XBLA Sale (Gears 3 season pass Dec 30, CoD content (don't bother) and others) on now

firehawk12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Note: the list at the bottom seems to be holding up for now.
Final update. Crappy MW content with links stolen from AlphaTwo00 from the same GAF thread.

MW1 - Variety Map Pack (400 - 50%off)
MW2 - Resurgence Pack (600 - 50%off)
MW2 - Stimulus Pack (600 - 50%off)

Gears of War 3 Season Pass 1800 points - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...38b82ce-1dc6-4028-a69b-514babca6db0?cid=SLink
There's some other stuff too, but it's not worth it... and the individual DLC doesn't seem to be on sale yet.

I'm going to steal this from Wario64 on GAF because... well, laziness. Lots of good deals to be had though:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456082

Deal of the Week is a Poker Game and all that Hasbro board game stuff: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

[quote name='Wario64']GAMES ON SALE NOW (DECEMBER 20)

Afterburner Climax (400 MSP) - 50% off - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/After-Burner-Climax/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a06
Bloodrayne Betrayal (600 MSP) 50% off - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/BloodRayne-Betrayal/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410acb
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (600 MSP) - 50% off - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...w-Planet/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b1c
LA Noire Rockstar Season Pass (480 MSP) - 50% off - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...tar-Pass/a47dd117-25c9-4034-82bb-d5f5917c3a93
Peggle (400 MSP + 200 MSP for Peggle Nights DLC) - 50% off - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Peggle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410889
Plants vs Zombies (600 MSP) - 50% off - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Plants-vs-Zombies/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109ff
Portal Still Alive (600 MSP) - 50% off - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Portal-Still-Alive/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410960
Renegade Ops (600 MSP) - 50% off - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Renegade-Ops/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410abe

Free Holiday Premium Theme is free right now (thanks @tha_doc)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...um-Theme/63f4d5e2-3c5e-4ea1-84ea-6f2d537b0002[/QUOTE]

Also, this is the rumoured list for the rest of the deals. No idea if it's true:
24.12.2011: Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition
25.12.2011: Fruit Ninja Kinect
26.12.2011: Forza Motorsport 4 Inhalte (inkl. Season Pass, Avatar Items)
27.12.2011: Halo Reach Inhalte (inkl. GonD, Packs, Avatar Items etc.)
28.12.2011: Sonic Inhalte
29.12.2011: Red Dead Redemption Inhalte
30.12.2011: Gears of War 3 Inhalte (inkl. Season Pass, Add-ons und Avatar-Items)
31.12.2011: Call of Duty Inhalte

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... $26 after taxes for GOW3 DLC. I paid $45 for the actual game. Not a chance I'm spending that much on DLC. Unless it has something to do with Red Dead Redemption.

Steam has opened my eyes. The console digital market is ridiculously overpriced.

Also, all those people that pre-purchased season pass for GOW3 should be refunded the difference. They didn't get anything apart from giving MS cash earlier than everyone else. In fact, they should have an even bigger refund. The fact that they're discounting the Season Pass further must mean it's not selling well.

No one know is Undead Nightmare includes all premium DLC? >.<

AftComet, I agree, that really sucks for the Gear faithful, especially considering the first DLC pack came out last week. Essentially they paid extra for a couple days of early access.

Yeah...people like me are being screwed over pretty bad by Microsoft...I'm a huge Gears fan, and I bought everything as soon as it was available. Seems I'm being slapped for being a fan.

[quote name='AftComet']Hmmm... $26 after taxes for GOW3 DLC. I paid $45 for the actual game. Not a chance I'm spending that much on DLC. Unless it has something to do with Red Dead Redemption.

Steam has opened my eyes. The console digital market is ridiculously overpriced.

Also, all those people that pre-purchased season pass for GOW3 should be refunded the difference. They didn't get anything apart from giving MS cash earlier than everyone else. In fact, they should have an even bigger refund. The fact that they're discounting the Season Pass further must mean it's not selling well.[/QUOTE]

I am kinda with you on this one, I got Gears 3 (cheap, thanks eb) again to play Ramm, but with sales of good games this past week for example Rage ($29) Saints Row ($29) and Assassins Rev ($19) this DLC is overpriced even at the discount for me, I will wait longer I guess....back to skyrim

[quote name='Booyakz']No one know is Undead Nightmare includes all premium DLC? >.<
[/QUOTE] It does, but I'm not sure if it means you can play Legends and Killers + Liars and Cheats on Red Dead vanilla or if they're limited to the multiplayer mode on the Undead Nightmare disc.

I have to thrown in a bit of a dissenting voice on the opinion regarding discounted DLC. It's not exactly fair to expect a retroactive refund on purchases for DLC, any more than it is on a hard copy purchase. Physical items almost always reduce in price (unless there is limited supply) over time, primarily because new physical items are shipped, and shelf space is reduced. Digital distribtion on the other hand takes no "shelf space" to speak of, so discounts are at the sole discretion of the publisher/supplier. Any discounts on their content is a way of driving more sales, and shouldn't be looked at as "punishing" early purchasers any more than when FS or BB has a weekly sale of a new release game for $20 off normal price.

I think digital distribution is still in its infancy and I would like to see Microsoft and Sony follow the discount model that Steam has implemented, but as I've stated in previous posts elsewhere, they are shackled by dependency on big box retailers to get their software delivery method (consoles) to the consumer. There are many more dedicated PC hardware delivery options, and the PC is an open market, so publishers have a lot more control over discounted pricing.

At the end of the day, the unfortunate lesson to all CAGs is to never buy a day 1 purchase unless you're willing to experience buyers remorse at some point. We've all experienced it on physical copies, and now we'll start to see it more on digital distribution.

Just my 2¢.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I have to thrown in a bit of a dissenting voice on the opinion regarding discounted DLC. It's not exactly fair to expect a retroactive refund on purchases for DLC, any more than it is on a hard copy purchase. Physical items almost always reduce in price (unless there is limited supply) over time, primarily because new physical items are shipped, and shelf space is reduced. Digital distribtion on the other hand takes no "shelf space" to speak of, so discounts are at the sole discretion of the publisher/supplier. Any discounts on their content is a way of driving more sales, and shouldn't be looked at as "punishing" early purchasers any more than when FS or BB has a weekly sale of a new release game for $20 off normal price.

I think digital distribution is still in its infancy and I would like to see Microsoft and Sony follow the discount model that Steam has implemented, but as I've stated in previous posts elsewhere, they are shackled by dependency on big box retailers to get their software delivery method (consoles) to the consumer. There are many more dedicated PC hardware delivery options, and the PC is an open market, so publishers have a lot more control over discounted pricing.

At the end of the day, the unfortunate lesson to all CAGs is to never buy a day 1 purchase unless you're willing to experience buyers remorse at some point. We've all experienced it on physical copies, and now we'll start to see it more on digital distribution.

Just my 2¢.[/QUOTE]

The season pass was basically a pre-order. You didn't get all the content right away. Why should early adopters (who basically got nothing) have to pay 600MSP more? If this was a pre-order at a brick and mortar store, the customer would have had a price adjusted.

Imagine ordering Gears 3 a month before the E3 sale. You paid $60 to reserve a game while everyone else paid $40. And then you can't get a refund. You can't even cancel your order.

It's absurd. And regular price the DLC comes in at nearly the same price that I paid for the game. It should be way less considering the profit margin is much higher digital than retail. And then, it's not even a major expansion. It's a few maps, a mission, etc. Hell all the DLC for Red Dead was $15 on sale and that is as good as it gets.

[quote name='AftComet']The season pass was basically a pre-order. You didn't get all the content right away. Why should early adopters (who basically got nothing) have to pay 600MSP more? If this was a pre-order at a brick and mortar store, the customer would have had a price adjusted.

Imagine ordering Gears 3 a month before the E3 sale. You paid $60 to reserve a game while everyone else paid $40. And then you can't get a refund. You can't even cancel your order.

It's absurd. And regular price the DLC comes in at nearly the same price that I paid for the game. It should be way less considering the profit margin is much higher digital than retail. And then, it's not even a major expansion. It's a few maps, a mission, etc. Hell all the DLC for Red Dead was $15 on sale and that is as good as it gets.[/QUOTE]

I understand your frustration but I am just going to throw this out there, I purchased Assassins Creed Rev for $39 as part of the E3 Futureshop deal, I could have got it for $19 this week, nothing different infact I could have got more game from EB signature edition for much less

Same thing with Batman as it was dropped to $29 shortly after release by walmart, I ended up paying more for only a few weeks extra, one could also argue Rage got same treatment

only you can determine the value of something to yourself, I was all ready to purchase gears season pass this morning for 50% less I was even up early ready to play Raam, I have the points thats not the problem, but for 25% off thats not my price

[quote name='Encrypt']I understand your frustration but I am just going to throw this out there, I purchased Assassins Creed Rev for $39 as part of the E3 Futureshop deal, I could have got it for $19 this week, nothing different infact I could have got more game from EB signature edition for much less

Same thing with Batman as it was dropped to $29 shortly after release by walmart, I ended up paying more for only a few weeks extra, one could also argue Rage got same treatment

only you can determine the value of something to yourself, I was all ready to purchase gears season pass this morning for 50% less I was even up early ready to play Raam, I have the points thats not the problem, but for 25% off thats not my price[/QUOTE]

Did you get to play AC and Batman when you purchased them? Sure you did. Did people get to play the DLC before the discount? No they didn't.

The pre-order DLC racket. Online passes. The flux of redundant SE's, LE's, CE's. Not my favorite things in the gaming world. What gets me about the season pass concept is I'm giving my money upfront for a product that does not yet exist. I get nothing in return to begin with and when I finally do (I have no control over the DLC's release window / time span), I don't know it's quality or if I'll even like it. Plus as its already been said, nothing holds price for very long, so I have to accept the likely possibility of the pass and/or game going on sale in a month's time. Black Friday / Christmas / Boxing Day sales have naturally heighten these feelings.

[quote name='Norieaga']What can you DL with the Gears 3 season pass? Do you get the new RAAM's Shadow?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, so far it's the Horde pack and RAAM's shadow. So it would come with two more DLC packs.

[quote name='AftComet']The season pass was basically a pre-order. You didn't get all the content right away. Why should early adopters (who basically got nothing) have to pay 600MSP more? If this was a pre-order at a brick and mortar store, the customer would have had a price adjusted.

It's absurd. And regular price the DLC comes in at nearly the same price that I paid for the game. It should be way less considering the profit margin is much higher digital than retail. And then, it's not even a major expansion. It's a few maps, a mission, etc. Hell all the DLC for Red Dead was $15 on sale and that is as good as it gets.[/QUOTE]

If you treat it as a pre-order then your logic doesn't make sense. Two of the DLC is already out. Those who "pre-ordered" it got the first one 2 months before the discount, the second a month before. Half off the first one, 200 off the second, and 600 doesn't seem like much anymore.

bread's done
Back