XBLA - N Plus (N+) - 800pts (400pts Now through 7/11)

[quote name='fart_bubble']bought this today and I've got some buyer's remorse but oh well. LOVED the flash game but I still don't think this is worth $10. If anyone is up for getting the co-op achievements, just add me

edit: also, does anyone know when users are going to be able to upload some levels? I created 4 really cool ones and wouldn't mind throwing them up there[/QUOTE]

Probably never.

Microsoft is very very strict and anal about user created content. I know of multiple games, even on XBLA, that had to change the course of their development because Microsoft wouldn't allow sharing of user created content.

This is also the primary reason you do not have Unreal Tournement 3 on the 360 yet.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Probably never.

Microsoft is very very strict and anal about user created content. I know of multiple games, even on XBLA, that had to change the course of their development because Microsoft wouldn't allow sharing of user created content.

This is also the primary reason you do not have Unreal Tournement 3 on the 360 yet.[/QUOTE]

that would suck, makes the level editor pointless then

[quote name='thrustbucket']Probably never.

This is also the primary reason you do not have Unreal Tournement 3 on the 360 yet.[/quote]

Untrue in this case. There's a specific portion of the N+ menu to download user-created levels. It just hasn't been populated yet.

Sorry to double post, but has anyone created user levels for this? They can be traded in private matches, so just curious if anyone has been that industrious yet (I haven't).

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Sorry to double post, but has anyone created user levels for this? They can be traded in private matches, so just curious if anyone has been that industrious yet (I haven't).[/QUOTE]

so thats how you get them? Thats pretty lame.

I've created a few but haven't played them with anyone else

Yeah, the game kind of got screwed over by MS when they requested the level-sharing network be removed at the last minute. Metanet's saying that they want to get it back in the game in a patch, but I'm not sure about the chances of that happening.

It looks like some level packs are coming out soon:

N+ co-creator Mare Sheppard told IGN today that Metanet plans to release three downloadable expansion packs, each containing about 200 levels, in the months ahead. The first pack will likely contain some easier levels and some co-op multiplayer levels and could hit Xbox Live Marketplace as early as three weeks from now. The second and third packs would follow soon after.

"The other packs will probably contain harder levels, race and survival multiplayer, and some classic N levels from the original game -- we're just not sure how the content will be distributed among the packs yet," Sheppard said.

Metanet is shooting for a price of 200 Microsoft Points per pack (US $2.50) or one point per level, and one of the packs will be free.

In addition to designing/porting the roughly 600 extra N+ levels, Sheppard said Metanet is hard at work on a potential title update for N+ that would enable level sharing. Although the N+ level editor, included with the game, allows players to create their own levels, the finished products aren't distributable over Xbox Live.

There are also some other "secret goodies" in the works for the three sets of downloadable content, but Metanet isn't sharing that info just yet.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/859/859034p1.html

I'm up for some co-op or any of the MP stuff if anybody's interested.

If they support this game as they've described in that quoted section, they'll be getting a lot of my points. I'd love an easier pack of levels that you can go after from a time attack perspective instead of just getting through.

The online community for this game has been pretty solid and if they somehow get that level sharing feature added back in, it'll only take off from there. Hope they can pull it off somehow.

I usually have a movie/game night every week with friends, and we usually play N+ for at least a little while. This game is awesome when you have 3 or 4 people all playing at once, one of the best games on XBLA for multiplayer.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Sorry to double post, but has anyone created user levels for this? They can be traded in private matches, so just curious if anyone has been that industrious yet (I haven't).[/QUOTE]I've made four so far, one shy of a full episode. I haven't even looked at multiplayer for N+ yet, whether local or over Live, so I really have no idea how to share them with anyone besides my son.

The multiplayer is a lot of fun, so I'd suggest looking into it. I like the coop games if you can get a lag-free group going.

To trade maps, I think you just boot up one the multiplayer modes, set your user generated map as the map and connect in a private match. I haven't done it yet, so I don't know for sure.

I hate circle platforms in the game. Makes everything more challenging.

The game is picking up some momentum I think. I've heard it talked about a lot more the past two weeks. If they ever come to an agreement on making level sharing easier, I think they'll see another increase in buys.

Glad to see that great XBLA content can still shine above all of the content out there.

I couldn't seem to find another threat about N+. (If there is another one mods, feel free to delete this one

It can be difficult to find games online but the multiplayer is a ton of fun. The game can get frustrating at times but it's SO rewarding when you beat some of the more difficult levels (I'm looking at you 14-4 Master Control).

I've got all three map packs if anyone ever wants to play. My GT is MtlTom

I've been interested in picking this up, and now might be the perfect time since i just got 1600 points for free from the CC GoW2 deal. How much are the additional map packs?

[quote name='FrankySox']I've been interested in picking this up, and now might be the perfect time since i just got 1600 points for free from the CC GoW2 deal. How much are the additional map packs?[/QUOTE]

Map Pack 1 - 200 MS Points
Map Pack 2 - 200 MS Points
Map Pack 3 - Free

Each of them have about 150 single player levels each, and about 50 - 100 co-op levels. Well worth it (I'm not on my 360, so I can't get the direct number of levels in each pack for you).

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Map Pack 1 - 200 MS Points
Map Pack 2 - 200 MS Points
Map Pack 3 - Free

Each of them have about 150 single player levels each, and about 50 - 100 co-op levels. Well worth it (I'm not on my 360, so I can't get the direct number of levels in each pack for you).[/QUOTE]

Well thank you sir. I just purchased everything, however I didn't see a third map pack so i'll have to go investigate that. If anyone wants to play I'd be down. I haven't played any multiplayer yet so I'm not quite sure what it consists of but I'd love to try it.

Saw this posted the other day, so I downloaded the demo (somehow missed it the first time around). This looks like a really fun game, but with my backlog so big, and the last couple of XBLA games I've purchased have been disappointments (that pirate boat game, and Aces of the Galaxy) at the 800 point level (heck, the only game I really have enjoyed at the 800 level and thought it was fully worth it was Geometry Wars), that has scared me off a bit. If it goes on sale one week, might give it a go (looks like a lot of game for the money).

[quote name='lordxixor101'] This looks like a really fun game, but with my backlog so big, and the last couple of XBLA games I've purchased have been disappointments (that pirate boat game, and Aces of the Galaxy) at the 800 point level (h[/QUOTE]

I really dig both of those games my self

If anyone is up for some multiplayer, just hit me up

[quote name='QiG']Co-op over Live or local? Sounds fun but I already have this on my DS =/[/QUOTE]

both, online is also how you share your custom maps.

Most of the co-op levels are devilishly hard. It took some random kid and I a solid chunk of time to get through all 10 of them.

Beating all of the levels in this game is impossible, however. It cannot be done by a mere mortal.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Most of the co-op levels are devilishly hard. It took some random kid and I a solid chunk of time to get through all 10 of them.

Beating all of the levels in this game is impossible, however. It cannot be done by a mere mortal.[/QUOTE]

Already did all of them. It wasn't too bad. There's just a few co-op ones that piss me off because it's so easy to fuck over the group.

bread's done
Back