XBLA Sales! 09/26: Frogger, Spades, Bankshot Billiards 2 - 25% Off

ViolentLee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
Whether the last sale went well (Zuma/Dig Dug/Small Arms) or Microsoft wants to say howdy to those it hopes just bought a 360 for Halo 3, they're having another Xbox Live Arcade game sale. However, this time games are 25% off, rather than 50%.

Starting at 12:00 a.m. GMT on Wednesday, September 26 (5:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday, September 25) and continuing through 11: 59 p.m. GMT (4:59 a.m. PDT) on Tuesday, October 2, the following games are on sale:

Frogger - 300 points, down from 400
Bankshot Billiards 2 - 900 points, down from 1200
Hardwood Spades - 300 points, down from 400

Frogger is still going to be 300 points too much, because it sucks. I bought it for 400 points (free MS points of course), and felt incredibly ripped off. Unless you were a god at Frogger at the arcade, it will probably be very hard.
Other than Frogger, I already have Bankshot Billiards, and I don't really want Spades, so I guess nothing for me this time around.

I already have Bankshot Billiards and I wouldn't mind getting Frogger but I'm going to hold off and see what games I get on the 30th, for registering my Xbox 360.

Bankshot Billiards is worth it if anybody has Microsoft Points burning a hole in their pocket. Better to get it now before it goes back up to 1200. Even at 900 it's a touch too much. I don't see why they didn't just lower it to 800 and keep it there since apart from Lumines that's the biggest pricegouge on XBLA.

I held out as long as I could and broke on it last week. Kinda sucks that I could have saved 300 MSP.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I already have Bankshot Billiards and I wouldn't mind getting Frogger but I'm going to hold off and see what games I get on the 30th, for registering my Xbox 360.[/quote]

I hear you there. Hopefully it's something I'll actually play unlike a while back when I got Robotron 2040 as an "oops we screwed up, here's a free game to try to make it up to you". Not terrible, but nothing that will pull me away from Geo Wars or Smash TV.

I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on Gauntlet when it was 200 points. These sales just don't seem as awesome in comparison.

Got a correction email, stating the sale starts at 12:00 a.m. GMT on Wednesday, September 26 (5:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday, September 25) and continues through 11: 59 p.m. GMT (4:59 a.m. PDT) on Tuesday, October 2. Why GMT? Who knows... I updated the OP.

Bankshot Billiards is very fun. And that price is much more reasonable.

I got it with a LIVE kit already, but if I hadn't I would be all over this.

Frogger is ok for about 4-5 minutes at a time but that's about it.
Not sure if I would buy it or not but it was OK for free.

I, too, am hoping for Frogger from the 360 registration deal. I wish they'd just get to it and give us those codes. I may buy Hardwood Spades, though, unless anyone thinks that will be part of it too.

they need to stick with the 200/400 /50% off 100/25% points is not good enough.

I would love to get spades and for 200 id be all over it but 300 is just not enough to get me over the edge.

Hey guys I just checked xbox live arcade for the games on sale this week, and found out that they are all half price !!! instead of the price points listed in the first post,

Bankshot Billiards is only 600 now (great buy !)
Frogger and Hardwood Spades at 200

I'm glad they kept their half price scheme from their last sale, I just purchased all 3 for 1000 points and it was well worth it. Check them out !

Hm...is this all we're getting for arcade this week? I guess if they're going to skip a week, this would be the one to skip since everyone is paying attention to the same thing right now.

[quote name='zein']Hey guys I just checked xbox live arcade for the games on sale this week, and found out that they are all half price !!! instead of the price points listed in the first post,[/quote]

I noticed this last night as well - half price instead of 25% off. I may get Billards now that it's only 600 points.

I'm kinda disappointed that there's no new games for XBLA this week, which is understandable because of the massive promo for Halo 3.

[quote name='zein']Hey guys I just checked xbox live arcade for the games on sale this week, and found out that they are all half price !!! instead of the price points listed in the first post,

Bankshot Billiards is only 600 now (great buy !)
Frogger and Hardwood Spades at 200

I'm glad they kept their half price scheme from their last sale, I just purchased all 3 for 1000 points and it was well worth it. Check them out ![/QUOTE]
Nice. I'll probably now get Frogger after all. Updated the OP.

Sonofabitch. I was pissed after buying Bankshot last week and hearing it was going down to 25% a few days later. Now I'm royally pissed that it's down 50%. 600 MSP down the shitter.

They're showing up on XBLA at 25% off for me, MS must have fixed it or something if they were 50% earlier. Might buy Bankshot Billiards if I could get it for 600, but I won't get it for 900.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Ahhh! What is it? 50% off or 25%? I'm not home to check my own Xbox Live account!

Sometimes, being the OP is stressful.[/QUOTE]
They're currently 25% off. Looks like I won't be buying Bankshot Billiards after all.

Too bad they changed it back...Billiards at 600 would have been a buy for me, but at 900 it's wishful thinking on M$'s part.

Buy Spades!!! You won't be disappointed... unless you have no friends with the game. I, Shipwreck, Scobie, Marten and Musicnoteless have it.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I heard billards was terrible...[/QUOTE]
I got it free long ago, played two games (one I got lucky and sunk the 9 on the break), and haven't touched it since. I'm surprised it wasn't 800 regular price, max. It didn't strike me as any better than, say, Side Pocket 2 for SNES.

bread's done
Back