XBLA - Scrap Metal - ?pts - TBD

Looks pretty sweet. I love these top down racers. Looks to be a ways away from being released but I think I might be sold already.

[quote name='NTolerance']I can has RC Pro-AM HD?[/QUOTE]

That would be 7 kinds of awesome, it's a RARE game so you never know, maybe one day :pray:

OH YIPPIDITY this looks awesome! I loved these kinda games way back when. Ivan Stewart's Super Off Road was awesome I spent so many quarters on that game. Spent a ton of time playing RC Pro Am as a kid as well.

I don't think anyone bought this. Had a pretty bad rating when I looked at the marketplace but I thought the trial was pretty fun. I might try this one out, just because I know I'm getting toy soldiers and perfect dark, so this way I get in on the 400 msp and the free month of live.

I got it, it's pretty fun. A lot of different maps, gametypes, and vehicles. I say it's well worth the 1200pts. Multiplayer is a little scarce though.

Well, it did just come out yesterday. Give people some time to actually buy the game. :razz:

I'm on the fence myself as to when to get it (only have 1280 points and PD is a day 1 for me), but IGN did rate it at 7.5 IIRC.

Played through about a dozen missions. This game is ok, sort of fun. Haven't tried MP yet. If you aren't buying the block party games I would probably wait for a sale though. 800 MSP seems more reasonable for the game. Also has one of those achievements "gold every mission" so it might be tough for the achievement hounds.

Still need to try the trial. I have no problem with 1200 point quality games, but less hyped games with a multiplayer focus should really be 800 points to help the community. XBLA games have a big issue with becoming online graveyards after a few weeks [thinking of rocket riot most recently :( ].

Drop in multiplayer seems to work best. I still can find multiple games of Marble Blast Ultra going on, any time I try. UNO, of course, is a beast and will be forever.

This is the only game that's stopping from gettings those 400 points. I love toy soldiers and can't wait for perfect dack

I've got the trial downloaded and may try it out tonight. I like this type of game generally. However I've also got the Blur beta downloaded and expect to be trying that out tonight.

Finally beat it yesterday...I got the free remote control car for my avatar. Now I only need to get a gold medal on one mission to get the achievement for gold on all missions. Turns out it's the worst mission on the game....you are a big foot and you have to crush 25 cars within the allotted time. Now if you could just drive over them it would be no big deal, but you have to stand on top of them for like a second for them to crush...God this mission is pissing me off, and I don't know if I can get a gold medal.

Hehe I like this game, a lot but I was planning on getting all the games during this month's promo anyway. Wish I had a bigger garage though. >< The garage part feels very Burnout Paradise-y. ^^

Omg I just did the one Grand Prix race with the Indy Cars "with Freakin' Laser Beams attached to their heads!"

I'm definitely on the fence right now on this game, but I would like to get some feedback about the multiplayer... anyone try it yet? It definitely gives me fond memories of RC Pro-AM.

I'm thinking of buying all the games in the block party deal... how are you guys liking toy soldiers?

Also, I just looked at the trailer for perfect dark, and I admit it looks cool and like another blast from the past, but I don't really know if it looks "re-mastered". I'll probably grab it anyway, looks like multiplayer could be fun.

EDIT: I've been reading up on Perfect Dark, and I think it's going to be a day one purchase. I never got to do much multiplayer on my N64, and PD sounds like it was a blast. I hope it holds up. I also take back the remark about remastering... it looks like they definitely sharpened the graphics up. I imagine it's tough to improve on graphics that are 10 years old without making them unrecognizable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not like a blast from the past, it is one. :razz:

As for Toy Soldiers, while I don't know if I'll get it (low on points), it was good from the demo. Before playing it, I was a bit skeptical, but it ended up being much better than what I thought it was going to be (thought it was going to be more like a tower defense, which it's not in a sense).

Wow reading over the xbox forums I found out this game was made by two people!

I love the controls, just feels perfect
The garage feels like Burnout Paradise-y
Each track is a lot different and has a specific setting
The physics in the game is a blast

However only 4 spots in the garage! and no way in getting back half points replacing a fully upgraded vehicle
Price

Overall I love it though.

I played the trial over the weekend and thought it was pretty fun. I didn't have any trouble the controls. Still, at 1200 points I'm hesitant. If it was 800 points I'd have bought it for sure. I'll probably end up waiting for it to be a deal of the week. I guess that could be a while, though.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Hehe I like this game, a lot but I was planning on getting all the games during this month's promo anyway. Wish I had a bigger garage though. >< The garage part feels very Burnout Paradise-y. ^^

Omg I just did the one Grand Prix race with the Indy Cars "with Freakin' Laser Beams attached to their heads!"[/QUOTE]

Could you direct me to some information about the promo you are talking about?

The promo he's referring to is the Bloc Party promo. If you buy all 4 games this month (Toy Soldiers / Scrap Metal / Perfect Dark / Arcade Room) you get 400 points + 1 month of xbox live.

[quote name='JStryke']The promo he's referring to is the Bloc Party promo. If you buy all 4 games this month (Toy Soldiers / Scrap Metal / Perfect Dark / Arcade Room) you get 400 points + 1 month of xbox live.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I believe the Game Room is not something you buy, you download the arcade thing but you have to buy the games in it.

I was just doing the second to last mission on the last track and the Gangster says, "Yo Imma let you finish, but I'm the best driver here." Hahaha:applause:

Right, the game room itself is free. Perhaps buy was the wrong word, but gets the point across well enough.

I played the demo twice. It seems like it could be fun. With perfect dark and toy soldiers it's 800 points after the 400 point rebate and you get 1 month gold.

I watched my husband try the demo for this last night, and we're both passing. I never liked those old top-down arcade-style games, so this just isn't up my alley.

I kinda like it, but I'm definitely not doing 1200 points for it. Maybe 800. I'm not sure I'll be getting perfect dark, so the 400 point bonus won't do it for me unless I do.

Well, if you get it at 1200pts, you'll get 400pts back assuming you bought Toy Soldiers and you said you're getting Perfect Dark making it 800pts AR ;)

Well that's what I'm saying, I'm not sure if I'll get perfect dark or not. I like toy soldiers enough to maybe pay full price for it (haven't bought it yet), but unless I really like perfect dark, I won't buy that and won't get the 400 pt bonus.

So unless I decide to get perfect dark I definitely won't buy this full price and might even wait for toy soldiers to drop.

I got the demo and was wondering how many missions are like the one where you just drive around for a certain amount of time trying to stay alive. I thought that one was boring.

[quote name='SpazX']Well that's what I'm saying, I'm not sure if I'll get perfect dark or not. I like toy soldiers enough to maybe pay full price for it (haven't bought it yet), but unless I really like perfect dark, I won't buy that and won't get the 400 pt bonus.

So unless I decide to get perfect dark I definitely won't buy this full price and might even wait for toy soldiers to drop.[/QUOTE]

I'm just guessing by the scores that have been hitting ht net recently that you'll probably like Perfect Dark haha.

I can't beat the tank. I'm so close getting him down to 2 stars last night but man he's well a tank!

The hover car is my new favorite vehicle, it kicks ass and it's weapon is the flamethrower! If you get behind someone with that thing they're going to feel the heat!:D

[quote name='Spybreak8']I'm just guessing by the scores that have been hitting ht net recently that you'll probably like Perfect Dark haha.

I can't beat the tank. I'm so close getting him down to 2 stars last night but man he's well a tank!

The hover car is my new favorite vehicle, it kicks ass and it's weapon is the flamethrower! If you get behind someone with that thing they're going to feel the heat!:D[/QUOTE]

Tank was a bit tough at first, but the only way to defeat him is to place mines near him and have him run over them. So just go around the map get as far away from him as you can, destroy his bodyguards get the special mine, look for the tank, place the mine near him and repeat. Also, as you're going around the map, be sure to pick up the health powerups any time you spot them, if you run over your own mines you'll take massive amounts of damage.

I'm picking this game up tonight while I wait for Perfect Dark... I'll probably need a nap at some point, but I'd love to try out the Scrap Metal multiplayer with some fellow CAGs - I'm Kalei50 on XBL. See you around, maybe.

Have fun!

Hehe played the game over easter weekend and man is it a blast local multplayer wise. The solo play was decent but it really shines in multiplayer. Fun game to have on the couch with friends and/or family. I hear there needs to be more player spots in online multiplayer though.

bread's done
Back