XBLA - Jet Set Radio - 9.19.2012 - 800pts - 100% Of OG Soundtrack Included!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']they list the 2 or 3 songs here...
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/next-gears-of-war-graces-game-informer-cover-full-reveal-monday/[/QUOTE]

In a Gears of War article?

(I found it though, thanks - here: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/jet-set-radio-hd-has-99-9-percent-of-the-original-soundtrack/ )

Two of the 30 original tracks are still missing – Deavid Soul's "Yappie Feet" and O.B. One's "Many Styles" remain absent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FozxV8CdHQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0GR3Z-pa2A

Wow, what amazing news! I'm astounded SEGA actually got it right.

And I don't know how in the sweet hell you could forget Yappie Feet. That song is white hot. It's an unfortunate loss, but still. Close enough.

Dammit all, I'm buying a HD remake.

Yappie Feet is pretty essential. The other one i can't recall at all actually. Strange because i've played the game a number of times and would put it in my top 10 all-time favorites.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Yappie Feet is pretty essential[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree...it won't stop me from a purchrase, and I didn't recognize it by name, but when I actually heard it I was kind of surprised that was one of the ones being left out.

So when's this being released? There's got to be a rumored date after E3, apparently they had a playable version on display.

[quote name='dothog']So when's this being released? There's got to be a rumored date after E3, apparently they had a playable version on display.[/QUOTE]

They're keeping it loose, but surely this summer. I only saw the PSP version at E3, btw.

Hoping it's before July 20th, because if not...we've got a long way to wait. They are booked up July 20th through most of August.

Actually hooked up my old XBox again just to play JSRF in anticipation of this. Tried it on the 360 but the emulation was mediocre (slowdown) and custom graffiti didn't work...fuck that. Anyway, aside from the shit camera, it's quite fun and it annoys me we haven't had a new sequel to this series in this generation.

[quote name='iamsmart']Oh man, I am so happy right now. Really hoping they can lock down the original soundtrack , something tells me to lean towards a pessimistic outcome though. Yeah there might be an option for a custom soundtrack, but it's just not the same.

Here's a sad revelation: even though I've played Shenmue and JGR about 4 times each on Dreamcast and love the crap out of them, I've never played their Xbox sequels. What the hell is wrong with me!?[/QUOTE]
JSRF wasn't nearly as good as the original. It was ok, but it didn't have the same feel to me.

http://www.themexbox.com/index.php?topic=4442.0

EDIT:

Achievements http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/jet-set-radio-hd/achievements/

[quote name='Clak']JSRF wasn't nearly as good as the original. It was ok, but it didn't have the same feel to me.[/QUOTE]

Dunno if I totally agree with that, the additions they made (boost being the big one) to the gameplay made me enjoy it just a little bit more due to the that and the tighter control (I pulled of many more insane things I could never do on the original), the only drawback to the sequel is loosing out on doing the motions to do your tags, instead of just hitting the spray button. And the best part is the soundtrack is as good as the original, if not better.

I love them both, but find myself coming back to JSRF more, (plus I made sure that it would play on the 360, before I bought my system).

I didn't play Jet Grind Radio back when it was released and it wasn't until after experiencing JSRF that I went back to try it out on the Dreamcast, but I just couldn't get into it, it just felt clunky to me. I'm looking forward to picking up Jet Set Radio XBLA and giving it another try, but I'd love a sequel to JSRF.

I'll just rip Yappie Feet onto my Xbox and play it that way. That's what I did for Crazy Taxi and it's bullshit soundtrack. I'll just have to look up what level Yappie Feet was used in so I can play it at the proper time.

I can't wait to play this game again!

I am excited that JSR is coming out on XBLA. I've been keeping an eye for it to be release. I only played the JSRF on xbox, so I would love to have the original since I never got the chance to get it on dreamcast. Will defiantly buy it as soon as it is release, and the second one if it is ever released on XBLA.

Guess we're probably shit out of luck for the next month and a half. Next week on XBLA is Quantum Conundrum, and after that SoA starts and I imagine they won't put out stuff to compete against those titles.

I was hoping that tentative release date for June 26 was real on IGN, but obviously I'm not sure it ill even be in july.

I went back and played JSRF on the Xbox for a little while and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did when I originally got the game. I don't know why, but it didn't feel the same for me.

Nostalga fail I think.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I went back and played JSRF on the Xbox for a little while and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did when I originally got the game. I don't know why, but it didn't feel the same for me.

Nostalga fail I think.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that you played JSRF instead of JSR.

Have faith.

Did somebody say Shenmue 3!? oh... nevermind...

Edit - Sega related news: NiGHTS is coming to PSN & XBLA. Looks to be the Japan only PS2 remake with updated graphics. Good stuff Sega

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I went back and played JSRF on the Xbox for a little while and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did when I originally got the game. I don't know why, but it didn't feel the same for me.

Nostalga fail I think.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this, and it's going to apply to JSR as well. People who think there's some huge gap in quality between JSR and JSRF are in for a rude awakening when this finally does come out. I'm replaying both now and the differences are minor, despite some of the hyperbole popping up in this thread. Each have their tronger points.

I'll take the JSRF soundtrack over JSR, but who fucking cares. Musical argumets = welcome to infinity.

I'll still probably get it, but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if they do not adjust their expectations.

Haha yeah thanks for the reminder, sweet I got my points from the Summer of Arcade promo, cha-ching that's going towards this for sure!

Feeling kind of on the fence, the impressions that I got from Giant Bomb and Rebel FM podcasts left me pretty "meh" about the release.

bread's done
Back