XBLA - Schizoid - 800pts - 7/9

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Cooperative gameplay is redefined in the fast-paced and unique Schizoid! Control red and blue ships, ramming them into enemies of the same color to destroy them. But be careful, because if you hit the opposite color, you will be destroyed. Quick thinking and quicker reflexes help you seize victory, but sharp teamwork provides the best chance of earning gold medals along the way. Schizoid offers more than 120 levels of challenge, playable in either single-player or co-op mode, plus the brain-melting Uberschizoid hardcore mode, in which one player controls both ships!

• Co-op gameplay to the max: No other multiplayer co-op game has such tight cooperative gameplay. The two players (or one player with a computer A.I. partner, or one player controlling both ships in Uberschizoid) must work together closely in order to defeat the hordes on each level.
  • Uberschizoid mode: For perhaps the most challenging and "brain-melting" challenge yet, try Uberschizoid Mode. Control both red and blue ships, matching them to each enemy color in order to succeed.
  • Tremendous graphics: The glowing, flashing, megabursting graphics add to the game's inherent chaos.
  • Xbox LIVE® play: Play co-op over Xbox LIVE and team up with players worldwide to see how far you can advance!

Great timing with the recent surge of MS points I've gotten over the weekend. Will definitely pick this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdsinferno']i thought the xna games, like dishwasher, would not have achievements. maybe this isn't from the same vein though.[/quote]
Well, since it is being released as an XBLA game, there will be achievements. I think that Dishwasher is also being released on XBLA, and so it will also have achievements. I am pretty sure MS will put some new category up for Xna... probably at E3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, when everybody had access to the XNA games during GDC, some of them had the Achievements option listed on the menu. XNA games are not a whole new category of downloadable games, just another way to make XBLA games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, when everybody had access to the XNA games during GDC, some of them had the Achievements option listed on the menu. XNA games are not a whole new category of downloadable games, just another way to make XBLA games.[/QUOTE]

i understand, but i was under the impression that people who used these tools would not be able to add achievements to their games... that's all.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news.php?id=758

there were some other articles that talked about it, but i can't find them. either way, it looks to not be entirely true.

Really impressed with the demo. Think geometry wars, except you're trying to destroy the chaos rather than avoid it. Felt very fresh and innovative to me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Bought the game after playing through the demo and it's pretty good. Uberschizoid's tough as hell.[/QUOTE]

Agreed... for some reason whenever I lose a life in Uberschizoid mode I involuntarily produce an "ugh" sound. It's like someone punched me in the brain, or something.

Can't wait to try local co-op

I managed to get to the third set of levels in Uberschizoid. Got Golds and Silvers in all but one of the levels in the first two groups, which you need 20 for the one achievement.

The game isn't a shooter at all, you just move into your own color of ship. It's not great in the single-player (with a cpu parter, or both yourself) -- but it REALLY shines when you're playing with another player. If you've got someone you usually co-op with, the game is definitely worth the points IMO. Otherwise, it's probably a dud.

bread's done
Back