XBLA - Omega Five - 800pts - Wed 1/9

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Omega Five is a true next-gen, high-definition shooter, with the most awe-inspiring graphics around. Fly through dangerous 3-D environments in this side-scroller as enemies come at you from all sides, even the background. Grab an extra controller, choose your merc, and engage in two-player local co-op play for more action.
  • Unbelievable visuals: This side-scrolling shooter is set in a gorgeous 3-D environment.
  • Challenging gameplay: If you're a hardcore player, try your hand at the ultra-challenging ++ Mode, where you're only allowed one hit!
  • Local co-op: Grab an extra controller and demolish enemies with a friend by your side.
  • Dangerous environments: Enemies come at you from all sides, even from the background.
  • Merc variety: Fight as Ruby, Tempest, or other characters, each of whom has three unique main weapons and special attacks.
  • Unlockable extras: Discover new characters, game modes, and options.
  • Intuitive controls: The modern control scheme uses the right analog stick to aim and fire.

I love side scrolling shoot em ups. but it'd be kinda weird to me flying around as a person rather than a ship.

[quote name='Dezuria']I love side scrolling shoot em ups. but it'd be kinda weird to me flying around as a person rather than a ship.[/QUOTE]
castle shikigami style.

I've been waiting for this to be released for a while now, now all we need is some news on Ikaruga's progress to XBLA.

Am considering picking this up, really like side scrollers with co-op but with the lack of online co-op its sort of hard to justitfy it with my current backlog.

Looks pretty cool for 800 points. One of the better new games coming to XBLA until Castle Crashers. I'll probably pick it up since im sitting on 3600 points and nothing else really peaks my intrest.

They had a preview of it up on Epileptic Gaming, looked pretty awesome, but the guy they had pimping said it was pretty damn challenging. I dunno, I'm either getting this or Metal Slug tonight after a bar tour, hopefully I can get some rather quick feedback on either title.

it's ok, needs a longer demo. But the small demo has a bit of replay value and shows potential, I want to know what the unlockables are

[quote name='ighosty']Am considering picking this up, really like side scrollers with co-op but with the lack of online co-op its sort of hard to justitfy it with my current backlog.[/QUOTE]

What he said. ^

Just like Tron, I tried this & played for about 30 minutes and didn't like this one either. I did like it better then Tron and this is going to be an awesome game for some people..but not for me.

I did give it some fair chance, but in the end I don't want to waste more points.
I didn't delete it YET, is the co-op available in the demo? If so, maybe I'll keep it for when the idiot comes home and we'll try it out in co-op.

Holy giant sprites Batman.

I love me some shmups but I also love being able to dodge enemy bullets rather than my giant-ass clogging up (hyperbole coming up) 20% of the screen. I'll stick to my current assortment of PSX, Saturn, DC and PS2 shmups. I also don't really enjoy the whole aiming with the right stick aspect.

wooo! I'm 759 in the leaderboards!

I've never been in the top 1000 on any game before...

...I have to enjoy it while it lasts.

I cant figure out how to get teh two extra chars, beat the game? I played for 60 minutes and unlocked more credits. I really like this game alot. 4 levels isnt very many though =\

I liked it, I dunno if I'll buy it just yet, I only have 900 points left right now. It is a little odd, like others have said, that your guy is so freakin huge.

games sorta hard. im not understanding the two extra move/powers you have very well. i think its a good hard though. it has an rtype feel to me, atleast the first to stages (all ive played)
wish there was an easy mode so my son could last more than 5 minutes in the game with me.

Ah looked it up on x360a.org I guess you have to beat it once as ruby and once as tempest. Almost got to final boss yesterday. This game should hole me up until raiden comes out, or ikaruga. Hudson is usually good with getting additional content up.

bread's done
Back