig this genre, I think it is.

God the arcade games have been sucking for so long it's amazing.
Nothing interesting IMO since Galaga Legions in August except rereleases like BK and Portal.

[quote name='porieux']God the arcade games have been sucking for so long it's amazing.
Nothing interesting IMO since Galaga Legions in August except rereleases like BK and Portal.[/quote]

Penny Arcade Episode 2? Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix? I think there have been some decent ones. Not as good as when they release a new one every week, but they planned that out carefully. Was good publicity.

[quote name='ttocs']Penny Arcade Episode 2? Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix? I think there have been some decent ones. Not as good as when they release a new one every week, but they planned that out carefully. Was good publicity.[/QUOTE]

Yeah those are popular with some people, but not with me.
To me there has been a huge drought since summer.
Guess this isn't really the right place for this discussion though, sorry.

Oh...so I guess it's not a remake of this, then...Free WCW t-shirt!:

et649x.jpg

bread's done
Back