XBLA Mad Tracks (Now w/Live) - Wed 5/30 - DLC and Vehicles Update

Are there videos anywhere from this game on the Internet? They have hid themselves from me if there are!

This looks like it could be a fun game. I may blow some of my Gaming Lagoon points on it tomorrow.

Tried it for a couple minutes last night. Love the tracks and the way the car handles. Played only one out of the 2 tracks on the demo. The first track was way too easy. I left everyone after the first lap. The weapons I saw were pretty cool, you start off with Homing Rockets and Oil Slicks. There's boxes with "?" scattered throughout the track, which they will give you more ammo if you already obtained the weapons. I don't know how many weapons you can have but since there was only 2 on the demo, I was able to have both on. You press X to alternate from what weapon you want to fire, you fire with A and accelerate with the RT. Kinda sad that the demo doesn't have competitive AI. I'll be getting some points and picking this one up. Its the closest thing to next gen RC Pro Am.

Also forgot to mention, that the acceleration runs out of juice. As you press RT to accelerate, a meter with a spring is shown right below your car, as the spring goes back to its normal state, you run out of juice. Which basically means, that you can play by holding on to the RT the whole time, you have to let it out every now and then, like while going downhill or in midair.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Also forgot to mention, that the acceleration runs out of juice. As you press RT to accelerate, a meter with a spring is shown right below your car, as the spring goes back to its normal state, you run out of juice. Which basically means, that you can play by holding on to the RT the whole time, you have to let it out every now and then, like while going downhill or in midair.[/QUOTE]
I actually hated this at first, but then the more I played with it the more I realized it introduced some strategy into the game. I wouldn't want it in every racing game, but in such an otherwise simple one, I liked it. But then again, I only played for a few short minutes.

Downloading the trial right now. Getting pretty excited considering the person who said it was horrid compared it to the likes of Small Arms, a game i loved.

Definitely worth $10. Single player is really easy, but the vast diversity in types of levels makes online multiplayer great. Foosball is my favorite so far (2 teams of two try to knock a foosball into the goal), with 8-Ball a close second (playing pool, first to team to knock all their color balls in wins). My only gripe so far is the lack of a lobby online when playing with friends. You pick a level, send out an invite, and once that game is done, everyone separates. There's no option to play again, and you have to set up another game and send out another invite. Very clunky.

After playing it im a bit disappointed...in the demo. I dont think the demo is long enough to make me know if i want to buy the game or not.

I liked it, the demo was fun, I'll probably get the full version tonight, seemed good value for $10. Although it will be interesting to see how much the DLC costs.

this is depressing - I was excited for this game, but now maybe not so much. All of the people on my friends list play Halo or Gears, so I'd have no-one to play this with...

[quote name='slickkill77']Its like a very very weak version on mario kart...O wait small arms was a weak version of super smash bros[/QUOTE]

Thats the way it should be....right? It cost 1/5 the price of what smash bros did when it came out and doesnt have characters which have had a huge following for 20 years...lets not forget it was developed by 4 people.

If a game is a weak version of a great game at a much lower cost on a system where the great game will NEVER be available....wheres the beef?

To keep this on topic though, i did not get the same feel for mad tracks as i did for small arms. The demo is just way too short, so i guess buying it will depend on how many friends get it.

I never downloaded the demo, just bought the full version, so I don't know how bare bones the demo is. All I can say is that I had no trouble finding online opponents last night, and the variety in the tracks makes it worth the money.

[quote name='velvet396']this is depressing - I was excited for this game, but now maybe not so much. All of the people on my friends list play Halo or Gears, so I'd have no-one to play this with...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there are many online to play with....I may get it eventually.

Played the trial and it was crap. It wasn't really fun, and for 800 points, i definitely don't see me buying this. Just give me an RC racer or something.

Well I wasn't expecting much from this game so i downloaded the trial and gave it a try. I actually had alot of fun with it, played a few games on 4 player splitscreen. The controls are pretty good, and the visuals arent that bad. After giving the demo a try, I ended up buying the game and dont regret it.

Some are comparing the feel to that of Small Arms, but I enjoyed this game and hated Small Arms. I havent unlocked many of the tracks and mini-games yet so I cant really say much about them, but Im liking what Ive played so far. This game is surprisingly fun.

I didnt find it too bad, though everyone I played with didn't have a mic. It's fun in short bursts, the menus are pretty shitty though.

Just purchased this last night...wow totally impressed, not like the demo at all, there's different levels of difficulty and I'm having a hard time getting first on Medium difficulty. Awesome game, definately reminds me of R.C. Pro-Am + Mario Kart

Patch now available:
when Mad Tracks was released for the Xbox Live Arcade there was a major bug. If you downloaded the free trial and then decided to upgrade from within the trial version, you could only play the races and minigames that were in the trial version. Fortunately for those unlucky enough to have this happen to them, the patch is now available.
http://www.xboxic.com/news/3044

That was damn fast...

bread's done
Back